Justin’s POV:
    God, what was I thinking?  Going solo at the peak of our career?  I mean, 2 million albums in one week just doesn’t happen everyday, and still, here it is, 10 years later, and no one has out sold us, yet there I was, at home, with too much pride to admit I was wrong, missing my best friends, and our tour days, seeing all our amazing loyal fans. Who am I kidding? All the *NSYNC fans have given up on us, all these years saying, “One day it’ll happen”, yet none of us doing a thing about it… Why Justin, why did you do this to yourself? To your best friends? To your fans? I know why, because you’ve got too much of an ego, too much pride to admit that you were wrong. Why can’t I just admit that I was wrong, and that we, in fact, do owe it to ourselves and whatever fans we may have out there, to do a reunion tour.

    As I sat there online, googling myself and *NSYNC, I stumbled up a MySpace that looked recent… *NSYNC: We Want You Back. It can’t be recent, I mean, who really wants us back? I mean, a washed out boy band from 10 years ago? Yeah right, Justin, who are you fooling?  Ah, what the heck, let’s just see this page, I mean, a dedicated fan must have worked really hard on this. As I scrolled my mouse over, clicking on the page, our song, “I Want You Back” began to play, along with a live video of our old days. I began to scroll through the page, and realized that there is a link to iPetition to have fans sign to see us back together again, and a sudden rush of curiosity came over me, and I clicked on the link, and realized that it in fact was a current site. 10,000 signatures, and counting. This was amazing! I decided to look at the page again, reading everything on the page, and noticing that two girls from California ran the page. They’re kind’a cute, I thought to myself, and realized that they have some information about how and why they’re fans, and it just touched my heart so much, that a tear formed in my eye.

    This is it, Justin, you need to hold your pride in, and call the guys up, and tell them about this page, and work this all out., I said to myself. Enough is enough. I took in a huge sigh, and picked up my phone, deciding to call JC first.

“Hello?” he answered on the first ring.  “Hey JC, it’s Justin, look man, I, I need to talk to you, and the rest of the guys…” I sighed, stuttering as I spoke.  “The rest of the guys, meaning…?” JC sounded a little confused, which made me chuckle. Good ol’ JC, he’s always been the slow one when it came to catching on with the topic of discussion. “As in Lance, Joey, and Chris… Do you think we can all grab some lunch tomorrow afternoon?” I asked. “Oh, OH! Wow, yeah man, that sounds awesome! I can’t wait!” JC exclaimed, full of enthusiasm. I hung up with him, once arrangements were made to have lunch the next day at the Grove, around 2 o’clock. Next I decided to call Chris, then Lance, and Joey.  Everyone agreed a lunch gathering would be a good idea. I couldn’t wait to see my four best friends all together again, and decided to print out the fan site and iPetition to bring to lunch, to show the guys, once I was done with my apology.

    That night, I laid in my bed, and stared up at my ceiling, unable to fall asleep, feeling like a kid anxious for the next day, like I was going to Disneyland or something.  Snap out of it, Justin, everything will be fine, I told myself, just get some sleep!

    The following morning, I woke up with a huge grin on my face, barely able to keep my excitement. I jumped out of bed, and showered and dressed, anxious to see my brothers. This is it, Justin, I said to myself, as I left, a little disguised, headed off to the Grove. As I arrived, I took a deep sigh, This is it, Justin, you can do this, pull yourself together, you WANT this! I took in another big breath, and got out of my car, clicking my alarm on, as I walked towards the Grove. We decided to meet by the movie theatre, and head to the burger joint in the food court. I was the last arrive, and once they saw me, we all exchanged hugs. Man, I missed these guys so much. It’d been years since we were all together, as five, at the same location. This had to be the best feeling in the world, second to the first time we sang together as a group… I remember it like it was yesterday, as Lance arrived at my house, auditioning to be our bass singer. Once we sang our first note, I knew we’d go far. We were it, we had it… and I ruined IT with my big ass ego.

    Once we were all seated with our food, and began eating, and all caught up on our lives, I cleared my thought, trying to get their attention. “So, I uh, I guess you guys are wondering why I asked you guys to meet for lunch, huh?” I stuttered, looking each guy in the eye, each of them nodding in agreement. “Well, I um, I… I want to apologize for everything, for breaking up the band, and going solo, especially at the peak of all our success… I just had too much of an ego to admit it back then, and I royally fucked up… and well, I just hope you guys can forgive me…” I finished, with a big sigh. I was too afraid to look at their expressions, but made myself look at each guys’ face, and to my surprise they were all laughing. “What, what’s so funny guys?” I asked, feeling my cheeks flush with red.  “Of course we forgive you, you little fucker!” Chris chuckled, smacking my back. “We’re brothers, and still love you. It happens to best of us, and we’re just glad you’ve got your head on straight again,” Joey added. I let out a sigh of relief, and chuckled with them, glad that they had so easily forgiven me.  

    “Hey, uh, Justin, what’s in that folder you brought with you?” Lance asked, pointing to my notebook. Oh! I almost forgot! “Oh! Well, this is part two of  why I called us all to have this luncheon. See, I was googling us last night, and saw this amazing fan site these two girls put together-“ “Wait, you were GOOGLING US?“ the guys interrupted me, now in hysterics. “Yes, googling, now shut it, and let me finish! Anyway, they put this site together with a iPetition, getting people to sign who want to see us for a reunion. It’s called, *NSYNC: We Want You Back, the reunion tour. There’s 10,000 signatures so far, and the page is amazing. I print screened it, and wanted to show you guys, and wanted to, I don’t know, if you guys would want to, but maybe do a reunion tour?” I hesitated the last question, unsure if I was overwhelming them with so much at one meal.

    “I, I don’t know man, it’s been so long…” JC sighed, looking down at his plate. “What do you mean you don’t know? JC, look, I know I fucked up, but, we owe it to our fans, I mean, we vanished- granted it was my fault, but we told our fans we’d always be *NSYNC, and damn it, we will be!” I exclaimed, a little too loud, seeing some heads turn, from people seated around us. “Yeah, JC, Justin is right, I mean, it’s the perfect time, and we do owe it to our fans, and if anyone, these two girls who made this amazing site,” Lance agreed, in a hushed tone. “Yeah, man, come on,” Joey and Chris agreed. JC sighed, shaking his head, then looked at us all, each of us doing our best puppy dog face, knowing JC couldn’t resist our pleading faces. “Ugh, you guys know I can’t say no to you guys, you’re my best friends, damn it!” he chuckled, finally agreeing with us that it, in fact, was time.

    Only time would tell who still wanted us back…


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story