Story Notes:
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Justin Timberlake in any way, shape or form although I would like to. However, all original characters are mine. Please enjoy!

"Amber, can you help me please fit into this top!" My best friend Kylie yelled. "Justin's going to be here any minute!" I rolled my eyes at the sound of his name. My best friend was dating a man named Justin Timberlake. Yes, him. They met at a fashion show about a year and a half ago and have been dating ever since. Now you're probably wondering why I rolled my eyes. You see, Justin and I don't have the GREATEST friendship ever. He was all popular and famous while I was the narrow-minded bookworm. We just..never really clicked. 

"Ugh, what's the issue Kye?" I asked while looking at her struggling. The poor girl had her hair all messed up and she was all out of breath. 

"Please...zip this" She said through quick breaths. I walked up behind her and tried to help her zip up. Once I got it all the way up the doorbell rang, I groaned loudly. "Omigosh! I'm not even done yet! Amber please get the door" 

"No, make him wait"

"Amber please don't leave my boyfriend waiting out there" I stared back at her before turning on my heel to make my way downstairs. I walked up to the door and opened it. There he stood with a bouquet of flowers dressed in a white striped long-sleeved shirt with a black vest over it to go along with his black slacks. His hair tousled and curly. I must say, although he wasn't my favorite person, the man could dress. I left the door open for him to walk in. 

"Kylie will be down in a minute" He didn't answer, instead just shut the door. I took a seat on the couch and began flipping through the channels, landing on the Food Network. Justin sat next to me, oddly enough. 

"So, you got any plans for tonight?"

"Uh uh" I answered somewhat coldly. I didn't need him to remind me of the fact that it was Saturday night and I once again was staying in. 

"I'd invite you to come with if Trace was in town and--"

"I don't need your pity invite Justin. I've got some work to get done anyway" I lied. I was going to just stay home and do what I always do. Read, watch a sappy movie, read some more and sleep. Pretty pathetic huh?

"If you say so. You should go out though"

"And what do you care if I do?" I retorted, staring back into his crystal blues. 

"I don't. I'm just saying"

"No need to 'just say' I'm fine here" I heard the heels clicking on the steps as we both turned around to notice Kylie who looked like she could barely breath in that corset black top and jeans. 

"Baby you look amazing" Justin said before getting up and handing her the flowers. 

"Awww honey you didn't have to. Amber can you put these in some water for me? We're already late" She handed me the flowers. That was one thing I didn't like about Kylie. I mean, no defending Justin here but the whole buying her flowers thing was really sweet and she just handed them off to me. It isn't the first time she's done that neither. He's surprised her with chocolates, balloons, food that she doesn't eat or claims 'doesn't go well with her diet'. She just seems a bit unappreciative at times. I'd kill to have a boyfriend like him. Well not exactly like him but the sweetness part of course. 

I placed the flowers into a vase with water and set it on the table. Beautiful yellow lilles that smelled wonderful. I got lost in their scent for a second before I heard the door slam. Walking over to the couch I stubbed my toe on the table leg.
"Shit" I cursed. I sat on the couch and looked through the TV guide for are good movie. The Notebook was on. One of my favorites. Grabbing a bag of nearby chips I settled down and watched it for the umpteenth time. I didn't even notice I had fallen asleep when...

*WHAM*

The door slammed. I looked around and realized the bag of Lays chips, sitting on my chest. I got up and scratched my head before hearing messing around in the kitchen. I looked inside. 

"Good morning sleepyhead" before me stood a cheery Justin washing dishes.

"What the hell are you doing here?'

"Now that's no way to wake up. Kye went to go shopping and I decided to stay around for a bit before heading home, I hope that's okay"

"Whatever" I groaned before heading to the bathroom to wash up. By the time I walked out he was in front of the TV watching Good Burger, laughing his ass off. 

"I'm sorry if you were gonna watch something, I just saw Good Burger was on and--"

"Uh huh" I poured myself a bowl of cereal and he stopped me. 

"Amber there are pancakes on the counter for you" I stared at him then looked back at the counter. There sat a plate with Pancakes, scrambled eggs and sausage. Why did he do that?

"Thanks" I muttered before grabbing the syrup and a fork. I sat at the table and he got up and sat in front of me.

"So how was your night last night?" I grilled him as I continued eating. "Amber?"

"Gee Justin I don't know. I watched The Notebook, cried, ate away my sorrows with my trusty friend Lays and woke up to find only you and I here" Okay I admit that was a bit rude but come on! How did he expect my night to be?

"You should come out with us tonight"

"What?"

"You should come out with us tonight. Dancing. I think it'd be good for you. Kylie told me about Charlie" My stomach turned at the mention of his name. Charlie Burke. The guy who broke my heart into trillions of pieces when I found out he had slept with my cousin Rebecca. Not to mention he got her pregnant with twins. I should've known Kye would open her big mouth to Justin. 

 "Look I really don't need you feeling sorry for me Justin"

"Who says I do? All I did was ask you to come out with us" He had a point. I got up and took my plate back into the kitchen as he followed. "Just..think about it alright?" I nodded as he got his stuff together. "I'll pick you and Kye up by 8:30" He said before shutting the door. I took a deep breath as I stripped and stepped into the shower. 
-----

"What do you mean you can't make it? Have you told Justin?" I questioned Kylie. I was already dressed as set to go before she dropped the bombshell that she had to go to a meeting. A meeting at 8:30 at night on a Saturday?

"Just go Amber and have fun. It'll be fine without me"  She insisted. I sighed as I heard the doorbell ring. She went to open it.

"Baby, you're not ready yet" I heard. I tried to listen as she told him why she couldn't make it. "Amber!" She called. I walked out and felt eyes glued to me. He scanned me up and down.From my silver Nine West shoes to my tan legs, glorified by my royal blue dress that hugged me in all the right places. My hair had a medium hump on the top thanks to my lovely Bump-It. I had a pair of silver hoop earrings to complete the look. "You guys can still go without me. Amber honey you need to get out. Go with Justin and he'll help you meet some people" She said while walking over to me and rubbing my shoulder. I looked at Justin who was wearing a light blue dress shirt and grey slacks. 

"Do you still want to go Amber?" He asked while placing his hands in his pockets. NO! My head screamed. 

"Sure why not" I surprised myself with that one. 

"Great!" Kylie clapped her hands. "Have fun you two. Amber, watch him for me" She joked. I let out a small chuckle as Justin and I walked out the door. On the way to his car I mentally slapped myself what must've been a thousand times.

"I can't believe she ditched us"

"Who are you telling?" Justin said in a raspy tone as he started his car. We drove off to the Roseland night club that was packed. I walked out and Justin placed his hand on my back leading me inside. I shivered at his touch. Once inside we met up with a few of his friends and their dates. 

"Guys this is Amber, Kylie's best friend. Kylie couldn't make it" I shook their hands as they all greeted me with smiles. 

"Ooh Justin I see how it is. Your girl can't make it so you bring her friend" His best friend Trace sang. I laughed that comment off while I watched him place his arm over the stunning blonde that was next to him. "So Kylie, tell us about yourself"

"Well um, I don't do this much" I joked. "I'm an accountant. Um, I'm 25" I added. 

"Nice" Was all he said. The night was spent with people buying me drinks and Justin off dancing with random girls. Nothing crazy but he just danced...a lot. I then noticed a sudden music change. 

"We gonna slow it down a bit now ya'll. These are for all those people that came tonight with...let's say people they're not supposed to be with" The  DJ said as he began playing 'Careless Whispers' by Wham! I nodded my head to the song when I felt a hand grab me and pull me to the dancefloor. It was Justin. He placed my hands on his shoulders as his fell to my waist. 

"I was beginning to think you forgot about me" I said as he gave me half a smile. 

"No, it's just that I know you're not my biggest fan, so I decided I would just let you chill for the night" He said as he continued to sway to the music with me. 

"Thanks for bringing me here Justin" I think it was the drinks, but I all of a sudden felt comfortable. A little too comfortable with Justin. I looked into his eyes and noticed that he seemingly does want to be my friend. That he is in fact, trying

"It's no problem. God you don't know how miserable you make everyone when you mope around in that house all day"  I hit him on his shoulder as he let out a laugh. 

"Well, it's not easy" 

"I know" He said as we both focused on dancing with one another. We got a little closer as the song got more intense. There was one moment where I looked up and he was looking straight at me.

"What?" I said, barely audible. 

He leaned in, his lips mere inches from mine. I closed my eyes and swallowed hard preparing myself for what I thought might happen before...
"Let's just say Kylie not being able to make it may have not been so bad"

I'm never gonna dance again,Guilty feet have got no rhythm.

Though it's easy to pretend,I know you're not a fool.

I should have known better than to cheat a friend,

And waste the chance that I'd been given.So I'm never gonna dance again,

The way I've danced with you...

Chapter End Notes:

Song: 'Careless Whispers' by Wham!

 

Please review! I hope you guys like! 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: otherwoman justin