Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all the great reviews! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the story so far!

"Lily!" Justin exclaimed as he walked in. His enthusiasm to see me surprised me. 

"Hey Justin" I said while he gave me a quick hug. I walked back over to the couch where I was reading. 

"What are you reading?"

"A Streetcar Named Desire" I said before focusing my attention back to the book.

"Ooh good one. I think Blanche was completely crazy. She totally deserved everything she got"

"Yo-you read this?" I was somewhat, shocked I must say.

"Who hasn't?" He put his hands in his pockets. "That bitch was nuts"

"Okay she may have been crazy but Stanley was horrible as well. He definitely pushed her to her breaking point"

"What? Blanche was going to end up in the crazyhouse either way!"

"So you're telling me that him raping her and treating her like shit was okay?" I was beginning to get agitated.

"Of course it's not okay. I'm just saying that if he raped her or not she was going to somehow end up in a strait jacket"

"Ugh whatever Justin. Stanley was totally nuts and abusive towards Stella. HE was the crazy one!"

"Yeah alright, and that's why Blanche was ALWAYS seen in the light!"

"She didn't want to be seen in the light because she didn't want Mitch to see how old she was!"

"Which makes her crazy and delusional if she thinks she can have an honest relationship in the dark!" He shot back. I scoffed. "Exactly" He teased. 

"You actually payed attention to the book" I blurted. 

"Lily I'm not a complete idiot. I do what I do but I am no airhead" I suddenly felt bad for judging him. His words were forever gonna stick with me. 'I do what I do but I am no airhead'.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like--"

"That's alright. Don't be sorry. You're not the first one to think that way" Great Justin, make me feel even worse!

"I um...I should call Kylie and tell her you're here"

"Go ahead" He just said. I picked up my phone and dialed her number. "Hey this is Kylie. I can't get to the phone right now but if you leave a message--" Wonderful, no answer. I looked over to Justin who was flipping through my book. I decided I'd try calling Kylie again. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Kye. Um, did you know Justin is here for you?" 

"He is? I didn't know he was going over. Damn, I'm actually at an important meeting then I'm gonna head down for rehearsal for tomorrow's show. My models are still confused with the runways and stuff" Noooow she's leaving us again. 

"Oh. I can tell him to leave then"

"No Amber don't do that. Stay and watch a movie or something. Get to know him better" She insisted. I sighed. 

"Kye I don't need to be forced to like him"

"I'm not forcing you. I'm just being...persistant" That made me laugh a little. 

"Alright then. I'll see you later"

"Bye" I hung up and walked over to Justin. 

"She won't be able to make it. She's got a meeting and rehearsal" 

"I know" Wait that confused me. He knew she wasn't gonna be here and showed up anyways. 

"Wait. You knew she wasn't here and still came?"

"Uh huh"

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to bother you" I rolled my eyes.

"Mission accomplished. You may leave now"

"Lily why are you throwing me out so soon? Let's at least finish that conversation we were having"

"About what?"

"Well about you and...and your life"

"Justin I really don't want to get into that" I said while pouncing down on the couch and facing him. 

"See that's your problem Amber. You never want to get into anything. You keep everything bottled up that's why you're so bitchy all the time" He got me with that one. 

"Bitchy? Excuse me Mr. I-Have-Everything-I-Fucking-Want. You don't know anything about me. You expect to just waltz in here and I'm going to open up myself to you? Hell no"

"You won't allow me to know anything about you. I just want to help you"

"Well you can't help me Justin. Nothing can help me!" I yelled. I felt my eyes get watery. Oh gosh I didn't want to cry in front of him again. 

"Why not?"

"Why not, what?"

"Why can't anything help you?"

"Ugh, because"

"Because what?"

"Because no one gives a shit! Dammit Justin why the fuck are you asking so many questions?" I said while wiping my eyes. He just came over and hugged me. Falling into his embrace, my tears went away. As they did I backed up from him. His piercing stare just, glaring at me. 

"Tell me about your mother Lily" He was back to the nickname. 

"What about her?"

"Everything. Whatever you remember" 

"She was so beautiful. Long black hair. Tan skin. She was Venezuelan. Her cooking was amazing. She always wore these beautiful skirts and dresses. Before my father started hitting her, they seemed perfect. He loved her. She always used to sing to us before bedtime. That's pretty much it I guess"

"You forgot something" He said while rubbing my knee.

"Oh yeah and what's that?"

"That she smelled like lillies" I smiled at that thought. 

"That too" I said with a chuckle.

"What happened when you moved with your aunt?"

"Well not too much better. Although I did learn more about my Venezuelan side. Once my dad began to go crazy he didn't want us speaking Spanish in the house. Nothing in reference to my hispanic side. So it wasn't until my aunt took me in that I actually learned how to speak Spanish" 

"Wow. You speak it fluently now"

"Por supuesto que si" I said with a smile.

"Nice" He said as he took my hand. "Now was that so hard?" I thought about it for a second. 

"No. It actually wasn't" Things got quiet after that and a bit awkward. Justin cleared his throat to break the silence. 

"Well I guess I should get going" He said as he got up. I got up to walk him to the door before he turned around. 

"You know you're really something Lily" That was random. 

"Thanks?" I laughed.

"You wanna go out tonight. There's this benefit tonight that Kylie was supposed to come with me to before she said she was busy. It's at 8:00" I bit my lip in hesitance.

"I don't know Justin. I mean--"

"Shh, it'll be fun. Get your most elegant dress and I'll be back here at 7:30" He said before leaving. I honestly didn't know what to think. I did know that this was strictly me filling in Kye's place. Of course, minus the kissing and stuff. I called Justin back to ask him what Kylie thought about this and he said that she actually encouraged it. 

----

Once 7:30 hit, I placed my final dab of Dolce and Gabana Light Blue perfume on. I walked to answer the doorbell which had just been rund hoping my long purple gown was "elegant" enough. My hair was in a sort of messy half-up do. I completed the look with natural make up and a simple necklace. I opened the door to see Justin in a black suit with a grey button-down under. He looked so handsome. 

"You look gorgeous Lily" He said as he stuck out his elbow for me to link my arm through. And that I did. 

By the time we got there, there were so many people eager to see Justin. He greeted all of them and answered their thousands of questions, including if I was his new girlfriend. I had found my self wandering off and ended up in the hor d'oeuvres section. Lost in my own world, I didn't even notice Justin walk over. 

"Enjoying that shrimp?"

"Yeah, sorry" I said as he laughed. He continued laughing as I got myself a napkin.

"Having fun?"

"Yeah it's nice. Everyone was so excited to see you"

"No, more excited to see my money"

"Huh?"

"They all wanna see how much money I'll donate to the charity. They could care less about how I'm actually doing" Wow. Here I go beginning to feel bad for him once again. No one caring about what you're actually feeling, just how fat your wallet is. Must be hard.

"Let's make this fun then" I walked over to the DJ who was playing boring ass music and whispered for him to put on Justin's very own, SexyBack. As the beat began, I never received so many dirty looks in my life. I began dancing over to Justin, pulling his arms to the middle of the floor. 

"What the heck are you doing? Stop it" Justin practically scolded through clenched teeth. He looked around, smiling embarrassingly at all the people who were engaged in whispers and pointing fingers. 

"They wanna make this night all about you? Then we're gonna make it all about you. Come on, Dirty baaaaabe, You see these shackles baby I'm your slaaaaave" I sang. I continued to dance around Justin in circles. Eventually he gave in and danced along as more people got on the dance floor. I had so much fun honestly. Justin just needed to loosen up a bit. I didn't really like the "Mr. I'm-trying-to-impress-everyone" Justin Timberlake. 

I ended up on the balcony overlooking the beautiful city. All the lights and fresh,clean air. I loved how the stars glistened also. 

"Hey you" I heard Justin. I turned around and smiled. "What are you doing out here, the party isn't over yet" 

"I know, I'm just looking at the stars" Corny, I know. But true. He looked up with me. After a few moments he spoke again. 

"Why haven't you tried to get in touch with your mother?"

"What? Justin, not here, please"

"I'm just asking. Whether she knows it or not, she has an amazing daughter. Lily thank you so much for what you did in there. You really made it a heck of a lot easier" I chuckled as his comment. 

"You're welcome. And she's tried to reach me" 

"Oh my god then how come you don't talk to her?"

"She kicked me out Justin. And please, I really do not want to think about that right now. Let's just continue to have a good night okay?"

"Alright" He forfeited. I nodded at him and began to make my way back inside. "Lily wait" He stopped me. I stared at him for what felt like years. 

"What Justin?"

"Thanks for coming with me tonight" He smiled as he kissed me on my cheek. I felt my stomach do cartwheels. I just blushed as I headed back in with him. 

 

Tonight the music seems so loud 

I wish that we could lose this crowd 

Maybe it's better this way 

We'd hurt each other with the things we'd want to say...

Chapter End Notes:
Please Review! :]


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: otherwoman justin