Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another chapter guys! So happy to now be on the Featured Stories list! Thanks again! :]

"Amber!" I heard from behind me. She was here. I immediately put a fake smile on my face and turned around. 

 

"Kylie! You're here" I said trying to fake excitement. She was smiling at me very brightly before Justin walked in. 

 

"Baby I can't believe you're-" He stopped when he saw Kylie holding me hands. "Here" he finished. She stared at him and then looked back at me. 

 

"Justin" She began. I blinked and swallowed hard. "I thought you were in LA" He cleared his throat. 

 

"I was. But I heard about Amber and I came out here to check on her"

 

"Who did you hear about Amber from?" Justin remained quiet for a few moments. 

 

"You..remember? You told me a couple of days ago" I bit my lip hoping she would remember. She laughed and threw her head back. 

 

"Oh my god you're right. I didn't even remember" Stupid. Sorry, sorry Kylie. I didn't mean that. "Hi baby" She said as she approached him and attempted to give him a kiss. He looked at me with apologetic eyes but for some reason I didn't care. I couldn't care. 

 

"Mi'ja who's here?" My mom came out and asked. She eyed Kylie up and down. 

 

"Hola Mrs. Mendoza"

 

"Kylie. You're so big and beautiful. Come here sweetie" She said opening her arms to Kylie. While they were hugging, Justin stole another glance of me but I just rolled my eyes. 

 

"Oh! I nearly forgot. I have to go visit my friend Janet across town. I'll be back at 12:00" I thought she was here for "me". Guess not. "Is that okay?" I nodded quickly. 

 

"Sure. Go ahead" She gave me a quick kiss and handed me her small bag of luggage. By the looks of it she wasn't staying too long. 

 

"Put these in J's room" She said before leaving. I made my way upstairs to the room and I heard someone follow me. 

 

"Why didn't you tell me she was here?" I turned around to see Justin. 

 

"How was I supposed to know? She didn't say what time she was coming" I turned around and placed her bags down.  

 

"A warning would've been nice"  

 

"It was impossible. But now you get to have sex and be with your girlfriend. Whoopie!"

 

"Are you jealous?"

 

"Me? Of what?"

 

"Oh Kylie coming here"

 

"No. I just...I don't want to look at you right now"

 

"Me? Lily you have just as much fault in this as I do" Justin yelled. 

 

"Don't call me that and don't scream at me! Look just get out"

 

"No Lily. Look there's something here and you know it. You're just afraid to let it happen"

 

"I'm not afraid, it's that it CAN'T happen Justin. What don't you get? My best friend is your girlfriend. This isn't right"

 

"Says who?" Justin came and closed the space between us. Our lips centimeters apart. His breath smelled mint fresh. My lips began to quiver as I searched for the right words.

 

"It's not right" Was all I could repeat. Great job Amber. 

 

"Says who?" He repeated. I looked at him as he leaned in a little bit closer. 

 

"No! Justin!"

 

"What?"

 

"I can't do this" All of a sudden I felt him tightly grab my arm and spin me around. As soon as I felt his lips on mine everything felt okay. This, this was where I was supposed to be. In his arms there was something I hadn't found. But here it was. I wanted to call him mine but I couldn't. He pulled away from me and placed both his hands on the sides of my face. 

 

"This isn't right?" He asked faintly. I felt my eyes flutter. 

 

"Justin" I whispered. 

 

"Shh" He said before lowering his lips to mine once again. 

 

--------

 

"You were out late last night" I said to Kylie who was pouring herself coffee. She didn't say anything and rushed to sit down. 

 

"Janet's brother Jason was there" She said with a smirk. I stared at her.

 

"Ok..."

 

"Well we played a game and we kinda ended up...making out"

 

"What?!?" I tried not to scream too loud. 

 

"Shut up you're going to wake everyone" She whispered. "He's a great kisser"

 

"But what about-"

 

"Shh" She kicked me under the table.

 

"Good morning everyone" I heard from behind me. I turned to see Justin wearing nothing but a pair of sweat pants. His toned body glistening with little shower droplets. He walked over to Kylie and kissed her on the lips. Little did he know he was tasting another man. He kissed me on my forehead before taking a seat next to Kylie. "How are my two ladies today?"

 

"Good" Kylie responded with a smile. She looked at me while I was still in much shock. 1. From the news she just gave me and 2. from what Justin was wearing. Or should I say, not wearing. She widened her eyes as if telling me to act normal. 

 

"Fine" I said. "Just fine" Justin eyed me before I looked away. I wanted to grab him and do so many things to him. Yet he couldn't be mine. 

 

"I have to leave on Wednesday" Kylie blurted out. 

 

"What? But you just got here" Justin said. 

 

"I know honey muffin but I got to get back to work. Bryan is harassing me"

 

"Who's Bryan?" Kylie turned to me. 

 

"My new boss" I just stared at Justin. I could see the look of hurt on his face. I felt so bad for the way he continued to desperately play her game. Here he was making out with me yet he wouldn't leave her. 

 

"Well, I'm going to go out for a run" I broke the silence. 

 

"Oh good, I'm going to go get my nails done. You coming baby?" She said while turning to Justin.

 

"No, I think I'll join Amber for a run" Nicely played, Timberlake. 

 

"Oh, you two have fun on your sweaty adventure" She said while getting up to go to the room. I threw on my sweatshirt while Justin did the same and we were out the door. 

 

I kept my pace nicely as Justin kept next to me, pulling up ahead of me every once in a while. I wrestled the thought in my head about bringing up Kylie or not. I wanted to tell him so bad about her and that Jason guy but I didn't want to see him crushed. Yet, he shouldn't be so crushed because he's doing the same to her, only worse. With me, her best friend. I tried to think about what I was going to do exactly but before I knew it, words came out quicker than I wanted them to. 

 

"Why don't you leave her?" Justin stopped and looked at me.

 

"What?" He said while trying to catch his breath. He placed his hands on his knees. I swallowed and looked into his crystal blue eyes.

 

"Why don't you leave her? Kylie" Justin stayed quiet for about 20 seconds. 

 

"I already told you Lily"

 

"No Justin! She treats you like shit. And you let her!"

 

"What the hell is wrong with you? Just last night you were telling me we couldn't do us because she's your best friend. And now you're telling me to break up with her? You make no sense"

 

"Well...let's just say I realized something overnight"

 

"Realized what? That you're always wanting something you can't have. First your mother now me? Quit cryin' over spilled milk" He snickered. I just stared at him with tears stinging my eyes. Before I could control it a burning sensation overwhelmed my hand as it collided with his cheek. He looked back at me. "I'm sorry"

 

"No" I said as I headed back to my house.

 

Why is it that everytime I want people around to distract me, there's no one there to distract me? Once again I stormed into an empty house and ran up the stairs. I sat on the corner of my bed and opened the drawer. Inside I found an old cd that must've been my mom's. I placed it inside the cd player. There the song "Careless Whisper" began. The same song Justin and I danced to for the first time. The first time I gave him a chance. I should've known I was wrong. 

 

The lyrics of the song had just began to sink in when I heard a knock at my door. "What do you want?" I asked bitterly. I paused the song and got up to shut the door in his face, but he, the stronger man, stopped it.

 

"I'm sorry Lily. I shouldn't have said that. I didn't mean it"

 

"Oh please Justin you know you did. You know since you really felt that way, I don't even know why you came out here with me. Was it because you thought you were gonna get a piece of vunerable, desperate ass? Huh?"

 

"No Lily. I didn't mean that. I was just upset"

 

"I don't understand why. All I did was try to give you advice"

 

"Advice that you know I can't take. I already told you I can't leave Kylie" 

 

"And I don't understand why. You're ridiculous"

 

"Please forgive me Lily. I'm sorry" I sighed and looked at his pleading eyes. 

 

"I still don't get why you won't leave her"

 

"I can't"

 

"Why not?"

 

"Because my little brother needs a kidney transplant. And she's the only one we know who's a match"

 

I was stunned. I didn't know what to think. She was going to do something selfless for once. There had to be a catch. She'd never do something like this just for the hell of it.

 

"There has to be a catch. What do you have to do if she does this?" He looked down at his feet.

 

"I have to marry her" 

 

Time can never mend

The careless whisper of a good friend


Incomplete
Nattiekins is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked Careless Whispers also liked 371 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: otherwoman justin