Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys! Sorry the wait was so long... massive writers block for this story... but atleast i got it lol. So please review...

 

ALSO! Shameless plug... I'm writing a story with the awesome and talented Mariah... check it out and review...thanks guys! Under Rug Swept by Audette http://archive.whimsicalfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=335&ageconsent=ok&warning=4

 

Chapter 6

                Another day, another interview; that was quickly becoming Paige’s motto on life. Her life had become so increasingly busy, which she was grateful for though, that she had barely even seen Justin since their last encounter. She hated to admit it, but he had gotten under skin.

               

                Today was a different day though, she finally had a few hours to herself and she was going to dedicate her time to following JC Chasez. She was terrified of course, especially because of everything Justin had told her about JC and Lance’s alleged involvement.

 

                How could anyone be so cruel as to take away another persons freedom? To set up such a perfect crime as to lock them up forever.  That was just horrible. There was no way to even justify such a sick deed.

 

                Standing outside of the recording studio where JC was going to be working on his newest album, tentatively titled Kate, Paige watched JC pull up in front in his navy blue jaguar. Her mouth almost dropped as the gorgeous man stepped out of his car in what seemed like slow motion. Joshua Scott Chasez was a timeless handsome. Everything from the bright shade of blue that his eyes were, to the statuesque physique screamed

 

                “Park my car please… and be careful. If you scratch it you fix it.” JC stated coldly. Obviously, his cold attitude betrayed his warm and welcoming looks.

 

                “I-I… I’m not a parking attendant…” Paige said softly. Her eyes desperately wanted to meet the ground and look away from the man staring at her so intensely.

 

                “You want an autograph or a picture then?”

 

                “No no… I um… you see well…”

                “I really don’t have all day to wait here. Can you spit it out?”

 

                “I spoke to Johnny and he said it was okay if  I…”

 

                “I don’t have time to stand here and listen… just come to my house tonight. We’ll discuss whatever you want then.” JC smiled, passing his tongue over his lips quickly.

 

                There was something about him that was unlike anyone she had ever met in her life. A beautiful charm on the outside, but something different lurked on the inside. Possibly a vague inkling of who he really was could be seen in his eyes. He hid who he was from everyone around him, a faint glimmer of pain, betrayal, anger, but an undeniable need to be loved and desired.

 

                No wonder he could never stay out of the lime light for long.

 

                “Um… alright.” She replied wearily.

 

                All she could think about was that maybe Justin had been right all along. Could it be possible that JC was going to invite her over and then kill her because he didn’t want the truth of his involvement in Justin’s criminal acts to come out?

 

                Oh God.

 

                “How about 9ish?”

 

                “9 is good…yeah… I’ll be there… at your house….at 9.” She stumbled, causing him to look at her oddly.  So maybe she was making herself look like a complete ass, but Paige just couldn’t calm down. Not only was this man hot, he was stunning and asking her to his house.

 

                Looking at JC was almost like looking at Justin. There was a corrupted innocence that stared back at her; an image of a childhood that ended too quickly. Paige just wanted to embrace them both and run away at the same time.

 

                “Well…. Oookay then.” JC shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t be late. Oh… and bring a friend if you like. I think it’d be more fun that way.”

 

                “A friend?” Paige felt like she was starting to sound like a parrot.

 

                “Yeah… just make sure she’s a looker like you.”

 

                Stunned, Paige turned to look at JC who had already begun walking away. She couldn’t fathom what the man was talking about and why he wanted her to bring a friend. Confusion was all that she could feel at a moment like this.

 

                Should she stay or should she go? Would it bring about her demise? Maybe. There was only one person that could protect her. Lorena Velez. Calling Lorena would be the only way to get the truth and to save herself at the same time. In the meantime, she had to talk to Justin.

 

**

 

                It was the first time she saw Justin outside of his cell. Paige had stepped out of her freshly parked car, when she saw Justin walking around the prison yard. His hands were at his sides as he attempted to ignore the taunts from his other prison mates.

 

                “Can I cum a river on you pretty boy? Right on your rich little face?” One large man yelled, blowing a kiss towards Justin. The man sat with a group of friends and all hollered in laughter. It was a part of Justin’s daily life, dealing with the harassments and torments; it was almost his punishment for living such a cold and cruel life. For being so completely self absorbed, he lived a life where everyone was obsessed with him and his downfall.

 

                “What you think your too good for us, bitch?!”

 

                “HEY! Settle down or your free time will be cut short!” One of the guards screamed, instantly ending the situation.

 

                Paige stood by her car, watching the entire event unfold. She felt a mix of emotions for him, he had her sympathy but she could never actually understand what it was like to be the laughing stock of the world. She pitied him, she wanted to hug him and take away the pain… but was it his deserved punishment? Was it the curse that he had to endure for selling his soul?

 

                Before she even knew it, her feet were moving her towards the gate and she was peering at the constant melancholy demeanor of Justin Randall Timberlake. He stared down at his feet, shuffling along the yard. It was obvious that he was trying hard to ignore the taunts. Not being able to defend himself was definitely taking a toll on the little bit of sanity that he had left.

 

                “Paige?”

 

                Justin was face to face with Paige, she could feel his hot breath on her neck, tantalizing her senses and driving her almost to the brink. Everything she thought she knew or thought she felt was erased when she met Justin. Her supposed “love” for Ryan was put into question; this wasn’t the plan, Ryan was supposed to be a safe choice for her, not the destruction of her white picket fence fantasy.

 

                She wouldn’t throw that dream away. Not for anyone. As stupid as it sounded, Paige just wanted a security blanket for a husband, a companion that she didn’t ever have to feel any real love for.  

 

                “Oh… h-hey Justin...” A strand of loose hair that fell just over one of her blue-green eyes was quickly pushed behind her ear. Her entire persona screamed nervousness. It was steadily becoming her normal behavior around Justin. He just seemed to see right through her; with one gaze he saw her entire world and how slowly he was becoming the center of it.

 

                “I didn’t expect to see you today…”

 

                The shallow gate that separated them felt like it was two miles wide. Paige wanted so badly to reach out and touch him, to believe every word he said and prove his innocence. Definitely easier said than done.

 

                “Yeah well, I kind of have an interview with JC tonight and I’m afraid to go in blind sighted.” Paige said softly.  Justin gazed at the face that was most likely the envy of every girl she had ever met. She was delicate and beautiful; almost like a living porcelain doll. Purity, Grace, Elegance, that was everything and more that described Paige Harper, the girl that he was falling for but could never have.

 

                “You shouldn’t go… he’s dangerous…”

 

                “HEY! No speaking to the prisoners, young lady!”

 

                Paige wanted to scream, just about when Justin was finally going to open up to her there had to be an interruption. It wasn’t fair. She just wanted to know the truth.

 

                “I’m interviewing him… I need to speak to him, it’s urgent.”

               

                “Speaking to the prisoners should happen inside the facility in a controlled area. Do you realize how dangerous this man is, Miss?”

 

                Oh how true those words were. Being around Justin was dangerous for not only Paige’s physical well being but also for her heart. There was something about Justin; maybe it was how dangerous he was or how broken he was, but it made Paige’s heart break. Both he and JC were so tragically similar; the two could of helped each other if they both weren’t so incredibly lost.

 

                There was nothing else to blame but the fame. The lime light was both a blessing and a curse, it gave them money and the attention they craved, but it never lasted and eventually turned cruel. The rumors started, the lack of privacy and then finally silence. A bittersweet silence, the kind you either crave or despise.

 

                For JC it was despised and for Justin it was craved. Both with good reason.

 

                “I need to speak with Mr. Timberlake right now. Please let me in so I can talk with him. This is a very serious matter.”

 

                “Ma’am, visiting hours are not going on right now, you are going to have to leave or we will have to physically remove you from the grounds.”

 

                Paige’s eyes quickly fluttered back and forth from Justin to the giant guard who intently glared at Paige. She knew that if she even tried to fight back that she would be immediately taken down. It upset her so much, she just wanted to help and it seemed that everyone was against that simple prospect. It was almost like Justin was right; intentionally or not, everyone seemed to be against him in one way or another.

 

                “I’m sorry, Justin…I’ll be back tomorrow and I’ll tell you how it goes?” Paige tried to be hopeful and positive, even though her new dilemma with JC was slowly getting to her. Every possibility was playing out through her mind and slowly driving her crazy with both fear and anticipation to get it all over with fast.

 

                “Alright… but please… don’t give too much away.” Justin said sadly; his blue eyes clouded over in a way Paige had never seen before. There was honesty in his words; it made her question if it was there all along. “Don’t go alone… he’s worse than I am.”

 

                “I won-“

 

                “You need to leave now. You’ve said your goodbyes now get off the premises.”

 

                A sad smile was exchanged between the two. It was just more proof that it was better to lo- well have feelings and wonder about what could have been, then not do so at all. Turning around, the brunette knew she had to leave or she’d be in trouble, staring at Justin was almost addictive, as much as she hated to admit it.

 

                His pain was addictive, it added to his appeal, it made her want to know more of him. It made him attainable, so to speak; even though it was impossible to ever even be with him, it was just a nice dream. Someone who could understand her instead of just patronizing her. A real love.

 

                Atleast she could dream.

 

               

                **

 

                “So you’re going to go visit some has been boybander tonight? Why does that have to include me?” Lorena huffed, slamming the door shut to her charcoal gray Acura TL. Paige had pretty much begged her to accompany her in seeing JC.

 

                It could have been JC requesting someone else there, or most likely her absolute terror due to everything Justin had told her. Either way, Paige knew she’d be protected with an armed police officer at her side, even if it did cost her some money.

 

                “This guy is crazy as hell. I’m definitely not going into that house alone. Plus, you’re a cop so you could take him down if necessary.”

 

                Standing outside JC’s Hollywood Hills Mansion, the two women stared at the gorgeous home. Both girls were terrified; would JC actually be as crazy as Justin claimed? Would he try to kill them for trying to uncover the truth.

 

                “Thanks so much for including me on this…I totally appreciate it.” Lorena stated sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

 

                “Ugh… don’t worry, you won’t be complaining when you get your money…” Taking a deep breath, Paige braised herself for the worst. She hoped that thinking of all the horrible scenarios would keep her from being surprised. She hated to be surprised. Paige just always needed to know what was going to happen; suspense just wasn’t for her. “Alright… let’s get this over with.”

 

                Paige was the first to move, knowing that if she didn’t, she would blow this entire opportunity. If only things were as simple as we’d like them to be.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc justin college lance