Lance and I decided that the wedding would be in six months. We had told the guys and my closest friends, but we were still figuring out how to tell our families. My friends were as shocked as the guys were. Jc asked Lita to be his steady girlfriend. We thought it was adorable that he thought to ask. Amelita was going to be my maid of honor, and I was figuring out who would be the bridesmaids. I asked Pembroke and Remi, but Pembroke had to turn it down because she had to be in Maine for work when we were going to have the ceremony, so I decided to place a call in to Tabitha and see if she would do it.
   
“Lance, have you decided on the best man yet?” I asked him one night in bed. He was moving in the next day. He was having troubles deciding who should be his best man, but he was down to either Joey or Jc.
   
“Not yet. I have some time though, don’t I?” he asked. He was right, he did have time, but I urged him again to keep thinking about it. Tabitha had agreed to be a bridesmaid, and it would be nice to have everyone in the wedding figured out.

*      *     *
   
“Jadene, I think you should see a doctor about this. It’s been going on for more than a month.” Lance said as he sat down next to me, having just found me with my head stuck halfway down the toilet again. I pull up my head just enough to see him.
   
“Fu-” I manage to say before I started retching again. I felt his hand on my back, rubbing circles onto it. I managed to look up a bit this round and Lance pulled my hair back from my face and redid my loose ponytail. I looked over at him, still shaking and feeling weak.
   
“You’re not suggesting what I think you’re suggesting, are you?” I asked, looking into his worried green eyes. He just searched my eyes with his.
   
“Yes, I am.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance