“We have your results now, Jadene. You are pregnant. About 5 weeks, so your due date is in approximately eight months. Here’s a few leaflets about what to expect, and I’ll see you next month.” The doctor handed me a pile of papers and left the room, leaving me to stare at the door, open-mouthed. I slowly got off the papered bed and walked out of the office to the receptionist’s desk.
   
After I had made an appointment for the following month, I turned to find Lance in the waiting room. He was leafing through a magazine, trying not to look overly embarrassed while also trying to blend in. I walked up to him and motioned that we could leave. We got out into his car before he turned to me.
   
“Well?”
   
“We have about eight months to get ready.” I said, facing him, but still not really looking at him. I saw him take a deep breath. He drove home, while I stared out the window, not really seeing the passing scenery.
   
“Amelita? Are you home? I called out. Lance had dropped me off, and told me that he would be back, that he wanted to go for a drive.
   
“Yes, We’re in the backyard!” she called out. I walked out to find her and Jc by the pool. She took one look at me and came running over to me and gave me a huge hug.
   
“What’s wrong?” she asked me. I shook my head as tears welled up in my eyes. She held me out at an arm’s length and tried to read my eyes. Suddenly she wrapped me back into a hug and I heard her murmer in my ear.
   
“It’ll work out, T. I know it will. You and Lance are meant for each other.” I looked at her as she pulled away.
   
“But a baby, Lita? How could we have let it happen?” I said.
   
“Baby?” Jc said. I hadn’t noticed that he had come up behind Lita and was standing there, watching us. He had a worried look on his face. I nodded and he then came over and wrapped me in a hug.
   
“Then I should congratulate you and Jimmy, shouldn’t I?” I shrugged.
   
“And where is he?” Lita asked. I shrugged again. Jc looked me over, then put his hands on my shoulders.
   
“Look, Jadene. I know we haven’t known each other very long, but I feel I have to tell you this. I have known Jimmy for years. And I’ve never seen him as happy as he’s been since he met you. I know him, and I know you well enough to know that this wasn’t planned, but yet, it’s happening. It’s going to be a wild ride, and it would be even if you weren’t pregnant. I  know Jimmy, and after this initial shock wears off, he’ll come up with a plan to make this work. He always does.”
   
While Jc was making his little speech, I thought about it. It was true. Lance, though we both suspected this, was in as much shock as I was at the moment, but he would come up with a plan that would make this work in the long run. When Jc had finished, I looked into his caring blue eyes.
   
“Thank you.” I whispered. He just smiled at me and hugged me again. Lita was looking at him with awe written all over her face.
   
“If you ever need to talk, you can always come to me.” Jc whispered before pulling away. I nodded as he pulled away. I smiled at them and then went into the house to await my fiancée. We had some figuring to do.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance