As it turned out, the dinner that Jc had planned got postponed. In all the confusion of everyone moving in, and with his job, he caught the flu. So on the night he wanted to do it, he was lying on the couch in the living room while everyone fed him soup and crackers. Lita sat with him most of the week, reading a novel to him. We don’t know if it was because the book was boring or if the sound of her voice did it, but Jc slept most of the time. I tried to keep my distance from him, not wanting to get sick myself, with the baby and all, so I made a huge pot of soup for him.
   
I had my two month check up, and everything was going smoothly. Tabitha had moved in, and now knew about the baby. She was shocked at first, but excitement was starting to take over.
   
The big night came again, now that Jc was better. Lance and I talked everyone into a night of bowling, maybe even a movie too. Once dinner was made for Jc and Lita, everyone else left, and we had a ball bowling. We kidded each other, and made funny names for the score board. After a game or two, we headed to an ice-cream place and had dessert. In the midst of Chris and Joey making cracks about the women that had just walked in, Lance’s pager went off. He looked down at the number, then up at me and smiled. I leaned over to him.
   
“Did he say what she answered?” I asked, quiet enough that nobody else heard, which wasn’t hard as they were all laughing at Joey’s last joke. Lance nodded. I searched his eyes and found the answer there. I smiled and watched the other guys and waited until they were done to say that I was tired.
   
“DUDE! A club! I want to go clubbing!” Joey whined from the backseat of Lance’s car.
   
“And for the last time, Joe. I’m tired. After we get home and congratulate Jc and Lita, you can go clubbing. I want to go to bed.” I said from my seat next to Lance. Lance threw a glance at me and smirked.
   
As soon as we arrived home, I practically threw myself into the house.
   
“Lita! Jc! We’re home!” I called out. Lita’s answer came from the living room. I found on the couch, cuddling. The smile on Lita’s face couldn’t be wider, and Jc looked content and relived. Lita finally noticed me, and jumped up and hugged me, tears coming down her face as she pulled back and showed me her left hand. On it is a diamond in the shape of a star, on a thin silver band. I smiled and looked over at Jc.
   
“That’s an awesome ring.” I said to both of them. As everyone else streamed in, they all looked at Lita’s new ring, and then Joey talked Chris, Remi and Tabitha into clubbing, and as they left, Lance and I headed to bed.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance