Lance called me in sick the next morning, and by the time I ventured downstairs, my parents had left. In fact, I was the only one home. The guys had an interview that morning, and a CD signing that afternoon. I sighed as I poured myself some cereal. Just as I was about to take the first bite, the phone rang. I decided to let the machine get it, but I jumped up and ran to the machine when I heard the message. It was Johnny, the guy’s manager, saying that they were nominated for some award, and I was just so happy about it that I let out a long scream and grabbed the phone and called Lance. I got his voicemail and left him a message to call me back, and then went to finish my breakfast. Lance called back about a half hour later, and I told him the news. He told the others about it, and I heard them talking about it. I smiled as Lance told me how much he loved me, and we hung up.
   
After I took a shower, I curled up on the couch and started looking through a baby name book, and then watched some movie that was on TV. I could have, and probably should have been doing some household chores, but I wasn’t in the mood for it. Late in the afternoon, a thought struck me. I knew that I would have to talk to Lance about us. I got up from my nest and made dinner as everyone started to come home. When dinner was ready, I pulled Lance aside and took him outside with our dinners.
   
“What are we going to do about us?” I asked when we were about halfway done.
   
“What do you mean?” he said, his mouth still half full.
   
“Well, it’s been easy so far, to keep quiet about us, as I haven’t been anywhere important with you guys. But going to this award show, well, people aren’t stupid. They’re going to figure something out.” I said, pushing my food around on the plate with my fork. Lance finished his mouthful and looked at me.
   
“So we’ll go public then. No biggie.” he said. I stared at him, my mouth agape. He’s so awesome. He didn’t care what people thought of him, of me, of us. He simplified everything.
   
By the end of the night, it seemed as everyone was going to the award show. Everyone that is, except Pembroke.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance