“..and then he kissed me…” I stopped as my sobs came back. Lance rubbed my back. Once I could, I continued.
   
“Then he told me that he loved me.” I heard Lance suck in a breath. I look up at him though my tears.
   
“What are we going to do about it?” I ask him. Lance just stared off into the distance and shook his head. We were just sitting there, trying to figure out what to do, when there was a loud noise from down the hall. Lance jumped up and looked out the doorway. When he took off running towards the direction of Justin’s bedroom, I got up and followed.
   
The door to Justin’s room was closed, but you could still hear what was going on inside it.
   
“YOU KISSED HER!! YOU KISSED MY BEST FRIEND!!” We heard Pembroke’s voice yelling, then the sound of something hitting the wall.
   
“WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, YOU CONTROLLING SON OF A BIOCTH?” Justin yelled back. I looked at Lance, wide eyed. That was not something you would yell at Pembroke and get away with. I cringed as the sound of breaking glass came through the door.
   
Lance reached out to knock on the door, when it was pulled open. Pembroke pushed past us, and everyone else that had arrived behind us. Lance looked at me, then went in to see if Justin was alright, while I went after Pembroke.
   
I found Pembroke out front, in her car, but she wasn’t going anywhere. She was sitting in the driver’s seat and was crying. I rapped on the window, and she looked up and saw that it was me, and flipped me the finger. I started pleading with her when Tabitha and Amelita showed up behind me.
   
“Let me try.” Tabitha whispered into my ear. Lita took my arm and lead me back into the house and sat me down at the kitchen table and made me some tea.
   
“What happened there?” she asked quietly. I took a sip of the tea and explained what had happened, and when I finished with what I knew, Lita sat in a stunned silence.
   
“Well, I guess something had to give.” she said. I shrugged. Tabitha came in with Pembroke in tow. She sat down with us.
   
“Sorry.” she said. I looked at her.
   
“For what?”
   
“I was just walking by, and I heard you and Lance talking. When you said Justin’s name, I stopped and listened, I knew I shouldn’t have, but I did.”
   
I smiled at her.
   
“It’s alright. We wouldn’t have told you that way, but we probably would have told you.” Pembroke looked at me with tears in her eyes.
   
“You are the best friend I could ask for. Thank you. I’ll make this situation easier. I’m going to move out.”
   
“You don’t have to.”
   
“It’s for the best. I’ll move out as soon as I can. Thanks for letting me live here, it’s been really fun.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance