“So, Jadene. How did you meet Lance?” Johnny asked. We were on the plane, heading to the award show. He was sitting next to me, in the window seat. On my other side, Lance was sleeping.
   
“Well, we just kinda bumped into each other at a drugstore. We complimented each other, and exchanged email addresses. We talked online, then we had a big dinner for everyone to meet everyone, and we just kind of realized that we were meant to be, and here we are now.” I placed my hand on my abdomen.
   
“Though this wasn’t in the plans. I would have liked to have waited a few more years before we had children, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be that way.” I sighed and looked at my sleeping fiancée.
   
“How far along are you?” Johnny asked. I turned back at him.
   
“I’m due in November, about three months from now.” I said. Johnny quickly did the math in his head.
   
“So you’re about five months?”
   
“Actually closer to six.”
   
Johnny and I chatted a bit longer until I too got sleepy and decided to take a nap. I got a pillow and started to doze off when I felt a funny thing in my abdomen. Like a little concentrated push. I woke right back up and thought for a moment. I felt it again. It suddenly hit me what I was feeling. I was feeling the baby kick. I nudged Lance, and he woke up to look at me.
   
“The baby is kicking.” I whispered to him. It took him a moment to realize what I was saying.
   
“You can feel it?” he whispered back. I nodded. He smiled and kissed my cheek.
   
“I love you.”
   
“I love you too.” At that moment, Lita turned around from in front of us.
   
“What’s up?”
   
“The baby kicked.”
   
“No way. Really?” I nodded. Now Joey was listening to us.
   
“Why don’t you kick it back?”
   
“Ha. Ha. Very funny Fatone.” I said.
   
The flight was uneventful from then and I was glad to go out in the sunshine of LA when we landed. We checked into our hotel room and I stretched out on the bed and took a nap.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance