“*N Sync!” she said. Lita let out a little scream as “It‘s Gonna Be Me” started playing. The guys stood up, and I stood up too. I wanted to get onstage and see Esther. We headed up to the stage, and Chris took the award as Jc thanked everyone for the group. I hugged Esther and whispered who I was into her ear.
   
“Oh my gosh! Jadene! How have you been?” I showed her my left hand and pointed to Lance. She whispered congratulations and I hugged her again as Lance started talking.
   
“I also want to thank my beautiful angel,” he turned and gestured me up to him. I walked up and stood next to him.
   
“This woman here has given a new meaning to my life, and I can’t wait for our wedding.” he said. I smiled at him and saw the other guys exchange glances to each other behind Lance’s back. We headed back stage, where Lita, Remi and Tabitha met us. Esther hugged each one of us, and we talked about everything we’d been up to since we graduated. I excused myself to go to the restroom. When I got back. I was telling Esther about the wedding, and was about to invite her when I slumped forward. Lance caught me, and lowered me gently to the floor, calling my name softly. Everyone was screaming, and there was a lot of running going on around us, but the sounds were fading. All I could think of, through my memories that were projecting themselves on my eyelids like a movie was the pain. I concentrated on the sound of Lance’s voice and forced myself to open my eyes. I focused them the best I could on Lance’s face to see the look of pure terror on his face, and the tears in his eyes. Even with all my strength, his face was sliding slowly out of focus.
   
“Sing me my song.” I managed to say. Lance started to shake his head, but started singing “Please Don’t Go” softly. I slowly closed my eyes. Lance stopped singing.
   
“I love you.” I heard him say.
   
“I love you too. I’ll never stop.” I said, then the world went black.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance