Author's Chapter Notes:

Lance's Point of View.

 

If you leave me
You let a good thing fall apart
If you deceive me
You leave a pain inside my heart
I really need you
Just like the air I need to breathe
I'll stand beside you I'll never leave

Lance looked over at the other side of the altar. The all too familiar pull of his heart, and the tears came back to his eyes, clouding up his vision. He forced himself to look back at the minister. True, Amelita looked like an angelic vision in her white dress, but his eyes kept straying to the figure next to her in the deep red dress. Remi looked very nice in the dress, but Lance couldn't help but wonder how Jadene would have looked in it. Jc nudged him, and he snapped out of his thoughts and handed him the rings. He tried to focus on the ceremony, but it was hard. How could five months have passed already? He was supposed to be wearing a ring on his left hand, just like the one Amelita was placing on Jc's. How could it be five days before Christmas already? This was supposed to be his first Christmas as a husband and father. And yet, as he thought about it, the last five months have been the longest of his life. Five months since everything he had to be joyful about was taken from him. What had started out to be the best year of his life had quickly become the worst. He blinked back the tears, smiling as he tried to imagine Jadene’s face smiling up at him from the bed, where she had just awoken from a nap. The vision of his mind did him in, and he let a tear fall down his cheek, and fall onto his suit. He forced a smile as Amelita and Jc kissed and then went down the aisle.

Please don't go
Please don't go
You're the only angel I know
You were sent from heaven above
To love me forever

"I love you too. I'll never stop."

Jadene went limp in his arms. Lance stared down at her, and started calling her name, shaking her lightly, praying all the while that she would wake up, that this was all a nightmare. The noise of the room returned to his ears, full volume. A paramedic appeared at his side, and he stood back to let them work on her. Someone put their hand on his shoulder, and he turned to see Jc standing there, fear written into his features. Beside him, Amelita was crying, and all around him were the guys and Jadene's closest friends, all looking as bad as he felt. He looked heavenwards and prayed once more, that if they couldn't save Jadene, that at least God would spare their child. Sometime later, after they had gotten to the hospital where an emergency C-section was performed, someone came out to find him. They told him that he had a daughter, but she was so small, they didn't expect her to live very long. They led Lance to the neonatal ICU and suited him up and took him to see his daughter. She was so small, but she was so beautiful. Even though she was born three months early, Lance could see the resemlence she had to her mother. The mother she would never know. The nurse let Lance put this hand into the plastic crib through the plastic gloves on the side. She felt really soft, like a baby should be. Tears welled up in Lance's eyes again, and he left the ICU and sat down. They let him in to see her a few minutes every hour, until the end, and he stood there, stroking her as she went to meet her mother. Lance cried harder as he left the ICU and walked into Amelita and Jc. They tried to comfort him through their pain, saying that it was God's mercy that this all happened. Lance nodded, not really listening, and went to make calls for the final arrangements for them. On what would have been his wedding day, Lance instead watched as they lowered his would be wife and his daugher Mercy into the ground.

Please don't go
Please don't go
I don’t want to be all alone
Say you’re mine and give me tonight
Let's stay together

Lance forced another smile as Lita and Jc left the reception for their honeymoon. He started towards his car when he realized that someone had taken his keys. He sighed and headed back into the loud party, only to bump into Joey, who was standing at the door, holding his keys. Joey led him out to his car, and drove Lance home, trying all the way to get him to talk, until Lance told him to shut up. Once home, Lance stumbled his way around the bedroom he once shared with Jadene, and fell onto the bed, face first, and fell asleep, not wanting to think. If only the thoughts would just go away. But there they were, everytime he closed his eyes, he relived the past year. And it always ended the same, with the stipping of everything he cared for in life, in the space of a few hours. How could he have been that happy? It seemed impossible that he could have been anything but as miserable as he was now.

If you leave me
You're gonna spoil a dream we shared
If you leave me
I'm gonna miss the way you care
I will try harder
I'll make you fall in love again
And I'll be faithful until the end

Lance stumbled out of his car and towards two mounds in the snow. He brushed off the newly fallen snow, and read the headstone again. It seemed so wrong. That should have been the same last name as his on it, and the dates were too close together. He turned to the other and did the same. That one only had one date on it. It seemed much more wrong that his daughter only lived a few short hours, but then again, the murder of the love of his life was wrong too. He knelt between the two stones, and facing Jadene, started to sing the song she had chosen for them to dance to at their wedding.

"Please don't go, please don't go, you're the only angel I know..." he sang softly. The weird thing of it all was how true the words had become in the last five months. The tears started anew, and he didn't even try to stop them as they fell down his face and fell into the snow. He slowly turned around and lie back in the snow and stared up at the sky. Nothing mattered to him anymore. Not his friends, though they were trying to be as comforting as they possibly could, not the music, nothing. It might have been a comfort that the police caught the person that ruined his life forever, but they hadn't. It had been pandemonium backstage at that award show, and the guilty party had slipped away in the chaos. The sky darkened, and Lance closed his eyes, wondering what the last thing was in Jadene's mind before she slipped away from him forever.


Fin.
Chapter End Notes:

"Please Don't Go" is by No Mercy, and I do not own it, just used it as inspiration.

Any and all *N Sync songs mentioned I do not own, just borrowed the names of for this fiction.

 

Please, let me know what you think by leaving me a review. Thanks!


Completed
Dawn Dustings is the author of 24 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked I'll Never Stop also liked 0 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance