I stood there, in amazement, in the doorway between the kitchen and dining room. There was my table, set for nine, but no lights were on, the table had nine taper candles, one in front of each plate. There were also name places and a bouquet of red roses in the center, with a LOT of different colors of rose petals all over the rest of the table.
   
“Oh my gosh! Lance you did this? It’s so beautiful I don’t want to eat in here!” I’m finally able to say. Lance smiled.

“Tonight’s special. You’ll see what I mean later.”
   
“DINNER!” I call out to the living room.
   
“Oh my! Jadene! This is beautiful!” Amelita says.
   
“Did you do this?” Jc asks, walking in right behind Lita. I shook my head no.
   
“Lance did it, actually.” I say, looking for my place at the table. I pull out my chair and find a bag of Whoppers on the seat. Lance sat down next to me.
   
“You remembered!” I whispered to him as I sat down, moving the Whoppers to the floor next to my feet. Amelita sits on my other side, Jc on her other side. Then it’s Pembroke Justin, Chris, Remi and Joey.
   
We had salad, then went on to the main course- Chicken Parmesan with marinara sauce. Dessert was a couple of pies that I picked up at a local bakery. When dinner was finished, everyone went to the living room to watch a movie. Lance stayed back and helped me rinse the dishes off and then took me outside. He sat down in a lawn chair and patted his knee, inviting me to sit with him. I sat down in his lap and leaned back so that my head was right next to his. He wrapped his arms around me. We lied there, watching the sky darken bit by bit. The stars slowly came out. It was a perfect moment, suspended in time. I had never dreamt that I would feel this way about a guy I just met as I was feeling for Lance at the moment.
   
“Lance?”
   
“Yes?”
   
“I have never felt this way about someone I had just met.”
   
“Same here.” he says. We turn our heads to face each other. Lance looked into my eyes, then started leaning towards me. When we finished the kiss, we turned back to watching the stars come out.
   
After awhile, Lita sticks her head out of our back door.
   
“The guys want to leave and I’m tired,” she announces.
   
“I guess I better go.” Lance says, starting to get up.
   
“Bye then.” I say, kissing him before letting him up.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance