The following morning, Saturday, I took a shower. My cell was ringing as I got out.
   
“Hello?” I asked, wrapping a towel around myself, trying to not get the phone wet.
   
“Hey baby. Would you care to spend the day with me? Just the two of us.” Lance’s voice says from the phone.
   
“Sure. I have the day off. Let me tell Lita we‘ll be together. What time will you be coming over?”
   
“How about now?”
   
“Cool. Let me get ready then. See you in a few minutes.” I said and we hung up. I turn to my dresser and call out to Lita.
   
“Lita! I’m going out today with Lance!” I call over my shoulder.
   
“I know.” a deep southern voice answers from my doorway. I turn around to find Lance standing there.
   
“Lance! You scared me!” I exclaim as I dive back into bed, suddenly feeling naked.
   
“Sorry.” he said sheepishly.
   
“How about you go back downstairs and I’ll be down there in a few minutes?” I suggested, glad I had put my robe on while I was on the phone. Just then, Lita walks in.
   
“So I take it last night you guys just clicked?” she asks.
   
“Actually, no, it was when I bumped into him in the candy aisle. We’re spending today together.”
   
“That’s cool. Jc and I clicked, he’s spending the day here. I don’t know about Pembroke and Remi though. They left pretty early.” We walk out of my room and downstairs to find that Jc had arrived. The two guys were standing in the living room, talking when we entered.
   
“Ready?” Lance asked when they noticed us standing there. I nodded and grabbed my purse.
   
“So where to first?” I ask him as he starts his car.
   
“I have something I need go get at Wal-Mart. You don’t mind going there, do you?” I shook my head no. He pulls into a parking spot and we got out. I browse the clothing while he heads back to what looked like electronics. I found this one dress that I absolutely loved, and was daydreaming about what I would wear it to when Lance found me.
   
“Find something?” he asked in my ear. I jumped.
   
“You scared me!” I said. Lance held back a laugh.
   
“Sorry. So what do you have there?” he asked. I showed him the dress.
   
“So go try it on,” he said.
   
“Oh I couldn’t.”
   
“Why not?” he asked. It was a good question. Whatever hurt trying on a dress? I sighed and went to the dressing rooms. I went in and tried it on. It fit like a dream. I took it back off and changed back into my clothes.
   
“Well?” Lance asked. I smiled.
   
“Perfect.” I said. Lance looked at his watch. He dug into his pocket and handed me his keys.
   
“Why don’t you go get in my car and I’ll meet you there in a moment? I need to get something else.” he said. I took the keys and headed out to the car and got in. I put the keys in the ignition and the radio came on. I liked the song that came on and it wasn’t long before I was singing along to it. I had the window down, and it was a moment before I saw Lance coming out of the store. He had a bag of something, and he tossed it into the trunk. He climbed in and looked at me.
   
“Mall alright? We could do lunch and a movie.” he suggested. I nodded my head and we headed to the mall. On the way, he changed the radio station and started to sing along. I couldn’t help but stare at him.
   
“What?” he asked, noticing that I was staring at him.
   
“You have such an amazing voice. I love it.” I said. He blushed.
   
“Thanks.” he said. We rode along in silence until one of my favorite songs came on. I started singing along softly to it, and Lance joined in. Our voices blended perfectly together. We stopped singing and looked at each other.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance