“Wow.” Lance said. I was still in a bit of shock. I was saved by my phone ringing.
   
“Hello?”
   
“Hey you. What are you up to tonight? Jc wants the two of us have dinner alone.” Lita says into my ear.
   
“Hold on a sec.,” I covered up the mouthpiece and looked at Lance. “Lita and JC are going to have a dinner at home alone, is that alright with you?” Lance smiled.
   
“Of course. I know what we could do.” he said. I turned back to my phone.
   
“Lance says he has plans for us. I’ll see you later tonight then, Sis.” I said and hung up. I looked back at Lance.
   
“So what can we do all evening?” I asked.
   
“I want to surprise you. If I told you, it wouldn’t be a surprise, now would it?”
   
“No.” I said as he pulled into a parking space. We got out and had lunch. Then we wandered around for a while, going into a store here and there. We tried on shoes in a shoe store, we browsed the books in the bookstore. We went and picked the movie The Wedding Planner, since it sounded funny and we wanted to laugh since we were already doing a lot of that already.
   
The movie was good, and then we headed out of the mall, ready for whatever Lance had planned. He stopped and got gas, then he headed to his house to drop off the stuff. When we got there, he pulled a blindfold out from a bag in the backseat.
   
“I hate to do this, but I have to. If you see what I’m going to bring out, it’ll ruin the surprise,” he said. He leaned over to tie the blindfold around my eyes.
   
“Why do you hate to do this?” I asked, sensing how near he was to me.
   
“Because now I can’t see your beautiful eyes. Now how many fingers am I holding up?”
   
“Black?” I asked, and was rewarded with a laugh and a kiss on the cheek.
   
“I’ll be right back.” he said. I heard him open the door and get out. Then I heard the backdoor open and him remove the bags. Then the door closed and it was quiet for a while. Then I heard the trunk being opened and closed. Then the driver’s door opened and I felt Lance climb in.
   
“Hey.” He said as he started the car.
   
“Hey.” I said back. We rode in silence, with the exception of Lance humming a tune here and there as he drove. Finally he parked the car and told me to wait there. He got out and I heard the trunk open again and he pulled some things out. He dropped something at one point, I heard him swear under his breath. Then the trunk closed and it was quiet for a few minutes and then my door opened.
   
“Ready, m’lady?” he asked. I giggled as he took my hand.
   
“It’d be nicer if you take your shoes off here.” he said.
   
“Why?”
   
“Just do it. Trust me, you’ll like it.”
   
I took my shoes off, and he lead me across a parking lot, walking behind me with both sets of fingers intertwined with mine. We reached the edge of the parking lot, and after a few steps of grass, my feet sunk into sand. I took in a breath.
   
“We’re at the beach?” I asked.
   
“Yeah. Few more steps and you can take the blindfold off.” He said. We walked about half a dozen more steps and stopped. Lance untied the blindfold and took it off. On the sand was a giant blanket with a picnic basket.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance