I turned and looked at Lance.
   
“It’s lovely. Thank you.” I said, giving him a peck on the cheek and sat down. Lance sat across from me.
   
“Before we eat, I just wanted to say something.” I looked into his handsome face.
   
“Ever since I met you, I’ve felt this connection thing, and when we’re apart, I feel like I’m going to go crazy. I know it’s so soon, but I think I’m falling in love with you.” he said quietly.
   
“It may sound crazy, but I feel the same way. I love you.” I said. Lance leaned across the blanket and gently kissed me.
   
“Go ahead and open the basket.” he said. I gave him a funny look but opened the basket. Inside was a piece of clothing. I lifted it up and let it fall open in my arms. It was the dress I had tried on at Wal-mart.
   
“Lance, you didn’t!” I said. I put the dress in my lap and looked at him. He was watching my face.
   
“You said that it was perfect. I thought that someone as perfect as you should have the perfect dress. That’s not all anyways.” he said, looking back at the basket. I looked in the basket and pulled out a pair of shoes that looked like they would go great with the dress. And they were in my size.
   
“They’re in my size! How?…”
   
“I paid attention when we were trying on shoes at the mall. When you weren’t looking, I found those and bought them.” Lance explained. I shook my head at how attentive he was of things.
   
Under the clothes was dinner. We sat on the blanket and ate as the sunset and then watched the stars come out over the water. When it started to get cold, we packed up and headed back to his car. He drove me home and saw that Jc was still there, cuddling with Lita on the couch watching a movie. I put my fingers to my lips and pulled Lance upstairs to my bedroom. Once there, I fell into bed and fell asleep immediately.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance