“So what are we doing today?” I asked Lance.
   
“Well, Jc told me that he planned on taking Amelita out, so how about we just hang around here? Is that alright with you?”
   
“Totally.”
   
We bummed around my house all morning and had a small lunch of sandwiches and settled in to watch a TV movie. I must have been tired, because I fell asleep during the movie and awoke to find Lance had left, but he left a note.

    Jadene,
        Sorry I wasn’t here to see you wake up. I had a few errands to run, I will be back around 4:30, I’ll make dinner tonight.
                            Lance

I looked at the clock. 4:15. I went upstairs to my bedroom and stretched out on the bed and read the book I had been working on.
   
“Hey baby.” Lance’s deep voice says from the doorway. I look up to see him standing there.
   
“Hey.” I said, closing my book.
   
“Dinner will be at 6. Dress will be dressy casual.” He said. I smiled.
   
“Alright. Need any help?”
   
“Nah. I’ll get it done.” He disappeared from the doorway. I went back to my book. At five thirty, I put my book down and got dressed in the dress and shoes he bought me. At six, I headed to the stairs and saw Lance standing at the foot, looking up at me and smiling. I smiled back at him as I descended down the stairs.
   
“You look beautiful. Like an angel.” he said.
   
“You clean up well yourself, Lance.” I said as he took my arm and handed me a single red rose. He lead me to the dining room.
   
When he opened the door, I couldn’t believe my eyes. He had transformed it. There were rose petals of every shade imaginable all over the place, a bouquet of what looked like 11 red roses in the center. There were two pink and two white taper candles  between the roses and the plates, one of each on either side.
   
Lance leads me to my seat and pulled it out for me. I put the rose in the vase and sat down. I put the napkin on my lap as Lance disappeared to the kitchen. He brought in the dinner, and we ate in a comfortable silence. Just before dessert, Lance broke the silence.
   
“I need to ask you something, but first let me say something. Jadene, I have fallen in love with you. I can’t believe how fast this has all happened, but I know that you’re the one I’m meant to be with. Will you marry me?”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance