“Will you marry me?” Lance repeated after he had gotten down on one knee next to me, looking into my eyes. I couldn’t speak, I was stunned. I looked into his beautiful green eyes.
   
“Yes.” I somehow manage to whisper. Lance breaks into a huge grin and gets a box out of his pocket and opens it. He pulls out a diamond solitaire ring and takes my left hand and puts it on my ring finger. He adjusts himself so that his face is even with mine and he kisses me.
   
“You just made my dream come true. I love you.” he whispered before he got up. He went into the kitchen and brought back a bottle of champagne and two glasses. He pops the champagne open and pours us each a glass and hands mine to me. I take it.
   
“To the future Mrs. Bass.” Lance said, clinking his glass with mine. We took a sip.
   
“To our union.” I said and we clinked glasses again. He looked at me over his glass.
   
“I feel a bit tired, do you?” he said as low as he possibly could. I grinned back.
   
“Yeah, you know, I do feel a bit tired.” I said. I stood up and grabbed the champagne bottle and headed for the stairs. I turned slightly and heard Lance following me. I headed up to my bedroom and put the champagne bottle on the nightstand and turned into Lance’s arms and kissed him.
   
The next thing I can remember was morning. I woke up with a bad headache and when I looked down, I saw that I was wearing a shirt and Lance was next to me, covered as far as I could tell, by only the blanket.
   
“OH MY GOD!” I said a bit loudly. Lance jumped awake.
   
“Whazz matter?” he asked sleepily.
   
“We slept together!” I said, jumping out of bed and grabbing some clothes. After I threw on my clothes I headed downstairs. Lita was in the kitchen.
   
“I called you off from work today. You looked like you needed it. How was your night?” she asked and I got some coffee.
   
“It was unbelievable.” I said. I sat down at the table and rubbed my face with my hands.
   
“Um, Jadene?” Lita asked.
   
“What?”
   
“Where did you get that ring?” I brought my hands down and looked at my ring.
   
“Lance.” I said. Lita looked at me closely.
   
“You’ve known him for what, four days? And he’s buying you jewelry like that already?”
   
“Lita, you can be so thick headed sometimes. Lance asked me to marry him last night and I said yes.”
   
“Wha?” she asked. I sighed.
   
“I’m engaged. You know, ready to get married?” I asked. I knew she understood me, it was just taking time to sink in. I just wasn’t in the mood to play around like this. I had a huge headache and I was still upset about what happened the night before. At that moment, Lance stumbled into the kitchen, shielding his eyes from the sunlight.
   
“Congrats.” Lita said, watching him pour himself some coffee. I knew then that she was happy for me, even though she was still shocked.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love angryj drunksex roommates breakupj boyfriendlance daddyl nsansync lance