"No. I'm tellin' you right now, stop calling me!" Justin yelled as he pressing his thumb hard against the touch screen of his cell phone before stuffing it into his pocket.
 
"Who was that?" Kyle asked.
 
"Bitch is playin' games on my phone now." Justin replied as he looked through his bag for a CD he had just purchased.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"What are we doing here again, Kerri?" Serena asked her friend as they walked through the parking lot.
 
Kerri was searching through her purse for her wallet. The last time she had seen it was back at the house when she took it out to find a business card. She prayed it was in there. She would hate to have to deal with Serena's attitude if she needed to borrow some money. "I need a new pair of headphones. Something screwy is going on with mine.”
 
Serena was too busy watching Kerri scrounging around in her purse to notice where she was walking until her shoulder came into contact with something hard. "Oh excuse me! I'm sorry." Serena apologized to the man walking past them in the parking lot.
 
"It's cool." he replied as he continued walking.
 
Serena continued to follow her friend towards the store when she suddenly stopped dead in her tracks and quickly turned around, watching the man walk away. Her brows furrowed as she watched him intently. Her eyes suddenly lit up as she turned, sprinting to catch up with her friend. "Kerri." she tugged on her friends arm. "That guy with the hoody on looked just like Justin Timberlake."
 
Kerri didn't turn around to see who she was talking about. She nonchalantly nodded and said, "That’s nice."
 
"How can you be so nonchalant, when the future father of my children just walked by?"
 
Kerri grinned at her friend as she went to open the door. “You’re stupid.”
 
Serena stood outside and looked over towards the two men still walking and then back over at her friend, "Ummm hello? He's been my obsession for the past 8 years!"
 
Kerri leaned her body outside the door and told her friend to go talk to him. But Serena wouldn't budge. Kerri leaned her head further outside and did her best impression of an excited fan and screamed "Justin!" across the parking lot. Serena whipped around to scold her friend, but Kerri had already disappeared inside.
 
The man turned his head around and looked back towards the woman standing in front of the store. He was looking right at her, but she couldn't move. She was frozen. Her heart started racing and she couldn't even think straight. The only thing she mustered up the courage to do was wave at him nervously. She turned to retreat inside, dying of embarrassment, when suddenly the door flung open and smacked her straight in the face. The man coming outside apologized, making sure she was okay. Serena's face turned five shades of red and she was too scared to even turn around to see if Justin noticed.
 
Serena found her friend in the back of the store browsing through the cd collection. "You are such a bitch!" she said as she pushed Kerri.
 
Kerri grinned, never looking up from the rack. "When's the wedding?" she asked.
 
Serena told Kerri what had happened after she conveniently disappeared and Kerri almost fell over laughing. Serena stood there with her hands folded across her chest as she listened to Kerri ask the store clerk about the headphones that she wanted. She stood there thinking about her encounter and wondered out loud what he was doing there.
 
"Isn't he from here?" Kerri asked.
 
"Yeah, but we aren't even in the city...His family must live close by." she said to herself.
 
"If you plan on trying to track him down, then take me back to your mom's house, cause I refuse." Kerri joked.
 
"Shut up." Serena defended. "I wouldn't do that. Plus you don't like him anyway."
 
Kerri was reading the back of a vinyl record case, when she responded and said, "I never said that. I like some of his music. But you know I don't get excited about shit like that."
 
"Exactly...You're not phased by anything. You are so blasé about everything! Vin Diesel could walk in here right now and you would just look up and shrug your shoulders at him before looking back down at a Jay-Z CD."
 
Whatever." Kerri said as she bumped her shoulder into Serena's. "Hey, let me borrow fifty dollars. I left my wallet at your mom's."
 
"Fifty dollars?!" Kerri asked loudly. "You gotta be fuckin' kidding me?!" she snapped grabbing the headphones from her friends hand and staring down at the price tag. Kerri took a deep breath, preparing herself for the chew out session that was soon to follow on the drive back.
 
~~~~
 
"What's that?" Kyle asked, looking out the door. Justin stood up shaking and fanning dirt and water away from a thin square object that he had in his hand.
 
He slid into the driver's seat and looked down, “Some Polaroid that was on the ground by the tire."
 
It was a picture of a young woman. She was looking away from the camera and was raising her hand to her face in embarrassment. From what he could see, it looked as though she wasn't wearing any clothes. She had her other hand up attempting to cover the lens as she slightly smiled. Justin grinned to himself at her expression. She was cute, he thought to himself. He stared down at the Polaroid, noting that the person who took the photo seemed to capture a million emotions in just one second. She was embarrassed, slightly annoyed, yet shy, flirtatious, and sexy at the same time.
 
He sat there with the door open still, one leg still hanging outside, debating whether or not he should put the Polaroid back down on the ground where he found it. But what if someone else came along and found it? He didn't want to just leave it there, out in the open, having her somehow exposed in some way. But it was just a photo, why did he care? It wasn't like she was somehow trapped in the picture. This wasn't an A-Ha video. But something inside, kept telling him to hold onto it.
 
"If you stare at it long enough maybe she will come to life for you, man." Kyle teased before looking down towards his phone.
 
Justin rolled his eyes and then took the picture and placed it in the car's overhead visor before Kyle noticed. "Yo, let's go knock a few balls around before we head back." Justin said before backing the car out of the space.
 
~~~~
 
"Yo, did you see a bunch of Polaroid’s sitting on the seat with my organizer?" Kerri asked Serena as they got out of the car.
 
"Yeah. I put them in the back inside your organizer, cause they fell out."
 
Kerri opened up the organizer and sorted through the photos. "You don't see one more anywhere?"
 
Serena looked under the seat. "Nope."
 
"There were five. One's missing."
 
Serena could see the look of worry on Kerri's face. "Is it important?" she asked before looking under the seat again.
 
"Not really. I just feel strange knowing it's sitting God knows where. David took them of me before..." Kerri paused and looked down.
 
"Oh...Well I would think you would be anxious to get rid of them."
 
"I am. I planned on burning them in your mom's fireplace later on. I was naked in a couple of em'."
 
"Yeah I noticed." Serena said as she gave a look of disgust. "I was trying not to go blind when I moved them out of the way." she joked trying to cheer up her friend.
 
"Shut the hell up!" Kerri yelled as they started up the walkway to the house.
 
~~~~~~~ Three Days Later ~~~~~~~~
 
It was Friday afternoon when Justin found himself immersed in wall to wall traffic. He let his head fall against the steering wheel as he gazed ahead at the endless line of cars in front of him. He grabbed his phone and dialed, placing it up to his ear and waiting for it to ring. "Hey, Ma. I'm runnin' a little late. There's wall to wall traffic out here...No I'm three exits away from you...I don't have time to change. Can you just grab me a shirt and make sure Kyle call's to let them know and that he's ready to go when I get there? I'll be there soon." Justin finished up his conversation and leaned back in his chair trying to relax.
 
He put his window down slightly to throw the wrapper of his gum out and heard a familiar song blaring outside. He looked towards the cars to his right, in the direction it was coming from and pressed the button on the door to lower the passenger window a little.
 
...And don’t it make you sad about it
You told me you loved me
Wwhy did you leave me all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me on the phone
 
Justin smiled as he noticed the girl in the little red Toyota next to him. She was visibly rockin' out to the song looking towards her friend who was sitting low in the passenger seat, covering her face in embarrassment. All the windows in the car were down and he could hear the volume rising as she blasted the song for the entire highway to hear. He was all too familiar with watching people as they listened to his songs...But this time was different. The female really seemed to be completely taken by the beat and lyrics...As if it personally meant something to her. Almost as if he had taken the words right from her lips. He watched and listened to her as she changed the lyrics around.

Boy I refuse
You must have me confused...with that other Biiittch!
Your bridges were burned
And now it’s your turn, To cry
Cry me a river, you fucker!
Go on and just
Cry me a river
Asshole go on and just
Cry me a river

The sounds of car horns brought Justin out of his gaze. He quickly moved up in traffic. The female looked towards his car, but could not really see him through the tinted glass. She looked familiar. Where had he seen her before? He inched his car forward in traffic trying to think. A few moments later his eyes lit up and he quickly reached up into the visor and grabbed the Polaroid he’d found earlier in the week. Could it actually be her? “It can’t be her” he said to himself.
 
He tried to get another glance to make sure, but she had already gotten into the far right lane to turn off at the exit. He shook his head and told himself he must have been seeing things. It couldn’t have possibly been her. How much of a coincidence would that have been if it were the same girl from the Polaroid?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers girlontop bathroomsex kitchensex blindfold soloj