"City Morgue. You stab em’. We slab em’." Kerri said as she answered her phone. She had been sitting up in bed most of the night typing away on her laptop.

"You’re sick.” The voice on the other end chuckled. “What you doin'?"

"Replying to these emails and finishing up some work so I won't have to worry about it on my big weekend off. What are you doin'?"

"Sitting here about to fling myself off the roof. All day I had to deal with flashes of light in my face and about a few hundred people yelling out my name or obscenities just to get me to look their way so they could snap another 100 pictures of me."

Kerri moved her shoulder up to steady the phone under her ear. "Ooooh...How bad that must be for you. People actually wanting to take your picture and actually wanting to hear what you have to say. What a terrible life Mr. Timberlake has." she mocked as she continued to type.

"Funny."

"No, I'm sorry. I just try to let you see it from someone else's perspective. Us commoners aren't up on your level."

Justin sucked in his teeth at her. "Kerri."

"I'm kidding! Calm down." she lightly laughed.

Justin went on to explain his day to her. "Today this man actually had the nerves to stand there and yell out to me that he had pictures of me having sex with my own mother...How sick is that?"

Kerri immediately stopped typing. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. I was just walking down the street minding my business. It was just crazy." he sighed as he turned over on the bed and looked up towards the ceiling.

"Have you ever tried averting your attention to something else? Tuning into one thing entirely that you can't hear or see anything else but that one thing?"

"What do you mean?" he questioned.

"You ever find yourself watching television and someone will walk up and tap you on your shoulder and say 'Did you not hear me talking to you?'"
 
"Yeah...I've done that a few times."

"That's what I'm talking about. You focus on something and tune everything else out of your head for the brief few minutes that you feel like you felt earlier today."

"I've tried everything. I doubt that will work."

Kerri leaned over and took a sip of water before replying. "Well, try it anyway. It can't hurt right?"

"True."

Ever since she agreed to meet him for lunch a couple weeks earlier, this was their normal routine with one another. Justin would call and Kerri would be there to talk him through something. Most often times she would end up not speaking at all while he just talked about anything and everything that was on his mind. It wasn't always that way. Justin found himself engulfed in what was going on in her life as well. He loved hearing about it. He would sit there and close his eyes and just imagine what it was like to be an average Joe again.

“So what are you up to this weekend?"

"Sleep, sleep, and more sleep." She responded.

Justin could hear her typing away in the background. "Well why don't you come and hang out with me this weekend. I’m bored to tears."

Kerri sat and briefly weighed the two choices in her mind before saying, "Sure. Why not? Seeing that we have never actually hung out together. Unless you classify watching movies together over the phone, hanging out."

"Cute...Are you positive? You’re not going to back out on me at the last minute are you?"

"No. I'm a woman of my word."

"Good...Then I suggest you hurry up and get your ass to the airport."

Kerri placed her free arm under her other arm and looked out the window. "Why you need a ride home or something?"

"No. I need you to catch your flight to come hang out with me."

"Say what? Where are you exactly?"

"London." he replied nonchalantly.

Kerri sat straight up in her bed, "Are you crazy!?"

"I’m well on my way to the insane asylum.” He chuckled. “I just need someone to hang with. I don't feel like being around leeches this weekend. I get tired of hearing all the bullshit."

"I can't come all the way to London!"

"Why not? I'll take care of everything. Don't worry about it."

"This is crazy, Justin. Plus it's downright expensive."

"Didn't I say don't worry about it? I asked you to hang out, so I will take care of it. When you ask me to hang out, I will expect you to do the same." he smiled.

There was a long pause on the other end of the line. "Kerri? You there?"

"Yeah." She answered softly.

"Does that mean you are coming? Or are you not a woman of your word?"

"You're such an ass,” she said as she rolled her eyes.

Justin smiled, knowing that she would submit to his request after using her own words against her. He gave her the information that she needed and flight time.

"…That's not giving me much time to pack, Justin." Kerri complained, looking over at the clock.

"We'll get you some clothes when you get here. Just bring whatever else you might need. When you get here I'll be there, but I’m going to send my bodyguard in to pick you up. Just keep an eye out for a rather large black man…You won’t be able to miss him.” He laughed. “I’d get you myself, but I don't know how people will react to seeing me. My phone is dying so I need to hang up. I'll see you when you get here. Bye."

Kerri called after him but it was too late. She looked over at the clock and noticed it was 11:30 and rushed to grab her passport, which had never been used, and anything else she could before jolting out the door to the airport.

The flight was almost 12 hours long. Most travelers said they made pretty good time considering some took almost 17 hours to get to London. Kerri could care less…Anything over six hours was too much to deal with.

She had slept on the plane, but was awaken constantly by the woman sitting behind her who had her infant and 3 year old son with her. Every other hour she either felt tiny feet digging into the back of her chair screams of hunger from the newborn, or constant whining from the toddler.

When they arrived at Heathrow airport it was almost 5pm. After retrieving her luggage she walked aimlessly through the terminal, searching out for the man that Justin described. She finally spotted a tall and broad shouldered man fitting the description, walking through the doors and over to the rather large overhead screen that displayed the flight arrival times. She walked over to him and nervously asked, "You’re Wes, right?"

Wes looked down at her. "Kerri?”

She smiled nodding her head. ”Let me take those for you." He said reaching his arm out to grab her bag.

Kerri pushed the bags further back and held onto the straps. "Oh that's ok. I got them. They aren't heavy."

"You sure?" he asked before starting to walk out of the airport.

"Yeah. Thanks anyway."

"We're right outside." He said as he placed his hand on her back guiding her towards the sliding glass doors. The driver opened up the limo door and went to take her bags. As she slowly slid into the car she noticed Justin sitting on the far end looking out the window and talking quietly on his cell phone. He waved to her and went back to his conversation.

"We'll discuss it later. Look, I really have to get going...Bye." He was hesitant to hang up the phone and stared down at it momentarily before looking up and Kerri and finally saying hello.  He crawled over to where she was sitting and poked her in the side as he took his place next to her. "So where do you want to go first?"

"Could we possibly go to the hotel? I am so tired and I have no idea why." She felt awful that she might be ruining his plans.

"Jet lag...The one thing I forgot about. You've never traveled overseas before?"

Kerri looked away embarrassed and said, "No..."

"Why didn't you tell me? I would have waited."

Kerri noticed Justin seemed a little upset about it. She smiled and said, "It's ok. I wasn't too scared. I just didn't know where to go or what to do. I felt stupid having to ask every person I came across where I needed to go."

"I'm so sorry." he apologized.

Kerri couldn't help but be moved by his sincerity. "Don't be...It was an adventure." She replied, slapping his knee gently.

"Good." he replied before yelling up front for the driver to take them back to the hotel.

Kerri's eyes completely lit up as they drove through the city. Justin smiled to himself as he studied her reaction. Her smile grew wider and wider with each sight. Her jaw would drop open, or she would gasp and point different things out to him. He had been there so many times. It didn't seem like anything special anymore. But through her eyes he could feel the excitement he had the first time he'd been there so many years ago.

When they arrived at the hotel Kerri noticed a large group of girls standing outside with large posters and teddy bears along with paparazzi waiting around and readying their camera’s for a shot of him. Wes told the driver to pull around to the side of the building so they would not be bothered. As they stepped inside the lobby, Kerri found herself standing there gazing up at the magnificent inlaid ceiling with gold leaf detail and then down at the spotless marble floors. She hadn’t been many places in her life, and this seemed like the most extravagant of all. Justin grabbed her arm and pulled her gently towards the elevators. On their way up Justin whispered to her, "The Buckingham Palace is not too far down the road if you want to check it out later."

Kerri nodded her head up and down like an excited child. When they reached the room, Kerri's jaw almost dropped at how beautiful it was. The lavish suite had a enormous sitting room with a private bedroom off to the right. She walked over to the large bay window and noticed that they offered a superb view across a garden.

She turned around and looked towards him, noticing him smiling at her vivacity.  "I'm not even going to try and front and say this is not the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life!” She walked around the entire suite taking in everything. When she reached the bedroom she noticed two queen sized beds. One bed looked like it had been slept in and had a few items of clothing lying near the edge. Near the other bed she noticed her bags and looked over at Justin and joked. "You sure you want to share your bedroom with me so soon?"

Making up lyrics to a nonexistent rap song, Justin muttered, "See, now you know I just can't resist, The way you shake those hips, I lick my lips, and say mmmm...Damn, girl." Justin paused and looked towards his left and his right before looking back at her, sliding his tongue across his lips, as he looked her up and down. In a commanding voice he said, "Strip."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers girlontop bathroomsex kitchensex blindfold soloj