Shannon stepped out of the terminal and her eyes began to search for a large black man in sunglasses.  JC had contacted her and told her that Lonnie would be picking her up at the gate.  He gave her a complete description, but Shannon was still worried that she'd never find him, especially in one of the busiest airports in the world. "Shannon!" called a deep male voice. Shannon turned to see who she assumed to be Lonnie, standing near the entrance to the gate.  In his arms was an adorable little boy, something JC had forgotten to mention. "Hi, you must be Lonnie," Shannon greeted him, after she'd made her way over to Lonnie. "Yep, that's me.  Just follow me.  I made sure that your luggage was already handled as soon as you landed.  The limo's waiting down by baggage claim," Lonnie told her.  "Oh, and this is Noah Bass, Lance Bass' son.  I'm watching him while the guys are in practice." "Hi there, Noah!" Shannon smiled at the little boy and squeezed his little hand.  "My name is Shannon." "Hi, Shanny," Noah beamed, as the three made their way down to baggage claim. Shannon had heard all about Lance's tragedy from JC.  It had broken her heart.  She'd never met Alli, but in every picture she'd seen with Lance and his wife, they'd looked like a couple right out of a fairy tale.  And Noah was the most adorable little thing she'd ever laid eyes on.  He had sandy blond hair like Lance and big brown eyes that sparkled when he smiled at her. "So Noah, what is your favorite TV show?" Shannon asked, getting better acquainted with the toddler, as the limo drove into Manhattan. "Blue!" Noah replied, with a hearty giggle.  "Blues Clues my favorwite!" "Oh, I see.  What else do you like?" Shannon found herself growing more and more interested in the child.  What wasn't to adore about him?  He had so much personality for his age and was very easy to get to know. "I like Lucy ‘cause Daddy and Mommy watch it," Noah told her. Lonnie smiled down at Noah, 'He means 'I Love Lucy.'  Lance and Alli always watched it with him.  I don't think Lance has seen an episode since Alli died, though." "That was so sad," Shannon shook her head and sighed.  "I just can't imagine going through anything like that." "Well, thank God for Noah.  I don't know how Lance would get on if it weren't for his son," Lonnie said. Just then, the limo pulled up to the hotel and the chauffeur began to help Shannon with her things. "Here's your key," Lonnie handed Shannon her room key as they headed into the lobby.  "The guys should be back in an hour, maybe earlier.  I know Jace was anxious to see you." "Unky Lonnie, I go wif Shanny, otay?" Noah looked up at Lonnie with an adorable smile. "Sorry, little man, but your Daddy wants you with me," Lonnie said, apologetically. "Pweese!" Noah begged.  "I like Shanny!" "It's okay, Lonnie.  If he wants to hang out with me in my room, it's cool," Shannon assured the larger man. "Well, okay," Lonnie hesitated a bit.  "I'll just let Lance know where to get his son." "C'mon, Noah, you can go play with me!"  Shannon took Noah's little hand in hers and headed for the elevators, with Lonnie behind them.... ~*~ "Lance, I'm sure Lonnie wouldn't mind watching Noah if you want to go out with us!"  Justin told Lance, on the way back to the hotel.  The guys had decided to take Shannon out on the town and didn't want their friend to miss out. "No, I want to spend time with my son," Lance replied, firmly.  "I've been away from him all day.  He needs to see his Daddy." "Lance, it's like nine at night!  He's going to bed soon and then what will you do?  You'll be bored stiff just sitting in your room!"  Chris put in.  "Look, go upstairs, tuck Noah in bed, and then you can meet us somewhere." "I don't know..." Lance sighed, wanting to take the offer, but he knew he had to be responsible.  He tried to think of what Alli would say if she had been there.  Of course there were times when Lance and Alli left Noah with one of the bodyguards and went out with the guys, but there were times when Lance went out for a few hours or he didn't go out at all.  Maybe it wouldn't be too bad if he went to a few clubs, as long as he was back before too late. The limo pulled up to the hotel and the guys piled out, Lance still unsure of what he was to decide.  They made it up to their floor and Lonnie met them as soon as they stepped off the elevator. "Where's Noah?" Lance asked, noticing immediately that his son wasn't with Lonnie. "He's made a new friend," Lonnie chuckled.  "C, your cousin is in 2409.  And Lance, Noah's with her." Lance and JC made their way down the hallway and JC knocked on the door.  A few seconds later, Shannon, with Noah right behind her, opened the door. "Josh!" she shrieked, grabbing her cousin in a hug. "Hi, Shanz!" JC hugged her tightly, and let go, looking down at Noah.  "I see you made a new friend." "Daddy!" Noah brushed past JC and Shannon and into Lance's arms. "Hey, buddy!" Lance picked Noah up and hugged him tightly.  "Were you a good boy for Lonnie and Shannon?" "Yes, Shanny is my fwiend, Daddy," Noah informed his father. "I hope he wasn't too much trouble," Lance smiled, sheepishly. "Not at all," Shannon replied, smiling at Noah, who wrapped his tiny arms around Lance's neck.  "Oh, I'm Shannon.  I'm Josh's cousin." "I'm Lance," Lance shook her hand and then looked at Noah.  "Okay, buddy, I think it's time we went back to Daddy's room and put your pj's on." "No sleepy," Noah shook his head, giving Lance his cutest face. Lance had to chuckle.  He and Alli had both named that face the "baby face."  Alli could give it like a pro and that was usually how she got her way with Lance.  "Well, why don't we go watch TV and then we'll see how tired you are." Noah's grin returned and he gave a big nod. "Thanks for watching him," Lance told Shannon. "It wasn't a problem," Shannon replied, "he's a great kid.  Hey, Noah, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" "Otay!  Bye, bye Shanny!"  Noah waved, as Lance headed back to his room, with Noah still in his arms. "So I guess you had your hands full, tonight, huh?" JC asked his cousin, as he sat down on her bed. "No, he was fine.  He's a great kid, like I said," Shannon said.  "Okay, Joshie, are you gonna show me the sights of New York?  I've never been and I'm not tired!"  JC made a face and Shannon laughed.  She knew he hated to be dubbed "Joshie." "Geez, I thought you'd be jet lagged," JC chuckled.  "Yeah, the guys and I were gonna see if you wanted to go clubbing.  We were hoping Lance might join us, but I doubt he will.  He hasn't seen Noah hardly at all today." "Can you blame him?  That's the only thing that still connects him to Alli," Shannon reminded him.  "Now, c'mon.  It won't take me long to get ready...." ~*~ "Daddy?" Noah mumbled, sleepily, as he cuddled next to his father. "What, hon?" Lance looked down at the half-asleep child next to him, and ran a hand through his hair. "Daddy, you have work again?" Noah yawned, closing his eyes. 

"Tomorrow, baby boy.  Right now, Daddy is gonna stay with his favorite little boy and go to sleep," Lance promised him, as his eyes began to close, too.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyl lance