“That’s a wrap ladies, Great work!” The Director yells.

 

I don’t think I could have heard better words right now. It’s almost 3am I’m tired, my legs hurt and I’m pretty sure I have a bruise on my back from that damn pool scene. We just shot. But I have to say I love my job and I wouldn’t trade it. I take the robe that the assistant is handing me (considering I’m not really wearing any clothes) and I slowly make my way to my dressing room.

 

“You know the fact that you can smile after working an 18hr day just proves how much you love your job” I hear Jennifer Beals tells me.

 

“Well this group makes it easy to get through. I’m glad that I got the opportunity to work with all of you.” I reply as we stop in front of my dressing room.

 

“Well it’s late I should let you get going. I’ll see you next week,”

 

“Night Jen” I reply as I step into my dressing room and pull out my phone to call my brother.

 

I am way too tired to be waiting around for him. Of course it goes straight to his voicemail.

 

“Tony I swear you better have your ass outside right now cause I don’t feel like waiting for you.” I hang up.

 

Perhaps I should put some clothes on and get out of here so I can get some much needed sleep. I have to admit I’m more than thankful that after 3days of less than 4hrs of sleep I get to stay in bed and not have to worry about wake up calls or shooting schedules. I finish putting on my sweats and flip flops and throw a few more things in my bag before heading out the door.

 

I almost made it off the sound stage before Alex one of the camera guys calls out to me.

 

“Hey Lani wait up!” he says while jogging to catch up with me.

 

Shit I was sure I would be able to make it out of here without being stopped. This might not be so bad if I didn’t clearly know that this guy liked me. He spent the first few weeks while I was on set trying to figure out if I was a lesbian or not. Working on The L Word does make one wonder about such things, but once he discovered I was very much straight he has been trying his hardest to ask me out. I sigh as I turn around and plaster a smile on my face. ( I suppose being a good actress has it’s advantages)

 

“What’s up Alex?”

 

“I…” He starts off as we head towards the exit.

 

“You what?” I encourage because I can tell he is nervous if he’s going to ask me out he may as well get it over with.

 

He smiles at me. “ I’m not one of those people who follows the media and what not about you or any other celebrity for that mater, but I noticed that you haven’t had anyone visit you on set.”

 

I just smirk at him. “Very astute observation Alex.” I laugh as I look around for my brothers Escalade.

 

“I know it’s really late or early depending on how you look at it. I was kind of hoping that I could take you out to breakfast.” He finally asks

 

See this is the part I hate, trying to turn guys down. Just as I’m about to answer I notice some headlights blink on and off and someone a little shorter than my brother, but clearly recognizable step out of the drivers side of the BMW parked a few feet away. He smiles at me and motions for me to come on. I turn to Alex who looks utterly disappointed.

 

“I’m sorry Alex I need to get going. I’ll see you next week.” I say while walking to the drivers side to give the guy a hug and going around to get in the car.

 

Before I even get settled in the car he starts laughing.

 

“And what may I ask is so funny?”

 

“PDA’s are only your thing if you’re not paying attention or when proving a point, and I’m pretty sure you were aware of what you were doing.”

 

I roll my eyes. “Not that I don’t appreciate your sarcasm at 3:30 in the morning, but where is my brother?” I ask.

 

“Don’t try to change the subject Chi-Chi.”

 

“I’m not. I’m just wondering why you’re here instead of my brother.”

 

I get the side eye look from him before he answers me. “The servers at his job crashed around 1 so he had to go in. He didn’t want you here waiting on him when he knew you would be crabby and ready to get home.”

 

It’s quite for a moment before I speak. “Thanks for coming to get me. I know how much you value your sleep.” I say quietly.

 

It’s not that I’m uncomfortable or upset that my brother sent Jc to come get me. In fact I’m really glad he was thoughtful enough to make sure someone came to get me. (Although I am wondering why he didn’t call our sister) After a few more minutes Jc pulls up to my house and turns to face me.

 

“Chi-Chi you ok?”

 

“What makes you think something is wrong with me? I mean other than the fact that I’m exhausted.” I smile “You wanna go ahead and crash here for a while? You look pretty tired yourself.”


Just as I’m saying this I see Jc yawn. He smiles at me once he is done.

 

“Yea maybe I should.”

 

We get out and head toward the house. As we get in the door I remember my sister is here and I whisper for Jc to be quite. When we get to my room I kick off my flip flops and jump in bed not even bothering to take my clothes off. Jc follows suit and as I’m drifting off to sleep I hear Jc whisper goodnight.

 

 

 


 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story