"I'm going to give you some time Bells... I know your time is very limited with a decision but remember that I will be waiting for you and if you decide to marry him I will accept that and I will deal with it. My flight left at 10am today for Vegas. I will keep my distance until you make your decision. I will see you in a couple weeks... maybe a little longer. Don't hesitate to call if you want to talk... but know that I am thinking about you every second I am away."

I woke up to a note attached with a single long stem rose lying on his pillow. I sit up to see rose petals covering the bed. He had left without saying goodbye. I didn't expect that from him. I didn't even know he had a flight this morning.

This is exactly what I needed to add to my list of things to do. We never spoke for one moment about everything that needed to happen. He knew that this decision had to be mine and mine alone. This was something that really no one else could tell me what to do. But I would like to have seen him before he left. I would have at least like to know exactly what he was thinking.

I was potentially going to give up my entire family for him... that's what he was asking me to do technically and how was I supposed to make this kind of decision without weighing pros and cons on both sides. Why would he just up and leave?

I throw on a pair of jeans, from that very same box again. This time finding the shirt he wore last night lying on the floor and putting it on.  I inhaled deeply as I pulled it close to my skin. It smelled like him.

There were photographers waiting outside of his apartment for me when I decided to finally leave.

"How was your night with Justin? He left hours ago without you, with a suitcase in hand?"

"How can you leave your engagement party and go home with Justin? What kind of person are you?"

"Does your fiancé know that you are not faithful to him? Does he know that you are still seeing Justin on a regular basis?"

"What's your wedding night going to be like?"

I turned back towards those guys screaming questions at me. Only if they knew what was really going on in my life. Only if they knew.

Hours turn into days which turned into a weeks and I have yet to hear from Justin. He said he would give me space to decide but this wasn't the space I wanted. I wanted to see him, I wanted to hear his voice. I didn't want to communicate by a couple lines in an email. The week he was supposed to be in town I emailed him asking if I would be able to see him and he said yes... but he was extremely busy and he couldn't promise me when or for how long. He would let me know. But I still haven't heard from him.

In the time I haven't seen or heard from him I had managed to officially become a doctor. Yet I still had no interest in spending the time in the hospital. I had my shifts reduced and said that I was having some personal issues. I needed to focus on the upcoming wedding and working twelve to sixteen hours a day plus dealing with a wedding was making me not concentrate as much as I need to for my patients. They agreed to cut my schedule and not inform my father. The last thing I needed was his opinion on things.

I was thirteen hours into my sixteen hour shirt and the hospital was quiet. It rarely happens so I took advantage of the down time. I headed into a quiet conference room and opted to get some work down that I needed to work on.

A Google search engine sits in front of me. An empty search bar with so much work to get done I type...  Justin Timberlake, instead of the work I should be getting done.

I was shocked when a couple million sites came up. I slowly began looking at page after page. An official website with all this achievements, pictures, news articles, and message boards devoted to him. Artists that have worked with him praised him; artists that wish to work with him praised him. Calling him a musically genius, someone in the industry that doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves.

Checking over my shoulder in the empty conference room, I clicked back over to a fan site bringing up the tour dates. He never mentioned to me that he was on tour. That could have explained why the phone calls have been so hit or miss, why he seemed so drained every time I talked to him.

Justin Timberlake kicked off his tour is Las Vegas, NV on Tuesday to a sold out crowd with a nearly two hour set. The fans were treated with some of his classic hits along with most of his new album. I was at that show and I have to say I was never a fan of Justin but I walked out of there impressed and purchased the new album on my way to work the next morning. He is unstoppable and he has much more to offer...

Why would Justin keep something like a world tour from me? Why would he hide something like this from me? Maybe I should have known, maybe I should have researched a little about him but I never thought I had to. I didn't think he was keeping anything from me.

There were hundreds of articles about the last month of tour dates...

Justin Timberlake takes on Tacoma Dome... Sold out crowd of nearly thirty two thousand people were treated to the one and only Justin Timberlake.

Justin Timberlake brought sexy back to northern California...

Justin Timberlake sets his sits on a world tour and a new girlfriend...

Picture of Justin catch my eye. A brunette that seems to be very cozy with him in and out of buildings, eating lunch and pictures of her walking onto his bus, his hand on the small of her back. Tears start to slide down my face....

Maybe he had changed his mind... Maybe he had moved on. Maybe... just maybe I don't have a choice to make now. Maybe I lost him.

Frustrated and hurt I give up on the research I was supposed to.

My shift was almost over; I rounded on my patients and headed out of the hospital. I was glad to have the next twenty four hours to myself. I had too many thoughts and ideas running through my head to concentrate on anyone other than myself right now.

"Hi..." Erin said almost confused.

"Hi, I'm on my way out are you just starting your shift?" I asked.

Still confused, "Yea. I'm working graveyard this week. Why are you working?"

"I'm on daylight right now. I switch to midnights next week."

"Ohh, I just thought with your wedding this weekend you would be preparing for that."

What did she just say, there's no way she just say what I think she just said. "What do you mean my wedding this weekend? I'm not getting married for a month."

"Oh... hmm maybe I have the date wrong. I got the invite in the mail last week. The date was different than on the engagement announcement... at first I thought... well I thought you were pregnant and didn't want to wait another month."

"NO!" I said fast and strong, "I haven't slept with Gavin."

"Ohh... Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I looked at it wrong."

"No... I don't think you are... I have to go."

My parents have seriously moved up my wedding. They had done this without my knowledge and without my approval. I could feel my blood pressure beginning to boil every minute I spent in that car I was going to explode. I couldn't believe they were doing this to me. I was fuming by the time I got into the driveway. There was a single light on in the entry way but the rest of the house looked dark and empty.

"Good evening Bella. How was your day?"

"Sorry Gary, I'm not mad at you but I can't speak to you right now because I would have to let this rage loose on you, you don't deserve any part of it."

"I'm sorry..." he says, knowing my parents have yet again done something that changes my life. Something else that makes my wonderful life just a little more difficult.

I walked in the front door. Slamming it as hard as I possibly could, nearly breaking every piece of glass in their perfect etched glass doors. The sound echoed through the house, which meant both of my parents make a dash for the front door and when they get there they see me... flushed and ready to scream.

"Arabella what is your problem? You shattered the glass in that front door." My father asks, pissed off.

"What gives you the fucking right to move up the wedding? Marrying that douchbag of a man wasn't enough for you... You had to move up the wedding?" I slammed down my purse, causing everything to fall out of it.

"Arabella... the venue... the cater's they needed to...-" My mother attempts to make excuses up.

"Don't play that bullshit with me... you moved up the wedding because you wanted it moved up."

"Honey. We just want you to be married and start your life..." My father says in his stern voice.

"Completely ridiculous, both of you make me sick. You moved up the wedding because you think I'm going to cancel the wedding."

"You can't cancel the wedding. That's not something we are worried about." My father says with confidence. He obviously doesn't know me very well.

"Then what are you worried about?"

They both look at each other, then back at me. "We thought you were pregnant and we just thought if you were already married, people wouldn't know."

"Why does everyone seem to think that I would be irresponsible enough to get pregnant? If I was pregnant the child wouldn't be Gavin's... and if I was pregnant I sure as hell wouldn't be marrying the man who is NOT the father of the baby."

My mother seems relieved, "So are you saying you are not pregnant?"

"No, not that I'm aware of anyways... I can't believe you wouldn't just ask me about something like that... oh wait if you don't know the reality of the facts then you assume things."

"Arabella, we were looking out for you."

"I'm sorry but none of what is going on in my life right now is looking out for me."

I walked away from them and suddenly realizing that here I was about to marry a guy I can even imagine being in the same room as and the guy I thought I was in love with has clearly moved on.

What was I going to do now? How could I have ended up here?

Chapter End Notes:
Shady Justin...


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story