Fluttering in my stomach has become apparent. I was almost giddy to have met a new person. He was sweet and kind. He has that smooth voice that could convince you to do anything. He was persuasive and endearing. School and my family didn't allot for personal time. If I wasn't in a library with a book in my face I was doing something family related, it annoyed me that I really couldn't be me but the moment I met him I was me again. That part of me doesn't get to shine through often but I had it, even if it was just for a moment.

Alone in this hotel room I'm annoyed, I'm always alone. I had brought my study material for finals, hoping to get some studying done during the downtime I would have here. The air must not be working at all because the temperature seems to get higher and not lower. I strip off some layers, leaving boy shorts and a tank on. My father wouldn't approve but he wouldn't be seeing me this late, so it wouldn't matter.

Removing my glasses that were resting on the bridge of my nose, placing them on the bed I begin concentrating on a scratchpad that lays on top of my study guides, slowly gracing the lines, shadowing the perfect arch, detailing every curve of the structure. Just something to add to my pile of ‘never going to happen', I thought to myself.  That pile seems to get higher and higher with no result.

It seemed pointless to have dreams or aspirations because they meant nothing in my family. I was born into this bloodline so therefore I should never complain about the great things that happen to me. I should never think twice about the choices that have already been made for me. I can only remember a handful of times I have ever truly been happy and none of them involved my family.  Why was it so easy for my sister and brother to be perfectly content with the life my parents have chosen for them and why a dreaded day to day battle with me? Another battle that I will never win, another thing I had no control over and another thing I need to just learn to deal with.

Knock... Knock...

There was a knock at the door. I look over at the clock on the wall. It was after eleven, who on earth could that be? I climbed out of the bed and walked over to the door.

Knock... Knock... The knocking gets harder.

"Trace...let me in... I forgot my key card. I'm lock out of my room... I gotta go to the bathroom..." I heard a man yelling from outside the door.

I step up on my toes and look through the peep hole. I slowly focus in who is standing right outside my door. I jump down quickly as if he could see me. It was him. It was ‘Mr. Lake' from earlier. I stand slowly looking back through the hole.

"Come on Trace, I know you're not sleeping. Open the damn door."

I slowly turn the handle, allowing for the door to open slowly. But the door gets pushed open fast and he steps inside. "Thank god Trace, what fucking took yo-" He stops dead in his tracks. "Bella?"

"Lake." I said back to him.

"What are you doing in Trace's room? How do you know Trace?" he says with disappointment in his voice.

"This is my room." With my pointer finger I press into my chest area. "Who is Trace?"

He zeros in on my chest slowly lowering his eyes to my nearly naked lower half. He shakes his head trying not to think about his hands all over my body. "This is Trace's room." he opens the door to look at the number on the door again. "He told me he was in room 1122."

"Sorry. This is my room. Would you like to use my bathroom though, it's free?"

"Thank you." He says as he kisses me on the check and runs into the bathroom.

-He just kissed me. Yeah sure, it was on the cheek but he just did that. My cheeks are flushed and a shade of pink we he steps back into the room.

"I'm sorry I busted in here like this." He says as he places the towel in the basket for room service. "I swear he told me this was his room. He must be on the other side." He rolled his eyes, "Typical for Trace to be wrong."

I didn't know what to say. I had never seen someone so handsome in my entire life. His eyes were so blue. His smile was so beautiful and genuine. The scruff on his face made him sexy as hell.

"Bella, are you here alone?"

How can a man in a simple pair of jeans and a T-shirt that says Rast on the front, leaning in the doorway of my bathroom look so unbelievably sexy? He is simply leaning in the doorway oozing sex.

I stood in awe. I stood in silence. I had no idea what to say to him.

"Ok... I can see you are not up for visitors. I will leave."

"NO." I snapped. "Sorry, I ... I... I'm not used to having a..." I looked at him up and down, "a man as sexy as you standing in my hotel room."

He steps closer, I can smell his scent. It fit him well. "You think I'm sexy?"

Fuck. I did say that out loud. "You know you're sexy. Otherwise you wouldn't have the confidence you do."

He walks slowly closer to me. "Hearing your sexy from someone that looks like you..." his breathe was on my neck now. He whispers, "Makes me believe it just a little more..." He steps back quickly.

Breathe stupid, breathe. "So who is this Trace, your boyfriend?"

"You're funny Bells, really funny."

"I'm Bells now?" I questioned.

"I'm trying to figure out what I like better."

"I still like, Lake. It suits you."

"Oh really, and how would you know that?" he asks, having a seat at the table in my room.

My hotel room.

"I sense that you dislike it, which makes it even better!"

"Oh so I have a sassy one on my hands do I?" He lounges down in his chair. "I like the sassy part of you. Not so innocent."

I laugh and walk to the kitchen area and hop up on the counter. I didn't want to sit at the table across from him. Too personal. "What makes you think I'm not innocent? I could be the reining virgin?" He was to comfortable sitting that chair. He sits there in the perfect position for me to climb right on top of him...

"Well first of all, the way you're looking at me right at this moment, I know you are having dirty thoughts run through your mind." He raises his eyebrows, then winks at me. "Second... you hoped up on that counter as if you have done that many times before... Third, you are comfortable in your panties with me sitting right here. Therefore you are used to wearing less than that around a ‘hot' man." Throwing up quoting motions when he says hot.

Fuck. I was in my panties. I had forgotten about it completely. "Caught. What can I say, I like randomness. I have been on a counter or two in my life."

"Damn girl." he says shaking his head before standing to adjust himself from showing the excitement he has going on. "You can't say things like that."

"Ok then..."  I started to tap the counter with the palm of my hand, "The trusty counter has never disappointed me before. Anytime I have ever needed it, it's been there for-" He cut me off by slamming his face against mine. Lips to lips.  I felt his long thick eyelashes grazing against mine. Slightly curving his face to make perfect access to my mouth, his tongue started to work a slow circular motion around mine, he deepens the kiss. His hands ever so slightly grab a hold of my ass and pushing me closer to the edge of the counter, never parting his lips with mine. His lips felt like fireworks on the Fourth of July. When he nips at my bottom lip my eyes finally flutter open to see a huge smile on his face.

"I normally don't randomly show up in a gorgeous women's hotel room and try to take advantage."

"Who said you were taking advantage? Maybe I was the one taking advantage of you."

He closes his eyes, exhales deeply. "I... I have to go.  If not... I... just don't know if I will be able to stop myself and the last thing I want is to be that person..." Before I knew it, and wanted it, he was standing at the door. "I'm in room 1120, just so you know. I will see you tomorrow."

And he was gone.

What the fuck.

I knew that being a slightly half engaged woman I shouldn't have just done that. I shouldn't have just kissed that man so passionately, and I should have been completely turned on by him but it's not like I was actually engaged, and it wasn't like I actually had feelings for Gavin.

I couldn't sleep. My heart stayed at a steady pace just thinking about him... the kiss... the way it felt... the way it made me feel. That was the kind of passion I wanted in a future husband. That's how I wanted to kiss my other half for the next fifty years.

Trying not to think about the life I was about to embark on I get out of bed and shower. Get ready for the day ahead. My father had arranged for me to meet a few hospitals here in L.A. and see how I liked it. Honestly if it got me four thousand miles away from my family for ninety eight percent of the year, I would take the job in a heartbeat. But my father had no interest in me actually taking a position here; he just wanted to get the ‘Kinsey' name out there.

 

I step into the hallway to head down towards the penthouse suites when he steps out of his room, stepping in front of me. "Hi. Good morning." he says. "Sorry I totally cut you off there. Looks like you were on a mission."

"My father." I rolled my eyes. "If I am late, I will have to hear about it the rest of the trip."

"Wow. He is that strict?"

"That's putting it mildly."

"Well have a great day Bells, I will see you at Dinner tonight. Are you going to be my date?"

"Sure just don't tell my father." I turn to walk away.

"Got it! That means dessert with me after!"

What did he mean by that?  Was he talking about ice cream on Ventura Blvd or was he talking about taking me back to his room and taking advantage of the innocent woman he thought I was?

"Sounds great!" I was gluten for punishment. "What are your wonderful plans for the day?"

"Work." He said without hesitation.

"Do you ever take a day off?"

"If I took a day off it would cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars." He said serious.

"Well then I guess you should get your booty going. You got money to make."

He turns to start to walk away. "You like my booty don't you?"

"Don't flatter yourself Lake. Mine is still better." I turn to walk faster down the hallway.

"You are right once again Bells..."

I had the biggest smile on my face that I couldn't get rid of. I knew that my father would ask questions that I didn't want to have to explain it to him. I put on my Kinsey face and knocked on his suite door. The day had begun and the joy of spending the day with my father has begun.

When the time finally came to go back to the hotel to get ready for dinner I was relieved. I would spend at least an hour without him and I would spend the next three hours at dinner without him. I was going to be very happy.

I placed the hot rollers in my hair and began to do my makeup. I hated the drawn out process that is getting ready but I couldn't imagine walking into public looking the way I do. I finished the makeup, slipped on the deep shade of purple dress that my mother helped me pick out. I was glad she didn't see it on me because she would never approve of how much cleavage was showing. I placed a black blazer over the dress and slip on a pair of beautiful new heels I bought special for this night. Just as I walked out the door I removed the rollers and the different shades on the strands of my hair looked amazing when the curls flow free. It was always an endless fight with my parents when I had my hair colored. It was a disgrace to them but for me it was boredom. I didn't want to look the same all the time. After all I wear that damn white coat, day after day. I needed something to change it up a lot. Everything I did was a disgrace to them so I tend to not care anymore. I button the blazer and step into the limo. The less my father saw the better.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story