The dark room was lit by small chandeliers and candles that filled the room, they were beautiful. Every table had a perfect layout and had a way of making you focus on them. The blue flowers with the crisp white centerpieces made a statement. I sit alone at the table for what felt like forever. Justin was more than likely going to stroll in here right on time and I wouldn't even get to talk to him. The stage lights focus in on the podium.

He wasn't here. I felt stood up.

My table begins to fill up. The two gentlemen that were with him last night were sitting in their seats along with the woman but he was nowhere to be found.

Maybe I scared him off. Maybe this was supposed to be the way we were going to part ways. The host of the night begins to speak.

"Thank you all for coming today an honoring some of the best surgeons in the country. We are here today to honor individuals that have donated their time to causes and surgery's that have changed lives forever. Our first guest speak tonight is a guy that is very well known in the entertainment industry. He has taken the music world by storm for over fifteen years and he is only fresh off of his thirtieth birthday. He has countless honorable awards including Grammy's and an Emmy. This man has talent but his heart really lies with his foundation that he established for Shiner's Children's Hospital. Every year this man out does himself. He proves every day that no matter how much success or money you have, you can always lend a helping hand somewhere. Ladies and gentleman the incomparable, Justin Timberlake."

Lake? Shut the fuck up. He walked out on that stage in a classic black suit, white shirt and a dark midnight blue tie. Wow! He looked amazing. Breathe I kept reminding myself. He is hot but breathe.

"Ladies... and gentleman, it is an honor to be asked here tonight. ..." he begins to speak. But that is all I heard the entire time he spoke. I couldn't stop staring at him. I couldn't believe that this ‘incomparable' person was who was in my hotel room with me last night. I knew he was important somehow but I never thought he was this music superstar. I guess that's what I get for prepping to be a doctor for the last eight years.

The crowd claps as he walks off the stage. I felt so stupid. I didn't hear a word he said. My father looks annoyed that Justin was getting the recognition that he was getting. Moments later he was sitting next to me at our table. "You look stunning, Bells."

"Thank you." I said shyly.

He looks at my dress, "Dolce & Gabbana..." he looks down at my heels... "Mui Mui..." then looks back up at my clutch. "Mui Mui as well. I have to say you have great taste." He smiles, nodding his head.

"How in the world did you know the designers names?"

"I have my foot in the fashion world. I see a lot of designer's things before the public does."

"You're not helping the whole, Trace isn't my boyfriend concept right now..." I laughed.

He leans in closer; I can smell him again, whispering ever so slightly against my ear lobe. "Guess you'll have to take a chance with that one."

 I didn't say anything else to him for what felt like hours. I was flabbergasted by this person sitting next to me. I have been in the presence of a lot of people that are high profile, that are very important but I have never felt like this before. He was someone that was important to a lot of people around the world... not just in a town known as the Hamptons.

 As dinner was being served I finally spoke. "Great speech."

"Thanks." He bends in closer, "Is there something wrong? You don't seem like the same Bells I met last night. Did I push my limits and it's weird between us now?"

I take a large gulp of my wine. "I... I didn't know you were this... important person. I feel stupid now."

"I like that about you. I like that you didn't know me. I like that you were just who you were and who I am had no affect on how you acted around me."

I drum my fingernails off the table.

"So even though I'm this, mega important person you still to do dessert tonight, with me?"

"Yes, as long as you're ok with having dinner someone like me! Who the only reason she is here is because her father was being honored today... I'm a nobody in this room full of people."

"Oh honey, you are someone to me!" he paused for a moment connecting the dots. "Your father is Dr. Lamar Kinsey?"

"Ugh" I said. "Please tell you don't have some amazing story to tell me about him."

"No. that guy was an ass to me backstage. Sorry I should speak about him like that but he was an ass."

"I'm not surprised. You're not a Kinsey or someone for his daughter to marry. Which makes you a nobody to him."

"I could marry you..."

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY??? Chocking on the piece of lettuce I was eating I can't breathe.

"Sorry to make you chock there Bells but I was just kidding."

A deep man's voice interrupts us, "Her name is Arabella, not Bells." He was annoyed. That was something new.

I snapped my head back to see that it was my father, "Dad... is something wrong?"

"I was checking to make sure this gentleman was not harassing you." He says.

"No, dad everything is fine. He was just making a joke and I started laughing. No big deal."

"Arabella this is not an event for you to laugh and joke around at. This is a formal event. You have a purpose here and it's not to have laughs with this gentleman." I wanted to kick him in the face. I wanted to reach my foot up with the five inch heel and kick him right in the face. "Remember you are a Kinsey."

"Yes, I know." I said it and turned back around to stare at the wall.

"Arabella, look at me when I speak to you."

I turned back quickly, hissing "Dad, seriously don't embarrass me here in front of all these people."

"I think it's time we leave." He turned his back to me and was waiting for me to join him.

"Dad." I said sternly as he turned around to look at me with disbelief. "I have things to do here tonight, remember? I think I should stay here. I'm a Kinsey after all."

He didn't argue with me, "I will leave the car for you. It will take you back to the hotel when you are finished here."

"I can get a cab, take the car. I will be fine."

"Arabella, you are a Kinsey, you will not take a cab anywhere."

Justin pressed his lips together, holding them tight. He wanted to say something so bad. I was so glad at that moment he didn't but it was short lived because his voice started to escape from his vocal cords. "Dr. Kinsey, we have two town cars, she can have one of ours. We..." he pointed at the three people sitting at the table with us. "Are all going to the same hotel, she can have that one."

"That's very nice of you. Thank you." He turned back to me. "See you in the morning. Remember who you are Arabella."

                I roll my eyes at him. I didn't hate many people but I despised that man. I begin to shake my head and cover my face in embarrassment. He always had to be that person. He always had to make me feel like I was a child and needed to be reprimanded. The moment I see him walk out the front door and through the long hallway I climb out of my seat and I feel like the entire room is watching me now. I walk quickly out of the room and into the lounge.

                A soft piano melody is coming from the back corner. I didn't care who was here or what was going on I just needed something to drink. Something strong. "Can I get a Jack and Coke please?"

The blonde blue eyes bar tender responds, "Single Jack & Coke coming right now."

"Double. And keep them coming."

                He slides the glass in front of me, I begin to ramble through my bag to find my wallet. Fuck. My wallet was not in my clutch. I forgot to put the damn thing in there.

"I got it." I hear him say from behind me as I see a fifty placed in front of me on the bar.

I turned to see it was him, "I'll pay you back, I promise."

"Bells..." he asked sympathetically.

"Justin- I just need a moment." I exhaled deeply then inhaled. I raised my hand of the bartender, "Another please." I gulped another drink in one sip. I couldn't get my blood pressure to level out. I was furious. I wanted to scream. "I scored higher on my MCAT's then my sister and my brother... I scored higher than my mother and my father did when they took it decades ago... I will graduate at the top of my class... yet I'm still a disgrace in his eyes."

He sat there, calm and collected. Listening.

"I have done everything that he has ever wanted me to do..."

"Bells, he is never going to change. That's simply who he is." He was trying to consol me but I was furious. I couldn't believe I was dealing with this yet again.

"My mother is no better. She has been married to him for too long. He has changed every fiber of her being." After chugging yet another Jack and Coke, I asked him "Do you want to get out of here?"

"Bells, are you sure this is what you want to do?"

I leaned into him, whispering in his ear. I wanted him to feel the warmth of my breath on his neck. "I'm not asking you to take me back to your room and teach me a few things on the counter... I want that dessert you promised me..." I placed a light kiss on his cheek and stood up to leave.

His eyes curled underneath his eyelids and his chest started to tremble. "Let's go."

We stood at the valet waiting for his car as we began to be surrounded by people taking pictures of him. He pulled me in close to him, wrapping his arm around me to protect me from the masses of cameras in my face.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

Justin, who's the new women? She isn't the typical Hollywood starlet that you date.

How does your ex feel about you moving on? Do you think she will have another meltdown?

He opens the passenger side car door and allows for me to get in first. He shuts the door behind him on the other side and sighs.

I didn't realize that he was one of these celebrities. He was one of those people that they hounded to no end. The ones you hear people talking about at the coffee shop or in line at the grocery store. He was one of those people. It was something we had in common. My family was on the level that he was but I understood the constant scrutiny that he endured.

"I know this amazing place in West Hollywood..." He says with the biggest smile on his face. "I have been craving it for some time but I haven't had someone to take with me. Crumbs have the most delicious cupcakes."

"Yum. Cupcakes sound so good right now."

"Have you ever eaten at Crumbs?"

"Once in NYC but not here in L.A."

"One and the same."

"That's not always true."

He laughs, "So true."

Getting out of the car at the bakery was just as difficult as getting into the car was. His was constantly surrounded by people taking pictures. At the counter in the bakery we stand in look at the board.

"I stand here and look at the board and always end up with the same one." He laughs at himself.

"Well just order me the same thing. I need to use the restroom."

I glance at myself in the mirror. I makeup still looked pretty great, but my curls seem to have loosened up. I run my hands through my hair and freshen up what I could. This is as good as it's going to get. I thought.

I shed the blazer and placed it on the back of the chair. Straightening the back of my dress as I sit down I realize that he is staring at me. "What?" I said nervously.

"You are even more stunning than you were earlier."

"Thanks Mr. Timberlake." I said with a shy smile on my face.

"A. Don't call me that. I'm Justin. Not any of that Mr. Timberlake crap. B. Don't sit there pretending you are shy. You know you are sexy! And C. Enjoy your cupcake."

I at that very moment wanted to be next to him, I wanted to feel his lips on my again. I wanted to anything that had to do with him... and me... together. I bit into the most scrumptious red velvet cupcake I have ever had in my entire life. Looking down at that cupcake, I knew exactly what I wanted. "Can we get these to go?"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story