Being pampered isn't a bad thing. I loved being a woman and getting to do all the glorious things that we had the privilege of getting to do. I didn't love having my nails done, my make up done and my hair but it was a nice thing to do every once and a while. It was a nice way to relax before getting to do an event like I am about to do. The only thing was I couldn't relax. I was a nervous wreck. My hands trembled as the women attempted to paint my nails. There was a lot of pressure I was putting on myself on this day, everything needed to be perfect. It was my first time on the red carpet as Justin's date. That made me nervous. Even the strange way I grew up, I never experienced the idea of having a ‘first public appearance'. The entire idea behind that was almost as if we were royalty, well he was royalty and I was the common folk he was bringing into his world. Why did it matter if I was on the arm of him or not? I couldn't see the big deal behind being someone's date to an award show. I was ecstatic to be going with Justin and that he wanted to share this special event with me but it was still uncommon.

            "You need to breath Arabella!" her southern voice reined through the salon.

            Justin's incredible mother was just that, incredible. Even though she wasn't going to the event tonight, she wanted to tag along with me today, spend some alone time with me. I was happy to have her with me. "I feel bad that Justin is taking me and not you tonight."

When she speaks, she oozes of southern hospitality. "Honey, I have done this so many times with Justin before. It's time that the love of his life gets to stand beside him as he achieves greatness." Everything about her presence was genuine.

            The entire salon gasps in "Awe's".

            I guess I had to suffer with the pampering and enjoy a night with a man I couldn't see spending my life without. He was flying in today to spend a couple days together before I go back to New York to prepare everything for an amazing release of my collection, or at least I hoped it would be amazing. The first leg of his tour was winding down but that simply meant the second leg would start soon after. I tried not to think that far in advance. I didn't want to think about the miles that would be between us then.

            My decision had been made and I took a large amount of my own money and put a down payment on property in NYC that was going to be the store that carried the entire "Arabella Kinsey Collection." I had agreed to have them distributed as well, but there were be a majority of the collection not available in the other department stores. I wanted the line to be about the collection and not about my name on a heel, inside of a store that carried hundreds of other designers. It was a little bit of a selfish decision, but it was mine to make. I felt like a real adult having to make such huge decisions and it me all on my shoulders. Scary as it was, it was still a great feeling.

            I sat in the chair, staring in the mirror in front of me as the hairdresser removes the hot rollers from my hair one by one. Taking pin after pin and creating a look out of the hair I never do anything with.  I had stacks of proofs in my hand from the photo shoot. I couldn't decide which ones I wanted to use. There were so many good shots. When I picked them up yesterday, Bryan said that he was surprised that he liked them as much as he did. I wasn't sure how to take that comment, but I chose to think it was a compliment of my ideas and visions for the line. If he thought otherwise, I chose to ignore that.

My phone buzzed off the chair, where I wedged it between my leg and the chair.  I look down at the screen, "One hour left of my flight. I can't wait to see you." His simple words light up my face, ever brighter than it already was. How could not seeing someone for just a few days make me feel like this? The butterflies made my stomach go crazy. A crazy sensation I never experienced waves over my body just thinking about him.

"Well don't you look happier!" a petite brunette woman with so much presence, from across the room starts to talk as I glance up in the mirror to see who it was. She was walking towards me, "Whatever you decided seemed to work best for you."

I swung the chair around quickly, standing, reaching out to hug her. "Vera Wang." I said exhaling a breath, "I owe a part of my life to you."

She looked down at my left hand, "I take it you didn't go through with the wedding?"

I waved my ringless left hand in the air. "I couldn't live that life anymore. I couldn't marry someone I didn't love."

"I'm glad you stood your ground. You were clearly not happy with that arrangement."

"It wasn't easy. But at the end of the day I had to be the one to live this life. I actually took your words to heart. I listened to what you told me. So, I owe you a lot of thank you's!"

She shook her head no, "How about you just let me design your actual wedding dress when you marry this guy that has made your life brighter."

Was it weird that every fiber of my being was giddy that someone I really didn't know was genuinely interested in my relationship with this man that's made me happy? "That's a deal... if we ever get married. I will do that." Then I had a thought. "Actually I have a very important event coming up. I should stop by your warehouse and pick something up for the opening."

"What kind of opening are you attending?" She asked, curious.

"It's actually my opening..." I lowered my head slightly in embarrassment. "My line of shoes are releasing in a couple weeks. I would need an amazing dress for it."

Her hair stylists motioned for her to join her. "I think I have the perfect dress from my new line for you to wear..." She turns to walk towards the chair, "Call my office, schedule a time to come in... I'll hook you up!"

"I will do that. Thanks again." I had such warmth of affection for this woman that I barely knew. She had really made an enormous impact on my life. More than I think she would ever know.

 

The time was ticking; I had to be back at the house before Justin got there. The cars in front of us seemed to be at a standstill on the 405. That's a shocker right? Slowly and when I say slowly, there was no exaggeration on that point. We made it back to the house and I busted through the doors yelling for him but he wasn't home yet.

I danced around the kitchen anxiously waiting for him to arrive. I knew it would be a crazy couple of hours with us both getting ready but it's a great feeling simply knowing he was steps away from me and not hours. I missed that time in your life when you got to be giddy about guys; I was making up for it now with Justin.

Luke needed a decision before morning on the photographs, so he could finish all the designs and prints. However I was nowhere closer to a decision. There were too many options. I spread them out all over the counter, looking at them all at once. I went over each photo, time and time again before I finally asked Lynn to make the final choice for me. She wouldn't do it for me. So I was back to square one. With each photo I lifted close, examining every detail, I found something I loved more about each photo. Maybe I was over analyzing them.

I heard a car door shut and my head popped up and looked over at Lynn. She heard it as well. I dropped the photos back on the counter and skipped to the door. I opened it to see Justin, dropping his bag on the ground and launching straight at me. I wrapped my fingers around his jaw line, pulling his face millimeters away from mine. I dropped my forehead on his chin, taking in his scent. I missed that. He lifted my head up to be level with his, "This is exactly where I wanna be!" He pressed his lips to mine. His hands tangled up in the material of the shirt I was wearing. His lips traveled down the side of my neck, causing my eyes to flutter. "Is my mother still here?" he asked continuing to kiss down my chest.

"Yes." I said frustrated. At that very moment, I didn't want her to be there.

He let go of his grip on me, picking up his luggage. "I guess I should get ready. The limo will be here very shortly to pick us up."

Sexually frustrated now, I bent down picked up the small bag he had dropped on the ground and followed him into the house. Our house.

I watched and studied his face when he was content, his posture when he stood across the room in his towel, his walk when he was sure I wasn't paying attention, his lips when he spoke, his laugh when he was really happy. He was everything I had hoped I would find in a guy. He was more than I ever thought I would ever get to have in my life.

 I removed the soft blue, strapless gown out of the bag, sliding it over my head. The pleats covering the entire bodice flowed perfectly into the gathering on the side. The chiffon material made it appear as if I had a tiny waist I knew I would never have, nor did I want it. The hem rested at the perfect length above the knee. Removing from the box, I pick up the gray color peeptoe pumps, placing them on my feet. The bright blue sole popped off the bottom of the heel. They were perfect.

I saw him down the hallway leading into kitchen. He was talking to his mother and the smile couldn't have been bigger on his face. His entire being lit up when he was in the presence of her. His light grey suit and dark grey tie is going to look great next to my dress. He was even more handsome in a suit than I remember.

"Wow." He said looking over at me. The drink in his hand missed the counter twice as he tried to sit it down. "You look absolutely gorgeous Bells."

My cheeks seemed flushed from embarrassment. "I don't look nearly as good in comparison to be standing next to you."

Reaching out to take my hand, he spins me around, "I don't think I want to go now... I think I would rather stay here and look at you in this dress... in those shoes..." His hand went over the side of my face, "With your hair pulled back like that...." He lands a small sweet kiss on the high point of my cheekbone, rested his head against mine. I could feel the tremble in his chest, the exhale of breath as he hands wrapped around my waist. This was home. In his arms was home.

"Oh, were going somewhere." I whispered. "I didn't go through all this today to look this good to stay in the house."

He lifted his head slowly and whispered seductively. "You are even more stunning in nothing at all, with no makeup..." the warm breath of his words bounced off my skin, "...With me over you..."

My eyes fluttered as I turned my face away from his. "We have to get going, or else we won't be going anywhere."

As much as we both would rather stay in the house and curl up on the couch, we had some responsibilities to take care of.

He opened the door of the limo and I stepped inside. I slid across the seat and look up, seeing a very full limo. So much for alone time. At least the space inside of here wasn't going to waste.

"Are you ready to do this?" Justin asked.

"Yes. I was born ready!"

He steps out of the car, reaches his hand down for me to take his hand. As I stand I see the flashes starting to become nonstop. I flashed my smile at Justin and held onto his hand tight. Justin's management team flowed out of the vehicle and started to instruct us where we needed to be.

The red carpet was not as exciting as it looks on television. The few I seen, looked like so much fun and such high energy. Maybe it was the nervous part of me that wouldn't let me enjoy it. I was constantly worried I was doing something wrong.

With everything going on around me, my focused seemed to remain on him. He consistently licked his lips; it was his sign of nervousness. I watched as he did it again, leaving a thin layer of shine on his lips.

"Did you hear what he said?" Justin asked smiling.

I looked up at him, "No. Sorry I wasn't paying attention."

"He said," he leaned in closer, trying to talk over the crowd screaming behind him. "Justin's gorgeous date is wearing a killer dress and an even better pair of heels. He can't wait to ask you who you are wearing!"

I exhaled a deep nervous breathe.

His cheesy grin still planted on his face, "Ha. That gorgeous woman, in the killer pair of heels is my girl!" He scrunched up his face, puckering his lips, dancing around.

Oh how I loved that crazy man.

Chapter End Notes:
And then there was one! Eeek! Totally nervous to post the final chapter!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story