Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm getting awfully attached to these characters
 

My eyes were locked with her for the entire 3 minutes and 41 seconds it took to sing that song. Half way through tears started to fall down her face, but this times they were good tears, they were happy tears. After I hit the last note I wanted to jump off the stage and wrap my arms around her, but I knew I couldn't so I enlisted Trace to be me before the show. I saw him put his arm around her shoulder and I winked at her before continuing on with the show.

 

I hadn't sung that song in years, but during a phone interview today someone randomly asked me about it which was strange to me since it wasn't even a single off of the album. I didn't think much of it until I looked up and saw Marissa sitting next to me studying, looking so cute bobbing her head to whatever song was playing on her IPod and a light bulb went off in my head. I started singing the words to myself and realized that it was exactly how I've been feeling since the first day that we met. Everything that has happened has been so out of the blue and random and I can't believe that it's all played out the way that it has, but I'm so happy and grateful for it. I honestly can't believe that she has entered my life and I've fallen in love with her. Every relationship that has led up to this hasn't worked because it wasn't her; she's everything I could ever ask for. I knew that I needed to sing that song to her tonight so I immediately started making phone calls to people and made changes to the set.

 

The first call I made was to JC to see where he was and if he was available tonight to sing it with me. Not only would it be for her, but also the fans would probably go ballistic. Unfortunately he had booked studio time for one of his artists in LA and couldn't make it but gave me permission to sing his part. The next call I made was to the band and backup singers to let them know that there was a change to the set list and a new song was going to be added so rehearsal would be an hour early. I called into my last phone interview and let them know that I was running short on time due to a change in my schedule and wrapped it up really quick. I then called a local florist and had 2 dozen long stemmed roses sent to our hotel room for her to find when she came back up to get ready. I went and told Marissa and Rachel that I had to leave for rehearsal and she didn't catch on or ask why I was leaving so early, but Rachel knowing my schedule shot me a look questioning why we were leaving so early but she let it go until we got in the car to go.

 

The change came together fairly quickly, no one seemed to have a problem with it but I seemed to struggle with getting back into the swing of it. We worked on it until it was perfect and it sounded perfect during the show. The rest of the show seemed to fly by. I kept finding myself making every effort to look at her, and that smile kept me going. It was almost like I lived to see her smile. During intermission I called Trace, he said that she'd almost gone to the bathroom right before I started singing the song but he managed to get her to stay. My plan was working; she was falling for me just as hard as I was falling for her. Little did she know I had one more surprise up my sleeve for her tonight.

 

After the show I was getting compliments left and right on the song. I'm actually thinking about keeping it in the set list for the rest of the tour. I walked into my dressing room and saw her sitting on the couch with a bottle of water in one hand while her other hand was busy with the dogs. She really has won the dogs over, and that to me is a notch on her list of good things. If you don't love my dogs I can't love you. Buckley had his two front legs up on her lap and was licking her face, while Brennon was lying next to her on the couch getting his head rubbed. The only two things that they weren't allowed to do, jump on people and be on furniture. She let them get away with way too much.

 

"HEY!" I yelled, and they both immediately got down when they heard my voice. Brennon laid down on the floor by her feet and Buckley came running over to me. "You know you're not suppose to jump on people buddy," I said kneeling down and letting him lick my face.

 

"Now this brings back some memories," she said now standing in front of me, "except this time I walked down here willingly."

 

"Hey," I said standing up and giving her a kiss, "did you enjoy the show?"

 

"Is that even a question?" she responded, "Justin that song...it was...it was beautiful. And the flowers. God you are amazing. Thank you so much."

 

"Those words in that song...it's everything that I've wanted to say to you but couldn't find the words for. You mean the world to me baby, you really are my answered prayer."

 

"Justin..." was all she could say before she literally leapt into my arms. I walked over to the couch and sat down with her in my lap and her arms wrapped around my neck. "I don't know how I got so lucky," she said while kissing my neck.

 

"You think you're lucky now? Just wait until later," I said.

 

"Justin Timberlake! Are you implying things of the sexual nature?" She asked smirking.

 

"Actually I was referring to a surprise, but now that you mention it you may not be receiving that surprise until much later tonight."

 

"Another surprise? Justin you're spoiling me."

 

"No you, " I said pointing to her and putting a stern look on my face, "are spoiling these dogs. No jumping, and no furniture got it?"

 

"But they're just so cute."

 

"I know they look cute, but deep down inside they are the devil."

 

"Fine, no jumping and no furniture."

 

"Now let's go home," I said throwing her over my shoulder and walking to the door. Just then my phone started to ring in my pocket. I put her down and answered quickly. I was told that her surprise would be arriving later then expected which was now music to my ears because I wanted to get her back to the hotel and rip her clothes off.

 

"Who was that?" she asked with a curious look on her face.

 

"Oh just someone with information about your surprise that will be arriving later then expected. Which means if I remember correctly from back in the car earlier, since I did everything I was suppose to today and even apologized to Rachel, you are suppose to follow through with something."

 

"You're a freak."

 

"You love it."

 

***

 

Back at the hotel we ordered room service and ate dinner in bed. She asked me a lot of questions about the tour and my plans for after. Truthfully, I had planned on camping out in my house in LA for a good two months and only coming out if there was an emergency, but since I had met her, I couldn't imagine not spending every free moment with her.

 

"Funny you should ask," I said shoving my last piece of pie in my mouth. "I was actually just talking to Rachel about this in the car on the way to the venue. Tour ends in a week, you're out of school in a week, so I was thinking if you wanted to I could fly you out to LA until the fall semester starts."

 

"You always seem to forget about work Justin. I can't just not go to work for two weeks."

 

"Yes you can."

 

"Oh I can? And how do you know this?"

 

"Because I called them yesterday and requested it off for you."

 

"No you didn't! Justin you can't just call me out of work like you're my mother. I'm not 10 years old it doesn't work like that in the real world." She was now pointing at me with her fork.

 

"Babe, calm down. I told them that I was giving you a late birthday present and taking you on a surprise trip so you wouldn't be able to call out."

 

"And what they were just okay with it?"

 

"Well no, but I did talk to your boss, what's her name again?"

 

"Jacqui."

 

"Yes, Jacqui. Talked to her and found out that she is a HUGE Justin Timberlake fan so I told her I had some connections and I could hook her up with an autograph if she gave you the time off."

 

"And of course she fell for it because she is obsessed with you."

 

"See, everything is taken care of."

 

"You know you can't do this all the time. Just because you're Justin Timberlake biggest pop star in the world and I'm your girlfriend doesn't mean you can bribe people all the time so that I don't have to go to work or class. You get this one time."

 

"Okay okay I promise," I said. "I know about what I'm going to do after that too, do you want to hear it?"

 

"I'd love you," she said with her mouth full of watermelon.

 

"I'm taking two months off and living in Boston."

 

"YOU'RE DOING WHAT?!" she screamed and I thought her eyes were about to pop out of her head. "I'm sorry I thought you said you were living in Boston for two months."

 

"Yep, you heard me right. I've always loved Boston and I have friends there. I was going to take time off anyway, so why not spend it in Boston so that I can be closer to you?"

 

"Babe, you can't rearrange you're life and your living situation just for me. I'm not going to be able to do a lot with you anyway between school and homework and work. I know that you wanted to just go home for two months and just be a hermit, don't let me stop you from doing that."

 

"You're not stopping me. I want to. I want to be close to you even if I can't be with you all the time. I can't stand to be 3,000 miles away from you when I know I don't have to. If I was working and had to be away that's one thing, but I can do anything I want with this time and I want to be close to you. I won't bug you I promise I'll let you do your thing, I have friends there so I'll keep myself occupied, I just want to know that you're not across the country and I can be there for you if you need me, and you'll be close if I need you."

 

"You're a sweet talker you know that right?"

 

"I'm really good at getting my way," I replied moving the tray table off of her lap and onto the floor before straddling her legs and kissing her mouth. I wanted her so bad and I knew for a fact that she wanted me too or else I wouldn't be pushing this. I saw her looking at me with googly eyes at rehearsal. I even saw her wipe sweat off of her forehead at one point. And in the car on the way there, that smirk on her face could only mean that she was thinking about having sex with me. Not to mention the fact that my pants were thrown into a pile on the floor with my shirt, her shirt and her bra in a matter of seconds. I unbuttoned her jeans as I placed small kisses down her entire body, and just as my mouth got to the top of her jeans she let out a small moan. I pulled her pants off and threw them in the building pile and she pulled me back up to her mouth. I felt her hand wrap around me and I couldn't help but let out a moan. She took my hand with her free one and put it where she wanted it, where she was craving it. She was so wet and it was taking every ounce of me to not put myself inside of her right this minute. I pulled her hand off of me while I reached into the drawer next to the bed for a condom. I was about to rip the package open when she stopped me.

 

"Justin wait."

 

"What's the matter? Are you okay? We don't have to do this if you don't want to," I said now concerned that she might think I pushed her into this too fast.

 

"No no...I want to...clearly," she said letting out a small laugh, "there's just something I need to tell you first."

 

"What is it?" I asked lying down next to her and rubbing her back.

 

"Sorry, I probably just killed the mood but there's just something you should know before we do this."

 

"Baby what is it?"

 

"Well," she said looking off at the wall behind me, "You see...It's just...Well I've..." she started twirling her thumbs and couldn't look me in the eyes. I took her face in my hands and made her look at me, trying to let her know she could tell me anything.

 

"It's okay babe, you can tell me anything I promise."

 

"I've never actually willingly had sex before. After everything that happened I just didn't think I could handle it and never put myself in a position where it would come up, so I probably suck at it and you're going to hate it."

 

I was a little shocked at what came out of her mouth. That was something I totally wasn't expecting, but it didn't change anything for me. "Marissa no middle name Mitchell," I said locking my eyes with hers, "you will not suck at it, and I definitely will not hate it, and if you don't feel like you're ready for this it's okay."

 

"No I'm ready for it, I really am," she said, "I just really want it to be as good for you as it is for me and I guess...I guess I'm just scared it might trigger a flashback or something and I don't want to hurt you or anything."

 

"Well go slow," I said, "and if you feel like you need to stop, just tell me and I'll stop. I promise you that I will not hurt you, and if something hurts stop me. I won't let you hurt me okay? And this will be amazing for both of us. I will make this special for you...trust me," I said before softly kissing her lips.

 

"I trust you," she whispered.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Positive," she said pulling me back on top of her.

 

The mood was not lost by our little conversation. Within five minutes I had a condom on and we were about to have sex for the first time. I looked down at her and she was ready, I could tell that she trusted me and she wanted it, but suddenly I became really nervous. I didn't want to trigger a flashback or hurt her, and I wanted this to be amazing for her. I slowly slid inside of her making sure I kept an eye on her face so that I could see any signs of pain or discomfort, there were none. I was going slow, apparently too slow for her because after a few minutes she looked me in the eye and practically begged me to go "faster and harder." I did as she asked and soon after her moaning got a lot louder and I watched her eyes roll into the back of her head and her body quiver in ecstasy. She pulled my face to hers and practically threw me on the bed so that she could get on top of me. I don't know why she would think that she would suck because she was on the total opposite end of the spectrum.

 

After about an hour of the greatest sex I've ever had in my life, she had had countless orgasms and I literally thought my entire body was going to explode with mine. She had her head on my shoulder and her arm wrapped around my torso. This was heaven to me. If I could have laid  there for the rest of my life I would have and after twenty minutes of silence except for the sound of our heartbeats she told me the most amazing thing anyone has ever said to me before in my life.

 

"Justin..."

 

"Yeah baby."

 

"That was perfect. Thank you for understanding and for being incredibly good in the sack," she laughed.

 

"That was pretty perfect, and I don't know why you would ever think that you would suck because you were fucking incredible."

 

"Thanks," she said kissing my chest. About 10 minutes later I was halfway awake and halfway sleeping. I heard her say my name but I didn't have any energy left to answer her, then I heard the words I'd been praying for. "I love you Justin Timberlake, with all my heart, and all my soul. I am in love with you." She kissed my mouth and nuzzled back into my arms. Inside I was flipping out but I knew she didn't mean for me to hear her so I let her think I was sleeping. She loves me. Mission complete.
Chapter End Notes:
Love it or hate it let me know!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj love proposal