Story Notes:
I have story ADD. I realize that. I've had this in my head for awhile and thought I'd give it a shot. Let me know what you think! <3

         

 

         “My shoes! I need my fucking shoes!” I screamed to no one in particular as I ran around my house.

         “They’re right here Jules, relax sweetheart,” Brent, my lifesaver/assistant said with a smile as he held up my black pumps.

         I took a deep breath and held my hands out to collect the pumps, “Thank you. I’m just not feeling it today.”

         “Everything is under control. There’s nothing to worry about. The samples will be in tomorrow.”

         “They were supposed to be in today,” I reminded him.

         “Well sure, but they didn’t come in so we move on. There’s always tomorrow. No rush.”

         I don’t know what I’d do without  him. He seriously is a therapist and assistant along with so many other things combined. Would you even believe I found him on Craig’s List? Turns out that website is good for something, besides random murders.

         I took a deep breath and ran my hands through my hair, “I’m stressed,” I whined.

         “I know you are sweetheart but tonight is supposed to be fun.”

         “Fun?” I laughed. Sure, in theory this party is supposed to be fun; a release party for some unknown musician who is supposed to expolde. The problem is this unknown musician is going to be wearing my fucking shoes because one of my best friends did styling on her first video shoot. I know it’s confusing, and it’s not really, I’m just too stressed to even think about it.

         When I finally got myself straightened out I made my way outside to the car waiting for me. It was then that I checked my blackberry to see I had a missed call.

         “Hey Babe, it’s me. I’m so so so soo sorry but I’m not going to be able to go tonight. I really, really wanted to go and I just went to finish up Phaedra’s make-up but I feel so fucking sick. This whole being pregnant thing sucks, I swear. I wish I could go. You’ll have fun without me. And call me in the morning, as soon as you wake up. I’ll be up. I’m so sorry! I love you! Bye Jules, good luck.” That would be Mel, my best friend since kindergarten. We were always partners in crime, we both moved to New York City after we graduated high school. I went to Parsons for fashion school and she went to Arrojo Cosmetology School. She usually does make up for blockbusters but for some reason she’s been working with this new musician, Phaedra, who is supposed to be the next big thing. Anyway, Mel was wearing a pair of shoes I designed and Phae fell in love with them. Long story short, she wants to wear my shit.

         And now I’m going to this release party without my Mel.

         I know when people grow up things change. I get that. It’s just so fucking annoying that she had to go and get knocked up. Sure, I’m happy for her. She’ll be a great mother, but she’s 27 and we still have our whole lives for that. Now it’s ruined cause she had to go and get pregnant.

         When the car stopped in front of the club I showed my pass and walked down the red carpet. I always hate these things because obviously no one cares about me but they still make me stand in front of the wall with the album cover plastered all over it. It’s like when you go on a cruise and they take your picture before you can get off the damn boat and enjoy your time in the Bahamas. Luckily I was so late there were only a few cameras left.

         I made it inside the club and let out a sigh of relief before making my way to the bar and grabbing a drink.

         “Heeey,” I turned around when I heard the voice and plastered a fake smile on my face. That’s how it’s done in this city, everything is fake.

         “Hey, how are you?” I asked before we air kissed, so our makeup wouldn’t be ruined.

         “I’m so good. How are you?” Paris Hilton asked continuing before I could answer, “I was like, oh my god is that Jules? I haven’t seen you in like… forever.” It’s really been about a month maybe. We both live in Los Angeles, we both hit the parties, our paths cross.

         I grew up with that whole group, you know, Paris, Nikki, the Kardashians. They made my life a living hell all through elementary and middle school. Believe it or not I used to be quite shy and awkward. It wasn’t until high school that I started being a bitch right back at them. At that point we were pure enemies. But now, we’re “grown up” and although I’d be completely happy to look the other way whenever I see her she has this need to always come up and say hi. I most definitely don’t trust her, but I guess it’s good to keep her close.

         “Your shoes are so fucking hot, when am I going to get a pair?” she continued. There’s also the fact that she likes the shoes I design. I’m sure that has a lot to do with the reason why she’s been so overly friendly these past couple years.

         “Soon hopefully, the samples should be coming in this week.”

         “That’s hot. I’ll totally wear them on the red carpet, I’d totally help you get them out.”

         “Cool, thanks. I’ll see you later.” I definitely don’t want her to wear my shoes on a red carpet. Thanks, but no way. Also, fuck her for thinking I need her help. I don’t. I already have plenty of distribution options that I need to sort out.  I had to walk away because there’s only so much of that girl I can take. I will get myself in trouble. 

         I headed to the bathroom and stopped in the hallway so I could call Mel. “Hey. How are you feeling?”

         “Fine, I’m fine. I’m throwing up every fucking hour. I hate this shit. Don’t get knocked up. Ever.”

         I laughed at her advice, “Don’t worry, not going to happen.”

         “How’s the party?”

         “Good, fine.  Just saw Paris.”

         “Ugh, why is that bitch everywhere? Have you seen Phea yet?”

         “No, I just got here really. I’ll go look for her now.”

         “K yeah, she looks good. She had the biggest fucking zit, oh my god. It was like impossible but ya know, I worked my magic and you can’t even see it.  tell me if you can see it, alright? She better not be all sweating and shit,” Mel paused to laugh, “I’m such a bitch. Call me in the morning, k?”

         “Will do. Take care, chill with the puking. Love you.”

         “You too, bye doll.”

         I placed my blackberry back in my purse and went back to the party. The second I walked out Phae found me. I’ve only met her once but she seems like a cool girl. She definitely says what’s on her mind so that makes her cool in my book. I hate all the fake bitches in this damn city.

         “Hey Jules! You made it, I’m so glad.”

         “Of course. I’m excited for you, congratulations. Are you nervous?”

         “Yeah, fucking nervous. There’s so many people here and like huge names and I’m going to play my cd for them, that’s fucking crazy.”

         “No way, they’ll love it. They’ve already heard some of your shit or they wouldn’t be here. Don’t worry.”

         “Yeah, I guess. Mel couldn’t make it, did you talk to her?”

         “Yeah, she was really pissed she had to go home. Being knocked up sucks.”

         “I would imagine,” Phae laughed, “Shoes are hot though, thanks.”

         “Oh yeah,” I said as I looked down at her feet. They are hot, I love those fucking shoes. “They look great on you. Sexy.”

         “Yeah, right. I love your designs. I want more,” she laughed, “I’m obsessed with shoes.”

         “Aren’t we all? I’ll totally get you more. I’m getting a bunch of samples hopefully tomorrow.”

         “Oh yeah, let me know. My manager’s got be on a bunch of shows in the next month. I need shoes, let me know and I’ll wear them, give you a shout out on the air. They’re comfortable too!”

            I laughed, “For sure. You have my card, call me anytime.”

            “Thanks Darling. I’m going to give you a fucking hug and a kiss like real fucking people do,” she laughed.

            “I know, this city is insane,” I laughed and gave her a quick hug, “Good luck I’ll see you later.”

            I stopped at the bar to grab another drink before heading to sit at an empty high top. I’m contemplating if I should stay or go home. I am kind of tired and this whole fucking day has just been complete shit. Although I do know a lot of people here I don’t really feel like being all fake and pretending I’m interested in their shit when I’m not.

            “Hey,” I looked up to see Justin Timberlake standing in front of me with a smile.

            “Hey,” I answered back, not exactly sure what was going on. I’ve seen him around, how could anyone not? But I’ve never really met him.

            “Can I sit?” I nodded my head, “I’m Justin.”

            “Yeah, I know,” I answered.

He chuckled and threw his head down. “Ok, and you’re Julie , we can play it like that.”

“Play like it that? How do you know me?”

“I know everything.”

“Oh, alright,” I laughed and rolled my eyes, “Have we met before?”

“No, I’d remember that. I’ve heard all about you and your shoe line.” I nodded my head and he smiled. He’s got a really hot smile. I think we should skip all the chit chat and get out of here. “So how do you know Phae?”

“She’s wearing my shoes, you?”

“She’s on my label.”

“Cool.”

“Yeah, she’s crazy talented. I’m looking for an opening act too so I thought I’d come check it out.  Gotta snatch her up quick, she’s not going to want to be an opening act for long,” he chuckled and ran his hands through his short hair. He’s fucking gorgeous. “Anyway, enough about her. I’ve heard great things about you… and your shoes. Is your line purely shoes?”

“Handbags too but focusing on shoes to start.”

“Right, that’s cool. We don’t do shoes, William Rast, my line, ya’know?”

I nodded my head, his line. Like he has anything to do with it. I don’t know much about William Rast, I admit. What I do know is it’s casual, mostly denim. I’m also pretty sure that he has absolutely nothing to do with the designing of  anything. I’m sure he thinks he does because he goes into meetings and says he wants it to be “southern American” style and suggests they put a flag on a shirt. Then three months later he sees a t-shirt with a flag on it and he thinks he designed the thing.

“Yeah, my shoes aren’t really casual.”

“No, not at all.  Have you always been interested in fashion?”

“Yeah, since I was a kid,” really? Is he really going to ask me about all this shit?  “Do you want to get out of here?”

He laughed before looking to see that it wasn’t a joke then looked me over and looked around the room, “Yeah, yeah, let’s go.”

“I don’t have a car, I’ll have to call.”

“I drove, it’s cool,” he said as I followed him to the door where he stopped.  “They’re going to take pictures.”

“OK.” What does that mean? “What do you want me to like, cover my face?”

“Yeah, yeah cover your face.” He answered handing me a poster, “I mean it doesn’t matter to me but I really don’t think you’ll want your face all over…”

“Yeah, no thanks” I grabbed it from his hands and followed him outside.

Justin laughed, “There’s no one even fucking out here.”

“Thank god,” I laughed and threw the poster to the ground before getting into his car that was waiting at the door.

As he drove away I placed my hand on his thigh, slowing moving it up, “So, are you good friends with Paris?”

            “No,” I answered quickly.

            “No? I saw you talking to her.”

            “We’re not friends. We went to school together. Never friends though. She just wants my shoes.”

            “Everyone wants your shoes, huh? I’ve heard great things about your shoes.”

            “Yeah, thanks. Can we not talk about this?” I asked as I moved to unbuckle his belt.

            “Yeah, sure we can talk about something else,” Justin jolted away, “Are you hungry? I’m hungry.”

            “I’m hungry for your…”

            “Big Boy? I mean… not Big Boy, that sounds like I’m talking about… In and Out? Want a burger?”

            What is wrong with him? He suddenly got nervous like he’s 15 and I’m the first girl to get close to his zipper. “A burger? Are you serious?”

            “Yeah, I’m hungry.” He said as he pulled to the drive-thru, “What do you want?”

            I took a deep breath and leaned back in the seat, “Grilled cheese and fries- Animal Style.”

            After he ordered he pulled into a parking lot and handed me the grilled cheese. He took a deep breath and grabbed a fry, “So… have you lived her your whole life?”

            “I…” really don’t understand what’s going on. I don’t get it. When I asked if he wanted to get out of here I obviously didn’t mean because I’m hungry and want a fucking burger. “I guess, yeah.  I was born here and stuff but I went to Parsons in New York for fashion school and then spent some time in Europe.”

            “Oh that’s cool. What was your area of study there?”

            I watched as he took a bite of his burger. I would love to be in his brain right now. I don’t understand why he’s pretending to  have interest in my life, this never happens.  “Fashion design, with an emphasis on shoe design.”

            He nodded his head and finished chewing before he spoke again, “Where in Europe did you live?”

            “I spent two years in Paris and a year in Milan.”

            “That’s awesome. I’d love to live in another country for a couple years. Do you travel a lot?”

            “Uh… not as much as I used to. I’ve been busy with the whole designing thing.”

            “Yeah, of course,” he chuckled, “It’s all about work. We work so much in this damn country. We’re lucky to be able to make a living doing what we love to do.”

            I nodded my head and finished my sandwich. “What about you?” I asked because I felt like I needed to, not because I really care.

            “What about me?”

            “Where are you from?”

            “Tennessee, right outside Memphis.  I lived in Orlando for a while then moved out here. I still say I’m from Teneessee though, I still say I live there. I’m just here in LA because it’d be a crazy commute to work every day,” he laughed at his own joke. Oh god.  “Nah, but it’s not so bad here. I leave when I can’t handle in anymore. It’s good to be able to have a break.” I nodded my head, “You ready?”

            “Yeah,” I answered as he drove away. fucking finally, I thought this bullshit get to know eachother conversation was going to last forever. Why on earth does he want to get to know me before he fucks me? And if he’s going to get to know me, you’d think he’d be more interested in something more exciting than where I was born. It does not make sense.  

 

 

“So… this is it?”  He asked as he stopped in front of my house.

      “Yeah, this is it. My house,” I unbuckled my seatbelt and looked over at the man next to me. He didn’t turn off the car, or make any movement to do so. I ran my hands through my straight blonde hair and fixed my light blue strapless dress. Why is he just looking at me like an idiot? “Aren’t you coming in?”

      I mean, that’s kind of the point, isn’t it? When a girl says, ‘want to get out of here?’ it’s usually not just code for can you drop me off at the end of my driveway and go home.

      He took a deep breath, ran his hands through his short brown hair and licked his lips, “Yeah, I… should probably get home.”

      WHAT?

      My mouth dropped open and I didn’t even try to close it, “Are you serious?”

      “Yeah, I just…”

      “Do you have a girlfriend? Cause I really don’t care, I’m not…”

      “No, no it’s not that,” he broke in before I could finish.

      “OK… then…. What the fuck?”

      “I just… it’s late and I have long day tomorrow so I should get home and try to get a couple hours of sleep.”

      Never in my life has this happened to me. Never. Especially not in a dress like this. There is something seriously wrong with this guy.

      “I’d love to take you out sometime though,” he continued.

      “You’d love to take me out?”

      “Yeah. A real date, we could get some food and…”

      “We just got food,” I reminded him.

      “Real food, not fast food eaten in a car,” he chuckled, “Come on, give me a little more credit than that.”

      “Give you credit? I don’t even fucking know you!”

      “Exactly. Which is why I’m asking to take you out and we can get to know each other.”

      I took a deep breath and whined, “I don’t want to get to know each other.”

      He chuckled again and licked his lips. Why does he have to be so damn sexy? “Alright, well…I’d like to get to know you.”

      “Is this like… a joke or something?”

      “A joke? No. I’m just… I’d like to get to know you, you seem like a cool girl.”

      “I am a cool girl.”

      “Yeah, I know. So can I get your number and I’ll call you sometime?”

      “No! You’re out of your fucking mind! Really? It’s now or never. You can come into my house and fuck me or you can go on your way. I’m not looking for a date. I don’t date. I don’t want to date. I don’t want to go get dinner. I want to fuck. That’s it. Can you handle that, or not?”

      He looked down at the steering wheel as if it was telling him what to say. “I just… need to get home.”

      “Right.”

      “It’s nothing personal Jules, it’s just…”

      I laughed at his excuse. It’s nothing personal? Then what the fuck is it?

      “I’d really like to call you though, can you give me your number?”

      “No! You’re fucking crazy if you think you’re going to get my number. What are we in middle school?” I got out of his Escalade and slammed the door before walking up the driveway. Seriously? I don’t even understand what just happened. I’m a little drunk, not that drunk, it’s not like I’m a fall down drunk that doesn’t know what I’m doing. We’re in fucking Los Angeles, why guy in this city gets offered to fuck a hot girl and says he has to go home because it’s late? I mean, really, this guy? You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me!

      I couldn’t find my keys in my bag and of course didn’t keep my front light on so this is going to be interesting. Justin drove into the driveway, shining the light at the door so I could grab my keys. I looked back at him after I unlocked the door. He smiled and gave me a quick wave.

      I flipped him off.

      Fuck my life.

     

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story