Author's Chapter Notes:
Whoa. I know. Enjoy. Sorry if it sucks. lol

 

I’m so nervous, why am I nervous? My hands are all sweaty and I swear my heart is beating in my throat.  As we walked to the restaurant I saw Justin standing out front and jogged to get to him before my brothers.

“Hey, how are you doing?”

“Hi, I’m good. It’s good to see you,” I said like an idiot as he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a pretty amazing hug.

“You too, are you alright? You look nervous, don’t be nervous,” he squeezed me tighter.

“I’m not nervous,” I lied.

Justin chuckled as he gently let go of me, “Alright. Me neither.”

I took a deep breath as my brothers approached and Justin placed his hand on the small of my back. As much as I hate to admit it, I’m nervous as hell but his hand on me like that makes me feel a hell of a lot better.  “OK Justin, you know Jake and this is my other brother Johnny.”

“What’s up man, nice to meet you,” Johnny said as he shook Justin’s hand before turning to me and laughing, “Look at you, getting all nervous and awkward around him. That’s so cute, Jules.”

“I’m not all nervous and awkward, shut up!”

“You are,” Jake added with a quick chuckle, “it’s adorable. We’ve never seen you like this before Jules.”

I hate them. And they wonder why I didn’t want to have them meet Justin yet. They can’t be serious.

“He is dreamy though Jules, just like you said he was.” Johnny just keeps on going.

“I did not say he was…” I turned to face Justin, “I didn’t say you were dreamy.”

“So you’re saying he’s not then? That’s rude.”

I took a deep breath and turned back to Jake “I’m saying I did not say that, stop starting shit,” I turned to Justin to continue, “The word dreamy has never come out of my mouth. Don’t mind them, they like to be complete assholes and make my life miserable.”

I grabbed onto Justin’s arm and pulled him inside the restaurant after giving my brothers a death glare. I hate them, really though.

“Please ignore them.”

Justin laughed and placed his hand back on the small of my back, “They’re fine, they’re your brothers.  You should be used to it by now.”

“I am used to it but… you’re not.”

“Oh, I’m used to it. Don’t worry, relax.”

Why does everyone think I’m so nervous and unable to relax? I’m fine. I don’t care. I mean I care… ok, whatever, I’m nervous. But usually I hide that really well. For some reason, for some fucking reason everyone sees through it today.

“Do you come here a lot?” Justin asked before grabbing onto my hand as we followed the hostess to our table in the back garden.

“I used to, I haven’t been in awhile. It’s Jake’s favorite restaurant so of course he’s gotta go as soon as he gets back.”

“How long were you gone for?” Justin pulled a chair out for me and asked Jake.

Johnny gave me a look at I sat down and I rolled my eyes, making sure he could see it. Sure, I don’t date a lot and I sure don’t bring the guys around but he doesn’t have to act like it’s the first time I’ve ever dated a guy that pulls the chair out for me.

 Ok, so maybe he is the first guy I’ve dated that pulls the chair out for me.

 Whatever.

“Six months. It was cool, quite the experience. But I missed our little Jules oh so much.”

I’m done trying to make them stop being such obnoxious brothers. I’ll just ignore it and then maybe they’ll stop. Probably not, but I’ll try anything.

I watched as Kev walked out to the garden, with Mel following behind. They both look annoyed, like they could kill each other. Honestly, if this kid does not pop out of her soon I wouldn’t put it past her.

“She’s in a mood, watch out.” Kev said as he made his way to the table, hugging me and shaking everyone else’s hands. “Save us Jules, you’re our only hope.”

I laughed as I stood up to give Mel a hug, “How are you doing sweetie?”

“Oh, fantastic,” she answered sarcastically and sat down without acknowledging anyone else at the table. She took a deep breath and looked at everyone, “Sorry we’re late. Some fucker,” she glared at Kevin, “didn’t feed the dog because, god forbid, he actually do something on his own. It’s not like I’m 8 months pregnant and can’t bend down to tie my own fucking shoes, I’d love to bend down and feed the dog your fucking mother thought would be a good practice for having a baby.” Mel grabbed the menu and opened it for a second before putting it down and starting up again, “Who does that? I mean seriously? When you went home and told your mom you got me pregnant she thinks we’re not ready and we need to practice with a puppy first. No shit we’re not ready! What does she think we planned the damn thing? And even if we did, why the hell would you buy us a puppy to deal with, like I don’t have enough shit to deal with.”

Justin placed his hand on my lap and when I looked up at him he smiled.  This could be awkward but he seems to be used to Mel already. I swear she’s not normally like this. My brothers tried not to laugh and Kev just looked through his menu, ignoring her completely.

“This could have been you, Jake. I know you’re really kicking yourself for letting this one get away.” Kev said, still looking at the menu.

That was the point my brothers lost it. Jake and Mel dated back in high school. They hardly dated. Mel had the biggest crush on him and he wasn’t really interested in anything other than basketball or soccer. She finally talked him into being her boyfriend, in the freshman year of high school sort of way.

“No, it wouldn’t be Jake because his mother isn’t a fucking idiot and would never have bought us a fucking puppy. A lab too, the craziest dog in the history of dogs.” She took a deep breath to calm herself, “Anyway, sorry. Good to see you Jake, I’m glad you made it back in one piece.”

When the waitress came to the table Mel was up to it again, “I want my dessert first. The chocolate lava cake with soft serve vanilla ice cream.”

“The ice cream isn’t soft serve, it’s home made though,” the waitress said with a smile, the poor girl doesn’t know what she’s getting herself into.

“Right, that’s fantastic but I want soft serve.”

“It’ll melt, because the lava cake is so hot.”

“Oh yeah, true. Ok then, I’ll have it on the side.”

The waitress smiled again, “We don’t have soft serve.”

“Great, well there’s a Baskin Robins right across the street and they do.”

“Mel,” Kev spoke up before apologizing to the waitress, “I’m sorry. I’ll go get the ice cream, just give her the cake.”

“Ok, that’s unnecessary, but whatever.” Mel rolled her eyes. She really is like the devil. It’s scary.

“OK, so you want that first? I’ll bring it out with the salads?”

“No, because I want a salad and I’d like that when you bring out the salads. Obviously. So I want it first, like I said, before you bring out the salads.”

Kev took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair, “Can you just bring it first please? Without ice cream, I’ll go get it. She’s fucking crazy, I’m sorry. It’s beyond my control.”

“Don’t talk about me like I’m not here!”

“Oh, you’re here Mel, everyone in a three mile radius knows you’re here.”

I turned to Justin as Kevin spoke and whispered in his ear, “I’m so sorry. She’s definitely not usually like this. I bet you’re wishing you told my brother you had to work, aren’t you?”

“Nah,” he laughed and placed his arm around the back of my chair, “It’s fine, I’m just wishing I had some popcorn.”

I laughed but stopped when Kev stood up and left the table, and a few seconds later Mel did the same, both going in different directions.

“Whose bright idea was it to invite them?” Johnny broke the silence, causing everyone to laugh.

“That girl has gone crazy,” Jake answered.

“No she hasn’t, be nice,” I laughed, “She’s just like… stressed. Ok, and crazy, she’s crazy. I’m going to go make sure she’s ok.”

I made it to the bathroom as she came out of the stall, “He’s so fucking rude. I’m sorry we were yelling. I know your brothers were just meeting Justin. Kev is such a fucking idiot.”

“It’s ok, try and calm down though.”

“He’s so fucking stupid. I mean, seriously what is wrong with him?”

“He’s trying Mel, you just need to relax.”

“I’m just never going to have sex again. If I knew this could happen by having sex I would have never have done it. They should tell people this shit.”

“Tell people you can get pregnant by having sex? I’m pretty sure that’s kind of…”

“Oh shut up! Not you too. You know what I mean. Ugh. You’re so lucky you’re not having sex. Seriously, don’t ever have sex.”

“OK, thanks, you’re really loud. Look, I know everything is driving you crazy but try to control yourself. It can’t be good for that little fucker when you’re so angry and stressed out.”

“Good maybe it’ll make it pop out faster. God, I can’t wait for this shit to be over.”

“I know sweetie, it’s almost over. Try to go easy on Kev; it’s not his fault. And he’s here, that’s worth something. He could have run away. Now come on, we need to go back out there. I can’t leave Justin alone with my brothers for too long, who knows what they’re doing to him.”

 

Luckily Mel managed to act like a human being for the rest of the afternoon. I really hope that kid pops out of her soon, although who knows if that will make her better. Then she’ll be staying up all night with a crying newborn. God. I need to get her a nanny for a baby shower gift. I foresee many years of the crazy Mel.

My brothers, on the other hand, seem to really like Justin. I don’t know why that’s important to me. I mean, obviously they’re going to like him, what’s not to like? Ugh, there I go again.

After lunch my brothers, Justin, and I headed back to my place. It wasn’t until nine when Johnny finally left. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love my brothers more than anything. It’s just that I kinda want them to go away now.

I poured Justin and myself a glass of wine before sitting on the couch next to him. “Did you want some wine Jake?”

“No,” he laughed and stood up, “I’m going to head to bed. Thanks for coming to lunch man.”

“You don’t have to leave,” Justin said as he shook my brother’s hand.

“Nah, I’m tired. I’m still screwed up with time zone shit.  I’ll see you later. I’ll let you know when we play ball again.”

“Yeah man, give me a call.”

“Goodnight Jules,” Jake smiled as he pulled me into a hug, “Behave yourself.”

“Night Jake,” I rolled my eyes and fell back on the couch, “So now you’ve meet all my family.”

“Except your parents.”

“Yeah that’s… not going to happen.”

“Ever?” he asked with a crooked smile.

“You don’t want to meet them.”

“I don’t?”

“No,” I said as I crawled on top of him, “Shut up, stop talking about my family.”

“You brought it up,” he laughed.

“Shh,” I placed my index finger over his lips before kissing him gently beginning our make out session, what we do best. I hate to complain, because honestly making out with him is pretty amazing, but in all seriousness we’re not fifteen. I’m a twenty five year old woman and I have fucking needs. Why is this enough for him?

He rolled me over so he was lying on top of me and slowly slid his hand up my shirt. I moved my hands and unbuckled his belt causing him to pull away and look right into my eyes for a few seconds before finally speaking, “I should get going.”

“No, no I’m sorry. You don’t have to leave, don’t go. Please?”

“Your brother is…”

“In bed, sound asleep. He’s still on African time. Please stay? You’re absolutely killing me.”

Justin chuckled before standing up and buckling his belt, “It’s getting late. I have to be in early tomorrow.”

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck, “you could stay a little longer.” I kissed him gently and ran my hands down his body, stopping at his belt, “I owe you one, remember?”

“You do owe me one,” he laughed and move my hands around his waist, pulling me closer to himself, “I have to go now but… I had fun today Jules. A lot of fun. Thanks for introducing me to your brothers and letting me into your life a little bit. I know that’s a big deal for you.” he placed a finger under my chin and kissed me again before letting out a sigh, “I want to stay so bad.”

“Then stay.”

He’s actually thinking about it, we’re making progress. He smiled before pulling me closer and kissing my forehead, “How about Friday? Are you busy?” I shook my head, “Perfect then. Friday night come over to my place. I’ll make dinner and…” he paused to chuckle, “I’ll make it up to you. All my bullshit that absolutely kills you will be worth it. I promise it’ll be worth it.”

I think he just said we’re going to have sex on Friday.

“Alright?”

“OK,” I nodded my head, unable to say much of anything else.

“OK,” he laughed and grabbed onto my hand, “Walk me out?”

I walked outside with him and stopped at his car where he wrapped his arms around me one more time. “I had fun today. Thanks for coming.”

“Of course, I had a great time. Thanks for letting me. Really Jules, I know it was a big thing for you, so thanks.”

I nodded my head and smiled, “I’ll see you Friday?”

“Yes, you sure will.”

“Will you text me when you get home?’

Justin nodded his head and kissed me one more time before getting into his car, “Have a good night Jules, sweet dreams.”

I waved as he drove off before making my way to my bed where I fell down like a teenager just getting back from her first date ever. Justin meeting my brothers went well, I don’t know why I was afraid of it. It’s just weird for me to have my family meet a guy. That’s never happened before.

“Are you alone?” Jake knocked on the door before opening it slowly.

“Well jeez, are you really going to open it before I answer?”

He laughed and fell on the bed next to me, “I heard his car leave.”

I nodded my head, “What’s up? I thought you were tired.”

“Really? Because I thought you wanted me to get the hell out of there and leave you two alone.”

I laughed, “So you did get the hint!”

“Of course,” he laughed, “I’ll be out of your hair soon. I’m looking at a couple places tomorrow.”

“It’s ok, I like having you here.”

“I bet,” Jake rolled his eyes, “Seriously though, Justin… he’s a good guy.” I nodded my head in agreement. “You don’t usually date good guys.”

“I don’t usually date.”

“That’s true,” he laughed, “So are you admitting you’re dating him?”

“I guess.”

“How cute. Alright, night Jules.” Jake got up and headed towards the door.

“Good night? That’s it?”

“Yeah, I was wondering how long it’d take for you to admit it. I’m surprised you gave in so easily, but happy because I am tired.”

“Get out of here!” I laughed and threw a pillow at him.

“He’s a good kid, I can tell he makes you happy. And he’s a good ball player too. So try not to fuck it up, alright?” he threw the pillow back at me, “Cause ya’know, if it comes down to it I’m gonna have to pick him. You can’t shoot 3s like he can and that’s really what it comes down to.”

I laughed and flipped him off, “GET OUT!”

“Goodnight Jules love you!”

“Yeah yeah, goodnight! I love you too! I’m glad you’re back.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story