Author's Chapter Notes:
Awesome feedback! Thanks guys! Here's some more <3

 

“Good Morning Sunshine,” Brent’s cheerful voice woke me up, “Get up Sleepy Head, it’s morning. Rough night?”

I moaned when he opened the curtains and let the sun fill my room. I hate mornings. “What time is it?”

“9:30 get up.”

Finally I managed to remove the blanket from over my head, and looked to see his smiling face holding out a mug of coffee, “I’m up. Lay down with me,” I moved the covers before grabbing the coffee so he could lay down, “Thank you.”

“How was last night?”

“Fine,” I don’t want to get into it; I want to forget it ever happened. “What’s on the schedule for today?”

Brent grabbed his Blackberry from his pocket, “I was assured that the samples are going to be here by eleven.”

“K, good. I told Phae that I’d give her a couple other pairs before she leaves on Sunday so I need to get some stuff together.”

“Oh, great. She’s too cute.”

“Yeah. You should have come last night!”

“I know right, but Ry got home late and had to wake up so early and was not in the mood to do anything.” There seems to be a patter with guys and the need to wake up early today.

“Boyfriends are a pain in the ass,” I answered. Not that I know much about boyfriends and relationships but I know from my friends who have boyfriends that they suck.

“No they’re not,” Brent giggled, “OK, back to the schedule lunch with the girls at 2. They’re coming here.”

“Oh yeah, good.” I can’t believe I forgot my girls are coming for lunch. There are four of us in our so-called click. Kristen, Ashley and of course Mel and I. We met the other two when we were in school in New York, in fact we were roomies since the first night we moved there. Spending four years in an apartment with three other girls either makes you best friends for life or fast enemies. Luckily we all clicked from that first night.

People used to compare us to the Sex and the City girls. Honestly, that always annoyed the shit out of me.  The only thing we have in common is that we’re four females. I hate that show. Anyway, although we used to spend 24/7 with each other things have changed, people have grown up. We always manage to get together at least a couple times a month.

Now that Mel’s knocked up and Kristen’s planning her wedding we’re not exactly hitting the clubs a couple times a week. Ashley is now my only club buddy.

“Did you ever get the vodka?”

“Of course,” Brent answered, I don’t know why I even bother asking. Of course he got it, he’s always a step ahead of me. “And I ordered lunch too, I’ll go pick it up right before they get here.”

“You spoil me, thanks Brent.”

“Of course Darling. Get up and take a shower, we have work to do!”

 

~*~*~*~

 

“I’m early!” Mel shouted as she walked in to my office. It’s just like her to make an entrance wherever she goes. “I’m early.”

“You’re early!” I shouted back and moved away from my drawing desk.  “How are you?” I gave her a hug and placed my hand on her tummy, “How’s your little fucker?”

Mel laughed, “I’m good, the little fucker’s good.  How are you? Amazing, right?”

“Amazing.”

“Good. Last night was good? Way to call me this morning.  What the fuck happened? How was her zit?”

“Her zit was hidden, relax.  It was nice, Phae looked great.”

“Of course she did,” Mel smiled, she’s so modest it’s unbelievable, “How was the party?”

 “Good, it was good. I left kind of early but…”

“You left early?” Mel giggled, “So that’s why you didn’t call me this morning, alright. Who did you leave with?” I took a deep breath and threw my head down, “Who?”

“Justin Timberlake but…”

“Shut the fuck up!” she screamed, she literally screamed.

“Calm down, it was definitely nothing to write home about.”

“He was bad? Bullshit, I don’t believe it.”

I laughed, “No. OK. So we were talking and I asked if he wanted to leave. So he says yes and then says he’s hungry and stops at fucking In and Out for a burger.”

Mel laughed and followed me into the kitchen where she grabbed a carrot from the vegetable tray, “So, he was hungry.”

“Right. He was hungry.  Then he dropped me off. Stopped the car at the end of my driveway and dropped me off. Didn’t get out of the car. Didn’t take his fucking seatbelt off. Just said he was tired and had to get home.”

“What the fuck?”

“Thank you! Who does that?”

“Well maybe he thought…”

“He didn’t think anything,” I answered for her, “its bullshit. He acted like he never had a girl near him in his life. He fucking jolted when I tried to unbutton his pants.”

Mel giggled at that, “What the fuck? I know for a fact that he’s had girls unbutton his pants before.”

“Thank you! Bullshit.”

“”Well what did you say? I know you didn’t just leave.”

I laughed and shook my head, she knows me well. “I don’t even remember. I was pissed. I was just like, are you serious? And he kept saying it was nothing personal he was just tired or some other bullshit. OH! The best part! He wanted my number and said he wanted to take me out on a real date cause I’m a cool girl and he’d like to get to know me. What the fuck? Are we in middle school?”

Mel laughed, “Aww, well that’s kinda cute.”

“CUTE? What the fuck? It is not cute. What has gotten into you?”

“It is kinda cute. He’s hot.”

“He is hot,” I agreed, “Which is why I…”

Mel’s giggling broke in before I could finish, “Jules, he’s hot. You should date him.”

“Nice logic.”

“I’m just saying he’s hot. I know you don’t date but like… he’s really hot.”

“You should date him then,” I rolled my eyes and poured myself a glass of spiked lemonade.

“I would because… ya’know, he’s hot. I just have this weird feeling that he wouldn’t be too interested in dating someone already knocked up with some evil douche’s little fucker spawn.”

I poured her a class of plain lemonade, “Aww, come on, Kevin isn’t that bad. He’s hot; at least your baby is going to be gorgeous. It could be way worse. Imagine if Kyle knocked you up? Then your baby would probably be real stupid, an asshole, AND he’d have a crooked nose.”

“He’d have a crooked dick too if we want to be honest.”

I almost choked on my lemonade, I was laughing so hard. “You’re horrible.”

“It’s true,” she smiled, “Very true. Stop changing the subject. Just go out with the guy. What’s the worse that can happen?”

“I’m busy, I have a lot to do.”

“Whatever die alone.”

“Fuck you.” I laughed as I heard the door open while Kristen and Ashley made their way inside.

It is most definitely good to see these girls. I still see Mel all the time but not the other two. Kristen went to Columbia for journalism and is currently working at Cosmo Magazine. Ash on the other hand went to NYU for performing arts and just recently got a gig on the new 90210 show. So we’re all living pretty hectic lives.

Just as we finished lunch Brent came into the living room, holding a huge bouquet of flowers. “Special delivery.” He smiled placing the flowers on the table, “Jules.”

“Who sent you flowers?” Ashley shouted.

“Jeez Ash, don’t be so surprised,” I answered with a chuckle, “Do you guys want any more food?”

“Justin Timberlake!” Mel answered for me, ignoring my question completely. “I bet you a million fucking dollars it’s from him.” she grabbed the card, “Jules, It was great meeting you. I hope you’ll let me take you out sometime. I think we could have a lot of fun. I’ll talk to you soon. Justin.” she giggled, “GO OUT WITH HIM!”

“Aww, that’s kinda cute,” said while playing with her fork.

“Cute? It’s kinda dorky, honestly. I mean, sure go out with him but seriously? It was nice meeting you? What did you go on a job interview or something?” Kristen laughed. It’s true. So fucking true.

“Thank you. It’s a little much. I’m not exactly a flower girl.”

“Give him a chance, gosh. You don’t need to be so anti dating Jules. You’re getting old. Go on a date with him. He’s hot.”

“I love how that’s all of your solution. Go out with him cause he’s hot. You’re a bunch of superficial little whores.” I said as I grabbed the note from Mel.

“And you’re just figuring that out now?”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

When my phone rang later that night I didn’t recognize the number. I usually don’t answer the phone if I don’t know the number but it’s not like people ever get my number so I decided to go for it. “Hello?”

“Jules?”

“Who is this?”

“It’s Justin.” seriously? “I hope you don’t mind me calling I just…”

“How did you get this number?”

He chuckled, “I promised not to give away my source.”

I took a deep breath and laid back on my bed, “Ok… why are you calling me?”

“I wanted to know if I can take you out some time.”

“No.”

He laughed again, “No? That’s it?”

“Yup, that’s it. I mean, it’s nothing personal or anything I just…” I used his excuse from the night before.

“Ahh,” he laughed, “It’s not anything personal. Obviously, since I’m calling you now and asking to take you out. I didn’t mean to be disrespectful or anything last night. I can explain if…”

“Oh please, explain.”

“Alright. I’m just trying this new thing where I don’t hook up with girls I’ve known for an hour. I mean, in some parts of the world that’s considered normal, or a good thing, not something to write a guy off completely for.”

“I don’t date.”

“Ok. We don’t have to call it date if that helps. “

I really don’t understand him.

“Did you get the flowers?”

“Yeah. I don’t like flowers.”

Justin chuckled, “There’s no winning with you, huh?”

“I mean they’re pretty. I’m just not the kind of girl that falls for flowers.”

“Alright, fair enough. So how about next Thursday?”

I laughed, “I’m pretty sure I said no.”

“See the thing is, Jules, I’m really persistent. Now I have your number and I know where you live so…”

“Wow. Stalker much?”

“I could.” He laughed, “I could stalk if need be. I hope it doesn’t get that far but…” he paused. He’s funny. That’s worth something I suppose,  “Dinner. If you hate me that’ll be the end of it. If you don’t give me chance then… well I guess I’ll have to turn into a stalker.”

“Dinner… what kind of food?”

“Whatever you want.”

“Ok, fine. Dinner. But you have to pick where we go. And I better like it. I’m really picky.”

He chuckled, “Alright. I’ll do some research then. Is Thursday alright? I have a really busy week, lots of work to do, but I can probably change my meeting on Wednesday to Thursday night if Wednesday is better for you.”

“Thursday is fine.”

“Cool. Alright. So I’ll pick you up Thursday at around 8?”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

“Fine?” he chuckled, “You sound so excited.”

“I am,” I answered sarcastically.

“Well I am. We’ll have fun. I’ll make sure.”

“Alright,” I laughed.

“Alright. Thanks Jules, I’ll see you Thursday. Have a good night. Sweet dreams.”

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story