"So I should do another A minor?" Justin asked, two days before the talent show.

"No, it's fine," Jenna assured.

Justin looked over at Jenna who was very much enjoying her Dr. Pepper. They'd decided to enjoy the after noon on the park-like green behind the center. It was surrounded by well trimmed hedges and flowers that hid the low voltage electrical fence they'd put up to keep people from leaving the property. They weren't fooling anyone.

Suddenly Justin felt like a he was in Jurassic Park but as he sat studying Jenna's comely face, he didn't feel so incarcerated. He bit his bottom up. "I feel like it's missing something."

"It's not missing anything, you're over thinking it hun."

"You think?"

"Yea, it'll manifest itself soon enough."

"The talent show is in two days."

"You'll be fine." He sighed. "Dr. Pepper?" Jenna offered.

"Yea sure."

"Justin Timberlake?" A center volunteer called from the back doorway.

"Yea?"

"Phone call."

He turned to Jenna and gave her a peck on the cheek before getting up. "If they'd have let me keep my cell phone, I wouldn't have to be leaving you right now."

"Bastards," she said and pouted.

Justin chuckled and jogged into the building for the phone. "Hello?" he asked jovially.

"J?" It was Britney. His heart skipped a beat and his voice caught in his throat.

"Hi," he choked out.

"Hey baby, it's Brit. What's up?"

He looked out the window to where Jenna was sitting. "Nothing. What's up with you?"

"Well, I was thinking about this whole situation and...Justin, I really do love you. You mean the world to me and the past few weeks have been so horrible for me." He could hear the pain in her voice as she spoke. "I love you too much to not be with you so I want to be together again. Just promise you'll come see me as soon as you come out."

"I'm not sure I can. I love you Brit, you make my life worthwhile but I don't know if I'm enough of a man for you yet. I need to get myself together so I can be the best boyfriend to you that I can."

"I don't need a perfect boyfriend J,"

"No but I need to be as perfect as I can. For me. Just give me time."

"You've had time. If you loved me you'd either get back together the way you are or you'd break up."

"If you loved me you wouldn't make me choose. I need this for me
Brit."

"The past month has been for you." She was shouting now. Shouting and crying. "I can't do this with you Justin. I...I have to go."

She didn't even wait for a response before hanging up. Were they together, were they apart, or had it stayed the same? Justin had no clue. He leaned his forehead against the wall and hit it a couple of times with his fist.

"Justin are you okay?" Jenna asked and spun him around to face her.
She placed his head on her shoulder and held it there until he raised it on his own. "Who was it?" she asked and looked into his eyes. "Was it your mom? Is something wrong?"

He shook his head. "No." he leaned against the wall and pulled Jenna close to him. "It was Brit."

Jenna's face filled with concern. "What'd she say?"

"I'm not sure. We were just arguing about whether or not to get back together. She wanted to, I didn't."

"Justin, you've been wanting her back since you got here, why.."

"I'm not the man I used to be. Not physically, not mentally...I need to straighten my shit out first, you know?"

Jenna's face fell a bit. "Yea but well, I like you the way you are. I don't know you any other way."

"I know but this isn't me."

"I see."

"Mr. Timberlake? Miss Davis?" the volunteer interjected, "Dinner."

They both nodded and set out for the cafeteria. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So your ankle is better?"

"Yea, just about. It aches at night sometimes but that's it."

It was 10:30 pm by now and Jenna and Justin had spent the entire day together. They only had one full day before the talents show and the next day was the day Justin got discharged. It was bittersweet for Justin but for Jenna it was just bitter. She'd probably never see him again and even if she had the opportunity to, she would refuse. It would be too hard to meet up with him again only to realize that he was no longer the man she'd met at Orangedale ,but someone else. When Jenna came to her senses she felt Justin's lips skipping along her neck, slowly moving down. She stopped him when he got to the nape of her neck. "What are you doing?" she asked and raised his face to hers. The lust in his eyes was undeniable. So much so that it caught her off guard. His hands moved slowly up her thighs as he softly kissed her lips. "JUSTIN!" Jenna screamed and pushed him away.
He stopped his advance long enough to explain. "I have made such a connection with you Jenna. It's like I've known you forever."

"And what, now you want to 'know' me in the biblical sense?" she half joked.

He smiled. "I just want to complete that connection. It's like a circuit, I want us to be connected through an experience we'll never forget."

"This already IS and experience I'll never forget J." There was silence. "And, what about Britney?"

"Why do you keep bringing her up?"

"Because I don't want you to do something you're going to regret."

"I won't," Justin said and started kissing her again.

"J, I don't think this is the greatest of ideas."

He sat back with a loud sigh. "God, I haven't has sex in eight months just please, work with me here."

Jenna could help but laugh. "Eight months?"

"Stop," he whined as she pulled him toward her. He rested his head on her shoulder and played with the bottom of her shirt. "I'm sorry," he said, his libido having cooled off a bit.

Jenna rubbed his head in response before furrowing her eyebrows. "Wait, eight moths ago weren't you."

"Well, I gotta get it from somewhere and Lynn and Jamie don't leave anything up to chance so."

"Who?"

"Jamie and Lynn Spears. Brit's parents. Whenever we're out together they have someone watch us. Like they're baby-sitting. They swear it's for security purposes but it's not because every time I even wink at Brit in a suggestive way they're all over me."

"So you just have sex with other girls?"

"Well I...what can I do? I'm a 21 year old man."

"And. you sleep with other girls but you kiss me once and you're freaking out about how you're cheating on her?"

He looked her full in the face. "Yes because those girls mean nothing to me, there're just toys but I care about you. I'm not making sense am I?"

"No, you are."

He put his head back down. It's not that Jenna didn't want to have sex with Justin, after all, who wouldn't? But she couldn't shake what he had said earlier about how he wasn't who she thought he was. She didn't want to, using Justin's words, make that kind of connection with someone who may not exist in a few weeks. She ran her hands along his 5 o'clock shadow and looked at his digital clock. 11:00, lights out in a half hour and she still had to shower. She kissed his forehead and told him she'd see him tomorrow. She knew that one day she would kick herself in the ass for leaving Justin horny and moaning her name but she also knew that if she didn't, she'd feel the same way in the morning. She shook her head as she exited room 22. Interesting she'd caught the irony in that. Leaving Justin in room 22, alone.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: rehab