INTERLUDE (INTRO)
Do you ever get the feeling that someone is watching you? That someone, out there, is writing the chapters of your life, catching you by surprise every step of the way?

I’ve felt that way for quiet sometime, more so this past year.

Last year I was on top of the world. I couldn’t fathom the thought of feeling the way I feel at this present time. I would have laughed hysterically if you would’ve told me that everything that occurred this past year was to be MY life.

I was content with my life, not to say that I’m not content now, but I thought I have everything I needed in life at the time. I had the two best-est friends a girl could ever want. I had a wonderful, caring and not to mention gorgeous boyfriend. And most importantly, I finally let my best friend convince me into recording an album. He promised to make me a star and for the record, he did. Somewhat.

I was lucky enough to know certain people and had gotten a record deal in a ridiculous manner. Over the phone. Although I know that while I can sing, like there is no tomorrow, I have my best friend, Justin, to thank for my “luck”.

Yes, Justin Timberlake, ladies and gentlemen, is one of my best friends in the world. Now, before you go all ballistic and start drooling over the above named. Let me just tell you that Justin Timberlake might be to you, a sex symbol, a God, perhaps the man of your dreams but to me he’s an arrogant, big headed……

Hold up!!

I’m not liking where this is headed, not one bit. Don’t let her change your personal opinions of me because……

Don’t you think you should introduce yourself, dumbass?

You know, I’m really starting to reconsider this whole thing. Do you see how she treats me? Just because she knows that I ….

Is that your way of introducing yourself?

I wasn’t done talking, besides I didn’t hear you introduce yourself either, Jojo.

If you would just sit down and keep you mouth shut, just long enough for me to tell these people who I am, maybe I would. Now shut up!!

Seriously, do you see what I mean about the way she treats me? I’m going to shut up now, not because she told me to but because the Lakers are on and I need to watch the game.

There is a God!! I swear he can be such an…..

Oh by the way, in case you didn’t figure it out already. I’m Justin. We’ll be talking later, I’m sure. That is if she shuts her trap long enough. I better go because right now she’s giving me the infamous stare and to be honest, it’s scary. Bye!!

Anyway, back to what I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted. What was I saying? Oh yeah, I was going to tell you about how Justin Timberlake, the so-called pop icon, isn’t right in the head. I was going to tell you how he managed to turn my life upside down and then when he was done with that, he did it again.

Remember that person I mentioned at the beginning of our conversation? The one that writes the chapters in our lives? My life is written by an alter ego of sorts, my live conscience, my guardian angel, perhaps. Her name is Lynn and because I trust her with my life, I’m going to let her tell you all about my life and more specifically this past year.

So on to Track One (Justin’s idea. He says my life is a soundtrack)

Oh wait.

I get caught up sometimes and forget things. You can blame that entirely on my best friend, who is laying on the sofa, bare-chested (my reason for getting caught up) staring intently at the basketball game on his sixty-three inch television.

What was I saying? Oh, Justin was right. (For once). I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Amanda Reyes, new artist of Jive Records.

Okay Lynn, go ahead. Do your thang, girl!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story