Author's Chapter Notes:

Hehehe! Inspiration struck today so there is going to be two new chapters up. Both flashbacks. This first one (Chapter 3) is from Justin's POV. Next chapter should be up tommorow. Enjoy!

Flashback: Justin's POV. April 2003. 

 

“Hey, we got the package you wanted. The cake won’t be ready for a few more hours. Something about it being very detailed and so last minute. Yeah, Yeah, of course I told them we would pay double. He said he would still need more time. Of course, it will be perfect. Just chill out, man! She’s going to love it either way! I’m hanging up now. We will be there in five.”  Justin hung up his phone with exasperation. 

“Fuckin’ kid is losing his mind over her party. He can tell us all he wants that it’s just a “phase”. BULLSHIT! Sexin is written all over his face. They might not be yet, but YET is the operative word.”  He throws his cell toward the back of the car, not particularly caring where it lands. 

“Don’t you think one of ‘em would have said something by now? I mean, Fuck, we’ve known each other for years. Ya figure someone would slip up eventually. I gotta say Cal’s been actin real fuckin strange around us lately.

 

Come to think of it, she all but eye fucked him when we had dinner last week. And the way she’s been dressin lately. Daisy dukes, skirts, and the heels. Coming up with every excuse to be in the studio with him. “Learning purposes,” she says. Yeah, and my dick’s the size of Ron Jeremy’s.”  Trace laughed at himself.  

“Could you even imagine man? Cal. And. JC. But maybe that is what tonight is all about for him. Maybe he’s throwin her this lavish 25th birthday cause he’s gonna make his move.”  Trace looked over at Justin, who was cracking up. 

“T, are we talkin about the same dude? He don’t make the first move EVER. Hell, Bobbie had to practically jump his ass for him to even try. He’s shy around females bro. The more he’s interested, the less he tries. Fear of striking out. But…..Maybe. I mean, you’re right. It would definitely explain a lot of the shit that’s been going on.” 

Justin sat there staring out the window for what seemed like an eternity to Trace.  

“J? What you thinking man?” 

“Nothing dude. It’s just, it’s Cal. And JC. Cal is our sister. My mom all but gave birth to her. And , C, he’s our bro. So, if something is going on, it might end REALLY BADLY. For all of us. They are both sensitive types. Plus, it’s Callie. You know the deal with that.”  Justin put his hand behind his head and started rubbing the back of his neck nervously. 

 

“I don’t get you man. Are you worried cause you are afraid of them hurting one another? Or are you just pissed cause you never took your chance when you had it?”  Trace had hit the nail on the head, but Justin wasn’t quite ready to admit it to himself. Or anyone else for that matter. 

 

“Look, let’s just get the rest of the shit and get back. We don’t even know if anything is happening between them yet. Oh! By the way, we have one more stop to make. Turn around!” Justin commanded Trace. 

 

“I can’t make a U Turn here. It is six lanes of highway!! Where do you have to go that’s so fuckin important?” 

 

“Jakob’s.”  

 

“You can’t be fuckin serious J?! That’s on the other side of L.A.! What the hell are you gonna buy her at Jakob’s? An engagement ring? I mean, FUCK. She’s our friend. Not your wife.” 

 

“She’d make a fuckin hot ass wife though, wouldn’t she?” He closed his eyes and visualized her walking around his house with nothing on but his jersey.  

 

“Your heads up your ass, you fuckin flake!” Trace was PISSED, to say the very least. 

 

“Chill out T. I’m not buyin her a damn engagement ring. There was a watch she was eyeing the other day when I bought my chain. It will look great on her.  She’s gonna love it.

 

Plus, it’s not just ANY old birthday. She’s turning 25. That’s a rite of passage. Look at the party she threw us for our birthdays. We gotta make it up to her. Especially since she’s kept our little secret from Vegas. I  OWE her BIGTIME! Cause if that shit ever got out, we would be fucked.” 

Vegas had been an experience that was for sure. None of them remembered much of their nine day stay at the Bellagio, but what they did remember they all kept to themselves. If it ever leaked to the press or anyone at Jive or WEG their careers could be in jeopardy. And the paps would eat it up. That was the last thing anyone wanted, so they all agreed before they got on the plane. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! And it had. Thank god. 

Still Justin couldn’t help but think of Cal. And that week in Vegas. And the gold bikini she had worn with her white gladiator wedges that tied up her leg just above her knees.  That was when he knew he felt more than a friendship with her. He was starting to fall for her.  He had known there was some type of connection between her and JC, but he couldn’t put a label on it. They had been friends for so long that it was hard to pinpoint exactly what they shared.  He had planned on talking to her about it during the week, just to see if she might have felt the same. But then again, nothing that week had gone as planned. 

But she had kept the secret for them. So he was going to help throw the biggest birthday bash in the world for one of his closest friends.  No matter how he felt about her romantically he would put that aside for now and just focus on her party.  

Besides, Cal couldn’t really be falling for JC could she? He’s so clumsy. And boring. He plays with yo-yo’s for christ sake. Nah, there wasn’t anything going on between them. There couldn’t be. Trace was just overanalyzing everything once again. She wouldn’t love a guy who wears socks with sandals. Totally not her type.  

“Maybe I’ll get her the matching ring too, just because.” 

“You’ve expired your day pass J. I think its best we take you back. NOW!” 

“Fuck you, Moose. It’s only a present or two. Nothing more. Now let’s get this shit done. We still gotta make it to the valley and pick up her cake, and make it back before six so we can help JC set up. You know you’re going in to get the cake, right?” 

“But of course, master, we wouldn’t a mass riot that included death by frosting, now would we?” Trace snorted. 

“One of these days, man! I’m telling you! Hey, call Jakob and ask him if he can meet us at the private entrance. I don’t need two million screaming girls and half of L.A.’s paps wondering why I’m buying jewelry.” 

“Are you sure there’s nothing more to this? Like tryin to get in Cal’s pants?” 

“Motherfucker, I can get a piece of ass any damn time I want. It’s not about that. I’m just trying to make sure her birthday’s special for her. That’s it. Period. Got me?” Now Trace was working his last nerve. 

“I’m sayin, it wouldn’t be the first time you t…..” Trace suddenly got cut off by Justin. 

“Shut your mouth right fucking now. She’s our friend. We’ve known her since we were little kids Trace. What the fuck are you so concerned for anyways? Don’t you love her like she’s  family? ANSWER ME!” Justin barked at Trace and pounded his  fists into the dashboard. 

“Of course I love her like a sister, you retard! That’s why I’m so fucking concerned. Now, calm the fuck down, we are almost at Jakob’s place. You'll go in, grab her gifts, and then bolt  We can drive to the valley. I’ll go get the damn cake and we can blow this coke stand. Aight? You cool?” 

“Yeah. Just fuckin drive, biotch. I’m straight. Let’s just drop it.” He let out a defeated sigh before admitting to himself that Trace had been right. About everything. He was just being too stubborn to admit it. And he resented Trace for bringing it all up. Especially the snide remark referring to Vegas.  

Justin started playing with the radio, trying to find something good that might make his mood happier. Commercial. Commercial. Oh great song, I haven’t heard this in awhi….Are you fuckin serious? Okay, I guess it was a goddamn commercial after all. Commercial.  

“This is Samantha Taylor with your afternoon traffic report. We’ve got bumper to bumper traffic on the 405 West. Sorry if you’re unfortunate enough to…..”  Click. Apparently, Samantha was done talking.  

“No shit, SAMANTHA, we are FUCKING IN IT!! Grrrr…….” 

Trace pressed the mute button on the radio. “Dude, shut up. I’m on the phone waiting for Jake or Carolyn. They have to get some security at the private entrance. They’ve had a lot of celebs in there today, I guess.” 

“When he comes back just tell him I want the necklace, watch, and ring we had discussed last time I was in. Carolyn knows which ones. She’s the one that showed them to Cal when we went in there. Tell him to box and wrap em, and ask Carolyn if she can be a doll and write out a nice card.

 

 

I want it to say…”For the Girl….” 

Trace didn’t even let Justin finish his sentence before cutting him off again. “Don’t dude. MAJOR cheese ball issues going on there!” 

“I wasn’t gonna write that you Putz! Fuckin listen to me for once.  Have her write, For the Girl who stole second base, and then stole my heart. Happy 25th Birthday! Love Always, Your JuJu.” 

“Aww, you want me to see if she can throw in a box of heart shaped chocolates too, Nora Roberts?” 

“Get your face fucked Trace.” 

“You first, pal o mundo!” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave your comments, reviews, or feedback. I really appreciate it. Can't wait for the next chapter EEEK!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: presync jc justin