Author's Chapter Notes:
HOLY DUCT TAPE,ROBIN! lol So here is the chapter I have been promising. Again, flashback. This time in JC's POV. I loved writing this one so please leave feedback. Thanks!

Flashback: JC’s POV April 2003 

“She’s coming! Quick, turn off the lights! Trace..Trace!! Get down or she’ll see…everyone be quiet, here she comes.” I  shushed everyone to silence. Then we silently waited for Cal and Trish to come through the door. I could see through the black tinted windows just barely. They had gotten out of Trish’s car and stopped to talk to Craig who was outside on his cell.

Great distraction. 

Trish kissed Craig hello and hugged him like it was the last time she was ever going to see him. They had been together for over two years now. Trish just started the search for their first place. Craig was cool enough to hang but there was something about him that felt-off. He was always the person in the group that was too touchy feely. I was never sure if he was more interested in Cal or Trish. The way he looks at Cal sometimes, and touches her when they are having a conversation is enough to make my skin crawl. I think he might be settling for Trish because Cal doesn’t really acknowledge him all that much. With her career taking off right now she barely has time to pee, never mind paying attention to her best friend’s boyfriend and his slight infatuation with her. Sometimes it’s hard for me to believe that Craig and Trish have lasted this long. And poor Trish. She is head over feet for him and he doesn’t even realize what a great woman he has because he’s too busy chasing Cal around.

I have tried talking to her about it but she is very forgiving and this is the most serious relationship she has ever had. It saddens me that one of my best friends is willing to settle for someone that only loves her with half his heart. But what can I do?  Either way, it isn’t really my problem other than having to put up with the guy’s antics. And knowing eventually she will realize how he treats her and I will have to be there to help pick up the pieces.

But I can’t think about that right now. Tonight my focus needs to be entirely on Callie. She looks so beautiful. I think what makes her stand out from so many other women is that she is naturally gorgeous.

Personally, I think she looks her best in blue jeans and her white cowboy boots with hardly any makeup on. She’s one of those women that when you saw her on the street you would turn your head and do a double take. Not like any of the women in the business today. Most of them were entirely plastic. Not Cal. Nothing on her was unnatural. Not even her breasts, which were sitting quite nicely inside her denim jumpsuit.

“Here she comes….on the count of three. ONE. TWO. THREE.” “SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!” Everyone had yelled so loud that it was echoing off the walls and lingering long after we had yelled it. 

“Ohhhhhhh! You GUYS!!! You…You’re…..I friggin LOVE YOU!” Cal was having trouble speaking. She was stunned. We completely surprised her. She hadn’t suspected a thing. She took a deep breath before she adjusted her eyes from the sudden burst of light. She rubbed them a few times before she reopened them to focus on the room. She looked to her left and right. Then she rubbed her eyes again in disbelief. The entire ballroom had been transformed into a castle theme. There was a wooden gated archway, made entirely of balloons, which led out to the dance floor. The walls were lined with dark red and purple velvet drapes. There were matching tablecloths and napkins on all the tables in the dining area.  Even small scrolls had been placed at each table for seating arrangements. The lighting was gorgeous. White and yellow lights filled the space above them, shimmering against the darkness of the room. Someone had even gone to the trouble of placing a throne at the top of the steps that led out to the terrace. It was a kingdom designed entirely for her. She was speechless. She stared in amazement for a long time. Her eyes welled up with tears now.

“You guys shouldn’t have done this. It’s too much. Really. I. I don’t deserve all of this. I can’t…..I’m. Thank you so much. All of you. It’s beautiful. Something straight out of a Hollywood fucking set.” Everyone laughed. Including her. That was Callie though. One minute she is the most humble and grateful person you have ever met, and the next minute she is swearing like a truck driver. That constant contradiction of herself is what made me want her in the first place.

Cal was wiping her tears away now. And everyone was starting to gather around her to say their” hello’s” and “happy birthdays.”  A group of people from Jive were chatting her up and passing the drinks around. I headed over toward the DJ to see what he had in his collection. I was rifling through his playlists when Justin and Trace came up from behind me.

“We totally got her man. She didn’t expect it at all. Great team work ya’ll. Did you see her face? HAHA! Priceless.”  Justin snorted.

“No, J. I gotta disagree with you there. Callie’s reaction was wonderful. But dude, PRICELESS, was when your dumb ass got Punk’d by Kutcher. THAT was Priceless!” Trace was now slap happy. And even I had to admit that he was right. Justin’s Punk’d episode was by far the funniest. They even took his dogs and he was crying on his front steps. HILARIOUS. I high fived Trace. “Good one!” I exclaimed. We were both rolling.  But honestly what did Justin think would happen after so many years of pranks and goofing off?

“Shut Up! Seriously, Shut the hell up! Okay, you’re both right. He did get me. But I really thought they took my dogs and I was never gonna see them again. I’ve had Bella for eight years. And Dax really did break that fake guitar they had. Mine was signed by Willie Nelson you ass. Do you know what I would have done if they had smashed it to pieces? Damn. What would ya’ll have done if it was your personal shit? You would have been pissed and emotional. Just like I was when it happened.” Justin threw back the rest of his Jack & Coke. 

He looked over at Cal who was still really busy schmoozing people left and right.“Do ya’ll see what Cal’s wearing tonight? She’s looking FIERCE. My lawd. I’m afraid to hug her. If I press that body against mine,there’s no tellin what I might do to her tonight. She’s been dressing up a lot more lately. Have you guys noticed the changes in her? And those heels! Oh my god! Woo! I’m gonna have to go to church in the morning!” Justin was staring down at Cal from the DJ booth. His eyes wide and ever-wondering.  He had that glazed over glow on his face. 

How could I have not noticed it before? Did I miss something? When the fuck did Justin start liking Cal in more than a “just friends” kind of way? They’ve known each other longer than I’ve known her and Trish. And it’s been a long ass time. Sure, I fell for her the moment I saw her in Justin’s kitchen. But that was different. Cal and I had always had this unrequited love between us. I don’t know what made me smack her with the spoon of brownie mix. It’s just that she made me so nervous for reasons I had no idea of yet.  

Now, after twenty or so years of friendship and this back and forth flirtation, I’m finding out that our best friend is trying to fuck her. They are like brother and sister though, which is why the mere thought of them having sex is disgusting to me. Neither of them had that kind of relationship with each other. Cal was practically his “boy”. 

I’ve waited for so long to have tonight. This perfect opportunity to let her know everything I have felt for her and then some, and I am not about to let Justin or anyone else steal it away from me. I went to a lot of trouble trying to get this party organized for her and I’ll be damned if she leaves with him tonight. Fuck that!

I walked briskly down to the bar and waved the curvy blonde with the great ass over to me. “Gimme three shots of tequila. Make one of ‘em a double please. I need a little courage in a glass.” I watched her walk away with a huge grin on her face. She had recognized me, but I didn’t care. The only girl I was leaving with tonight was Cal. And she most definitely was not a girl. She was a woman. The bartender came back with my order and I handed her a fifty and told her to keep it. She flashed me another smile and slipped me a napkin. I took it graciously because I didn’t want to insult her or hurt her feelings, but I ended up throwing it away after I drank my shots.

Here goes nothing.

I signaled the DJ for the song I had selected and walked over to Cal. I took her hand and intertwined with mine. She had been talking to Craig before I had headed her way. This guy. This guy is just all wrong. She wrapped her other hand around the front of my waist and squeezed me closer to her. Something we often did when we needed comfort. I looked into her eyes. They were a deep green color tonight. Usually they changed depending on her outfit or her mood. She has always amazed me, but something about her was magnetizing tonight. Something was different. And I couldn’t put my finger on what it was.

“You wanna dance, babydoll?” I whispered.

Right at that moment, I Need You Tonight by INXS, came over the P.A.Everyone was heading to the dance floor. Even Trace, who never dances, was being led by Trish to join us all.“I LOVE THIS SONG! Let’s hit it!” She unwrapped herself from me and we headed to the middle of the crowd. I knew the song would work. She’s a sucker for eighties and nineties songs.

All you got is this moment

Twenty-first century’s yesterday

You can care all you want

Everybody does

Yeah that’s okay 

Cal turned around and was swaying her ass back and forth against me. It was turning me on more than she knew. If she didn’t notice yet, she would soon. Especially if she keeps grinding me like this. It’s taking everything in me to not bang her up against a wall in the back of the room. But she deserves more than that. She isn’t just some cheap fuck to me. So I am trying my best to fight this. But it is only a matter of time before I will lose control. 

So slide over here

And give me a moment

Your moves are so raw

I’ve got to let you know

I’ve got to let you know

You’re one of my kind

I need you tonight

Cause I’m not sleeping

There’s something about you girl

That makes me sweat 

Everyone sang out the chorus as loud as they could. And just as I was getting used to Cal’s rhythm she would switch it up on me, which was driving me more and more wild for her. The heat that was building between us was incredible. Sweat. Lust. Need. Longing. Hot. Passion. Wet.

She turned around to face me now and draped her arms over my neck, gently tugging at my hair with her fingers. OH. MY. GOD. We started riding the wave together. It was coming soon. We both knew it.

How do you feel? I’m lonely

What do you think? Can’t think it all

Whatcha gonna do? Gonna live my life

So slide over here And give me a moment

Your moves are so raw I’ve got to let you know

I’ve got to let you know 

Cal ran her hands up the front of my chest a few times before she leaned in to whisper in my ear. “You’re one of my kind.” She purred.Holy shit. If we don’t slow this down a little, I am going to cum right here, right fucking now. I put one hand against the small of her back and bent her down gently. Cal knew what I was trying to do and shimmered her way down, and let herself linger there against me for a few moments before slowly sliding back up against me.

She wants to play a little, then so will I. After all, it is her birthday. I started breathing shallowly in her ear, then tugging lightly on the crest between her earlobe and her neckline. She was starting to pant against my shoulder. This could really happen. A smile crosses my face when I hear a moan escape her lips.  “Mmmmm.”, she cooed. So to tilt things more in my own favor, I started singing the song as close to her lips as I could get without touching them.

“I need you tonight Cause I’m not sleeping

There’s something about you girl

That makes me sweat 

So how do you feel? I’m lonely

What do you think? Can’t think it all

Whatcha gonna do? Gonna live my life”

Cal took my left hand and turned the opposite direction so she could pin her against me again. She placed my hand over the front her chest. These teasing games of hers were really starting to wear on me. She’d be lucky if I let her leave her own party in her clothes.

So slide over here

And give me a moment

Your moves are so raw

It was the last verse and everyone was screaming out the song while they were moving to the beat. The floor was so crowded that not too many people even noticed our little show for each other, which I was certainly thankful for. With the exception of Justin, who was dancing with some public relations girl from Atlantic Records. But I didn’t really give a flying fuck about his dirty looks right now. I was rock hard and Cal knew it. Matter of fact, she was loving being able to torture me like this.

I’ve got to let you know

I’ve got to let you know

You’re my kind

The song ended and we were arm in arm, heading out towards the terrace. Hormones raging. Pent up aggression. And this aching need between the two of us. Just then the DJ came on. “It’s time for presents ladies and gentlemen. Please make your way down to the dining area. And we need our birthday girl to come to her throne please. Princess Calandra? Are you with us somewhere?”

Cal winked at me with a come get me grin written all over her face. And I knew right where this was headed. “Fuck the presents! I can get them in the morning. Let’s get out of here before I’m spotted.” She threw off her shoes and took them into her hands. “Ready?” She asked shyly. But there was no sense of shyness about this unspoken decision we had just made. We were going to leave. Together. Tonight. NOW.

“Yeah, just let me go out first, ok? It will look less suspicious.” I kissed her on her forehead and headed out the terrace doors. I was lying through my teeth about the suspicion. Honestly, I don’t care what people will say about us having this moment. The truth was I had a really big surprise for her birthday present. I whistled and it pulled up just in time. Cal came out the doors just as it had stopped by the side entrance.

“Happy 25th Birthday Sweetie. A ride built for a princess.” I waited for her reaction.

“Josh. Josh. It’s perfect. How did you….I’ve never told anyo….A Horse drawn carriage? I must be dreaming this night up. Pinch me. Pinch me right now. Because if you don’t then I will have to believe this is all real. And I…it can’t be this wonderful. It’s too much perfect for one person.”I cut her off there.

“Well what would a fairytale birthday be without the carriage? Then it would be some sick imitation of a really thrown together party, and that is just unacceptable. Especially for my queen.” I opened the carriage door and reached inside. “These are for you too. Go ahead. You can open it. Nothing will bite you. I promise.”

She opened the box and almost dropped it. Luckily, my reaction time was just quick enough to catch them before they hit the ground. I took the right one in my hand and knelt down on one knee. “May I, your majesty?”

“Don’t call me that. It makes me feel like I’m inferior to you. And I am not. If anything, you are inferior to me. And, yes, you may.” She raised her leg and did her best to balance on her left foot. Then she switched feet, and I placed the left shoe on her foot.

“Your chariot waits gorgeous.” I held out my hand to help her into the carriage. It was pretty high up, a lot higher than what either of us expected. “Joshua you didn’t have to do all this. I would have been fine with a sweater and some socks. Really! You know me by now. But thank you so much baby. This is more than I could have ever wished for. And I don’t even want to know what these glass slippers cost you. They are so delicate I am almost afraid to wear them. I am a klutz with a capitol K. Why did you do all this?”

I straightened up a bit before I answered her. I cupped her face in my hands, which were trembling with anticipation. “Because I wanted it to be extra special for you. You work so hard. This year has been really long for you and you haven’t had any time for yourself. So I figured if I could give you twenty-four hours of sunrise, you might feel better again. And smile more often. And not worry so much about business all the time. That, and I,” I was stammering. I had told her I loved her before, but never that I was in love with her. There was a huge difference between two very meaningful sayings. And I didn’t want to just say them. I wanted her to feel them. To know in her heart, that there was no doubt, they were true and I meant every word.

“I,…I am in love with you Calandra. And I have been for the past, oh I don’t know, twenty years or so. I am in love with you. And I always have been. Ever since the brownie batter. And that precious and goofy wide-eyed look on your face when it happened. Haha. I love you. And I always will.” Well I put it out there. There is no taking it back now. At least she knows. Even if she doesn’t feel the same, I finally told her. I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. I was reliving that moment in my mind, over and over again, when she interrupted me.

“Joshua. I am in love with you too.” She didn’t have to say anything else. She said it all. She loved me too. She loved me back. For once, someone loved me back. And my heart soared. We kissed the first kiss we have ever shared romantically. It was breathtaking, and beautiful, and just absolutely the best feeling in the whole world. If I had a lifetime of just holding her and kissing her this way, I would die a happy man.

We left the party and were heading back to my place for the night. All the guests were roaming around searching for Calandra. But we were already headed home. None of them knew, but they would find out soon enough. Especially since Justin and Trace watched us leave from the terrace. I wish I felt bad. I really do. But I can’t because it is Cal. It’s us. And we are in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“So, where do you think they are going?” Trace asked Justin, who was pacing back and forth. “I have no idea. I’m not sure I want to know, actually. But I can tell you one thing. He just won her. She isn’t a prize or anything, but I stand no chance now.” Justin was fidgeting with the buttons on his jacket. Still pacing nervously, trying to think how the hell all of this happened.“Don’t say that, man. Hey, you don’t know. Neither of us does.” Trace was trying to comfort his friend as best he could.

“You can be so stupid sometimes. It scares me that you don’t come with a warning label. Fuck. He just took her away Trace. In a fucking horse drawn carriage. He bought her glass fucking slippers. Yeah, my watch is looking GREAT right now.” Justin was exasperated and hurt.

And all he wanted to do now was go home.

But he never planned on leaving alone.

 

~I Need You Tonight by INXS~

Chapter End Notes:
Hehe! Happy Reading.

Incomplete
Calandra Stevens is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked SUNSET also liked 232 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: presync jc justin