"One.  Don't ever point that gun at me again!  And two...."

Aubrey sat at the kitchen table, watching the Audi commercials that Justin had filmed last December.  Her brows furrowed and she felt a twinge of jealousy at watching the enthusiastic kiss her husband gave to another woman.  She tried to swallow the jealousy back, but it lodged in her throat, refusing to leave.

"No more games." Justin's character, John, finished and Aubrey pulled her bottom lip between her teeth.

 Of course, she had known that Justin had filmed these commercials--he had been named the Audi Ambassador last December and had worked on the ads while he and the rest of the guys had been on break from their reunion tour--but she had honestly forgotten about them with everything else that was going on and hadn't thought at the time to question him about the content of the ad.

Now, she wished she had.

Rachel had shown her the videos online earlier that day at the office and Aubrey had sat, with wide eyes as she watched her husband act the part of the action hero.  She had laughed at a few of the lines he had been given and Rachel had groaned, proclaiming that she could have written better dialogue for him but it was the kissing that had troubled Aubrey the most.   Rachel had teased her about the kisses, asking her if they were true to life.  Was that how Justin kissed her? Aubrey's cheeks had warmed at Rachel's questions and she had stammered out a reply leading Rachel to believe that Justin did indeed kiss her like that.

But it was a lie.

Justin had never kissed her like that before and it bothered her.  It bothered her more than she knew it probably should.  She re-watched the video again, wondering if perhaps she was being too trusting of her husband.  He was Mr. SexyBack, after all.  She should pay more attention to what he was involved in and what kinds of projects he was taking on.  Especially projects involving beautiful women. Aubrey mused, as she glared slightly at her computer screen-watching Justin's beautiful, exotic co-star instruct him where to go. 

Aubrey was so preoccupied with watching Justin's performance she didn't realize, the object of her attention had come home and was now standing behind her.  "What do you think?" He asked, startling her.  Aubrey let out a small scream in surprise and slammed the top of her laptop down in reflex.  She turned and looked at him. 

"Justin!" She exclaimed, putting a hand against her chest.  "Don't scare me like that!" She told him. 

He chuckled as he kissed the top of her head then sat down in the chair next to her.  "What do you think?" He asked again, gesturing towards her computer.  "I've been waiting to see what you think about the ads since I filmed them." He looked at her expectantly, an eager smile on his face.

"I-I, uhm..." Aubrey hesitated.

"You don't like it?" He asked, taking her hesitance for disapproval.

"No, I do." She rushed to assure him as the smile faded from his face.  "I just..."

"What?" He asked, watching her closely.  "You just...what?" Aubrey pulled her bottom lip between her teeth.    "Aubrey?" He questioned, waiting.  "Talk to me, pretty girl." He requested.  "What's going on?"

Aubrey looked over at him, her eyes meeting his.  She didn't want to tell him what she had been thinking earlier, but finally she sighed and spoke her mind.  "I'm jealous." She told him honestly.

"Jealous?" Justin asked, pulling back in surprise.  "What the hell are you jealous about?"

Without speaking she lifted the lid of her computer and pressed ‘play' on the video she had been watching.  "One.  Don't ever point that gun at me again!  And two...no more games."  She paused the video and looked over at Justin.

He was quiet for a moment, his eyes glancing back and forth between her and the computer screen.  His mouth opened and closed a few times and then, "What are you jealous about?" He asked again, confusion clouding his blue eyes.  He didn't understand.

"You've never kissed me like that." Aubrey remarked, pointing at the screen.  Her eyes remained fixed on his.

Justin lifted one brow as he looked at her.  "You should be glad about that." He replied.  Aubrey looked at him in question, her brows furrowing slightly.  "They're screen kisses, Aubrey." He continued, clarifying.  "They're not real." 

"They look pretty real." Aubrey mumbled under her breath, looking away from him.  Justin sighed and Aubrey glanced back over at him.

"Stand up." He said, scooting his chair back and holding his hand out to her.

"Huh?" She asked, looking at him.

"Stand up." He repeated. 

"Why?  I don't--"

"Do as you're told, Aubrey Janae." He said sternly as he grabbed her hand and pulled her up next to him.  "Now." He said once she was standing, looking at him in surprise.  "I'm going to demonstrate to you the difference between a screen kiss and real kiss." He told her, his blue eyes holding her completely captivated.  "Because apparently, you don't know the difference between the two."

Somewhere between sitting on the chair and having him firmly pull her up next to him, Aubrey had completely lost the ability to speak.  It wasn't often that Justin got authoritative with her over something but when he did she was left a breathless, speechless puddle ready and willing to do whatever the hell he wanted her to do.  When Justin took charge watch out!   

"This," he said, releasing her hand and placing his hand on her face.  "Is a screen kiss." He told her then bent his head and placed his mouth against hers.  Their lips met, in what to onlookers would appear to be a deep and intimate kiss, but was in reality only skin deep.  He moved his head more than he did his lips as they rested against hers and Aubrey opened her eyes as he pulled back and looked at her.  It had been like kissing her brother.  The contact was there, yes, but there was no emotion behind the kiss.  The look in Justin's eyes changed suddenly and Aubrey's breath caught in her throat as he kept his one hand against her cheek but wound his other arm around her waist--his left hand planting itself firmly on her rear end as he pulled her tightly against him.  "This," he said, his blue eyes dark and intense.  "Is a real kiss." 

Aubrey felt certain her heart stopped beating as Justin's sinfully delicious mouth descended upon her own.  His lips moved against hers in the perfect blend of softness and strength that was his own.  His tongue ran along her bottom lips, coaxing her to allow him entrance.  She let out a none-too-quiet groan as she ran her hands up his chest and over his shoulders, finally running her fingers over his short hair.  Justin took full opportunity of the situation and slipped his tongue inside her mouth.  Her fingernails scratched lightly at the sensitive skin at the base of his neck and she heard him groan in response.  Her heart was racing, threatening to beat right out of her chest, and her lungs were burning for oxygen but she didn't want to let him go and apparently he felt the same way.  She matched his pace and enthusiasm as best she could but when he tilted his head and deepened what was already an intensely passionate kiss, Aubrey knew she was lost.  She gave up and surrendered to him--willingly allowing him to have his way with her. 

She kept her arms around his neck, holding him tightly, and thrilled as he tightened his hold on her as well.  She'd known this incredible, funny, sexy, sweet, caring, charming, dedicated, loyal, hard-working, fun-loving man for a couple years now, and had been married to him for almost one, but he had never kissed her like this before.  Yes, they had shared some pretty impassioned moments in each other's arms, but nothing like this.  It was like he had been holding back this entire time and she was just now getting a taste of who he really was.  What she had assumed was passion from him in the past was merely the tip of the iceberg where he was concerned. 

A very large iceberg.

He wasn't holding anything back and Aubrey wondered if there would be anything left of her when he finally decided to come up for air.  She felt like she was going to combust at any moment.  Finally, when it didn't seem like she could last much longer he pulled back, releasing her mouth--panting heavily like he'd just run a marathon.  Aubrey struggled to open her eyes but found the task almost impossible. At last she was able to look at him, her chest rising and falling in a rhythm that matched his own.  She swallowed heavily as she continued to stare at him-wondering who he was and where that had all come from. 

"Damn, girl, I love kissing you." He muttered under his breath.  "That," he said, brushing his lips against one corner of her mouth.  "Was a real kiss." He told her, kissing the other corner.  He closed his eyes as he rested his forehead against hers.  Aubrey didn't respond-she still couldn't find her voice.  Instead she closed her eyes and just held on to him.  Their breath mingled as they both struggled to gain some control.  "If you want me to kiss you like I did in those commercials, I will." He said as he pulled back to look at her.  Aubrey opened her eyes and met his.  "Personally...I prefer the other way of kissing you better.  But I'll do whatever the hell you want me to do." He finished.  "Just as long as I get to kiss you, I don't care."

"Liar." Aubrey replied, finally breaking her silence. 

He chuckled.  "You're right." Justin conceded-a wicked grin spreading across his face.  He lifted her suddenly and Aubrey let out a gasp of surprise as he turned and plopped her down on the table next to her laptop.  "I don't want to kiss you like I did in those commercials." He admitted.  Aubrey lowered her arms, her hands coming to rest on his slim hips.  She tucked her fingers into the belt loops of the jeans he was wearing and tugged him closer-spreading her knees so he was right up against her.  Justin brushed her hair back over her shoulders then placed both hands on her face.  "I love you, Aubrey Janae." He proclaimed and Aubrey's heart skipped a beat.  She never tired of heard him say those words to her.  She closed her eyes as he kissed her--tenderly this time, his mouth moving against hers in a gentle caress. "I may have to kiss other women as part of my job sometimes, but I will never," he pulled back and looked at her.  "Never." He repeated again for emphasis.  "Kiss them the way that I kiss you." 

Aubrey kissed him then put her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.  "I love you." She whispered, her heart swelling in her chest.  Everyday her love for him grew and she knew she had made the right decision a year ago to marry him.  She pulled back and looked at him--her fingers scratching the back of his neck.  Justin let out a quiet groan and let his head fall back slightly at the action and she smiled.  "Although I may or may not start calling you ‘Capitan.'" She told him, referring to the nickname he'd been given by his co-star in the commercials.  Justin's head came forward and he laughed as he looked at her, his blue eyes sparkling.  "And I might ask you to dress up in those dark jeans, boots, and leather jacket you wore..."  She drawled with a grin.

Justin laughed again, his arms pulling her towards him as he stepped away from the table.  Aubrey's feet touched the floor again and she smiled up at him.  "Does danger and intrigue turn you on, my sweet and innocent little wife?" He asked, a mischievous sparkle lighting his eyes and a cocky grin spreading across his face.

"Possibly." She replied, with a shrug of her shoulders.  "It might.  A little."  She said holding her hand up in front of him, her thumb and forefinger a quarter inch apart.  Justin made a noise of interest as he bent down.  Wrapping his arms around her legs he straightened.  Aubrey wrapped her legs around his waist and put her arms around his neck.  Justin folded his arms beneath her, supporting her weight as she looked down at him.  "You're pretty hot stuff all roughed up, taking charge, and acting the part of the action hero." She told him. 

"Oh yeah?" He asked, grinning up at her. She nodded as she bent her head and pressed her lips to his.  "You want to go upstairs and I'll...reenact the part for you?" He asked, his mouth moving against hers.

Aubrey giggled.   "Show me what you got, ‘Capitan.'"        


Completed
azchickadee is the author of 14 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked The Next Big Thing also liked 353 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Crazy Love. The previous story in the series is Door Prize. The next story in the series is Glimpses.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story