Author's Chapter Notes:
whole bunch of dialogue. very little proofreading. oh.. and the rest of the cast added to the cast page, so yay for that! enjoy!

 

 

“What have you done?” Ellie’s screech seems to echo throughout the room and I can’t help but roll my eyes.

I’m getting really fucking bored with this interrogation thing.

Seriously… what’s the big damn deal? Justin kidnapped a girl, and nobody seemed to really give a shit. I mean, ok yeah… he got arrested, but he got out of that pretty fucking quick.

Besides, it’s not like the chick even struggled. I grabbed her when she was walking to her car, and she didn’t put up any type of fight. She let me stick her in the backseat of my car, let me tie her up.

No form of protest what so ever.

I’m not really sure if that’s good or bad. There’s some sick fucks in the world, ya know? Like, some people actually get off on that being tied up shit.

Or, maybe she was just in shock through the whole thing, and didn’t really know what to say or do.

Yeah, we’ll go with that.

“Seriously man… what the fuck were you thinking?” Justin sighs and shakes his head sadly. “I really, really don’t get this.”

Oh, that’s fucking rich. The king of bad decisions is judging me.

“Ya know… if you two are so concerned, don’t you think you should untie her or something?” I smirk as Ellie continues to scowl at me. “I could be wrong though. J… you’re the expert here, any advice?”

“Don’t be a prick.” Ellie mutters as she carefully approaches the blonde, who still doesn’t seem too worried about what’s happened.

Shit… what if she’s retarded or something, and doesn’t even understand what’s going on?

Fuckin a, man… leave it to me, I swear to Christ. I would be the one to kidnap a retarded girl.

I wonder if they extend your jail time for that. I mean… that makes it a hate crime or some shit, right?

Ellie unties her hands and eases the gag down around her throat before smiling sympathetically. “Hi… I’m Ellie. Nobody’s gonna hurt you, ok? We’ll get you cleaned up, and take you home, alright? This was just a huge, huge misunderstanding.”

The girl nods slowly, a small smile breaking out across her face.

She’s not retarded…. She’s insane. And she’s gonna fuckin kill us all.

Damnit.

“I’m Shayne.” She’s practically grinning now and I’m getting more than a little confused.

If I recall correctly… this isn’t exactly typical victim behavior. I mean, Ellie fought, tried to climb out windows, damn near broke my fuckin nose, and would scream at Justin like there was no tomorrow.

But this girl… it’s like… she just doesn’t fucking get it.

It’s shock. It has to be. That’s the only reasonable explanation for this, and once it all finally clicks, she’s gonna flip the fuck out.

I can totally handle that part though.

“Alright… Shayne… where do you live?” Ellie kneels down in front of her and smiles sweetly.

Why the hell isn’t she this nice to me or Justin? I eat the last of her cereal or something equally as stupid, and she damn near breathes fire on my ass.

“Umm…” Shayne looks around the room, her smile fading quickly. “I… I don’t… I don’t remember.”

“Ok… that’s alright. You’re upset… totally understandable.” Ellie nods. “Do you remember your phone number… or a relatives phone number?”

“Well…. No.” Shayne shakes her head. “I can’t really remember anything…. Just getting hit in the head….”

“Oh my fucking god… Trace… tell me you didn’t.” Ellie turns to glare at me.

Umm… ‘scuse me while I pick my jaw up off the god damn floor.

“I didn’t fuckin hit her!” My voice comes out a little higher than I expected and I clear my throat. “I saw her coming out of some building… I walked up behind her, covered her mouth with my hand and walked her to the car. She didn’t even fight me!”

“You sure you didn’t bump her into something?”

“Yes I’m sure! I did not hit her.”

“You can get amnesia from shock, can’t you? Like… you go into shock and get all fucked up, right?” Justin is panicking, that much is obvious.

Which is real fuckin funny, when you think about it. I may have freaked out on him a little bit, but I had his back. You’d think the asshole would return the favor.

“Look…. You both need to chill the fuck out. We’ll just sit here til her memory comes back, then we’ll take her back or something. It’ll be fine.” I shrug and reach for the remote before plopping down in my chair.

“Chill out? Are you retarded? You’ve kidnapped someone, you jackass! I didn’t realize idiocy was fucking contagious around here.”

“You’re really gonna do this now?” Justin groans and turns to face his girlfriend. “It was a fucking year and a half ago! Let it go already woman!”

“Let it go? You committed a felony! You kidnapped me. Do you not understand what that means? You could have done permanent damage or something.”

“You came back… which is proof that you’re just as fucking crazy as I am. Now… maybe I’m mistaken, but I think we have something a tad more important to deal with. Or, do you really want to harp on something that is totally done and over with?”

And they wonder why I snapped. Listening to their bickering all the damn time would drive anybody fuckin nuts.

“Sometimes, I really don’t like you.”

“You don’t like anybody.” Justin shrugs and turns to look at me. “Maybe we should just… take her back where you found her.”

“You know she’s not a lost puppy, right?” I laugh and roll my eyes. “She’ll remember something eventually. Just relax. I helped cover your ass, you can help cover mine for a little bit.”

“He’s got a point, ya know.” Justin frowns before easing down onto the couch. “Maybe we should just wait for a couple hours, and if she remembers something, we can take her home.”

“Don’t even try to bring me into this.” Ellie mutters before stomping down the hall to her bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

“So….you hungry?” Justin smiles awkwardly at Shayne, who seems perfectly content where she is.

“Nope. Did you really kidnap that girl?”

“Who, Ellie? No.. I… well… we….”

“He kidnapped her. He had a nervous breakdown because his mommy told him he needed to get laid, and he nabbed the first chick he saw. It just so happens, she’s a god damn lunatic too, so she hung around, and now they’re living happily ever after.” Shayne giggles and shakes her head in response.

I begin to flip channels quickly, praying like hell there’ll actually be something worthwhile on. I’m telling you man, TV is total shit during the day.

I finally stumble across the local channels and feel the color immediately drain from my face when my eyes land on the images on the screen.

“Witnesses say the assailant bound and gagged Ms. Burrows before shoving her into the backseat of dark blue, late 90’s Honda. The attacker is described as a white male, between 20 and 30 years of age, approximately five feet, six inches tall. If you have any information regarding this disappearance, please contact the NYPD immediately.”

“Well… that’s not good.” Shayne sighs as she looks at Justin, then me. “So, what now?”

“What now? We drop you the fuck off somewhere, that’s what now.” I jump out of my seat, immediately grabbing my car keys.

Shit… I guess we can’t really take my car, can we?


“J… can you…”

“I’ll get my keys.” He frowns and rises to his feet. “El, c’mon… we gotta go.”

Ellie enters the living room just as the alert appears on the TV again. She stops dead in her tracks and stares at the screen, her eyes growing wider with each word.

“She… she’s… she’s on the fucking news already?”

“Yeah, and that’s why we gotta go. Now.”

“I wasn’t even on the news after three god damn days!”

“Cause nobody missed your ass. Can we go before I’m arrested, please?”

It doesn’t take long before the four of us are piled into Justin’s car, heading straight for the scene of the crime.

With any luck, we can drop her off, and she’ll either find her way home, or someone will recognize her, and call the cops.

Hopefully, this amnesia shit will prevent her from ratting me out. Cause let’s face it, I wouldn’t survive prison. I’m short, I’d be somebody’s bitch in about two seconds.

“It was up here… around the corner.”

Justin nods and takes a sharp turn, before abruptly slamming on the brakes.

There are cops everywhere. Blocking the road, scouring the parking lot for evidence, running in and out of buildings.

“We can’t drop her off here. We’ll all go to fuckin jail.”

“And I am so not going to jail for you Trace.” Ellie barks, crossing her arms over her chest. “Justin, go… we can’t do this here.”

Now see… this is all Ellie’s fault. Had someone sent a search party when she went missing, I never would have thought this would work.

Yep… definitely Ellie’s fault.

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story