Azaria

After slowly closing the door behind me, I turned around to see Amir smiling from ear to ear. “What?”

“Nothing.” I didn’t want him to explain further but that stupid grin on his face had won me over to the point that I started demanding a response from him.

“What Amir? Go ahead and spit it out.” I stomped my foot when he remained quiet.

“Normally, I would have beat the shit out of any man I caught making out with my sister, but-”

“Do I want to hear this?” I rolled my eyes heavenward suddenly not liking the direction of this conversation. Amir had a tendency to take good experiences and ruin them.

But since you obviously enjoyed yourself, thoroughly-

See what I mean? “Shut up Amir!” I can’t stand his ass when he’s like this, he makes me want to beat him down. Damn, if I were just a little bit taller…I’d take him.

Despite my clear instructions to “shut the fuck up” he continued with his taunting, basking in my irritation and embarrassment. “Justin must’ve laid it on heavy tonight, huh?”

“That’s it! This conversation is over. You say one more word and I will put your ass out.” I meant it too. I loved him, but my personal business was just that, my personal business.

Of course, he hadn’t paid any attention to my threat. He just kept right on…

“Ooh Justin.” My eyes widened in disbelief at his teasing. I hadn’t remembered calling out Justin’s name. That’s just pushing it.

“ What, you didn’t think I heard the two of you? I bet Ma heard ya’ll and who knows where her ass is at.” He laughed loudly. I cringed at the fact that he found this so amusing.

“Are you done yet?” My hands ventured to my hips and remained there as I continued to shoot daggers at him.

“Yes I am.” He looked up to meet my heated gaze and all traces of humor vanished. “Aww I’m sorry Boo. Come here.” I didn’t come to him voluntarily, so he was forced to pull me to him. I turned away from his hug.

“That wasn’t funny Amir.” I was already going through my own battles and I didn’t need him laughing in my face about it.

“Hey, I was shocked that’s all. I wasn’t expecting you and him to hook up. You have to admit, it’s kind of funny. I mean, I thought you hated him.” Well things change. I hadn’t planned on almost jumping Justin’s bones like I had. It was just that after all the sweet talk; he was beginning to look very damn sexy to me and that suit he had on…Great, I’m getting worked up just thinking about him, when I shouldn’t be.

“Hello earth to Azaria.” His constant waving in my face interrupted my trance.

He smirked knowingly. “You’re thinking about him aren’t you?” Yes, I was. And I ought to be shot for thinking such thoughts about Justin, the man I’m supposed to strongly dislike with a passion. However, somewhere between the kisses on my hand and the one glass of alcohol, the passion had been misdirected and my mind had done a one-eighty on me.

“You were going to let him…” He didn’t even bother finishing the question when he noted my glare. I drew the line when it came to talking about sex with my brother, my younger brother at that.

“Good night Amir.” I walked off leaving him standing alone in the barely lit living room. I needed to clear my head and re-examine my life.

“Hey if you were, that’s cool. You do what you do, sis. Hey, you could’ve always went back to his place. You got the man all worked up to send him back home, that ain’t right.” He called after my retreating back. How dare he tell me what to do and where to do…it? I’m a grown ass woman. Wait, why am I even listening to his “shit for brains” advice?

“Night Boo.” Yeah whatever. I closed my door and flopped down on the bed. Now that Amir was out of my hair, I’d let myself have it. What the hell happened out there?

When I had asked Justin where he was going, I had only wanted to kiss him goodnight, a soft kiss to reward him for being a true gentleman. I hadn’t intended on inviting him in for sex! In fact, that was the furthest thing from my mind. I swear!

Yet, my skin still tingled where his hands and lips had touched. Just to think what would’ve happened had Amir not opened the door, I’d probably be…no I can’t think about that.

I had to get ready for my first day back to work tomorrow, but in the meantime, I had to change my underwear.

Justin

I had made it my priority to be on time today, the second time in two years. However, I hadn’t arrived early to actually work, that would have been a waste. Of course, my plan was to get here before Azaria. We needed to talk and I figured that if I arrived before her, I could just pounce on her immediately. It sounded risky, but I was willing to take the risk. After all, risk-taking had gotten me an intense make-out session and an invite for sex. Things were definitely looking up for me.

The door handle clicked announcing Azaria’s arrival. I quickly set my useless items aside to greet her. “Hello Azaria.” I sounded more cautious than risky right now, but I still had time to work that out of my system.

Azaria canceled whatever I was about to say by giving me the hand. “Save it Justin.” What the hell? Maybe something else happened that had nothing to do with me. I mean, how else would she justify giving me the cold-shoulder when last night baby girl was all over me?

“Azaria are you alright?” I decided to seek answer to my questions by taking another stab at politeness since it usually works in my favor.

She didn’t reward me with the hesitant smile I was hoping for. Instead, she slammed her belongings on her desk and turned to me. Mockingly she replied, “Do I look alright, Justin?”

Well I hadn’t wanted to say anything, but I didn’t like the blazer she was wearing or should I say I didn’t like how she was wearing it. It did nothing for her figure. It did nothing for me either. I should’ve been excited (if you know what I mean) and I wasn’t. I was used to her way of dressing putting other women to shame whenever in her presence. I wondered about the sudden change in her get-up and I asked her.

She fed me some bullshit line about it getting colder outside and I counteracted with, “Well, that never stopped you before.” Just over the weekend, she wore a sleeveless dress.

Azaria shot me a glare as if daring me to say another word. If she knew me as I thought she did, she should’ve known that I did not back down from a challenge.

I went to stand before her and said, “I don’t like this up here,” while motioning to the row of buttons that closed her blazer up to her neckline and hid her breasts from my view. I reached over to undo the buttons myself and surprisingly Azaria allowed me to. Risk-taking is back in effect.

“Okay that’s enough!” She shouted and I jumped. How was I supposed to know she didn’t have a shirt on underneath the blazer?

“Sorry.” Shifting my fingers quickly, I began to button up the jacket until she slapped my hand away to complete the task herself.

She only redid one button to hide the lining of her pink bra. “This still is the workplace, if you forgot.” How can I? I had reminded myself of that fact two times on the ride here as I contemplated resuming my make-out session with Azaria, but I feared someone would walk in on us if I did.

“So…about last night.” Azaria rolled her eyes as soon as I brought up the topic. I guess she just wanted to forget what happened between us, but that wasn’t going to happen if I had anything to do with it. I had worked too damn hard to get to this point.

“Azaria, just hear me out, before you decide to ignore me.” I pulled the chair out from under her desk and motioned for her to sit. However, before I could do the same, Ian barged into the office. I tell you, that bastard has the most perfect timing!

His eyes quickly scanned the room, halting on Azaria and a big dumb smile formed on his face. “Where is she? Oh there she is!” Looking happier to see her than I had, he rushed over to her with open arms. Azaria shrugged away to stand beside me. That’s right baby. Stand by your man.

“What’s wrong?” Oh, as if you actually care I wanted to say.

“I’m not feeling well.” The lie fell from her lips effortlessly and Ian didn’t even think twice to the possibility that she was lying. Damn she has him wrapped around her finger.

Look at him now, smiling at her flirtatiously, licking his lips purposely, and making my blood boil! Thankfully, Azaria wasn’t paying him any attention.

Ian moved closer to her. “Do you need the rest of the day off?” What! Back off, shit head.

“No that’s ok. I’ll be fine. Justin has been a big help.” I doubt that’s what Ian had wanted to hear, but fuck him and what he thinks.

“Okay, well follow me to my office I have some stuff to give you.” He walked away truly expecting Azaria to follow behind him, but I stopped her from doing so.

“She’ll be there in a minute, sir.” He accepted and aside from leaving the door wide open, he allowed us to be alone.

Needing to know what happened to Azaria between last night and today, I moved to close the door. However, she rushed across the threshold and out of the office before I could.

“I’ll be back.” She tossed over her shoulder, never once stopping to glance back at me.

I attempted to keep my annoyance in tact, when I really wanted to throw something. Yet, I knew she’d pull a stunt like this to avoid discussing what went down yesterday.

“I’ll go with you.” I replied, following her out the door. I needed to work with Azaria, use a different approach, throw her off track somehow, and then maybe she’d be willing to pick up where we had left off.

Noting, her persistence to stay ahead of me and give onlookers the perception that we weren’t walking together, I fell into step behind her. We nearly reached the end of the corridor when Azaria finally turned and gestured for me to walk alongside her.

“I needed to go for a walk, so don’t think I’m avoiding you.” She must’ve mistaken me for Ian if she thought I’d believe that shit, nevertheless I took her word for it.

She halted her steps again. “Do you have to go with me?” Her irritated whisper confirmed that her earlier statement about not avoiding me had been a lie. She fiddled with the top button of her blazer determined not to meet my gaze.

“I insist.” I took her arm in a gentle hold as to not alarm her and escorted her down the hall. Azaria offered no further obligations as she allowed me to lead her to the elevators.

Once inside and recognizing my intentions to trap her, she slumped against the wall of the elevator. My gaze penetrated the flecks of anxiety in her own and I realized that this person before me was not the same Azaria. I’ve seen the playful Azaria. I’ve seen the out of control, throw a rock through your window Azaria. However, I have never seen the shy and naturally vulnerable Azaria. It was sort of a turn-on, even though I knew it would be short-lived.

“Justin don’t do this.” Her pleading snapped me out of my trance.

Do what? I just wanted to have a civilized conversation with her and maybe romp around a little, nothing major though.

“Azaria, don’t you think you’re overreacting a tad?” The shyness had vanished before I could attempt to even reason with her.

“I’m warning you.” Azaria stared defiantly, holding up her hand again to stop my advances.

“Look Azaria.” I tentatively reached for her right hand and cradled it against my chest, allowing her to feel the evidence of my very hard work at the gym. I smiled with delight at her reaction; it was just what I wanted. I closed in on her before her cloudy haze of desire could disappear, but I guess I wasn’t quick enough. Azaria backed away from me as soon as the elevator doors opened.

I had allowed her to go because I realized I couldn’t force her. Not while she was still running. I had to do it her way- at least until I could get her close enough to a bedroom, then it was fair game from there. In the meantime, I’ll continue to lay the charm that way by the time I finally got Azaria to myself she would not escape.

The anticipation had me revved up. I wiped the perspiration from my hands and adjusted the front of my slacks.

“Wait up Azaria.” She stopped her retreat to allow me to catch up with her, when she really should be running away. Am I wearing her down already?

“What?” Azaria placed her hands on her hips and sucked in a breath as if she were preparing for a battle.

“Nothing.” I stared her straight in the eye as I slowly walked backwards, allowing her to watch all this sexiness drift away.

Far from amused, she rolled her eyes heavenward and diverted her attention to the wall, to mask her irritation, I assumed. I turned around, leaving her to follow behind me, though I really wanted to drag her back to our office and lock the door. Calm down, idiot.

I couldn’t lose control of myself when she was so close, but still so far away. It’s sad that I’m almost killing myself to get with her, but that fact makes her so much more desirable.

Azaria

I caught my lip between my teeth, frowning deeply, attempting to fight off his piercing gaze and at the same time fight my own panic. I felt my sanity slipping away as I entertained the possibility of a “joyride” with Justin. As tempting as the thought seemed, I knew I wouldn’t be able to go through with it, even if it was only sex.

Yet, only sex with Justin might prove to be dangerous. If he got me vulnerable, exposed me after one night, he may get more than he bargained for.

He of all people should know the unexpected things that happen when my true emotions come into play. It’s no longer a game then, it’s a battle. And right now, Justin seemed to want to start the battle a little earlier than intended.

He is sitting across the table from me, playfully licking and puckering those kissable lips, staring, and probably mentally undressing me with those damn eyes,. It’s all insane to me!

One part of me wanted to crawl over this table, throw him against any available wall, and have my way with him, it didn’t matter that we weren’t alone. The sensible part of me wanted to reach over and slap him for putting me through this shit. I so didn’t want to feel this way about him.

“Stop it.” I seethed with fury, temporarily forgetting that I was in a meeting. A smirk formed at the corners of his mouth as if my anger hadn’t fazed him. I hated the fact that he had found so much enjoyment in my punishment. It just sickens me to know how far he was willing to go to get me to want him.

“Ms. Richards?” I pulled my gaze away from Justin to look at Ian.

“If you and him are done playing kissy face, I’d like to get back to the matter at hand.” Oh no he didn’t!

I quickly rearranged my face into an image of pure disgust. How dare he disrespect me in front of my colleagues just because I didn’t come to his office earlier? I know why he wanted me there. Truth be told, if I wanted someone to drool over me, I’d ask Justin.

In an attempt to calm me down, Justin reached to grasp my hand; of course, it didn’t work. I was up and out of my seat before he could make his way around the table to stop me, which was a dumb idea at best. In a flash, I was in Ian’s face, but I backed up a little because I knew he enjoyed the proximity.

In what I hoped was a lady-like gesture, I smiled tightly. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction to see me angry because I knew he was just jealous of Justin and I asked him. “Why do Justin and I have to stop playing kissy face as you called it? Are you jealous?”

Gasps erupted from behind me and I faintly heard someone whisper, “Oh she is so fired.” That person didn’t know just how wrong they were, Ian would never fire me. And this issue of jealousy didn’t make sense at all. Justin hadn’t gotten any farther with me than Ian would have, excluding the make-out session and the “almost” sex session, but other than that he didn’t have a plausible reason to be jealous.

Ian looked at me not believing I had the audacity to ask him such a question.

“What is there to be jealous of?” I hate people who try to deny the truth when it’s written all over their faces.

“Oh come on Ian! You know you want to hit that, admit it already.” I whirled around to see who had spoken such a ludicrous statement. My eyes immediately landed on Justin, since he had mentioned a similar statement before, but he held up his hands innocently. So that leaves…my gaze fell on the next available male, Colin.

“Would you mind repeating that, Colin? I don’t think I heard you correctly.” Surely, there wasn’t a problem with my ears, but I wanted to see if he had the balls to disrespect me again.

He hesitated and I chose to direct my attention back to Ian. Not too soon after, Colin decided he wasn’t finished just yet. Great.

“Ian wants you; you know that, don’t you?”

“It’s obvious, yes.” I replied. “However, if you could refrain from sounding like a jerk for one minute, I’d like to finish my discussion with Ian.” The women in the room smiled, proud that I wasn’t about to lower my standards by playing into the hands of these immature so-called men I worked with.

Beads of sweat glistened on his skin from embarrassment as he prepared himself for my next statement, “By the way," I glanced back and forth from Colin to Ian. "You can lose all hopes of ever hitting this because Shawn has a better chance than the both of you." I had never been so filled with rage for a group of men in my life.

“Oh and I quit.” I glanced over at a frowning Justin before I left the room.

Justin

Whoa! What the hell just happened here? When I came in to work today, I didn’t expect this!

I shot Ian a lethal glare as I followed Azaria. I didn’t give a damn if he fired me for it either, shit he’d be doing me a favor.

You know what though, I ought to go back and slap that smirk off his face for messing up my chances of getting laid tonight. I knew I shouldn’t be thinking such thoughts considering I was supposed to be supporting Azaria right now, but damn it, I could have started drama between Azaria and I without his help.

Azaria had it hard enough trying to accept her new feelings for me (whatever those may be) without him blasting our shit to the whole staff. And although Azaria didn’t have a reason to be mad at me, I knew I’d have to start from square one again after that incident.

On the walk back to the office, I thought about Azaria’s last statement. Her outrageous statement that Buckteeth Shawn had a better chance of sleeping with her than Ian and Colin was just absurd! Then she had to quit on top of that! If anything, I didn’t want her to quit because of those assholes, a slap or a sexual harassment suit would have sufficed.

Unprepared, I opened the door slowly to a view of Azaria sprawled out on the loveseat with her face buried in the cushions. I closed the door and crept toward her.

“Azaria, you okay?” I occupied the little amount of space left on the sofa.

Azaria pulled her head up to look at me, at least she wasn’t crying as I had initially thought. She was too strong for that. “He had no right to say that shit Justin, what goes on between you and me is between us.”

There was something going on between us? Where was I when this happened? Despite my confusion, I agreed with her for the sake of caring. “I know he’s a stupid asshole with shit for brains. I’ve been dealing with him for two years.”

“I don’t know how you do it.” She laughed a little in spite of everything.

“Patience is a virtue.” I replied. Not to mention it had gotten easier when she joined the staff. I had something, or someone rather to occupy my attention.

“You’re right about that.” And with that statement, Azaria stood up and began packing. It dawned on me that she had actually meant it when she had told Ian she quit. She fiercely shoved stacks of papers and other important documents into her bag, stuffing it to its capacity. It didn’t take her long to clear out her desk.

Azaria swung her bag over her right shoulder, lifted another bag from the floor, and pushed past me toward the door, but I gripped her arm. “Listen, Azaria, I’m sorry for putting you in that situation during the meeting that was never my intention.” I figured I’d blamed myself before she had the chance; ease my conscience a little.

“How kind of you, Mr. Timberlake,” Azaria said, sneeringly. She stormed out of the office.

Ouch, that statement had actually hurt my feelings. My last name hadn’t sounded so sexy coming out of her mouth as it had the first time.

Frozen in place, I stared at the door wondering if she’d come back, but I knew she wouldn’t.

Go after her!

I wanted to, I really did, but what else could I do or say to make her come back? Azaria made it clear that she didn’t want to work for this dating firm any longer, and I couldn’t agree with her more.

Just then Ian walked into my line of vision, that smug smile still plastered on his face as if he had hit the jackpot. “Is Ms. Richards in there?” I stepped into his path as he tried to peer into the office.

I closed the door partially, “Can I help you?”

He narrowed his gaze and chose to ignore me as I had done him, “No, you can not.”

Ian tried to step around me, but I blocked his path again. He moved again and each time I countered. He was not getting in this office.

“Get out of my way Timberlake,” He finally said trying to push through me. I see that I’m going to be forced to kick his ass.

“Can’t let you in Mr. Stevens.”

“I just want to ask Ms. Richards a question.”

“What is it you need to ask her?” I wanted to hear his reason for having anything left to say to her.

He lifted a challenging eyebrow, “I don’t think that’s any of your business.”

“I’m afraid it is my business, sir. You see Azaria was my business partner, but now she’s not and guess whose fault that is? Besides, she left a few minutes ago. Oh and I quit too.” I didn’t bother to grab my belongings because I hadn’t bought them with me today.

“You get back here!” I didn’t let the sound of his voice stop me from what I needed to do and that was to find Azaria before she got on the train.

~*~*~*~

Looking out the window, I watched Azaria dart across traffic and veer the corner, her persistent stroll carried her across the street just in time for her not to miss her train. I cut across several lanes, much to the dismay of the other drivers and pulled alongside the curb.

“Watch it you ass, you-” The anger disappeared from her face once recognition set in. “Justin!”

“Hey babe, missed me?” I flashed my million-dollar smile.

“Why the hell are you here?” She stepped up to the car to stare at me, incredulously. I bet she didn’t think I was capable of actually caring enough to come after her. I guess I proved her wrong.

“Get in. I’m giving you a ride home Azaria.” She obeyed my orders and slid into the front seat. That was easier than I had expected.

Azaria turned to me, confusion marring her pretty little features. “Why are you not at work?”

“Oh I quit.”

“What- wh-why would you do that? You’ve been working there for two years Justin.” She sputtered her words, and then it hit her, “You quit because of me.”

Azaria banged her fist against the dashboard, “Damn it, Justin, you didn’t have to do that, why did you that?” She had never received an answer because I couldn’t give her one. Time had passed and before I knew it, I pulled into the parking lot of her apartment complex.

As I followed her to her door, last night’s scene replayed in my head. However, I knew that we were not heading in that same direction.

“You coming in?” She stood aside and allowed me to enter. I should’ve just turned back around because nothing good could come out of this visit, yet I made myself comfortable on the couch anyway. Azaria sat on the opposite sofa. She stretched out languidly, the day’s stress taking its toll on her body.

I rose to occupy the seat next to her and offered my expertise in massage, but of course, she declined so I tried again.

“Azaria it’s just a massage okay? You can let your guard down for a moment.” Finally, she permitted me to rest my palms on her shoulder after I assured her that this massage would not go beyond her requirements. My hands kneaded the delicate flesh of her nape. I prepared myself for the inevitable protest, but instead a sigh drifted from her lips and her eyes fell closed.

Azaria

After Justin’s massage, I wanted nothing more than to take him back to my bedroom and let his hands do magic elsewhere, but my common sense would not allow me to. Even as he stood behind me assisting in the preparation of dinner, thoughts of that possible “joyride with Justin” entered my mind. As soon as those thoughts resurfaced, I silently wished Justin would take matters into his own hands and stop beating around the bush, but of course, I pushed those thoughts away while I kept telling myself that sex wasn’t what I needed.

I reached pass Justin to retrieve a mixing bowl from the right side of the counter. In the process, our hands had brushed ever so lightly, sending a shiver down my spine so sensuous that I had to bite down on my lip to contain myself.

Oh God, had Justin noticed the sexual tension in the room too? I mean it was thick enough to cut with a knife.

I concluded that he had as he squeezed between the counter and me on his way to the refrigerator and I felt it, the evidence that he too had noticed--shit, he was hard.

I caught his gaze lazily traveling the length of my body, I knew now that he had brushed against me on purpose. Was that an invitation for sex?

I had sensed that he was taking my silent advice and attempting to move things along, but I couldn’t consent to that without the fear that I might be charting into that dangerous territory called sex once again.

Justin continued to appreciate the view I provided, obviously pleased that I hadn’t told him off for enjoying it too much. I hadn’t felt the need to, yet I knew I should, so I went with what I knew.

“Justin, stop staring at me like that.”

His gaze stopped immediately to land on the rise and fall of my chest when I faced him, that signature smirk forming at the corners of his mouth. “You wouldn’t have known I was staring at you if you wouldn’t have turned around.” True, but I needed to keep my eye on him. If I didn’t, I’m sure that within fifteen minutes one piece of my clothing would have gone missing, burned off by the intensity of his gaze or removed by his hands.

As I moved around the kitchen, Justin’s eyes followed my every move. And I thought I was supposed to be watching him. Go figure.

“Were you serious about quitting?” That question had come from out of nowhere, but it was the first thing that came to mind in hopes of changing the direction of his focus.

“Were you?” He lifted an inquisitive brow to counter my question. Why couldn’t he just answer with a simple yes or no?

“Um…I didn’t want to quit, but Ian had left me with little choice. You?” I knew he wouldn’t be able to come up with a better reason for his resignation than that.

“You know why I quit Azaria.” I had a hunch yes, but I wanted to hear him say it. I stared blankly at him to convey my thoughts.

“Look, don’t worry about it.” He waved his hand to dismiss the conversation as if the topic was meaningless, as meaningless as the feelings I had for him.

Justin moved to stand behind me as I resumed in the preparation of dinner. I didn’t enjoy the proximity as much as he obviously did. In fact, I now resented my decision to allow him to stay for dinner.

I reached for the knife off the counter attempting to stay focused on the task at hand instead of what Justin was doing behind my back. If I knew him as I thought I did, I imagined that he was scheming up a way to undress me. The sad thing is I’d probably allow him to.

Completely unnerved by my reaction, I hastily moved to the other side of the island, away from him. I closed my eyes and gripped the countertop when I felt him step up behind me. This is so frustrating! He is deliberately trying to coerce me right out of my panties. One more accidental-touch would have me peeling off my clothes.

I reminded myself to keep my lust in check before turning to face him with a glare. “Stop touching me.”

A knowing grin reached his eyes and he feigned ignorance. “What? I’m not touching you. You must be hallucinating….” Somewhere in that sentence I heard a, “Girl, are you high?”

I knew he was joking but I still took offense because I was neither high nor crazy. I knew he had been touching me. So I slowly but surely turned around and said, “Fuck you.”

Walking over to the refrigerator and bending to retrieve an item from the bottom shelf, I unexpectedly heard his comeback, “Oh you wish you could.”

I whirled around, narrowing my eyes at him, but I didn’t say anything since I had clearly set myself up for that one. I had something else for him though.

“Oh, but what a wasted wish that would be.” Not too pleased with my taunting and momentarily stumped, Justin’s face tightened. Meanwhile I used the quiet time to concentrate on preparing a decent meal.

“Yeah you’re right.” He started as I turned away to preheat the oven. “What good is a wish when you can just vividly imagine?” An eerie silence followed his question and just when I wanted to turn and find out if he had left, I discovered the warmth of him against my back once again. I was trapped close between the oven and his body. I felt very uncomfortable surrounded by the heat escaping from both subjects. Justin more so than the oven. Hotly whispered words against the sensitive shell of my ear could match the smoldering temperature of any oven, at any time, hands down.

“Can you imagine?” He pressed on, nuzzling his stubble-chin against my nape. I didn’t want to jump, but that tingling sensation I felt was unexpected.

“Azaria?” He called out to me again just before his lips caught my earlobe between his teeth. I held in a gasp and shuddered instead. “Don’t you imagine me-”

Suddenly, I managed to pull away from his hold on my senses. “Of course I’ve imagined. In fact, I had one explicitly vivid dream last night.” Justin grinned wide at my admission.

I, on the other hand, was not as happy.

Last night’s kissing session had seeped into my dreams and formed several different scenarios, all concluding with the same apparently inevitable ending: Justin dipped into my jar of forbidden goodies. Of course, I spent the whole night rolling about the entire bed, trying to get rid of the image. Yet, stationed in mind, it remained. Therefore, I awoke cranky, brought the bitchy attitude to work with me, and lashed out at Justin, the cause of it all.

“Oh yeah? Tell me about it.” I’d rather not. He was excited enough.

“Amir could walk in any minute.” I figured I could use this as my defense.

“And? Baby, you’re grown. This is your house, what can he say?” Unfortunately, Justin was right. Sure there was much Amir would want to say, but I wouldn’t allow it. It was a, my house, my rules kind of thing.

The heated intensity jarred me from my thoughts and made my skin feel prickly. His predatory gaze challenged my composure, as if daring me to protest the sexual energy that charged the air. I couldn’t.

“Oh what the hell.” Shrugging, I went to move in front of Justin. I decided I’d let him have it. It’s what we were both asking for, right? Even if it wasn’t what we needed and I sure as hell didn’t, but sometimes it’s nice to feel wanted, craving to experience that desire another person feels for you. In fact, I knew first hand about being with a person just because they made you feel not…worthless, even for a short amount of time.

Damn it if being abandoned didn’t fuck up my outlook. If only I could stop attaching myself to others to fill that void. If only Justin wasn’t conveniently here, I could try to stop. Yet, Justin was offering himself to me now, so most likely that process wouldn’t begin today. Talk about contradictions.

I tossed him my best ‘come get me’ look and it was over from there.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to my throat, using his tongue to trace the softness there. My pulse quickened and a gasp escaped.

“Mmm…” I felt his smile against my skin; he was pleased with my shudder.

He managed to sneak in a soft kiss to my lips that I had allowed to continue to another level. The same level we had almost reached last night. I let my eyes fall shut and just experience.

His tongue flicked out to trace my lower lip, tease my mouth open and seek entry. A jolt of unbridled electricity shot through me when his tongue met mine in a seductive dance. My weightless body arched upward of its own free will, seeking more of his mouth.

I looped my arms tightly around his neck as I gave myself over to the forceful domination of his lips and thrusting tongue. Yet, I still couldn’t get close enough.

The hot and fervid kiss had me panting with the need to touch him. I wanted him so bad that I could almost feel him moving inside me. The feel of him against me intensified that need.

Needing to catch my breath, I buried my face in his neck, inhaling his cologne.

“Damn baby.” The whisper of his silky baritone caused a gush of warmness to settle in my center.

“Azaria?” I vaguely heard the sound of Justin’s voice as I nuzzled his ear lobe.

“Baby?” He diverted my attention to his face, so close that I could see the variegated shades of blue in his eyes.

“What?” I snapped, none too happy that he wanted to ruin the moment with words.

“Tell me about your dream.” I didn’t know what to say. Unable to form a coherent sentence, I let myself be pulled into his arms.

“Did you dream about me kissing you, touching you like this?” He dropped his hands from my tangled tresses to journey down my back and skim across my thighs and hips in a delicate caress.

My voice lodged in my throat as Justin slipped his hand beneath the waistband of my skirt, unfastening it to allow him access to my skin.

“Shh- shit, Azaria.” He hissed then groaned with pleasure, stroking the curve of my nylon-covered backside. I gasped his name as my body hummed in satisfaction, wanting his touch further.

Justin pulled me taut against him, at the same time lifting me onto my toes. My eyes closed lazily as I felt him settle in right where I wanted him. Still, needing more, I lifted one leg to wrap around his hips and moaned when he established himself even more firmly.

“Jesus.” Justin grappled with his sanity as I initiated a painfully slow grind against him. I could feel his control slipping second by second.

“Bedroom-shit. Where… is it?”

“Down the hall…” He didn’t even wait for me to finish my directions before he grasped me underneath my thighs and lifted me so that both of my legs were wrapped around his waist. I whimpered with surprise.

“I can’t wait to be inside you…” Shit, he was already halfway there. Justin fumbled to set me atop the counter, grasping for the buttons on my blazer.

He released a harsh breath at the first enticing view of cleavage. He lowered his head to leave a trail of kisses along the curve of my right breast.

I pressed his head against my breasts, needing to feel his warm mouth on my skin. “Justin…” My voice trailed off before I could finish my sentence when his tongue nuzzled between my breasts.

“Azaria?”

“What boy?” I ran a hand over his shaved head attempting to coax him into silence.

“That wasn’t me baby.” He muttered against my bosom.

“Ahem.” I shifted my gaze to the entrance of the kitchen, where Amir stood, propped against the threshold, waving his hand in the air.

I rolled my eyes heavenward as he moved further into the kitchen. Caught in the act by my brother again!

Well, I see that dinner is moving along smoothly. What ya got cooking there Justin?” He grinned and wiped at his forehead.

I looked down at Justin’s head realizing I hadn’t released him and I didn’t intend to. “Don’t answer that Justin.” I felt his laughter reverberate off his lips onto my skin. I had to bite down on my bottom lip to keep frantic cries of delight from escaping.

“Ya’ll could’ve moved this shit to the bedroom. I mean that is where people normally do the do. Wait, I take that back. I’ve gotten down in the kitchen too.” Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Lord, if I weren’t using Justin as an advantage to hide my state of undress, I would kick Amir’s ass.

“Get out Amir.” He didn’t appear to hear my command as he continued talking. Damn rock head.

“I don’t think I want to eat in here after I saw my sister trying to get hers.” His point was invalid.

I released Justin, but he didn’t move away from me as I turned around on my side to fasten the buttons on blazer.

“Leave idiot.” I said through gritted teeth, not even bothering to look at him as I pushed Justin away so I could slide off the counter.

“Okay I’m going, I’m going.” I heard his laughter continue down the hall.

I released a large sigh and met Justin’s gaze. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

“Don’t say it.”

“Justin-”

“Azaria…” He paused and my eyes followed his as he looked down, his hard length stretched against the front of his pants. I tore my gaze away, unhappy that it had reminded me of my brazen behavior.

“You should leave.” He frowned at my request. I couldn’t bare to look at him as he ran a frustrating hand over his face so I turned away.

I rested my elbows on the counter, determined not to allow the fact that my body screamed for release deter my decision.

“Azaria.” Justin moved up behind me. I could feel the heat of him against me and the warmth of his breath on my neck. I instinctively wanted to push back against him, but thought better of it.

“We could go back to my place.” The possibility that we could continue where we had left off without any interruptions caused my body to reel with anticipation. But I just couldn’t.

“It’s not going to work. You should just leave…” I needed him to leave while I still had control of my common sense.

His fingers fluttered against the soft curve of my abdomen moving upward to the- I placed my hand over his and turned to face him.

“Jus-” His lips immediately slanted over mine, silencing my protest. My heart skyrocketed as I allowed the pleasure to return. The kiss hadn’t lasted but a few seconds more before I pried my lips from his.

“I’ll be back.” I said that hoping Justin wouldn’t follow me, he didn’t. Yet, he had something more to say to me.

"It'll be good." He called after my retreating back.

“Sure it will.” I replied quickly while heading to my bedroom.

What else could I say to a man so obviously confident in his ability to woo me? I mean, I couldn’t very well deny the fact. After all, he had managed to get me caught by brother with my merchandise on display two nights in a row.

Pondering the last thought, I went to my private bathroom and retrieved my toothbrush. If I was going away for the night, I’d need to be fresh in the morning. Speaking of fresh, I need to grab some underwear too since my current pair are passed ruined.

I searched my drawers for a random pair of undergarments, stuffed them and my toothbrush in a random purse, and locked my door behind me. I didn’t want to return to find out that Amir had been experimenting in my room.

Prior to going back to Justin, I knocked before entering Amir’s room. He eyed me curiously. “Hey, I’m about to go.”

“Going to Justin’s, huh?” He asked and silence answered. “Okay, well have fun. Don’t come back pregnant though.” Thinking that shit was funny, he laughed loudly afterwards. Of course, I didn’t give him the satisfaction of a response. I slammed the door and left.

Justin met me in the hallway. “So…” He began.

“I’m ready.”

“Ready? Really?”

“Yes ready.” Ready and horny were one in the same, right?

Taking my hand and dragging me to the door, he said, “Let’s go before you change your mind.” He was aware of that possibility too, huh?

God, I shouldn’t even be agreeing to this. No good would come of it. No happily-ever-after’s. No, “I was fooling myself, I love you.” None of it. Only the heartache that I would later cause Justin. There was no avoiding it. It was part of my genetic makeup. Mother like daughter.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story