Justin

I was actually on time today and I didn’t know why. As I ascended the stairs to my floor that morning I feared going into my office, which is the reason why I took the stairs in the first place. I didn’t want to risk seeing Azaria in the elevator. Lord only knows what I am capable of within closed quarters.

“Jackson!”

Damn it’s Mr. Stevens. What the hell did he want? Because of him I didn’t even get a good night’s sleep. “Yes?”

“You and Ms. Richards come and see me in my office at one on the dot. I have a project for the two of you.”

“Sure. We’ll be there.”

“Thanks Jeffrey.” I didn’t bother to correct him because I had finally realized I was wasting my breath, by doing so.

I took a deep breath as I raised my hand to push the door open; inwardly hoping I had arrived before Azaria.

“Hey Justin.”

“Uh…hi Azaria.” I couldn’t even speak properly in her presence.

“What are you doing?” It looked like she had made some changes to the furniture arrangements in the office.

“I thought this place needed a new look. We were so isolated from each other before.” Great the last thing I needed was to be closer to her. She had our desks directly facing one another, so that meant I was forced to look at her for eight hours a day.

Despite my mood, I had to admit that she did have an eye for design. She had set an ambiance to the room that wasn’t present before. Now the room said that this was a dating firm. I wonder where she found all this extra furniture to make the room feel cozier.

“Do you like it?” I nodded silently at her question. I especially liked the couch in the corner near the window. It was a chaise lounge, great for sleeping on my lunch break.

“Does Ian know you fixed up the office?” I didn’t want her getting my ass busted. I always remember to cover my ass first before I think of anyone else’s; no I take that back I’ll think of Azaria’s ass first then mine. Yes that sounds more believable. Where is that ass today anyway?

She placed her hands on her hips; wide enough to birth a few babies. “Yes, he knows. He thought it was a wonderful idea. Now we definitely got best office in the bag for the company’s annual party.” She snapped her fingers and turned on her heel.

That gave me a chance to check out her attire from the back. There it is! I should have this shit framed and put it atop my mantel next to Lola. Azaria, you just don’t know girl.

Today she wore slacks instead of a skirt; they were gray with white pinstripes. Even though I did like how the skirt fit her, the pants made her appear like she was ready to get down to business. I wonder what kind of business she’s ready to get down to. A man can only dream. To complete the outfit she wore a white buttoned shirt that allowed me to see all her glory on display, which were her breasts.

“Oh we have to meet Ian in his office at one on the dot because he has a new project for us.”

“Ooh I wonder what he’s got planned for us.” And I wonder why I had never found that much excitement in this job. I mean, the woman was glowing.

“Me too.”

“So what you wanna do first?” You. I wanted to say, but she would slap me so hard if she knew what kinda thoughts were running through my head.

“I say we just chill on the couch until one o’clock. No point in doing anything when we might have to change it after they give us this new project.” I crossed the room and tossed myself onto the couch. Ooh it was plush too.

“Wait so we’re not going to do anything at all?” I felt her following behind me.

Did she press the mute button while I was talking? “Look Azaria I know Ian is not expecting us to do anything this morning. If it’ll make you feel better we can discuss our ideas openly. Aah this feels wonderful. Thanks.” Wow I might have to rethink my living arrangements. This couch is better than the one I have at home.

“Oh I meant to ask you how you got this couch.”

“I know people.” She replied simply and moved to sit beside me on the couch.

“I have so many ideas…” After that I stopped listening, by pressing a mute button of my own.

Azaria

I knew he was barely paying me any attention. I could tell by the way his eyes rolled back, that he was on his way to a deep slumber. Okay boy, you go on and sleep see if I care.

“Damnit.” I released a frustrated breath after thirty minutes of silence. I did care. I did not volunteer my services to fix up this office just for him to take a nap on the damn couch.

“Justin wakeup.” I nudged him with my hip. He mumbled an incoherent statement and rolled away from me onto his left side.

“Oh no he didn’t.” My conscience suddenly answered me with an, oh yes he did! That’s what I figured. I don’t know who he thought he was messing with, but he picked the wrong one.

“Justin!”

He shot up abruptly staring at me with wide open eyes. “Is it time for us to go to Ian’s office?” He wiped at his bloodshot eyes and attempted to read his watch for the time.

I snickered inwardly, “No, but it’s time for you to wake the fuck up.” Whoa. I did not mean to show that side of me just yet, but I was not going to apologize for it.

“Uh…well…” He was at a loss for words I could tell. His cheeks reddened with embarrassment. Why would he be embarrassed?

“Uh…well…nothing. You have me sitting here watching ya ass drool all over the brand new sofa. Don’t you think we should begin preparing for the meeting we have with Ian?”

“Zar baby silence please.” He raised his hand in the air to dictate his command of silence. Oh no he didn’t! My conscience was speaking for me again, but I wholeheartedly agreed with her. He does not have the right to silence me nor does he have the right to call me Zar or baby!

“Justin you have three seconds to retract that statement. Starting…now.” Hell yes I was giving him an ultimatum. He did not know me well enough to step to me on a personal level like that anyway.

“What?”

Was he the biggest dummy in the world or something? He was honestly acting like he hadn’t heard what he just said to me. I called him on it. Of course he made up some lame ass excuse about being half-asleep.

“Just take it back okay?” I was becoming irritated and I did not have time for his childish games.

“Okay I take it back. Did I mention how radiant you look today?” Trying to change the subject I see. Boy thought he was slick. And he was laughing! That was so not funny.

“I’m not stupid. I always look radiant.” I wasn’t one to turn down a nice compliment.

Now that I had his complete attention, I figured I should toil with him a little, just a little bit.

Justin

Oh shit, I feel like…I have no words to describe how I feel right now. That Azaria is a firecracker. Whew! She laid me out good. I’ve never heard so many expletives in one sentence coming from another mouth besides mine.

She had left me about an hour ago to go to lunch and now I was sitting here in the office all by myself. I never knew that mistakenly touching a woman’s ass was such a problem until today…

“Ugh! I’m so sick of this shit.”

I watched Azaria rise from her seat and pace back and forth through the room. What crawled up her ass and died? “What’s the problem?” I was skeptical about asking in the first place, but I figured I should be genuine.

“This client is a lowlife. No wonder he hasn’t had any success with any other dating firm’s. I don’t think there’s any hope for this one Justin. I mean he even named himself low-life loser.” She did have a point there, but Ian had always told me that there was hope even in the biggest loser. So I offered to help her brainstorm some ideas.

“Let me see if I can help you.” I rose from my seat and walked around my desk until I was standing directly beside her.

She eyed me with a look that said ‘why would I want your help?’ then she shrugged and offered her seat to me.

It only took me a few minutes to come up with a plausible scheme that would help low-life loser get a date as I effortlessly typed up a proposal. Maybe we could hook him up with low-life loser girl. Yes that would work.

“Okay done.” I clapped my hands and slid away from the desk.

“Wow that fast.” Yes babe I am the man.

“Yeah I’m great aren’t I?” Before I could retract my hand, I had already made the mistake of allowing my hand to come into contact with her ass. I didn’t even get to feel the sensation of the light pat before her hand slapped me square across the face.

“Ow I’m sorry! It was a mistake.” Although, I hadn’t meant to do it, I wasn’t going to take it back.

“Don’t you ever in your fucking life touch my motherfucking ass again! You worthless excuse for a man. Hasn’t your mother ever taught you any fucking manners?” After giving me one last deathly stare she walked off, slamming the door behind her.

I was still sizzling after that encounter, in more ways than one.

“Wait.” I suddenly shot up. Lunch should have been over by now and Azaria should be back by now, but since she wasn’t that only meant one thing…she had went to tell Ian that I had touched her inappropriately. I could not have a sexual harassment case against me at this prominent point in my career.

I walked to the door mumbling incoherent statements. “She is not going to get me…fired.” My voice trailed off when I opened the door and there before me stood Azaria. She did not look happy to see my face.

“It’s time to go to the meeting. Are you coming?” I didn’t even have a chance to answer before she walked off down the hall. How was I going to survive the next four hours on the job?

When I opened the door to Mr. Stevens’ office all eyes were on me. He hadn’t said anything about a meeting! It looked like he had invited the board of executives into this meeting as well.

“Jared glad you can finally make it.” Well Ian didn’t seem like he knew about what I had done to Azaria or else I’m positive he would have been very angry with me.

“Yes I’m here sir.” But one person was missing, Azaria. Where was she? Before I could complete my thought, Azaria entered the room.

“Ms. Richards glad to see you. Were you and Jordan messing around…” What! “…on some projects?” Wow. I guess no one else had caught the innuendo of that statement besides me and Azaria. I caught Azaria’s glare directed toward the back of Ian’s head and I figured she hadn’t found it very funny either.

“Oookaay so…I know all of you may be wondering what the reason is for this spur-of-the-moment meeting, right?” I nodded quickly then glanced at Azaria. She answered with a snappish ‘yes’. Everyone else didn’t seem to mind though. Maybe because they had yet to experience the wrath of the tiger named Azaria.

And you know what else I noticed as I looked around the conference table, everyone seemed to be prepared for this meeting….except for me and Azaria.

Janice had her pen on an angle in her right hand all set to write some notes while her left hand twirled a lock of her fiery red hair. Colin was keying everything in on his electronic pen pad. And Sean, all I can say about him is that he is a damn brown-noser! He’s sitting here hanging on Ian’s every word, yet he hasn’t comprehended half of what he said and all the work he has done so far has been absolute bull shit.

I leaned over on my elbow and attempted to listen to whatever Ian was saying.

“Well, I brought you guys in here to talk about some current issues with Cupid’s Arrow.” Issues? What Issues? If I’m not mistaken didn’t issues mean drama? I hope Azaria hadn’t opened her mouth.

“There are some things that Cupid’s Arrow is lacking as a dating firm. Now, Jacob and Ms. Richards will present a few of their ideas on how to make Cupid’s Arrow the number one dating firm in the country.” What the fuck was he talking about! We were never made aware of any presentation.

I folded my arms across my chest and remained in my seat. As far as I was concern Justin Timberlake wasn’t giving a presentation, especially when Jacob was going to do it for him.

“Uh, err…Jacob? I’m sorry Joey is it or would you prefer if I call you Joe? You know some people like to shorten their names.” He was officially a dumbass in my book. I wonder if he understood the blank stare I was giving him. I mean, granted I wasn’t wearing a name tag, but I’ve been here for two years, he could at least learn my name.

“Are you ready to present?” I mumbled ‘whatever’ and pushed away from the table.

“How about you Ms. Richards?”

“Sure.” She was just as pissed about this as I was. Still, I was going to make the most of this, especially when Sean was over there snickering behind his buck teeth.

“Can we have a minute to talk Mr. Stevens?” He nodded. I strolled over to Azaria, reached for her hand and hauled her beside me. She wasn’t too happy about it, but she knew this was not the time to yell at me so she let it slide.

I bent a little making it easier for me to whisper my ideas in her ear. Her hair smelled so damn good just like”I can’t describe it but damn! I could’ve buried my face in it in front of everyone.

“Alright this is what I was thinking-” I had to pause momentarily as she moved closer in order to hear me clearly and her smooth locks tickled my lips. Damn.

“We could come up with shit off the top of our heads, just wing it you know?” She nodded, releasing a sigh as if she had been holding her breath.

“How are you at impromptu presentations?”

“I’m straight.” She turned to me with a confident smile that dropped as soon as Ian called her name.

“Ms. Richards are you two ready?” She began to release a series of uh’s and um’s. I thought I would save her from embarrassment since she had been working here for only two days.

“But Mr. Stevens we haven’t-”

“But’s are for pooping, come and give the presentation.”

While everyone stifled their laughs Azaria and I headed to the front of the room. I could sense her apprehension before I squeezed her hand. “Hey be cool, okay?” She nodded, but her eyes told me she was surprised that I was calming her. I bet you didn’t know I was the considerate type. I almost grinned at her but we had work to do.

“Well, it is true that Cupid’s Arrow is lacking some things as a dating firm; a person actually worth setting up dates for is one of them.” Everyone laughed, including Buck Teeth over there, and the tension slipped away.

“These people that send us their profiles have no confidence in themselves, right Azaria?” She glanced and then stepped forward. I knew then that she was cool.

“Right. I mean today we received a profile from a guy who referred to himself as low-life loser, now isn’t that pathetic?” She was answered with a harmonious ‘yes’.

“So I”Justin and I think that we should start inviting these people to the firm so that we can meet with them personally. So we don’t have to base a proposal solely off a bunch of words. We could put a face with it and say what kind of person she or he really is because we have met them.” There were a collection of hmm’s going around the room. Everyone liked our idea.

“Good job Ms. Richards, you too Jefferson.” Ian stood heading to the door. “Alright this meeting is over we need to start putting this idea to work.” Now it was just me and Azaria.

“See that wasn’t bad was it?” I nudged her with my elbow and she shook her head.

“No it wasn’t”well once I had something to work with. And look-” She paused to look down at her black pumps. I was forced to look as well. I bet they would have made her legs look sexy as hell if she was wearing a skirt like she had been wearing yesterday.

“I apologize for blowing up on you earlier; all that shit I said was uncalled for. And my hands-off policy…” She had a hands-off policy?

“Just disregard it ok. Next time if you wanna cop a feel just ask okay?” She tucked her lower lip between her teeth prior to sauntering away.

“Wait, what the fuck?”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story