Azaria

Ah! You know that refreshing feeling you get after taking a nice, long, inviting hot shower? Well I feel just like that, refreshing, especially after the day I had. Besides the impromptu meeting that Ian had sprung on us I was feeling perfectly fine.

I attempted to twist my hair into a bun atop my head, but allowed my arms to drop when I failed miserably at it. Who am I kidding? I am not perfectly fine.

Perfectly fine would be my ass in my bed with my cat Breeze snuggled under the cozy blankets with me. My favorite slow jam would be sailing from the stereo system while I delved into the latest romance novel. Even though my favorite slow jam was playing on the radio and Breeze was staring up at me with pleading eyes, I still felt like…yup you got it, shit.

Granted, I enjoy working at Cupid’s Arrow and I hope this job lasts long, but I just wasn’t use to anything lasting long in my life. Point in case, my mother walked out on me when I was eight. But I don’t feel like talking about her or my shitty life anymore.

I’d rather talk about Justin’s face after I told him he could touch my ass only if he asked first. That shit was priceless! He was so shocked that I thought he was gonna shit his pants! And I don’t think that he knew that I knew this, but I swear he got an instant hard-on as soon as I said it.

Even after I left the room, he followed me. He kept saying, “Wait, what the fuck?” I swear he said it a thousand times.

“What the fuck did you mean by that?” I might as well have given him a damn piggy back ride for he wasn’t given me any space to walk. I could barely maintain a consistent pace. He even tripped me once trying to keep up with me.

“Azaria! Stop playing!”

When I turned around I walked right into his chest. Damn back up! “I’m not playing.” I said, but I was sure he could see me laughing in his face right about now.

“Zar-” I held up my hand and he stopped. He must’ve suddenly remembered that I told him he couldn’t call me that. Oh wait, I never did.

“It’s Azaria to you.” There, now he knew.

“Azaarriia.” He didn’t have to exaggerate my name like that, jerk. “What the fuck did you mean by that?” He hounded me again. You know what’s funny? Just then Mr. Stevens entered the hall to see him cursing me out. Ha!

“Jeremy! Where do you get off using that kind of language in Ms. Richards presence? I don’t want to hear it here okay?” And soon as he was gone I laughed in Justin’s face again.

“He wasn’t talking to me, my name ain’t Jeremy.” Damn that was true.

I continued to our office and when I entered I attempted to slam the door in his face, but he caught it with his hand.

“Come on Azaria, what the fuck, were you serious about that?”

I never replied. Instead, I walked over to my desk and parked my ass, that he loved so much, into my swivel chair. For the rest of the day he was glaring at me for leaving him hanging. I didn’t mean that figuratively. Ha! At least I hope not.

Honestly though, I didn’t mean that shit I told him. I was only teasing him, getting back at him for disrespecting me earlier. Come on what would I look like if I was serious about allowing him to touch my ass? Like if he came in one morning and said, “Hey Azaria, I was wondering if I could cop a feel today?” and I said, “Sure.” That definitely spells TRAMP doesn’t it? I thought so.

Justin

I spent the first half of the day attempting to ignore Azaria as successfully as she was ignoring me and damnit it didn’t work. She was too good at it and I…I couldn’t have ignored her even if I had suddenly gone blind. Sounds crazy doesn’t it? But there was just something about her. I could tell if she was in the room even when I never turned around to look. Her presence was just that strong. Damn her!

She must be a witch or something because she seems to have power over every man here. Not just me. Like yesterday in the impromptu meeting I watched everyone’s faces during her presentation. The women simply agreed, showed their support. But the men, they were hanging on her every word. Colin was staring at her so intensely it’s a wonder her damn clothes didn’t burn off right there. Ian, he was trying to front, but I saw him zeroing in on her breasts. And poor Sean, Buck Teeth as I like to call him, was practically drooling”wait maybe that had nothing to do with Azaria, he always drools.

My stomach began grumbling that meant it was lunch time. I shut down my computer and stood. Azaria acted like she didn’t even see me and kept typing on her computer. Man she likes to push my buttons! Just jab them with her little manicured fingers.

“Azaria, I’m going to the cafeteria, you coming?” She simply shook her head.

“Is that a yes or no? Tell me because I’m lost.” She lifted her head; her fingers paused on the keys and she fixed me with an annoyed glare.

“It’s a no.” Damn she snapped her fingers and executed the neck roll with finesse. “Now go.”

I left shutting the door behind me wondering why she was acting so bitchy. Maybe she was PMS-ing. Or maybe she was just mad because I didn’t ask her if I could touch her ass when she knows she wants me to. Ha! But I wasn’t about to make a fool of myself when I didn’t know if she was serious about that shit. Uh unh, she wasn’t going to make me the laughing stock of the company. No way in hell.

I entered the cafeteria and everyone turned to look at me. Why? Did I have something on my face? I ran my hand across my face just to make sure. Nope there was nothing there.

I grabbed a tray and stood in line behind Colin, who was taking forever to order his food.

“Ah could I have macaroni and cheese, uh no make that err chicken and mashed potatoes.” Would you hurry the fuck up I wanted to scream but didn’t. That would be rude wouldn’t it? I thought so. I’ll just use another choice of words.

“Hey Colin just get today’s special and hurry up I’m starving like Marvin back here.” That was better than what I was going to say before and it worked. Colin got his food and moved out of my way.

“Hey Miss Janet, how are you?” She reached over her station and gave me a warm hug, you know like your grandmother or aunt would give. The suffocating type where you couldn’t breathe because your face was planted in their breasts?

“I’m good Justin. What can I get for you today sugah?” She asked in a southern accent.

“I’ll have the special as well.” Her round brown face lit up.

“Comin’ right up honey.” She dipped the spoon in the large pot and dropped a healthy helping of spaghetti and meatballs onto my plate as I licked my lips hungrily. She made the best spaghetti. Well, I had no one to compare her cooking to really. It wasn’t like I had mother. She died when I was little.

“Alright Miss Janet you take care now.” I blew a kiss at her. She blushed and told me to get out of here.

I grabbed my plate and walked away while Colin was eyeing my plate jealously. He was hating because Miss Janet had given me more food than him.

“You want to come eat with us guys Justin?” I ignored him for a moment as I got myself something to drink.

“I don’t know.” He sighed at my response but that was the truth. All the other times I had came into the cafeteria the guys had never once asked me to sit with them.

“Come on it’ll be fun.” That qualifies as bullshit.

“Why now, did you guys suddenly have a revelation that if I sat with y’all something will happen?”

“No we just felt that we should include you.”

“Ah okay.” Now I get it, he was feeding me more bullshit. Still, I followed him to the table. When I sat down all of them acted as if I had been sitting with them for years.

“Hey Justin what’s up man?”

“Nothing.” I mumbled picking up my fork. They eyed me while I shoved the first spoon of spaghetti into my mouth. Mmm, delicious.

“So Justin, you’re partnered with that new black hottie right?” I can’t remember the name of the guy that had just said that, but for now I’m just going to refer to him as ‘The Jackass’.

“Her name is Azaria.” The Jackass held up his hand as if he was apologizing for having offended me.

“Excuse me, Azaria you said? Yeah she is hot man.” I just rolled my eyes as he continued admiring Azaria. I can’t believe I had stopped eating to listen to this shit.

“Hey Justin?” What now!

“Yes?”

“How is it working with her?”

“She’s cool as expected.”

“Mmm.” Another guy sitting across from me licked his lips. “She’s sexy as hell. I don’t know how you work with her everyday without trying something.” They all nodded in agreement, slapping fives with one another. I wasn’t about to tell them about my attempt at copping a feel. Then again, maybe I should so they could mimic my actions and get a slap across the face like I had as a reward.

“It’s damn hard man.”

“Oh so you’ve tried something?” I don’t know what I did to make them assume that. Perhaps it was the grin that had suddenly graced my face.

“Hmm?” I mumbled over my spoon.

“You have.”

I opened my mouth and food fell out. “I didn’t say that.” I denied while they laughed knowingly.

“You want to hit that don’t you?” I wouldn’t mind to, so what. But they would never know. They were the type to spread shit like that around the office.

Azaria

“Ugh…” I groaned holding my palm to my stomach. I was so damn hungry. I tried to wait for Justin to come back before I left so I wouldn’t be forced to be in the same room with him, but I couldn’t wait anymore.

I had successfully made it through half of the day by ignoring everything and anything that Justin did or said. If I suddenly made eye contact with him I would look away, but it was no use I could still feel his eyes on me. When I got up to walk across the room, his eyes were following me. I wanted to go over and ask him if he found me attractive. I don’t know why I would ask such a thing when I knew for a fact that he did find me attractive. I wasn’t one to flaunt what I worked so hard to achieve every Saturday morning in the gym, but if he noticed then I was happy.

I rose from my seat, ready to go to lunch. As soon as I opened the door a young woman appeared before me. She looked to be Indian.

“Azaria, right?” I wondered why she was all up in my personal space but I nodded anyway.

“Yes, may I help you with something?” I was trying to be polite to her even though I so desperately wanted to push her aside so I could get to lunch before my break was over. But I didn’t want the word around the office to be that I was a bitch.

“No you can’t help me. But I know who you can help.” What is this some kind of sick joke? And what the hell was she smiling about?

“Run that by me again.”

“Your name was on every man’s lips today in the lunch room and you’ve only been here for three days. Impressive.” Then she walked away.

Wait! I wanted to know what she meant by that and when I asked her all she did was turn around and say, “Ask Justin.” Justin? I wonder what he had to do with all this. But I can almost guess what the conversation was about if my name was included in it. I knew if I went up to Justin and just openly asked him about the conversation, he would feign dumbness so I would just have to beat it out of him instead. Maybe I’ll skip lunch and grab a cup of soup.

When I returned to the office I was ten minutes late, mainly because the guy at the hot dog stand felt the need to flirt with me. And even though he was ten steps away from fine I didn’t complain because my soup was free. But now I had bigger fish to fry. Like a certain Mr. Timberlake.

As I attempted to get on the elevator suddenly a tall white man blocked my path. “How ya doin’?”

“Fine.” Who the hell is this fool?

“Fine, you definitely are” He really needed to back up out of my damn face because his breath smelled like rotten food.

“Excuse me I’m running late.” I tried to step around him before he killed me with his foul breath, but he followed me step for step. He had ten seconds and that’s all I was giving him.

“So Zar-” I ended whatever he was about to say by dodging under his arm and getting on the elevator. I wasn’t interested in being his fantasy as he so evidently made clear to me just a few seconds ago.

When I reached the inside of the elevator I leaned my head against the wall and released my first breath in what seemed like ages. Never in my life had I smelled something so… foul! My nose still burned.

On my way back to my office I could have sworn that I heard footsteps behind me, actually more than one set of footsteps, maybe three or four. But every time I turned around there was no one behind me. I did hear a whistle though and suddenly, ‘Ask Justin’ came to my head. Yes, I was going to do just that.

“Hey Justin.” He looked up at me as soon as I entered the room.

“Hi Azaria. How was lunch?”

I removed my jacket and placed it atop of my desk. “I haven’t eaten anything yet, just went to get me some soup.” I sat on the edge of his desk and took the top off my carton of soup. I allowed my skirt to rise up on my thigh, but not high enough that I would break the three inches above the knee rule, just a little to entice Justin. I needed his complete attention when I asked him about this alleged conversation.

“What kind of soup is that?” I giggled inwardly at his attempt to maintain eye contact. He was doing well until I purposely scooted closer to him.

“I think this is cheddar and broccoli.” I lifted the spoon to my lips. Oh this was so good and I’m sure Justin knew that by the way I was moaning in ecstasy. What? I had a thing for soup and peanut butter as well.

“Is it that good?” His eyes were wide and so was his mouth.

“Most definitely.”

“Where did you get it? I never knew that there was a place to get soup around here.” There are a lot of things you don’t know Mr. Timberlake.

Okay enough small talk. Now it was time to get down to business. I set my bowl aside and rested my elbow on his desk.

“Rumor has it that you wanna do me.” The cup he was holding fell from his hands and onto his monitor as soon as the words left my mouth.

“Shit!” He attempted to wipe up the mess, but I pushed him back into his seat.

“Is that true?”

“Uh…” I couldn’t distinguish if he was saying yes or no because he was shaking his head up and down, side to side.

“Uh…what? Answer the question. Did ya tell the guys in the lunch room that you wanted to do me?” He was sweating bullets. Oh this was hysterical. I’m not sure if he actually told the guys such a thing, maybe he didn’t tell them anything, but I sure found it funny to watch him squirm.

“The guys-” His explanation was cut short when he immediately stood up and accidentally knocked my bowl of soup into the air. It splattered all over my beige blouse!

“Justin!”

“I’m sorry Azaria. I gotta…I’m going.” He rushed out of the room so fast that I barely saw him leave.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story