Chapter 25

 

            “I’m so damn tired of lounging around crying about that bastard!” Hope said. The two of us, plus the twins were sitting on Ricky’s couch watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

 

            It was already October and we had to start getting into the Halloween Spirit. The twins were enthralled by the movie and I was happy to see that. Growing up, I had loved that movie so much. Tim Burton was really a genius.

 

            “Yeah but what else is there to do?” I looked at Esperanza as a smile started to form on her lips.

 

            “Tommy obvious isn’t thinking about me and Justin is a psychotic bastard. We need to stop thinking about them and go out and have some fun!”

 

            “Fun?”

 

            “We should go clubbing!”

 

            I had not been to a club in God knows how long. I just shook my head in disdain and laughed at my crazy friend.

 

            “Yeah okay!”

 

            “Oh come on! It’ll be like old times! We’ll have fun.” Hope had been so upset since she had gotten here. I just wanted to take her mind off everything, even if it was only for one night.

 

            “Well… okay. Why the hell not?!” I grinned and ran my hand through my sons brown curls. He didn’t even bother to look up at me. It just made me giggle, he acted just like me. When I was really into something, the world could be coming to an end and I wouldn’t be phased.

 

            “Did I hear someone mention clubbing?” Ricky walked into the room as if on cue, with a huge smile plastered on his face.

 

            “Why yes, we did.” Hope and Ricky exchanged a knowing smile and I lifted my eyebrow in curiosity.

 

            “What the hell do you guys have planned?” I looked at the two of them and folded my arms across my chest.

 

            “Why nothing, Natalia, darling.” Ricky said with faux innocence. That just caused me to suspect more. “I was just thinking that maybe my friends could escort you guys.”

            “Your weird ass friends? NO THANK YOU!”

 

            “Oh come on Natalia! Napoleon sounds so awesome!” Hope pleaded.

 

            “His name is Napoleon?” I stifled a giggle. “Hell no!”

 

            “Oh come on. His brother Kip could come too. They’re really cool guys and have a lot of sweet skills.” Ricky stated, I just busted out laughing.

 

            “Sweet skills? What the hell is wrong with these guys that you’d want to hook us up with them?”

 

            “Nothing! They’re just nice guys… and uh… I kind of…” He coughed, trying to hide the next words, but I heard them regardless. “… lost a bet.”

 

            “Why do I have to go if you lost the damn bet?! I whined. “Why can’t it be Hope and Savannah?!”

 

            “Because Savannah is busy and Napoleon wants to go out with you.”

 

            “Please, Nat! I really want to meet Kip! He sounds so cool!” Hope was begging me now. Damn fucking black mail. I sighed in defeat and just nodded my head at my two friends.

 

            “YEEEESSSS!!” Ricky said loudly and did a weird hand motion with his hand. “I’ll go call them now. How does tonight at 8 sound?”

 

            “Perfect!” Hope answered for the both of us. I just slumped down on the couch, close to Nikolas and Samantha.

 

            “You owe me big!”

 

            If I only knew how big they were going to owe me.

 

**

 

            I got dressed in an outfit Ricky picked out for me. It was a short, ripped up jean skirt and a white tank top with this tribalish-graffiti written on it. To top it off there was a cut off jean jacket. I looked hot.

 

            The twins were going to stay with my Mom, who was excited at the thought of me dating. I was a little surprised at first but she reasoned that she would approve of anyone for me over Justin.

 

            I couldn’t help but wonder what she would think about David. He was such a great guy and loved the twins. He also traveled all the way from Florida to be with me in my time of need, and fuck, he loved me.

 

            I didn’t know if I should just give into him already. I mean Justin was a lost cause, as much as I hated to admit it. I couldn’t go back to him either, my Mother would kill me and I didn’t want to jeopardize our relationship. I needed my Mami!

 

            “Hey Nat!” Ricky called to me from outside of my old bedroom where I was getting ready. I heard a giggle to his voice and knew instantly that I was in for hell. “Your date is here!”

 

            I sighed and ran my hand through my straight hair and walked out of my room. That was where Ricky plus two men stood. One was very tall with big curly blonde hair, glasses and a brown suit.

 

            What the fuck?

 

            “Hi, I’m Napoleon.” He had this deep, monotone voice and proceeded to thrust a pink carnation in my face. “For you.”

 

            “I’m Natalia…” I gave Ricky the dirtiest look and took the flower from his hand. “Thank you for the flower… it’s beautiful.”

 

            “No…Thank you… “

 

            “I’m just going to go put it in water…” I walked to the kitchen where Napoleon followed me, breathing heavily.

 

            Oh Ricky was going down.

 

            I filled up a small vase with water and put the flowers in. Napoleon just watched me and didn’t say a word. I set the vase down on the table and looked at him.

 

            “Uh can I get you anything to drink?”

 

            “No thanks.”

 

            I just shrugged and grabbed a glass for myself and poured myself some skim milk. Napoleon watched me as I sipped at the milk. I shifted uncomfortably at his gaze and looked down.

 

            WEIRDO.

 

            “I see you’re drinking skim milk… is that because you think you’re fat? Because you’re not… you could be drinking whole if you wanted.” Napoleon said and I just looked at him oddly.

 

            “Oh… uh well… thanks.”

 

            “Hey guys… it’s time to go!” Kip said excitedly. He walked arm and arm with Hope, who was a few inches taller than him.

 

            Kip was short and looked about 30. He had brown hair, a mustache, braces and glasses, his whole look screamed “geek”. He was even trying to be a gangster. What a joke!

 

            The oddest thing was that Hope seemed to like him!!

 

            “Okay well… let’s get out of here then!”

 

**

 

            The four of us arrived at the club and I felt retarded. Napoleon clung to my arm and I glanced around the club, hoping no one I knew was there, but of course there was.

 

Justin, Tommy, JC and Lance sipping beers near the dance floor. I just about died when Justin looked right at me, with his eyes popping out of his head. I just plastered on a big smile and clung tighter to Napoleon.

 

 Hope and Kip immediately ran to the dance floor while Napoleon and I just sat at the bar in silence. This really had to be the weirdest blind date I had ever been on.

 

            Napoleon bought me a drink and I sipped it thankfully while Napoleon told me about his favorite animal.

           

            “My favorite animal is probably a liger. It’s one of the coolest animals, it’s a cross between a lion and a tiger and bred for its skills in magic.”

 

            “Oh… that’s cool.” I downed the entire drink in one shot. I was going to need a lot more of those to get through the night.

 

            “So uh do you wanna go and dance by Kip and Hope for a little bit?” Napoleon said in his monotone voice.

 

            I just shrugged and pictured all the ways I was going to make Ricky pay for this torture. Napoleon and I walked next to Kip and Hope, when “Canned Heat” by Jamiroquai came on.

 

            “This is my jam!” Napoleon cried out.

 

            The entire club fell silent and Napoleon busted out these crazy-ass dance moves. I had to say that even I was impressed.

 

            A circle formed around the four of us and I decided to dance with Napoleon. I copied his dance moves and Hope started to do the same. We were both giggling and having the greatest time.

 

            Who the hell would have thought it!

 

            “Damn Napoleon! You have some sweet dancing skills!” Kip smiled, while Hope and I nodded in agreement.

 

            I don’t know what got into me, but it was probably the fact that Justin was watching. I threw my arms around Napoleon and planted a huge kiss on him.

 

            “Sweet!” Napoleon called out and smiled at me.

 

            That was when someone grabbed my arm. I turned to see Justin pulling me out of the club. Oh fuck!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story