Chapter 32

 

            Justin had been driving for hours along the countryside, he had no idea how he had gotten there from New York City, but the presence soothed him. How could his angel, the love of his life, the woman he’d do anything for, tear his heart out like that?

 

            He finally pulled over to the side of the road in his banged up automobile and let his head rest on his steering wheel. Natalia claimed she was sorry, but was she actually sorry? He doubted it.

 

            They had been fucking fixing things… they were better!! What the hell happened?! Justin wanted to scream and let it out but all he could do was sit in his car and listen to the sounds of “What Happened To Us?” by Hoobastank. The words related to how he felt towards her and their relationship, in a strange way it made him feel close to her.

 

            His cell phone had rang so many times… he knew everyone had found out. Didn’t they realize that he needed to be alone? He didn’t want to be bothered by anyone.

 

            “Why, my angel… why?” He asked aloud, as if she could hear him… but she couldn’t. He was sure that she was back in bed with David anyway.

 

            The thought crumbled his heart and made him sick to his stomach, before he knew it, the door to his car was opened and he was heaving on the side of the road. He was a broken man and Justin hated it.

 

            Thoughts plagued him and he couldn’t understand anything. Natalia had been enough woman for him and he didn’t need another woman. Sure he had slept with Paris once, but he didn’t even fucking remember it!!

 

            That could be even constituted as rape… but that wasn’t the point. The point was, shouldn’t he have been all Natalia needed?

            “WHAT?” He grabbed the cell phone that hadn’t stopped ringing as he reentered his car.

 

            “J… you alright?” JC came through the speaker, which only made Justin angrier. He was sure Natalia put him up to this…no more games.

 

            “Oh never better… just happy to have gotten the trash out of my life.”

 

            “Dude… I….”

 

            “Whatever man… I don’t give a shit anymore…  but yeah I’m busy now… gotta take care of some shit and live up my new found bachelor life…”

 

            “Don’t give me that shit… I know you and I know how you feel about her… you’re not okay right now.” JC’s words irritated him further. He hated his best friend’s assumptions.

 

            “Josh… I don’t get involved in your non-existent relationship with Savannah, so stay the fuck out of the end of mine.” Justin said harshly, a little too harshly in fact.

 

            “I just wanted to be there for you man… and fuck you because you don’t even know what the fuck is going on with me and Annah!!”

 

            “WHATEVER…JUST STAY OUT OF MY LIFE!! I NEED A FRIEND NOT A FUCKING THERAPIST RIGHT NOW!!!” Justin was shaking from anger and took a deep breath. “When you feel like being a friend and listening… give me a call…until then… don’t call me again.”

 

            He hung up the phone and stared at the road blankly. If he could talk to Natalia without freaking out on her, all he would want to ask was “why?” He didn’t want a bullshit excuse either, He wanted the truth.

 

            But there was no point anymore… it was over and he was left broken, he was half the man he used to be and it was all her fault.

 

**

            “Sweetie…?” Ricky was staring at me when I awoke in a warm bed. I stayed quiet, just examining Ricky’s face before feeling the stinging in my own. I raised my hand to my cheek and whimpered in pain.

 

            Everything was so clear now.

 

            “It wasn’t a dream… was it?” I said with an ache in my chest. I think I literally felt my heart breaking in two.

 

            “I don’t know what happened… all I know… is that people saw you fight with Justin… and he drove away and you collapsed. Some of Justin’s men found you and brought you here.”

 

            “I cheated on him…”

 

            “With David?” Ricky asked, only receiving a dull nod from me.

 

            My mind scream whore, that’s what Ricky thought of me, that’s what Justin knew I was. I was blank, just lost on my thoughts with my best friend watching me in silence.

 

            “Do you want to talk?”

 

            I shook my head and swallowed hard. This was it, it was over and I couldn’t understand why I just didn’t shut off my cell phone the previous night. If I only wouldn’t have answered my phone.

 

            “I’m here for you, Natalia… I love you.” Ricky placed a kiss on un-bruised cheek and watched me with concern.

 

            I just lay mute and motionless. I had brought this on myself, fucked up my marriage, lost the man I loved…all because I couldn’t keep my pants on… all because I was horrible.

 

            It didn’t even bother me that he slapped me, when normally I would have flipped out. I do not condone any sort of physical violence of a husband to a wife. I lived in a home with domestic abuse and I would never want that for anyone, let alone myself. In a sick way I felt like I deserved it.

 

            My punishment and I deserved worse. I knew it, but I didn’t have the strength to go find Justin so he could administer it. I just mentally berated myself.

 

            Ricky climbed into bed with my and wrapped his arm around me comfortingly. I still didn’t move or say a word and neither did he. I didn’t deserve him as a friend.

 

**

 

            “She’s not good…”

 

            After Natalia had fallen asleep, JC had called to let Ricky know that he had gotten in touch with Justin. They were both updating the other on the ex-couple’s status.

 

            “J is hostile… he called me every name in the book… he’s made me into his verbal punching bag.” JC sighed.

 

            “At least he’s talking, Nat stared at a wall for two hours before falling asleep. She’d cry every once in a while but never speak to me… and if she spoke it was one word answers or a nod.”

 

            “Oh God… I’m really worried for the both of them…”

 

            “Me too…all I know is that there’s more then meets the eye to this all.” Ricky rubbed his forehead and paced back and forth outside of Natalia’s bedroom. He couldn’t leave her alone, he was too afraid of what she would do.

 

            Ricky knew Natalia better than anyone did, he knew that when she was ready she would talk… but he was not sure of how she would cope. She had dangerous ways of making herself “okay.”

 

            “I know. Something isn’t clicking. I just don’t trust that David dude. Tommy and I hired Chris Kirkpatrick, a private investigator, to get the dirt on him. We haven’t told Justin anything yet though… and I don’t think we should.”

 

            “I agree. He has enough to deal with right now.”

 

            “But I will let you know what my suspicion is. My stomach is telling me that David is connected to the Lopez family.” JC explained, speaking into the blue tooth connection in his car.

 

            He had been driving, trying to locate Justin. Josh knew that his best friend might have not wanted him around, but that wasn’t going to change him keeping an eye on him.

 

            “The Lopez’s? Shit…”

 

            “Yeah… I’ll explain it more to you in person… but just a lot of things aren’t clicking and there are too many coincidences.”

 

            “Even if you’re wrong, it’s never bad to be too careful.”

 

            “Exactly!” JC shouted. “Tommy thinks I’m crazy but I know I’m on to something. Anyway, I think I’ve found Justin so let me talk to you later, Rick.”

 

            “Okay… you just be careful and take care of him.”

 

            “I will. You take care of Nat, later dude.” JC hung up the phone and turned off his cars engine. He was parked behind Justin’s truck and sighed. This was going to be a feat in itself.

 

**

 

            Justin had just been sitting in his car, contemplating the last few years of his life. He had been happy, even through the dangers that he had to face. Loving Natalia and having a family made him feel complete…

 

            But it was like that damn Hoobastank song went, “It was too good to be true.” The odds had been against them from the start and Justin could have sworn that they’d make it through anything.

 

            What the fuck happened then?!

 

            “Justin?”

 

            Wiping his eyes, he looked up startled and came to see JC standing outside the door of his car. Goddamnit, was it too much for him to ask to be alone?

 

            “How did you find me?”

 

            “Dumb luck.” JC half smiled. “I thought I could lend you an ear.”

 

            “I don’t feel like talking… just ripping a certain David Boreanaz’s dick off that he fucked my wife with.”

 

            “Sounds like a plan, I just want to make him eat his own balls… that would be cool and kind of gross… but painful.”

 

            “Eat his balls?” Justin laughed softly and it brought joy to JC. He had made his best friend laugh during such a hard time in his life, he really felt as if he accomplished something great. Maybe because of this Justin would open up to him. “I like your thinking… sinister!”

 

            Justin unlocked the door to his car and JC climbed into the passenger side. Justin’s smile had faded and all that was left was the most anguished expression Josh had ever seen.

 

            “You know me… I’m evil and all that good shit.” Josh desperately tried to lighten the mood again but all he received was a fake smile from Justin.

 

            “You’re a good friend, C… I don’t deserve it.”

 

            “Yes you do…man, you’ve always been there for me and Tommy… you do deserve good friends.”

 

            “I just… I wanna scream, ya know? I just wanna know why? Why wasn’t she happy with me? I really was trying to make it all better… but nothing is fucking good enough for her…” Justin was on the verge of crying but held it in.

 

            “I don’t wanna be a dick, but you were trying so hard to make her happy… but were you?”

 

            “Yeah… I was. The thought of having the only woman to understand me…I mean Natalia doesn’t even know the half of my past, but she got me, or so I thought. Was it all bullshit? Dude, was she just phoney all this time?”

 

            “I don’t think she was insincere, I think she’s got issues though. I don’t know why she did what she did but it was a stupid. She fucked up… but do we even know why she did what she did?”

 

            “What do you mean?” Justin looked at JC with hope in his eyes. There could be a chance that his angel was still his angel and he was treasuring that.

 

            “Maybe David did something… all I know is that I don’t trust the fucker. I mean I doubt Natalia would ever cheat on you willingly…”

 

            “I don’t know… before we were married she kissed her ex Dylan when we were dating. I’m just afraid, like how fucking long has this been going on behind my back? I’m afraid of what the goddamn answer is gonna be…” Justin professed with sadness.

 

            “We’re gonna get to the bottom of this… you just need to be okay….”

 

            “I will… I just need to keep my mind off her.” Justin let out a short laugh. “That’s going to be hard though, she’s my obsession. I’m like a fucking teenager when it comes to her.”

 

            “I know man… I know. I feel that way with Savannah, but she doesn’t understand… she doesn’t know…”

 

            “Know what?”

 

            “Eh… I shouldn’t be burdening you with my crap.”

 

            “Dude, you just listened to me bitch about Natalia, I think you can open up to me for a minute about what’s bothering you.”

 

            “I’m just… afraid that marriage is gonna fuck everything up. I see that everyone married and they’re all in shambles… no offense.”

 

            “None taken.”

 

            “Yeah… there’s so much more to it and I sound like a pussy right now. I just… I’m afraid I’m not gonna be what she wants. Annah’s been through so much, does she deserve better than me?”

 

            “Why the fuck are you putting yourself down? You and Savannah are perfect for each other… marriages work through compromise and communication. My wife and I are both stubborn and we haven’t followed that advice, that’s where we went wrong.”

 

            “Communication? Sounds like we both need to do that.” Josh smiled at Justin who just stared out the window.

 

            “Fuck yeah, man, fuck yeah.”

 

**

 

            David stood at the foot of his father and brother’s graves, Lorenzo “Larry” Lopez and Orlando Bloom Lopez. He placed an arrangement of white roses before them and wiped a stray tear that fell.

 

            Each of the three Lopez children each had a different mother and to keep fit, the father kept their mother’s last names. Larry Lopez liked how it was done in Europe and kept the idea going for his three sons, David Boreanaz Lopez, Orlando Bloom Lopez and AJ McLean Lopez.

 

            Both should have been alive today, but were murdered by the hands of those bastards. The Ryan-Timberlake Family.

 

            “I will avenge you.” David whispered, just as his brother AJ walked over to him.

 

            “Yeah, you better avenge them. This fucking plan of yours better work.” AJ hissed.

 

            “Haven’t you ever heard of respect for the dead?” David looked at his brother with annoyance.  AJ always thought he was better than David and always put him down.

 

            “Dad knows I respect him.”

 

            “Whatever.”

            “I hate this waiting around shit. I wanna kill someone already. I’m getting antsy sitting around Florida while you’re gallivanting around New York banging Timberlake’s wife.” A dirty smirk grew on AJ’s face. “Although I wouldn’t mind fucking her. She’s hot as hell.”

 

            “Shut the fuck up… she’s going to be your future sister in law so hands fucking off.”

 

            “Alright, chill. Just let me kill the babies. It’ll be like an eye for an eye… he killed Dad’s son so we kill his son, and he killed Dad so we kill him.”

 

            David just shook his head in disgust at his brother and walked over to his car. AJ just followed, looking amused.

 

            “You do know that Chasez killed Orlando, not Timberlake… right?”

 

            “Yeah he’ll die too… I still wanna kill the kids though… right in front of Timberlake. Watch the little bitch cry.” AJ cackled, only causing David to shake his head.

 

            “You’re one twisted fuck.”

 

            “Yeah, I know…”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story