Chapter 35

 

            Justin held the hand of his date, but still kept his attention on his beautiful estranged wife. He loved that woman more than anything in the world, but she had shattered his heart along with his trust for her. There was no way to repair that.

 

            “Natalia is very beautiful.” Carina spoke up from her glass of champagne. This just caused Justin to laugh bitterly.

 

            “Did you expect any less?”

 

            “No… but I still think she is a fool for hurting you.”

 

            “Yes. I suppose she is.”

 

            He eyed her as she gracefully walked arm and arm with Tommy. His fallen angel, Natalia looked absolutely celestial in her flowing champagne colored gown. Her perfect curves were accented by the dress, which only made Justin stand there and undress her with his eyes. He imagined her body, the one he had seen time and time again, but still desired with every fiber of his being.

 

            How could someone so beautiful be capable of such damage?

 

As he finally ripped his gaze away from her, Justin looked at Carina and smiled. Carina would help Natalia pay for hurting him. He’d break her as she broke him.

 

            “I’ll get us another drink.” Carina said awkwardly, but Justin grabbed her arm and smiled.

 

            “I have a better idea, dance with me?”

 

            “I’d love to.” Carina beamed at Justin and took hold of his hand.

 

            The two made their way to the ball room floor, but Justin still could only think of one thing; his revenge. His sick obsession with revenge had twisted his view on life and seeing Natalia right in front of him smiling as if nothing had happened made his blood boil. Justin just couldn’t understand how she was not crying and begging for his forgiveness as she would have before.

 

            Had Natalia changed that much? Had she really found a new lover in David?

 

            Justin narrowed his eyes at the thought of that filth. He’d never forget how that bastard had his hands all over the woman that belonged to him. What infuriated him the most though, was the fact that Tommy had been turning his back against him. Tommy and Justin were supposed to be best friends… brothers!! It was inconceivable that he was being so childish about the situation and being so cruel as to not even bother to invite him to his Christmas party.

 

            Whatever the case, Justin decided to play up the love act with Carina. Of course, she was a sweet and downright beautiful girl, even better was that she was good in bed. But when it came down to it, she still wasn’t Natalia.

 

            His Natalia was a one of kind woman, and in reality, he hated having to punish her for this, but it was what she deserved. Justin couldn’t very well just take her back after what she had done… well maybe he could but not until she paid for what she did to him.

 

            And she would.

 

**

 

            “So I think I have a permanent smile stuck on my face.” I joked to Tommy whose arm I had been glued to the entire night.

 

            “Haha… I know. I kind of feel like the joker.” Tommy replied, causing me to giggle. I don’t know if it was all the champagne I had consumed, but I was actually starting to have fun and not feel so completely nervous. “

 

“You know what… I’m actually having a good time with you tonight… who knew the once terrifying Thomas Ryan could be a sweetheart.” I pinched his cheek and caused him to laugh.

 

            “Of course I’m a sweet heart… Jesus, Mary and Joseph! How could you ever think differently of me?” He joked.

 

“Well besides that truth I also think it’s because we’re successfully avoiding Justin and Hope. Cheers to that!” I sipped some of my champagne and Tommy just laughed.

 

            “They’re both like the plague.”

 

            Justin was most definitely the plague in my eyes. I was certain that the entire night he had been deliberately trying to hurt me by kissing or holding Carina every time I looked in their direction. What that night made me more certain of was that Justin may have liked Carina, but he still loved me. Even through his hate and anger, he still cared for me.

 

            By knowing that, I decided to hurt him right back by pretending that everything he did was none of my concern. I smiled falsely and acted as if my life was perfect. This might sound completely sick, but I even pretended that Tommy was Justin and we were arm and arm, together again.

 

            But I mean come on, whatever made me smile would be okay.

 

            I looked over at the bar and saw Louis making Ricky smile. That was what love is all about to me, that one person who makes you feel so complete and who can change your mood around so drastically with the smallest of feats. I thought I had that with Justin, but the bad moments always seem to make me question myself.

 

            If you would have asked me a year ago if I loved Justin, I would have said yes and not even had a single doubt in my mind. I just can’t see how true love can occur between two people who do so much harm to each other. Justin and I are destructive to each other; we go through a strange cycle of hurt and love.

 

            I was definitely feeling like I didn’t have the strength to go through this endless circle again. The horrible thought in my mind which I started to accept in that moment was that maybe the divorce was for the best.

 

            I turned to look at Justin dancing the night away with Carina and felt my heart sink. That man that I had fell in love with so many years ago was now so utterly far from me and it hurt. I knew the divorce was needed, but that certainly didn’t mean that I was happy about it.

 

            I knocked myself out of my thoughts and looked over at Tommy who was conversing with some friends of his from Ireland. The same fake smile that I had on all night came back to my face and I sentenced myself back into a night of running from reality.

 

**

 

Hope stared at her husband who looked so serene as he played host to his seemingly endless group of friends. All she could manage to think about was how their once happy marriage had been based on lies.

 

She was angry, she wanted to fight, she wanted to cry, but most importantly Esperanza Ciro wanted her revenge. That could have possibly been the reason why she kept Kip around so long. She knew it seemed pathetic to have Kip around but it made some part of her feel like she was hurting Tommy.

 

Thomas Ryan had been the only man that she had ever loved and the way he had treated her and blatantly lied to her had broken her spirit. Hope took a long sip of her champagne before dragging Kip over to Justin and Carina.

 

“They look happy.” Hope gritted through her teeth. “Our plan is definitely not working.”

 

“I know… this really backfired. We look like the assholes right now.” Justin sighed. “It’s just like she doesn’t even care… it makes me want to slap the bitch.”

 

“I have an idea…” Carina smiled deviously, taking a glass of champagne from one of the passing trays. “Just trust me… I’ll make Natalia cry and make Tommy feel like hell.”

 

Hope watched as the beautiful Carina sauntered her way towards Tommy and Natalia. Hope’s eyes widened as she put two and two together. Carina was going to humiliate Natalia. All Hope could do was stand and watching, feeling nothing but sympathy for her distant best friend.

 

**

 

“Ugh, I’m getting tired.” I yawned. “It’s really sad when 11:30 becomes late for you.” I caused Tommy to chuckle and he looked at me with sparkling brown eyes which seemed nothing but compassionate.

 

“That’s what having three year old twins will do to you.”

 

“I know… I can’t even believe they’re three already. I feel so old.”

 

“Hey, I’m much older than you sweetheart and I’m definitely not grandpa material yet.” Tommy and I laughed, unaware of the situation that was going to unfold in mere seconds.

 

In the blink of an eye, a cold liquid made its way down the front of my dress. My laughing ceased and all I could do was look up in complete horror and shock at my attacker, Carina. I hadn’t even noticed the girl approaching us.

 

“What the fuck is this?!” Tommy roared.

 

Everything seemed to be in slow motion for me as my jaw stood open. The party slowly seemed to quiet down at the sound of Tommy’s yell. I felt dizzy and I looked around the room, trying to find some solace. I looked for Ricky and Louis but they weren’t anywhere in sight. Across the room, Justin who was just gazing back at me with eyes piercing through me with a gaze of lust and hate.

 

“Stay out of this, MICK!” Carina growled. “I have something to say to the fine people at this party. I want you all to know about this filth standing before me.” Carina shoved me back and I stumbled slightly, still in shock. “This whore.”

 

“CARINA… THAT IS ENOUGH!”

 

“NO. It’s not enough. None of you are aware that this woman is none other than a cheater. She cheated on her husband, the father of her children. All she cares about is her own personal gain. Your hostess this evening is nothing but a fraud. She happily sipped her champagne while she ripped my Justin’s heart apart. She and Tommy are both TRASH! They both lied to their significant others and hurt them. Tommy had a child with another woman, he cheated on his wife and didn’t even have the decency to let her know. YOUR HOST IS A PIG!”

 

I felt like I was going to die, right then and there. All eyes were on me and I wanted to be sick. Everyone was judging me and thinking of how much of a bad person I was. All I could do was break, the demeanor of strength and indifference was gone and I was reduced to tears.

 

“Cry a river, bitch. It won’t get him back. You don’t deserve him.”

 

I felt Tommy grab my hand and I knew he was as mortified and hurt as I. I heard him yell for the guards to escort Carina out, but the damage was already done.

 

“HEY!” Savannah appeared almost out of nowhere. She had disappeared for a number of days, somewhere with Josh, trying to talk. I hadn’t expected her to be at the party but somewhere beneath the tears, I was so happy to see her. “Back the fuck off my friend, tramp.”

 

Savannah was angry and the hard shove Carina received showed it all. The girl fell to the floor and Savannah hovered over her in anger. It was almost ironic to see the once sweet southern girl change into a tough and hardened woman. The Mafia situation had definitely changed her.

 

“Bitch, you listen and listen good… you stay the fuck AWAY from Natalia and Tommy. This is your fucking warning…I’m not afraid of you. I’ll break your face if I see you again… now…Carina.. take Justin, Hope and Kip and get the fuck OUT!”

 

Carina blinked a few times before rising. Her stance was nothing but intimidation, as she ran towards Justin. I think he was even shocked at Savannah’s strength because he chose to grab Carina and head for the door.

 

I, on the other hand, just hugged Savannah as tightly as I could. I was eternally grateful and a hug did not suffice that. She just pulled me and Tommy towards the balcony, with JC in tow. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story