Chapter 39

 

            “So do you think that she’ll be able to get his phone?” JC asked Tommy who was reading “The Sun Also Rises” by Ernest Hemmingway.

 

            It was funny, Tommy never struck JC as someone who was intellectual, in fact, JC often thought that all Tommy cared about was the business. Justin may have ruled the business by name, but Tommy still put his sweat, blood and tears into keeping them all safe. There was still much about Tommy that JC didn’t know and now since his break up with Hope, much was being revealed.

 

            “I know she will… Natalia knows what’s riding on all of this and I think she wants to bring David down.” Tommy stated without looking up from his novel. “I don’t think any of us, including Justin, really give her enough credit for how resourceful she is.”

 

            “It sounds like someone’s developing a crush.”

 

            “No it’s not like that; I love Hope very much and want to be with her, it’s just that I have admiration for Natalia. The girl has been through so much and it’s bloody amazing that she hasn’t broken down.”

 

            “I agree with you on that… and she puts up with Justin, who I think is schizophrenic.” JC laughed.

 

            “His life hasn’t been that easy either.”

 

            “I know…I think he needs to get his ass to counseling or something. His issues with his father, the drugs and-”

 

            “You know that he slips up sometimes don’t you?” Tommy looked up at JC finally and sighed. “You know why he’s moody… he gets the urges and he’ll go into his stash and indulge. I mean this isn’t often but I know he does…”

 

            “Are you kidding me?” JC sat back in his chair and placed his hand on his forehead. “I thought he stopped that shit a long time ago.”

 

            “He can’t handle the business… its put so much pressure on him that he looks for a release. He’s never said anything but I know it.”

 

            JC was upset with himself for being such a terrible friend to Justin. How could he have not seen through this all? How could he have been so wrapped up in his own problems not to see that Justin needed help?

 

            “Natalia would set him straight if she knew.”

 

            “She’d leave him for good if she knew… not that I’d blame her.” Tommy said and shrugged. “But his past is not mine to tell her… I’m just hoping that he’ll come clean now that he has her back.”

 

            “So do I.” JC looked out the window of the car and stared at the restaurant which they were parked right across the street from. “Who the hell is that?!” JC looked confused when he saw a man who looked exactly like Justin, walk into Eyre.

 

            JC knew that it wasn’t Justin. It couldn’t be. Justin had no idea where Natalia and David were meeting… hell he hadn’t even known about the meeting. This was just his eyes playing tricks on him.

 

            Tommy also looked up and caught a glimpse of the tall man walking straight into the restaurant.

 

            “Oh shit…”

 

**

            David’s hand was on mine when I finally snapped myself out of the trance he had me under. I moved my hand away from his quickly and knew that I had to hurry up and get my ass to work. I was going to steal his cell phone and I was going to bring down the man I once considered a friend.

 

            “David… please…”

 

            “No… you need to hear me out.” David quickly refilled my glass with more wine. He seemed to fumble through his actions and seemed genuinely nervous. I swear I didn’t understand this guy in the least. Was he just a good actor or did he truly have feelings for me? I wasn’t sure.

 

            “I just want to be friends.” I said interrupting him with a forced smile. “You are a great guy but I’m not ready to be in a relationship with anyone… “

 

            “I understand that but I just need to get this out… I’ve always cared about you. I mean from the minute I saw you I was just entranced… it was like I realized what my point of living was... and that was to be with you.” He smiled at me, trying to reach his hand for mine again. “I can’t give up on this…the feeling you give me is indescribable.”

 

            “That’s funny. I used to say that about Natalia too.”

 

            Someone had intruded on our conversation and stood right before us. I slowly raised my gaze upwards, knowing exactly who that person was. My blood ran cold at the sight of the man I truly loved staring at me with such rage. Justin’s face was contorted with anger and his body language just screamed that he was ready to break something or someone. His fist was curled up so tightly that his knuckles were white from stress. I was truly afraid of what he was capable of.

 

            “W-w-what are you doing here?” I had turned completely pale seeing Justin in front of me. Not again! Fuck! We had just made up… he had to understand… Damnit.

 

            “I came to visit you and possibly take you out to celebrate after you’re supposed “business meeting”. Now tell me Nat… were you planning on crawling under the table and blowing him or bringing him into the bathroom?”

 

            “It wasn’t like that…”

 

            “Save it.” He waved his hand dismissively. “She gives some good pussy doesn’t she? That’s why I married her. The little slut is so tight… she grips the fuck out of my cock and makes me bust like no other. Too bad she can’t keep her legs closed. I really didn’t want to give it up but it looks like I’m going to have to.”

 

            “Don’t talk about her that way.” David stood up and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

            “Why not? I’m telling the truth.” Justin looked over at me with a twisted smile. His arm reached out and grabbed me roughly. Justin’s hands mauled my chest; I struggled against his rough touches, trying to get away from him. “You little fucking slut. I bet you give it up to anyone and everyone…. Did you fuck Tommy at the Christmas party? How about JC? I bet you gave everyone and their brother what was supposed to be ONLY mine!!!”

 

            He was shaking me roughly. I wanted Justin away from me. I wanted him to calm down. I had to try and reason with him.

 

            “I love you Justin… I swear to God I haven’t been with anyone. You have to believe me…”

 

            “FUCK YOU!” He yanked at my hair and pulled my face into his. “One would think I’d be enough dick for you. I fill you up… I make you fucking scream but you’re still not satisfied.”

 

            I started to struggle twice as hard now, mostly because I can’t stand when my hair is pulled. It just enrages me because my father would use my hair to control me as a kid. So at that moment, all I saw was my father and all my rage for him.

 

            “GET OFF ME!!!!!”

 

            David pulled Justin off me and in an attempt to save me he pushed Justin away from me and got up in his face. I was shaking violently from the fear and anger. Justin had never done something like this to me. He had never shown me this anger problem that he had and quite frankly, I was terrified.

 

            “Natalia’s a good woman and she can do a hell of a lot better than you. You’re a fucking lowlife piece of shit Timberlake. You need to leave her the fuck alone… NOW!”

 

            I was stunned. Hearing Justin talk about me like that made me feel like vomiting right there and David actually defending me was even crazier. I really was unsure of what was going on but one thought plagued my mind; was the only reason Justin wanted to get back with me was because he liked how I was in bed? I had always said that I was just sex to him… maybe this was him admitting it.

 

            “AND YOU? YOU’RE A FUCKING HOMEWRECKER!”  Justin picked up my glass of wine and whipped it across David’s face, instantly breaking into pieces.

 

            I knew I had to get out of there. Justin had lost it and I was afraid of what he was going to do me. I got up to my feet and ran for the exit. The only thing running through my mind was that I had to get the hell away from Justin if I wanted to live. I felt terrible that I left David there, taking the brunt of Justin’s anger, but at the same time, that fucking prick deserved it.

 

            This was entirely his fault anyway.

 

**

 

            Restaurant security was trying to restrain Justin but it seemed impossible, Justin’s anger was at an all time high and he would be damned if he didn’t get to finish this once and for all.

 

            “Natalia and I have two fucking children… does that mean anything to you?! You fucking split up a family!!”

 

            “Natalia and those kids deserve someone better than you to be a husband and a father! They deserve a life away from danger!” David screamed at Justin. The man was in so much pain; bits of glass were embedded in his face but he refused to let himself look weak. David knew that he would have to be strong right now… this was all for Natalia.

 

            Justin’s blue eyes blazed with fury. This man thought that he knew everything? That he was better for Natalia? That was fucking bullshit. Justin knew that Natalia was his and he was not about to let this bastard take her from him.

 

            “YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME OR MY FAMILY!” Justin’s arm pulled back and a heavy blow hit David in the face. David’s head slammed against the wall, instantly knocking him out.

 

            The restaurant was in an uproar, people were trying to grab onto Justin and stop him but the Mafia Lord wouldn’t have that. The adrenaline was pumping through his veins as he looked around the restaurant for Natalia. Where the fuck was she? That bitch was not going to get away…not until she heard and felt what he had to say.

 

            Justin ran out of the restaurant and into the night.

 

**

 

            My pumps were furiously clicking on the icy ground as I ran towards my car. I didn’t know if anyone was following me and I was too terrified to turn around and check. I just wanted to be as far away as I could.

 

            “NATALIA!!!”

 

            He was after me. I forced myself to run faster. Justin was not going to lay a fucking hand on me. I didn’t care what I had to do… he would not touch me.

 

            “HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!” I screamed as I sprinted down the street.

 

            No one seemed to care; no one even looked up as I ran. What the fuck was wrong with these people? How could anyone be so heartless to not even bother to see what was the matter when a girl is screaming her head off? What the fuck is with people today in age?

 

            “YOU BETTER STOP FUCKING RUNNING!” His voice came from closer behind me.

 

            I was so close to my car, I knew I just had to make it. Justin had finally lost his mind; I couldn’t believe that I was terrified of losing my life to Justin. I felt like I wouldn’t even be able to reason with him. This wasn’t my Justin… this was someone else wearing his skin… this was a monster.

 

            I fumbled through my purse for the keys when two hands pushed against my shoulders and threw me into my brand new BMW X5. Besides the fear and pain, I was pretty annoyed at what I imagined to be a horrible dent in the side of my car. That fucking prick bastard… THAT CAR WAS A LEASE!

 

            “You fucking little bitch. You should know for a fact that you can’t ever get away from me.” His hot breath came down on my neck, causing me to shiver violently at the feeling.

 

            “HELP ME!!!” I screamed again.

 

            Justin responded to this by slamming my body into the car again. I knew that bruises would be forming and turn into a lovely shade of purple by tomorrow. I was crying, something I always seemed to be doing lately thanks to Justin. It wasn’t even the physical pain, it was the fact that my heart was breaking. How could he hurt me like this? How could he have any right to put his hands upon me like this?

 

            I would not be my Mother and allow a man to beat me; that’s what I decided and in an instant, I pushed backwards. Justin stumbled backwards and removed his hands from me. I took this time to turn around and stare at him.

 

            “You need psychological help.” I was seething with a million different emotions but determination seemed to be the front runner. No man would lay his hands upon me.

 

            “I DO?! You’re the fucking nymphomaniac who spreads them for the first male she sees.”

 

            “WHAT? Oh you’re joking right now. You’re the one who isn’t even sure of how many people that he’s slept with. You probably have tons of illegitimate children out there, which is terribly sad… and might I add this…you ARE the one who has to sleep with me multiple times a day to be satisfied!”

 

            A heavy hand whisked through the air and met my cheek with a force. My mouth hung open for a moment as I stared at him. I knew I shouldn’t have been shocked at how insane Justin was but I couldn’t help it. It was like I was seeing his true colors for the first time.

 

            “You don’t know jack shit about my past… so don’t even fucking open your mouth.”

 

            “PLEASE! You’re like a textbook case… your father beat you because he couldn’t stand looking at your miserable ass because your mother died. He didn’t have her around to hit so he started on you… and you’re hitting me because of what you saw and experienced at home. You need to talk to a counselor.” Another slap came across my face.

 

            “Take my mothers name out of your filthy mouth. I’m not my father and you will never be my mom. She was a good and faithful woman and you are a dirty whore. I should have listened to Joseph Ryan when he told me that you were nothing but a gold digging slut.” Justin pinned me to the car and was talking to my in a way which seemed like he wanted his words to become like venom… and they were.

 

            How could he bring up those hurtful words? How could he fucking defend Joseph Ryan after he aborted our child? After how he kept us apart? I would not show Justin that he was getting to me because it would only give him satisfaction. He didn’t deserve to get that.

 

            “Slut, whore… is that the only insult you have? I didn’t sleep with David. YOU ARE CRAZY AND DELUSIONAL!”

 

            “Yeah right… you didn’t fuck him but I’m sure you would have later that night… you dirty bitch.” He pulled the car keys out of my hand and unlocked the door, shoving me into the backseat. “Aww… how sweet… didn’t we fuck in the backseat before?”

 

            “I’m not doing ANYTHING with you!” I screamed frantically. “SOMEONE PLEASE!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!”

 

            Oh God. The only thing that was going through my head was that this was going to be a real life version of “Kim” by Eminem… yeah the one where he kills his wife? I don’t know how many times I’ve said it but Justin had lost his mind because of a misunderstanding. Was he really that easily broken?

 

            “WHY? Just fucking why?! Why did you do this again?!” He was on top of me, shaking me viciously while the tears fell from his eyes for the first time that night. “I fucking gave you EVERYTHING you wanted… I did anything you fucking wanted! I went fucking ice skating for you… I fucking moved to this disgusting state for you…I WAS WILLING TO CHANGE MY LIFE FOR YOU!”

 

            WHY THE FUCK WASN’T ANYONE HELPING ME? I knew people were around probably just watching… why didn’t they stop him? Why didn’t they pull him off me? What the fuck was wrong with everyone? This was not like New Yorkers… we all fucking took care of each other… what the hell?

 

            “Please… Justin… don’t do anything crazy… think about the twins… “ I was struggling against Justin, but all his body weight was on top of me and I could barely breathe, let alone move.

 

            “SHUT UP!” Justin cupped my face with one hand and pulled down my fishnet stockings with the other. “You’re going to listen and get what’s coming to you.”

 

            He was not about to do what I thought he was… was he? He was not going to force himself on me?

 

            “HELP!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!! HE’S GOING TO KILL ME PLEASE!! THIS ISN’T A JOKE!! PLEASE!!!”

 

            If I got out of this, I was definitely taking a self defense class and getting my ass to church. That was all that was going through my head as I kneed Justin over and over, trying to weaken his grip on him. I was writhing, doing anything I could to wiggle out of his grip but it was feeling futile after a while.

 

            Joshua Scott Chasez suddenly yanked Justin off of me and became a savior in my eyes. I completely overlooked the fact that he and Tommy promised me that they were not going to let anything bad happen to me. They were here now and getting Justin the hell away from me, that was the most important thing.

 

            “Go… Natalia get the hell out of here.” JC tossed my car keys at me and slammed my car door shut. I sat bewildered for a moment as I locked the car door.

 

            This had most certainly not happened… had it? I let out a fearful shiver at the thought of what could have been if it wasn’t for JC and Tommy who were now restraining Justin.

 

            “Drive Natalia!!” The Irish accent knocked me out of my thoughts and with a simple nod; I climbed into the drivers seat and started my car up.

 

            “DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE LEAVE NATALIA!!” Justin screamed and sent a heavy kick to my car window.

 

            Everything was moving in slow motion for me. I knew exactly what was going on and what I was doing; but this all still felt like a fucked up dream. The Justin that I fell in love with would never lay a hand upon me… or would he? I was truly starting to believe that I didn’t know a damn thing when it came down to it. Had the business changed him… or was this just his personality all along? I mean the guy killed people for a living when I met him… but he just seemed gentle then.

 

            I was wrong.

 

            I drove to the house of the one person that I knew would understand. Ricky Seaver would understand and find a way to fix all of this. My face was soaking wet with tears that had fallen so hard. I just wanted to go back to a time before all this drama ensued. Isn’t it great to wish for the impossible?

 

**

 

            “FUCK YOU!” Justin was finally released after Natalia had driven away. Both Tommy and JC were concerned for her safety and the mental state of their best friend. Justin was clearly losing his mind. “How fucking dare either of you get involved in something that was between ME and MY WIFE?!”

 

            “Dude… we’re just watching out for you… you need to relax a little…” JC stated honestly. He was terrified for his friend, especially because what Tommy had told him. Was Justin really on cocaine again?

 

            This angered JC. But he knew that attacking Justin would do nothing but send him tumbling deeper into the drugs. It just seemed so odd that Justin would go back on this stuff after almost over dosing dozens of times.  There was so much more… the way Justin got the drugs… the way he sold himself for the drugs. It was all so twisted and disgusting but he thought that was all behind Justin… obviously not.

 

            “FUCK THAT! She needs to be taught a fucking lesson!”

 

            “You fucking psychopath. She was talking to the guy and this is how you react?!” Tommy was ready to punch Justin is his face. Natalia was a good girl and it was horrible that they couldn’t just tell Justin the truth about why Natalia was speaking to David.

 

            That was Natalia’s tale to tell anyway, not theirs.

 

            “SHE HAD HIM BEFORE WHATS TO STOP HER NOW?!” Justin raged. “Why are the both of you defending her?! Don’t fucking tell me the two of you are gang banging her?!”

 

            “Why is everything about sex to you? I think that’s a better question!” Tommy glared at Justin and was just about ready to raise his fist and punch him in the face. Tommy had the utmost respect for Natalia, and listening speak such filth about someone who had become a close friend to him was disgusting.

 

            “FUCK BOTH OF YOU! You were supposed to be my fucking friends… you were supposed to be on my fucking side!” Justin shoved Tommy and JC away from him.

 

            “J don’t be like this… we’re just trying to help you…” JC was always trying to be the voice of reason and usually it worked… but not this time. Justin was walking away from his friends with his fists clenched tightly at his sides.

 

            “You’re either with me or against me… just remember that because it applies to friendship and business.”

 

           

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story