Author's Chapter Notes:
review guysss... please? i hate begging... lolz

Chapter 9

 

            I spaced off, as I tended to do always and just got lost in my thoughts. What would have become of me if it weren’t for Justin? Would I have finished school and actually done something with my life?

 

            Or would I have become the bum that everyone always expected me to be?

 

            Sometimes it’s so hard to fathom how fast time has flown by. I mean I’m still just a kid and so much has happened to me. I mean I love my kids and I would never trade them for the world, but sometimes I wish I could have lived a normal life. I mean I’m only 22 years old.

 

            It’s scary that a few years ago I was a lazy bum mooching off my Mom and fighting with my brother.

 

            At that moment though, an idea hit me. I wanted to see my brother and I wanted to make peace with my family. I wanted my Mommy. I wanted to tell her that she was right about Justin.

 

            He was just a gangster that would hurt me.

 

            “Hey guys… you wanna go for ice cream?” David asked the twins and I with a smile.

 

            “Yeah!!” They yelled in union. I just laughed at their excitement.

 

            “You guys go… maybe I’ll just stay in…” I grabbed a copy of “The Godfather” which laid on the coffee table. “And do some reading.”

 

            “Yeah, reading about the Mafia is sure gonna help you to get your mind off everything.” David pulled the book out of my hand and rolled his eyes. “You need to get out of this house and function like a normal person. You can’t hide forever.”

 

            “I know…” I sighed. “And I was thinking that maybe I could heal the rifts between my family…go home maybe…”

 

            “You do what you want girl, but just know my door is always open.” David held out a hand to me and helped me up off the couch. “Now lets go!”

 

            “Alright alright!” I smiled and adjusted the top of my baby blue bebe sweat suit.

 

            I picked up Samantha and Nikolas and headed over to David’s pimped out black Escalade. I buckled the twins up in the back and then got in the passenger’s seat next to David.

 

            “You ready, doll?” He smiled so warmly at me, making me feel so safe.

 

            “Yeah.” I smiled back at him and took hold of his hand, giving it a squeeze.

 

            **

 

            We drove to the local ice cream store, which thrilled the twins. Upon seeing it they squealed. I usually didn’t like letting them have too many sweets because they got beyond hyper.

 

            They would seriously bounce off the walls, which tested my patients, but I figured, what the hell, a little ice cream might help them. Maybe it would get their minds off Justin too.

 

            “So what kind of ice cream do you guys want?” David asked the twins whom he was holding. It was adorable to watch him with them because he was so good with kids.

 

            “Chocolate!!” Nikolas exclaimed.

 

            “I want pink!” Sammie giggled and bit her bottom lip.

 

            “Strawberry you mean.” I said and laughed at her cuteness.

 

            The four of us walked into the ice cream place and from the corner of my eye, I saw someone watching us. I knew exactly who was probably following me or had people following me, but I was going to make sure that there wouldn’t be enough time for Justin to make an appearance.

 

            “Two cones, one chocolate and one strawberry. A waffle cone with cookie dough ice cream and Nat… you want anything?” David looked at me.

 

            “No I’m okay.”

 

            “I want sprinkles on mine!!” Samantha yelled.

 

            “Me too!!” Nick said.

 

            “And sprinkles.” David laughed, taking my hand and holding it. “Relax… okay.”

 

            “I’m trying.” I half smiled. “And I’m obviously not doing a good job.”

 

            “It’s hard… I know. But you need to be strong.” David advised me and looked deep into my eyes.

 

            “I know… I mean you keep telling me that but it’s like it goes in one ear and out the other.”

 

            “Don’t say that… I think you’re doing one hell of a job coping considering that you’re life has been turned upside down.”

 

            “Thank you so much for being here for me.” I reached over and hugged David tightly, only to hear the twins running around the small ice cream parlor. “Nikolas!! Samantha!! Come here now!”

 

            “Sorry Momma…” Nikolas grabbed his sister and ran over to me.

 

            “Here guys… ice cream!” David smiled and handed the twins their ice cream. That would busy them for about oh, 5 minutes, tops. “Now sit and talk with me.”

 

            “I’m kinda nervous…” I admitted as we sat down together at one of the small tables. The twins were busy eating their ice cream and didn’t bother to say a word to either of us.

 

            I doubt they understood what we were talking about anyway.

 

            “Why?”

 

            “I don’t want him to show up here… I mean I know we were being followed.” I picked at my nails nervously, chipping away my manicure.

 

            “Stop it, Natalia. You need to relax and definitely not fear him.”

 

            “David, you don’t know him like I do. He always gets what he wants.”

 

            “Not this time.” David took my hand and placed a kiss on it. “I have your back.”

 

            “I know… but I can’t stay in your home forever. I mean the twins are a handful… and I can’t put you in danger.”

 

            “I want you to stay with me… you bring a light to my life and I love having you in my home.” David sighed and stared at the ground. “If it were possible, I’d want you to stay forever.”

 

            I looked up at David, my blue eyes meeting his deep brown ones. He leaned in, ready to kiss me when he made clear that he was around. And I really don’t think I need to state who, HE, is but for the lay, I will say it.

 

            Justin was there, just as I fucking predicted.

 

            I quickly pulled away from David, whose lips I was aching to kiss. But I had to act like a deer in headlights and stare at Justin. It’s not like I didn’t know this was going to happen.

 

            Doesn’t it always happen to me?

            “Natalia…” Justin looked pale and basically a mess. His hair was long and grown out and the beard that adorned his face was not at all attractive.

 

            I cringed upon looking at him, wanting to vomit. He cheated on me. He fucked our children’s babysitter.

 

            “DADDY!!” Samantha’s ice cream was dropped onto the floor and she ran at her father. Always a Daddy’s girl.

 

            “Hey baby girl.” He picked her up and placed a kiss onto her cheek. “I missed you.”

 

            Nikolas just looked at me, obviously the day I left really affected him. I just nodded at him and he jumped off his chair and to his father.

 

            “Nicky… I missed you…” Justin cradled his two children in his arms and then stared at me. “We’re leaving… now. Get up and follow me now.”

 

            “I’m not going anywhere and neither are my children.” I said through clenched teeth.

 

            “They’re my children too!! Natalia just fucking talk to me.”

 

            “No we don’t, Justin.” I stood up and grabbed my two children from his arms. “I don’t want to talk about this right now… so leave.”

 

            “I’m not going anywhere until I talk to you.”

 

            “David.” I turned and half-smiled. “Can you watch the twins for a second. This won’t take long.”

           

            “Sure thing, beautiful.” David half smiled at me. I just sighed. 

 

            “Don’t call her that. She’s married.” Justin glared at David. I shoved him towards the doorway.

 

            “I’m separated asshole. ON THE FUCKING VERGE OF DIVORCE!!!!” I screamed when I reached outside. “I GUESS IT’S OKAY FOR YOU TO FORGET THAT WE WERE MARRIED WHEN YOU WERE FUCKING PARIS!!! So tell me Justin, did you really give it to her better than you gave it to me?!”

 

            “That wasn’t me Natalia… something came over me…”

 

            “A HARD ON CAME OVER YOU!!! YOU GOT HORNY, SO YOU WANTED TO FUCK!!!!” I shook my head, laughing almost insanely. “I just don’t understand… I gave you pussy whenever you wanted and you just went to Paris… the fucking babysitter to our children!!! How many times has it happened before, Justin? Huh? FUCKING TELL ME!!”

 

            “It’s never happened before, Nat… I swear.”

 

            I slapped Justin across the face with all my might.

 

            “DON’T FUCKING LIE TO ME!!” I almost started to cry but I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction. “It’s over Justin. No turning back, we’re done.” I ran my hand along my face.

 

            “We’re not done, Natalia.” Justin walked over and grabbed me. “We never will be. You take your time and get over this… but you are mine, plain and fucking simple.”

 

            I could smell the liquor on his breath so I decided not to answer him back. I didn’t want to press his buttons, even though it took a lot for me not to. 

 

            “Every part of you is mine… your heart… your eyes… your mind.” Justin ran his hand down my face. “Your whole body is mine and not meant for anyone else…you are my soul mate, Natalia… and we are going to be together again.”

 

            His lips came down onto mine and I hated to admit it, but he still had his same effect on me as always.

 

            Justin pulled away from me and walked over to his car.

 

            “Remember… you can’t hide from me forever… or keep my children away from me. I know where you are at all times.”

 

            Nervously, I walked back into the ice cream parlor, where David was calming the twins.

 

            “David… we need to go.”

 

            He was barely looking at me, but just nodded and held the twins in his arms. We walked outside to his car while I just spaced off, thinking about what just happened with Justin.

 

            He played me once and would play me again. I wasn’t going to be his property. He wasn’t going to fucking win this one!

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story