Story Notes:

Personal note in 2014: I am completely cringing and embarrassed by this, but since it was my first NSYNC-centric story posted on here, I won't delete it no matter how badly I'm itching to, lol.

2008

stories/1770/images/Esa_2.png

Adonis was always taking me somewhere and this time, I had no idea where he wanted to take me and he wouldn't tell me. I continued to do my hair and I badgered him.

"Donni, tell me where the hell you're taking me," I said.

He ignored me and took some of my cousin's gel to freshen up his mohawk.


"Adonis Noie De Lorenzo don't mess with me," I said angrily. I'm not sure why, but he seemed to always know I was serious when I called him by his full name.

"My job at the photo studio gets me into some really exclusive parties. So I got invited to this party and I'm bringing you as a guest," he told me.


"Are you allowed to do that? Aren't you supposed to be snapping photos?" I asked.

 "Technically, yes. But I was invited as a party guest not as a photographer and I'm allowed to bring a date so, you're my date. But now that I think about it, you're annoying me so I'll take someone else," he replied.


"Do not get drop kicked. Are you at least going to tell me who's party it is?" I asked.


"Nope. Just don't worry about it and worry about looking good. You know how superficial individuals in Hollywood can be," he replied.


I made a face at him through the mirror and finished up the last of my hair. I was reluctant to wear a dress so I talked Adonis into letting me wear tights but only if I wore heels. He literally killed me on the inside with that bargain, but I accepted. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time and popped gum into my mouth as I headed out the door.


"Make sure that's gone before we go in," Donni said as he searched for a parking spot.

"Ugh! I can never do NOTHING!" I said imitating George Lopez. He smiled and shook his head, so I knew I could hold onto my gum for a little bit longer.

For some reason I was extremely nervous and I had no idea why. I didn't even get that antsy around people who were famous. I live in LA, I see famous people all the time, sometimes more than I'd liket to. I looped my arm through Adonis' arm and we strolled to the high class mansion. There was a waiter at the front with drinks as we entered, but I pulled Adonis away quickly. I'm not legal so I couldn't even look that direction.

"Heyy! Those were free drinks," he complained.

"I don't care, I don't drink and neither will you. I'm not letting you embarrass yourself by getting wasted at an exclusive party. No way," I said.

"Sometimes I hate that you care about me," he joked.

I rolled my eyes and we continued to walk. I had no idea where he was taking me but I just followed. I swear this whole party was full of people you didn't think would be called "exclusive" compared to LA standards. They looked like a bunch of friends just hanging out at a gathering, not trying to impress anyone or be impressed. Adonis stopped and while I snapped back into reality, I saw that we were at a bar. I thought I told him no drinking. I don't care if he's 20, I mean business damn it.

The second I was about to open my mouth, Donni moved aside and my jaw dropped at the sight of who he was conversing with. I couldn't move, I couldn't think, I don't even believe I was breathing anymore.

"Esamar...?" I heard Donni say.

This was new. I'd never been star struck before. I mean, never ever. I was just so shocked. And I can't imagine how I was looking to everyone right now.

"Esa! Snap out of it, people are gonna think you're autistic or something," he whispered to me.

I blinked my eyes for the first time and coughed trying to play off how embarrassed I was.

"Esamar this is J--"

"JC Chasez, yes, I know," I said as he reached out, grasping my hand softly and smiling. My insides were a big pile of goo.

"Hi Esamar, it's nice to meet you," said JC.

"Likewise," I said. I was just.....I'm just.....I don't know what I am!

"I'm sorry JC, she's normally not like that when meeting people," Donni explained. JC swatted away his comment as if to say, it's fine.

"If you've waited 10 years to meet someone and you just randomly do that, you wouldn't be so calm either," I said.

JC smiled. "10 years? Really?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yes and I have 4 more people and 40 years to go to make my life complete."

He laughed his infamous laugh and I felt like I was floating on air. "Wait. Donni how do you and JC even know each other?" I asked.

"He just happened to have a shoot at the studio last week and none of his people who arranged the shoot were there and neither were mine. So we started talking and I told him how big a fan my friend is of NSYNC and he invited us to this gathering as guests so he could meet you," he said.

"Wow, Donni I can't even begin to say thank you," I said.

"You don't have to, just let me beat you in Dance Dance Revolution a few times and we're good," he joked.

I shook my head and turned back toward JC. "Thank you, too. I really appreciate this. It was nice of you."

"You're very welcome, after waiting 10 years, I could at least give you a break. Speaking of that, you look pretty young, exactly how old were you 10 years ago?" he asked.

"I was about 8," I replied, feeling like a young chap because I was so little back then.

"Aww, so you're only 18? Man, I'm gettin' old," he said.

I laughed. "Not even, you haven't aged a bit."

"Well thank you," he said. He gave me a very intense look, I just felt his eyes piercing through mine. Like he was reading everything about me through my eyes. I guess he didn't realize he was staring because he quickly looked away, blinking his eyes repeatedly. I smiled to myself turning away in case my face was red. All of a sudden I heard the familiar bass of a song kick in. 'Come To Me' by JC was blaring throughout the entire party.

"Hey, isn't this your favorite song, Esa? You play the part about masturbation so many times, I could never miss this one!" Donni said.

My mouth dropped all the way open, literally. No he didn't. I looked at JC and he just bent his head down, probably laughing.

"Donni! Shut up!" I said as I pushed his shoulder.

JC stood up, it seems the crowd was looking for a performance. And I was hoping he as going to sing, but he came over to me and held out his hand. "Care to join me?"

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Definitely. If they want a show, we'll give them one. And at least you'll have something to remember me by," he replied.

"JC, are you sure? I don't think you're ready," Donni warned.

"Oh, I'm positive," he said. I gave my clutch and jacket to Donni and took JC's hand.

The song was an up-tempo song with a smooth beat.....like a musical contradiction. We started face to face and I was just sure I was blushing, so I spun around and began to dance in front of him. He placed his hands on my waist, pulling me in closer to his chest. My heart started to race being that close to him. I placed my hands over his and I slowed down the pace of my dancing, bringing us closer together. He moved his body to the same rhythm and was pretty good at keeping up with my ever changing movements.

Flashes from cameras were coming in just about every direction. I wasn't so sure if that was going to be a good thing for tomorrows tabloids, but for the time being, I was enjoying myself. He was quite a bit taller than me, but I could feel him move closer to the side of my face. His hands also weren't shy, he caressed his fingers on my thighs and around by my waist. Things would've been different if I wasn't just a tad attracted to him.

I don't know if I was imagining or it was real, but I didn't hear the excited chatter from the people, I didn't hear the music, I just felt his and my own presence. I heard an uproar of applause and I snapped back to reality once again. JC held my hand up and showed me off. I simply mouthed 'thank you' as we made our way back over to Donni.

"Wow, that was hot. How come you never dance with me like that?" Donni asked as he handed me back my belongings.

"Because you always complain that you can't keep up," I replied.

"Thank you for honoring me with your dancing," JC told me.

I scoffed. "Oh please, me? I should be saying that to you, JC or should I call you Mr. Chasez, since you've been known to school a few people?"

Was I flirting? That was the worse line ever. I wish I had thought about that two seconds earlier.

"With moves like that, you can call me anything you want, mama," he replied. Was he flirting back? Hmm, maybe that wasn't a bad line after all.....no, that was definitely a bad line.

We chilled out at the party with JC for a few more hours, mingling and networking with various peoples. When JC was ready to leave, Donni and I went to go walk him out to get in some last minute thank you's. He really was a sweet person and you definitely don't meet a lot of celebrities like that anymore.

"Thanks for inviting us man, we really appreciate it," Donni said as they shook hands.

"It's no prob. Oh, we did a reschedule for the shoot, so I'll be seeing you Sunday, if not tomorrow," he said.

He came over to me and hugged me, my kneecaps almost went jello on me, but I kept it together for my own sake. "And thank you for an awesome dance. It was really nice meeting you, maybe I'll see you at the shoot," he said.

He smelled so good and I know his fragrance was all over me now, thank you GOD!

"You're welcome and thank you for letting me meet you, I'll never forget it," I responded.

He smiled, biting his lip and did a semi-bow as he got into his car and drove off. Donni and I felt all partied out, so we decided to call it quits, too and leave.

"That was sex on the dance floor and you know it," Donni said suddenly.

"What! No it was not, it was just dancing," I said.

"Okay, you're talking to me here, I'm a guy and I know sex when I see it. That was dancing pornography," he said.

I laughed at his silliness, shaking my head.

"Fine, don't acknowledge that but do acknowledge that he's into you," he told me.

"Did you drink when I told you not to? You have definitely gone off the deep end with that one. I mean I could care less about the age gap, but he could date vomiting models, why the hell would he want some 18 year-old college kid?" I asked.

"Because you're NOT a vomiting model. Trust me, that shit is not attractive. AT all. And why would he care about age? You're an adult," he replied.

"I don't buy it. I think he was just being polite, you know, he's very grounded and humble," I said.

"Did you see how many other women were there? He couldn't keep his eyes off of you, Esa. Come on, you know that there was something. He made eye contact, constant body contact, and he was throwing multiple signals at you all at once. I have to ask him to teach me that, actually," he told me.

"Adonis, don't poison me with false hope. I'd love to think that but, it'd never work. I mean astrologically, we're polar opposites," I said.

"Opposites attract....and let's not forget that two of his closest friends are the same sign as you and I'm his sign. I'm not poisoning you. It's just obvious. You can ask anyone there and they'd tell you. The chemistry was just.....there."

I sat and thought about what he said as he drove me home. I did feel something when we danced, but who's to say that it was mutual? We flirted, but how would you respond to that lame ass line, anyway? I'm just going to take our time together for what it was: a fan meeting who she's a fan of. And not taking it too much to the heart. He's famous, he's older, and we just live two different lives.

Chapter End Notes:
I just JUMPED right into this, so excuse any mistakes. And I got confused about the placing of images, so if I put it in the wrong place, I apologize.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: postsync jc justin