Author's Chapter Notes:
Toward the ending of this chapter was cut off by accident, but it's fixed now. :)

 

I woke up feeling more than awesome. I reflected on the night before as I showered. All I could do was smile. I still smelled his scent; it seemed to linger in my nose all night. If yesterday wasn't my lucky night, then I don't know what else could make it better. As I got out the shower, I wrapped my towel around me and walked back into my room. I wasn't paying attention, so my eyes were on the carpet as I was walking back and I saw a pair of shoes that shouldn't have been there. As I followed the shoes up to the torso, I felt that I knew who this body belonged to. I dropped my towel and met my eyes with JC.

"AAAAAAAAH!" I shot up from my bed, looking around to see if anyone was there. "Wait.....that wasn't a nightmare!" I shouted as I tried to go back to sleep.

"Esamar! What's wrong?!" my mom yelled.

"Nothing Ma! I'm fine! It was just a spider on my leg!" I lied. I know that it would've been a lot more screaming if that was true. Just saying it made me check my bed afterward. I got ready for the day. I have no idea how my mom's voice carried that far, we have a three story house, and I have my own floor; room, bathroom, closet, and even my own living room area.

I was just gonna chill at home and blast music whi-- "I think I wanna stay single, maybe we're better apart.." my phone went off, it was Donni.

"Home of the whopper, what's your beef?" I greeted.

"Be dressed in 10 minutes," he said.

"For what? I was gonna chill at home damn it," I complained.

"JC's gonna be here."

"I've already seen him once. I don't wanna stalk the man," I said.

"He's doing a few shirtless shots."

"So you said 10 minutes?"

"Yes. Look professional, like you work at the studio, I don't want his people thinking I let my friends party at my job," he told me.

"Gotcha, later."

I dropped my phone on my bed and went to my closet, pulling out a black pencil skirt and a nice collared, cream shirt. I grabbed my large black belt and wrapped it around my waist.

"Shoes......I don't have shoes to go with this. God damn it all to hell......Ma!" I called as I went down to the second floor to her room.

"Oh that's nice, where you going?" she asked.

"Thank you. Um Donni wants me to help out around the photo studio, so I'm gonna go make some extra cash," I replied.

"Oh okay. I have some nice cream heels that will go with that," she said. My mommy is a life saver.

"Whew! Thank goodness because that's what I was coming down here for," I said as she handed me the shoes. "Thanks mom, I'll call you if I'm gonna come home late."

"Alright then, have fun."

I quickly put the shoes by my stairs and ran up to my floor to go do my hair. A nice and simple low ponytail. I didn't want to put any make-up on so I just put on some lip gloss and some face cream. I looked in the mirror, grabbed my bag, then ran downstairs with the shoes in my hand. I heard my phone ringing so I just ran outside barefoot and met Donni in the driveway.

"Damn, I said look professional not corporate," he said.

I laughed. "I can never win with you, I swear."

"You know I'm kidding. You look great. I think your boy JC might drool," he teased.

"Adonis, don't start with the poison," I warned.

"Fine, think what you want, but that man wants you," he said.

"Ugh.......wants me how?" I was curious to know what he meant.

"In every way possible. Any guy can be physically attracted to a woman but not like her. I think he's into you physically and wants to know you personally," he explained.

"How have I known you for years and am just finding out about this side of you?" I asked.

"You come to me with everything but relationship or male issues, which is weird since I should be the first one you come to. Anyway, I don't butt in," he replied.

"I just wanna know where you're getting this from. We did flirt, but hell, you flirt with me all the time and it's nothing," I said.

"Because we don't have anything better to do, we don't count. JC on the other hand is attracted to you. You have a playful aura about you. I see it as very coquette, it makes you more attractive. It seems to win because you don't know you're doing it," he said.

"Wait, so when I'm being plain old me, brushing guys off unintentionally, they sometimes like it?" I asked.

"For some reason, yes. It's a weird situation and I frankly don't have the energy," he replied as we pulled into the studio's parking lot.

Once again I thought about Donni's words. He could be right, but that might not be the case for JC. I slipped on my shoes and followed Donni. I had been here plenty of times before, but never during a shoot, so things were a lot more active when I got inside. Everyone seemed to be moving at 100 miles per second, so I figured that JC was already there.

"Go sit down over there. You'll be able to see the shoot and blend in fine. If anyone asks who you are, say you're my assistant. Everyone who works here already knows you, so it should be his people that are asking anything," he explained. I nodded and went to go take a seat.

I was so fascinated with everything that was going on until I saw JC step

out. He looked so good, I mean, the stylists for the shoot really knew what clothing fashion fit him. I love the chill-out look but I also didn't mind seeing a man look clean cut: dress shirt, tie, slacks. Elegance was just as sexy to me. He happened to look up and caught me staring at him. I looked away quickly.

"You made it," he called out.

"Yeah, seems that I did," I smiled.

"What's the possibility of you doing something after this?" he asked.

"I'm gonna bum a ride with Adonis, that's probably it. Why, Is there something you know that I don't?" I asked.

"Hopefully before this is over, I can get the words out to tell you," he replied.

I smiled. It's always been hard to believe that JC's a shy person and now that it was obvious, I found what we had in common to be even more attractive. I felt Donni tap me and give me his 'I told your ass' looks. I just quietly laughed to myself. Nothing was really happening just yet, so I engaged myself in my iPod Touch. I saw a shadow come over my touch.

"Hey what the hell?" I started to shake my iPod and a hand touched my wrist. I looked up and Donni was shaking his head at me. "What?"

"You suck as an assistant, I've been calling you for years. I need you to help me with JC," he said.

"Help you do what?" I asked, feeling the nerves shoot in all different directions.

"Just come on, damn it, stop being so difficult," he replied. I swatted him away and followed behind him into the dressing room. The stylist and JC were standing there waiting.

"Okay now, Esamar we need an opinion from you," Donni said.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Because you've been an NSYNC fan," he replied.

"I resent that. I still am an NSYNC fan," I corrected.

He rolled his eyes and gave me a 'whatever' sigh and JC smiled, shaking his head. They told me to turn around and close my eyes, so I did. Donni turned me back around and he gave me the go to uncover my eyes.

I removed my hands and my eyes laid on JC's bare upper body.

"Ohhhhh, boy. I'm a breathing woman, how can you torture me like this," I said, knowing that I was showing my embarrassment.

"Okay so this look may work. Krista, do the jeans," Donni said.

I was confused about what he meant but the stylist unbuttoned JC's jeans and lowered them, exposing more of his lower abdomen. The thoughts running through my head were too much to even think of.

"What do you think about this one?" Krista asked.

"She's probably thinking dirty thoughts, so I think this one'll work, too," Donni said.

I gasped and smacked him in his arm. "I'm not afraid to do time for man two, you know."

He just laughed and asked Krista to come with him. JC and I were left alone in the dressing room together. Adonis did that on purpose. Most guy best friends try to prevent you from dating because they're secretly in love with you, but as you can see that's not Donni, damn him.

"So, did you see yourself on TMZ dancing with me?" I asked, trying not to draw attention to the fact that Donni was right about what I was thinking.

"Actually I didn't, but I don't care. I wanted to dance with you," he replied.

"Do you mind if I ask why?" I asked.

"Because 10 years and just a ‘hi', wouldn't have been all that memorable," he replied.

I chuckled softly. "That dance was definitely something that's hard to forget."

"I could say the same," he responded softly. I glanced at him and he leaned back against the wall, with his body facing me.

I walked over to stand in front of him. "Why wouldn't you forget it?" I asked.

"Because it was with you...," he replied. I felt my stomach get light. Was I dreaming again?

"I'm not anyone special.....," I said, staring down at the floor. I felt his fingers touch my chin, lifting my head up so our eyes met.

"I disagree. Would......you like to go to lunch with me?" he asked.

I kept my eyes roaming; I was scared to look into his eyes. I didn't want to get wrapped up in something that wouldn't work.

"JC....I don't know...," I replied softly.

"If you're worried about any cameras, we don't have to eat lunch at a public place," he said.

"Then where would we go?"

"My place, but only if you're comfortable with eating there instead of at a restaurant," he replied.

I didn't want to turn him down without being able to give him a fair chance. Maybe we'll be able to maintain a friendship.

"Sure.....that's fine. I'd love to," I said.

"Great, after the shoot?" I nodded as he began to walk out the door. Krista was calling him.

"Oh, and my face is up here, Esamar," he smiled.

I laughed and as soon as he left the room, I smacked my hand across my forehead. "Ohhh. God bless that man." 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: postsync jc justin