Author's Chapter Notes:
It's two years later.....

2010

........I heard the door open and this time I looked up. Big mistake. JC had his towel wrapped around his waist, hair wet, body wet, water dripping down his face and chest. I threw myself back onto the bed, pretending I didn't see anything.

"JC.....you're not even a tease, you're just being cruel," I finally said

"I normally don't sport a towel, so I do have SOME sympathy for you," he joked.

I shot up out of bed and looked around; just another dream. I looked at the time: 6:28 am. It's been a while since I last saw JC. I never really expected him to keep in touch because, well, he's in the public eye and I'm just plain Jane. We never got the chance to exchange numbers and we just sort of fell out of touch. Of course, I have to admit though; I miss him and often wonder if he realized I wasn't the one to keep in touch with.

I picked up my phone off of my small drawer next to my bed, I passed out quite early last night and might have missed some calls. I looked and I had a few texts from classmates and one from Adonis:

From Adonis:

Come to the studio today, by 8 am. It's important, I promise.

I looked at the clock and sighed. "Shit." I quickly got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth while the shower warmed up. I didn't want to be late, so I wasted no time in picking out something to wear. I wasn't sure what the occasion was so I just put on some skinny jeans and a novelty tee. I gave myself some side bangs and put the rest into a low ponytail. I grabbed my keys, stuffing my phone into my bag and headed out the door.

I didn't know why me being at the studio was important, but I quickly rushed inside. I saw Donni talking to someone, but I pressed on anyway.

"Donni, what was so important I had to be here at 8 in the morning?" I asked.

His eyes shot to the guy he was speaking to. I didn't notice before, but I knew who this person was. Once he turned around, I was face to face with JC Chasez. He smiled. I noticed his casual dress: skinny-legged jeans, a novelty t-shirt, and this sweet black vest with a pair of white Vans to end the ensemble. I looked him up and down, shot a look at Adonis and walked off.

"Esamar!" Donni called after me. I kept walking and didn't stop until I was in my car. I put my head on the steering wheel. I was feeling so many things at once, but the only emotion apparent was anger.

I heard a tap on the glass that made me jump. I looked up and it was JC. "Can we talk?"

I decided to take a large step and be courageous. I unlocked the doors. "Get in."

He walked around to the passenger side of the car and got in. We both sat in silence.

"Joshua, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Another shoot," he replied.

"Really, just this random in two years?" he asked.

"Fine, I wanted to see you. I know it's been awhile but I didn't intentionally avoid coming to see you," he said.

"That's so much easier to say than it is to believe, Josh," I said.

I was trying not to be so angry with him, but I was and I couldn't control it.

"I thought you understood what I do and my obligations. Esa, we lost touch, it happens. Shouldn't the only thing that matter is that I'm here now?" he asked.

"J.....I can't talk to you right now. My head is not in the right place, I need to go," I replied.

He nodded and got out of my car, I turned the engine over. He stared at me and I put my head down, blinking away tears I couldn't explain. I drove off, heading back towards home. I needed to be alone.

---------------------

I lied in bed, staring at the ceiling. I wasn't sure why I felt so hurt. JC wasn't my boyfriend, we never established anything like that, but I still felt bad. My phone was ringing off the hook and after about the 5th time it rang, I answered it.

"Hello?" I greeted sluggishly.

"What the hell was that about, Esamar?!" Donni asked.

"Why would you do that to me?" I responded.

"I thought you'd be happy to see him, but obviously I was wrong," he replied.

"He's been M.I.A. with me for two years, I don't think putting me in that position would've made me happy," I said.

"I gave him your number, so he'll be calling you," he told me.

"You did what? Why the hell would you do that?" I asked.

"Esamar, he really wants to explain things to you. So suck up your shit and don't be this way. Don't you deserve an explanation?"

"Fine Donni, I don't have the energy to argue with you because of the mass of energy I'm using elsewhere, so whatever, bye."

I hung up the phone and slammed back into my mattress. I had so much going through my mind, so many questions. Why didn't he come back to the studio sooner, if he had my number? What made him decide now was the best time to come back? I wondered.

I heard my phone ring and I wasn't sure whether I wanted to answer it. I let it ring once more, and then I picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's JC, Donni gave me your number, don't be mad."

"I'm not, talk.......please," I quietly said.

"I know you're mad at me, Esa, but there were many reasons why I couldn't get in contact with you," he said.

I cleared my throat. "I have all day, tell me what they are."

"I got caught up in work and I was very busy. I had some personal issues to work out and I needed time away from everyone. And, I wanted to calm all the suspicions about us. People would follow me when I tried to come to your house, so I would keep going and never come. They would follow me to the studio, so I didn't go. I wanted things to die down, I didn't wanna be responsible for you being harassed," he explained.

I felt stupid for being angry at him, but I was still upset. I don't know why, I mean he told me why he couldn't and I believe him. Yet I was still uneasy.

"I didn't mean to be so difficult, but.........I just missed you is all," I quickly said, hoping he didn't catch it.

"I missed you, too.....a lot, actually," he told me.

I was embarrassed, but I'm not sure if it was from him catching what I said or him saying he missed me a lot.

"I'm gonna go make a quick run, so I'll talk to you later," he said.

"Wait, um, can I come with?" I asked.

"Are you sure? Things could get hectic if we're seen," he warned.

"No, I don't mind at all," I said confidently.

"Alright, I'm bringing a friend," he said.

"Okay, that's cool," I said. We hung up with one another and I got out of bed, grabbing my keys and phone then heading downstairs to the living room to wait.

I was watching a movie on TV, when I heard a knock on the door. I opened and JC was standing there in the outfit aforementioned and it hit me. It's hard to be mad with someone who looked strikingly beautiful. He stood there unsure of what reaction he would get from me. I opened my arms for a hug and we fell into each other's embrace.

I closed up my house and went to the car where the door was opened for me. I didn't see who was inside, the windows are tinted, I just hope it's not a female. I got in the car and I couldn't believe who the hell turned around and greeted me.

"Hi, I'm Justin, nice to meet you," he said.

I was frozen. This was like the best set up, EVER. JC and Justin Timberlake? That's like one of the best fantasies to have! Well.....at least in MY fantasy that is.

"Hello, wow, you have to forgive me, this is like the best dream I've never had. I'm.....who am I? Esamar," I greeted.

He smiled. "I don't think I've been that good to make a girl forget her name, no I'm just kidding."

I laughed and shook my head. This was going to be interesting, but I was ready to wring JC's neck.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"It would ruin the surprise you've been waiting 12 years for, I wouldn't do that to you," he replied.

I stared at him; I couldn't even tell you how I was feeling about him at that moment. The only other guy that cared anything about how I felt was Adonis.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"Nothing, I just......thank you so much. It was really sweet of you and I appreciate it especially after how I was acting," I told him.

"It's no problem, anything for a fan, right?" I nodded and tapped Justin. THE Justin.

"Thank you, too. You don't know how much this means to me. But now that you're both here, am I ever hearing music from you two?" I may never get to ask that question again.

"I don't even know to tell you the truth," Justin told me.

"I can help, I'm a rapper. They call me MC break-a-face," I joked.

"Wow," JC chuckled. "Great, just what I need, another one of him," he said, pointing to Justin.

"What's that supposed to mean, are you an Aquarius or something?" Justin asked me.

"Yes indeed, February 11th," I replied.

We high fived each other and I thought, 'I just touched Justin's hand'. Yeah, I know, dork.

He seems to be genuinely apologetic, introducing me to his best friend and everything. I'd really like to try our friendship again so we could get to know each other even better.

We pulled up in front of Whole Foods, and Justin opened the door for me. "Thank you, sir. You guys are gonna have to stop being gentlemen because once I'm spoiled, I'm spoiled."

"Then you'll just have to be spoiled. I'm surprised that you're not telling us to shove it because we're oppressing you," said Justin.

"I'm all for women independence, but being polite and having manners are totally different. I'm still an independent woman no matter what you do," I replied.

"Good deal," JC said as he grabbed a cart.

It was a pretty normal shopping experience, mostly because it was a bunch of elderly people there who wouldn't know JC or Justin if they were standing next to a magazine cover with their face on it. We were acting pretty silly in the store, but who doesn't? I would've liked to ride in the cart, if Justin didn't beat me to it first. I felt my phone vibrate, so I fell behind and checked to see what it was.

From: Adonis

Did you make up with JC 

To: Adonis

Yeah, I'm at Whole Foods with him.....and Justin Timberlake.

=D

From: Adonis

You're grocery shopping with JC AND Justin?! How the HELL did you pull that off?! How much making up did you guys do? ;)

I sighed, rolling my eyes.

To: Adonis

You're an idiot for that. I didn't do a thing with him, we just talked about it. Though it is nice that you think I'm a whore. Sweet. =|

From: Adonis

You talked about it? Wow. He must really be into you. Do I hear wedding bells?

"Ugh, ass," I whispered.

To: Adonis

You're an ass for saying that. We haven't even really gone out with each other on that level.

From: Adonis

Ask him out on a date then. Be unconventional like you always are. I bet he'd really like it.

I put my phone back in my bag and looked for the guys. I caught up with them and they were already in the checkout aisle.

"Oh, there you are. Wanna split some M&M's?" JC asked me. I checked to see if they were the peanut kind and nodded.

"Who are you having a party for?" I asked as we were putting the groceries into the back of the truck.

"Only me and Justin," he laughed.

I smiled and waited for Justin to get in the car after the back was closed.

"When do I get to take you out, Mr. Chasez?"

"Are you.......asking me out on a date, Ms. Bradley?"

"Yes, I'd like us to try our friendship again so we can get to know each other better," I replied.

"Mm, how much alone time are you willing to give me?" he whispered in my ear. I felt a warm chill throughout my entire body.

"As much as you work for," I teased.

He bit my neck and I quickly pushed him away.

"Whoo, I need to get in the car," I said.

He smiled and shook his head as he opened the door on his side. I opened the window, trying to let that cool air hit me asap, I was hot all over. I felt him tap my shoulder and I turned my attention toward him. He handed me the M&M bag.

"When would you like to go?" he asked.

"I was hoping you'd tell me. I believe your schedule is a bit busier than mine," I replied.

"That doesn't matter, I'll make the time," he said.

"How is next Friday?" I asked.

"I'll call you and let you know," he replied.

We pulled up back in front of my house. I signaled for them to come with me.

Um, you guys can hang out in the living room and watch old DVD's and such of yourself or you can just sit in the living room," I suggested.

"How much are we gonna regret the first option?" JC asked.

"Depends on how you feel, and I'm taking that as a yes," I replied. I showed them to the living room and pulled out my PopOdyssey DVD. Yes, I torture celebrities with their past. I did it, that's right, I'm bad.

I hit the play button and I disappeared upstairs to my room so I could push my bangs back into my ponytail. As soon as I was about to head out of my room door, I came face to face with my cousin Evalyn.

 

"Oh my God! You scared the shit out of me! Don't DO that!" I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Okay, either I'm on an acid trip or two-fifths of NSYNC is on the couch watching themselves," she said.

"It's definitely the acid trip," I laughed.

"I thought JC fell off the planet," she commented.

"He showed up today at Donni's studio. Want me to introduce you or re-introduce or whatever?"

"Uh YEAH, how retarded do you think I am?" She asked.

As soon as I was about to open my mouth, she put her hand up. "Don't you dare answer that."

I laughed as we came down the stairs, giggling like we were 12 again, watching music videos. We both walked in and all eyes were on us; I mean glued. Must have been the jeans.

"JC, you remember my cousin Evalyn. Justin, this is Evalyn. Eva, you know who they are," I introduced. She greeted them and went to shake their hands. Her face was so red; I could tell as soon as she got to her room, she was going to explode.

"We're actually hanging out at my place after this, maybe you, Evalyn, and Donni can drop by," he invited.

"Definitely," I replied.

"Nice meeting you, Mr. Timberlake. I'll paparazzi you later on if I can make it to the kickback," I said.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, too. And I'll be sure to wear my Speedo's," he smiled. Eva said her goodbyes and disappeared into the downstairs bathroom.

I laughed, stopping JC at the door. "Stay inside for a second?" I asked.

He nodded and stepped back. I closed the door and leaned against it. "Come here," I said.

He walked over to me and I gently pulled him into me, hugging him. He was shocked, hell, I was shocked, but he wrapped his arms around my waist. He held me tight and we bobbed from left to right.

"What was that for?" he asked, his voice was low and sexy.

"For.....everything. Letting me meet Justin when I was being so rude to you and being hot helped, too," I joked.

He laughed. I finally let him go and opened the door for him.

"You're welcome, I'll see you later?" he called out.

"Hopefully," I said. I watched as he pulled out the driveway and took off down the street. I closed the door and sank down against it. I felt like I was back in junior high, crushing on one of the cutest guys in school.

"Someone's in love." My eyes shot up at Evalyn and I quickly got up off the floor. We walked into the living room, plopping down on the couch.

"I'm not in love with anyone, you know how I feel about "love"," I said.

"I beg to differ. That didn't look like an 'I like you' move," she responded.

I sent Donni a text asking if he was going to come with us to JC's small kickback, but he replied saying he had to do some late working at the studio and then finish up some homework.

"Oh......have you and JC ever, um, taken a train ride together?" she asked.

"Oh God, noooo. We almost did two years ago, but he chose not to," I replied.

"He didn't have sex with you? He is drop dead in love with you," Eva said.

"No, he's not. He just wants to get to know me better," I said.

"Wow, maybe I should date Chris Kirkpatrick if that's how guys in their 30's act," she joked.

"Well he does still look pretty good, go for it. I don't know when this kickback thing is, so you might wanna start getting at least halfway ready," I suggested.

"Cool. Answer this first though. Isn't it weird Justin was always your crush and now you're connecting with JC?" she asked.

"Ironic, yeah. I don't know, maybe Justin didn't need me. He does have a girlfriend at the moment," I replied.

"Meaning JC's the one who probably needs you?" she asked.

I nodded my head and I watched as she shook hers 'no'. "Why are you saying no?"

"I don't think JC needs you; I think.....you need JC."

I was shocked mostly from hearing that. I needed JC? Eva and I went up to my floor and I plopped down on my couch.

"What's the matter?" she asked me.

"No--"

"Don't tell me nothing, I'm not a stranger. I know when something's wrong," she interrupted.

I sighed, driving my fingers through my hair. "What did you mean by I need JC?"

"It's just my personal opinion, but I think that even though Justin might have been the path you wanted to cross, he wasn't the path you needed to cross. JC was put in your path because you need someone like him. Why you need him? It's too soon to tell," she explained.

"How come it's not JC needing me?" I asked again.

"You know why. I don't think he walks around like he doesn't need anybody, Esamar," she replied.

"That makes me worry," I said.

"Don't think too much into it, because I know how you get. Do me a favor though, don't hold back with him. I know you wanna be friends with him, but you never know where that could take you."

"I don't think JC and I are like that anymore," I told her.

"You don't know that. I don't think he'll let you slip away that easily again."

"You make it sound like he's falling in love with me or something and you know I can't let that happen," I said.

"Esa, you can do all the fighting you want. But when love really hits you, nothing you do will be able to stop it. Now let's go to this thing, I'm hungry and I know he's got snackage."

I followed her out the door, making sure to leave a note for my mom in case she got home before us. As I got in the car, I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts, I didn't realize I had no idea where I was going. I quickly called JC on speaker and put the phone in Eva's hand.

"Hello?"

"Hey JC, it's Esa. Where the hell am I going?"

I heard him chuckle and I tried my best to not let my mind wander back to my thoughts as I received directions. Joshua, the one I need?

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter....thanks to those that do read.

Oh!!! And the part of chapter 2 that was cut off, has been fixed...sorry about that. =/ 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: postsync jc justin