I woke up the next morning, bright and early.....at 10 am of course, but still pretty early. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take care of my morning business, then headed downstairs watch some Sunday morning cartoons on Boomerang. I wasn't sure what I wanted for breakfast, but I ended up getting some Lucky Charms and sat at the table.

"You're still glowing," I heard Eva say.

"Whatever," I said. I didn't even bother to look up at her.

"Aww, are you mad because of what I said yesterday? It's true Esamar, you just don't want it to be. Look, do you have Justin's number?" she asked.

"No, why would I have his number? I told you I'm not trying to get him caught up with Jessica," I replied.

"Because you're his best friend's.....new friend? Ugh, whatever. Did you check your phone?" she asked.

"No, I left it upsta--." She took off toward the staircase and ran upstairs to get my phone. I sighed heavily. What was wrong with that girl? She came back downstairs with my phone and she handed it to me.

"Here, now check," she said.

I rolled my eyes and scrolled through my contacts. I know my phone. I didn't ask Justin for his number, he didn't offer so his number wo--.

"Why is his number in my phone?!" I yelled.

"Call him and ask," she replied.

"I don't know what kind of conspiracy you're involved in with Justin, but you're supposed to be on my side," I said as I pushed the call button.

"Hello?"

"Hi, may I please speak to Justin?" I greeted.

"May I ask who's calling?"

"Esamar, JC's......fan...friend," I quickly said.

"Fan friend, nice title. What's going on?" he laughed.

"Any idea how your 7's got in my phone?"

"What had happened was, there was a lake and this guy was chopping this tree and he yelled "Timber!" and that's where my last name comes from," he replied.

I tried not to laugh, but that was just too retarded not to laugh at. "Justin! That has nothing to do with what I asked."

"It was JC, he told me to do it," he laughed.

"What? See, he's trying to get me into a fight with Jessica Biel, I don't appreciate this since I can't afford security," I joked.

"Nah, I'm kidding. I did it willingly, though I have to admit, I'm usually not so cool with any of JC's girlfriends, I mean fan friends," he said.

I put my forehead into my palm. "I'm gonna let that slide. But before I leave you be, I need to ask you something."

"Go for it."

"What did you tell Evalyn about JC's feelings are toward me?" I asked.

"Hmm. You're definitely a bit younger, but JC's really comfortable around you. Like he's known you for as long as he's known me. You don't act like most girls your age, and I think that's what drew him to you in the first place. I know my boy and I've just never seen him light up the way he does with anyone else. I don't know you too well, but I do know that you like him just as much," he replied.

I didn't even know what to say. "Oh....wow."

"Your cousin told me that you get edgy about comments like that, but I used to feel the same way. Clamping yourself up doesn't make the feelings go away, no matter how hard you try. But I'm about to head out, so I'll text you," he said.

"Okay, thanks, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up my phone and finished up the last of my cereal. Eva was on the couch, turned around and waiting for me to say something.

"Well.....?" she prompted.

"What....I don't have anything to say," I said as I got up to rinse my bowl, placing it inside the dishwasher.

"Why not? Geez, what the hell did Justin say to make you speechless?" she asked.

"The same thing you said, except, hearing it straight from him, as someone who really knows JC is just.....I don't know."

"You heard the truth, then. He's probably denying it like you are, so don't think you're alone in this. I can bet that Justin talked to JC about you," she replied.

"We're just friends and even as a buddy, I don't know if I'd be ready to be pulled into the life he lives," I told her.

"I admit, it comes with the territory and it can get challenging, but you've always been a strong person," she said.

"Thanks. I mean, you're right, it's tough but it's what he sacrificed to do what he loves and I admire that," I said.

I was walking to go sit on the couch, when the doorbell rang, I slid my feet across the wood floor and I looked through the peephole to see who could possibly be at my door so early.

"Donni, why are you on my doorstep?" I asked as I swung the door open to let him in. I waited for him to get all the way inside before I pushed the door close and slid back over to the couch.

"I came for an explanation. Now how did you jump from making up to shopping with Justin Timberlake? How?" Donni asked me.

"I, uh....," I replied slowly. I knew that it was about to be 21 questions in here.

"Well......?" Eva asked.

"He told me he had an errand to run. All I did was ask to tag along, I didn't know the friend he was gonna be was Justin," I replied.

"He's such a sweetheart, bet he doesn't know you'd rather be screwing Justin," said Eva. She killed me with her bluntness sometimes.

"Oh wow, shut your face. That is not true," I said.

"Well are you guys ever gonna go on a date?" Donni asked.

"Nah, we are just friends. How many times do I have to say that?" I responded.

"Wait, let me get this straight, you're gonna let that fine piece of man just walk on by?" asked Eva.

"What the--. Eva, please seek mental help," I replied.

"Right now, what do you want?" asked Donni.

"I want your lovin', I want your revenge, you and me could write an erotic romance," I joked.

"I don't even know why you asked that pervert a question like that," Eva said. I laughed my butt off while they chatted.

"It's not only me, it's a mutual feeling, JC and I would like to remain friends," I said.

"Haven't you seen 'Just Friends'? That's the friend zone!" Donni shouted.

I giggled. "If he's interested in that way, he can ask me out, no one is stopping him."

"How come we never get that kind of benefit of the doubt?" Eva asked.

"You guys aren't gonna give me the pipe," I joked.

Donni scoffed. "Shit, all you had to do was ask."

I made a face at him and brushed him away. "Don't you even start with your patronizing." He cheesed and batted his eyelashes.

I was joking around, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sexually attracted to JC, I mean the dream I had was only one of many that I had before, but it was different since I had already met him.

He was sweet, humble, and shockingly, shy, something you wouldn't even think he'd be since he's an entertainer but he really is and it drives me insane because it's sexually appealing to me. Don't ask why though, I wouldn't be able to explain. I just notice that he's very coy and it's the small things he does that I find the most attractive.

"Are you gonna be with JC today?" Eva asked me.

"No not that I know of. I'm all yours today," I replied. The second I finished my sentence, Justin texted me.

From: Justin

What are you doing today?

To: Justin

Hanging out with the homies.

From: Justin

Oh okay, well I know we just met and all, but JC's birthday is coming up and I know he'd like it if you helped me plan something? =]

I laughed. Smooth.

To: Justin

Slick!!! But yeah, most def. I'd love to help.

From: Justin

Sweeeeeet. I'll keep you posted.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I was kinda hoping we would sit on the couch and just watch cartoons all day," Donni replied.

"Yeah you WOULD suggest that. Why don't you just hang out with JC?" Eva asked.

"Because he's not my boyfriend, I don't need to smother the guy, gosh," I replied.

"It's not smothering if you just met......I think," Eva said.

"What if he wants to see you?" Donni asked me.

I shrugged and kinda did it again by instinct. "I don't know, I guess let him see me? But he wouldn't anyway, he's busy doing something, most likely he's in the studio."

"He'd make time for you though, and that's such a sexy trait in a man, making time when he's busy. A lot of guys don't possess that and lots of women don't appreciate that," she said, emphasizing 'women'.

"Evalyn, don't start. I do appreciate him making the time for me, but I also don't need to take up every ounce of his free time," I replied.

"Fine, a day to cartoons it is," Donni said.

I plopped down on the couch and rested my head on Donni's shoulder. "Why did you do this for me in the first place? Everything with JC."

"Because you're my best friend and I knew how much it would mean to you, but I didn't plan for him to fall head over heels, you did that on your own," he replied.

I tapped him in his abs. "Either way, thank you," I replied.

He patted me on my knee. "Yeah, well if you ever get a chance to meet Halle Berry, well, you know." Eva and I laughed like fools, teasing him. The times with people that know me the best always eased my mind.

"Okay, serious time," Eva began. "Can you be honest and tell us how you feel about JC? How he makes you feel?"

I lifted my head off of Donni's shoulder and let the questions sit in. "Errr, I guess I can do that," I replied.

"He is a sweet person, he's funny, smart, hard-working, and I know we're cosmically different, but we've understood each other so well and connected so quickly, it scares me. I feel like.......I'm home when I'm with him and I've never felt like that with someone who wasn't you guys. He can be honest with me and me with him and there'll be no misunderstandings. He makes me feel.....like a woman. He doesn't treat me like an immature young adult. He's gorgeous, yes, ohhhh yes. What I like the most about him, physically, is his eyes. When he looks at me, I know I turn red. I feel so many things at once: cared for, happiness, comfort, but most of all....trust....," I trailed.

"Esamar.....if you could just see the way you look when you talk about him, you wouldn't believe it," Eva said.

"You, my dear friend, like him more than you'd like to admit," Donni added.

"You guys have been saying that, without any real evidence," I responded.

"All the evidence we need is how you just answered that question. You've taken that much from him in only two days. You seem to have noticed small things that most people don't even notice about their own friends," Eva said.

"How could you not notice some eyes like that, they're beautiful," I defended.

"Esa, you are in love with the man, just accept it," Donni said.

"I don't even believe in that love at first sight jazz. I'm still getting to know him, how can I be in love that quick?" I asked.

"You feel comfortable, that's how. He makes you feel safe. I know you don't wanna admit it because you're afraid it won't be mutual, but from the looks of it, Mr. Joshua is crazy about you," she replied.

"Yeah, yeah, I never see it, why not?"

"Why would he make it obvious to you? I told you he's probably denying the same thing you are," Eva replied.

"Then how would you guys possibly know that he's crazy about me?"

"How many times do I have to go over this? At the party, there were females everywhere, fawning all over him. Yet the minute he met you, he didn't take his attention away from you, once. At the studio, half naked women all over the place, but he couldn't stop glancing over at where you were. Of course, you found your Touch more interesting, so you wouldn't have even seen that," Donni replied.

We continued to talk and they were right about some things, but we were just friends. After two years, I think that's fair enough. Evalyn and Adonis want to see me happy and I don't know what made them think I was unhappy to begin with. Doesn't mean JC can make me a happy person.

After spending all day hanging out with my dears, I retired up to my room and got ready to take a shower. I heard my phone vibrating on my nightstand, so I ran quickly to pick it up.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Hey, it's JC, what are you up to?" he asked.

"I was just about to take a shower, but it can wait," I replied.

"A shower, hmm. I don't think I wanna interrupt that," he said lowly.

I smiled. "Mr. Chasez, you're being naughty again. I don't wanna have to teach you a lesson," I teased.

"Put me out of my misery and teach me a lesson, please," he said innocently.

"Can you come over?" I blurted out.

"I can, but only if you want me to," he replied softly.

"I want you to," I said.

What the hell? Stop! Don't do it!

"I'll be there in 10 minutes, so that should be plenty of time for your shower," he told me.

"JC.....I'll wait, just come over," I said.

Too late, Kobe for the lay-up, Gasol for the slam dunk.

He sweetly said bye and we hung up. I threw myself back on my bed, thinking of what I just got myself into. It doesn't have to be anything, but apparently, it could be impossible.

Chapter End Notes:
I split this one into two, so I'm posting the next chapter as well.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: postsync jc justin