stories/1770/images/JC_2.pngI heard my alarm go off and I rolled over, covering my head with my pillow. The worst part about sleeping so well in the middle of the day was waking up. I hated it.

"Get up!" I heard Justin yell. He was jumping on my bed.

"Dude, go away!" I yelled back, pulling my blankets over me.

"I bet if I was Esa, you wouldn't be telling me to go away. By the way, you did an awesome job in finding a new girl with some rhythm. Sweet," he said.

"Fuck. Off," I said.

He laughed and hopped off my bed. I finally got up and went to the bathroom. I had a good nap and now it's ruined.

"I was surprised when we were dancing. Nothing about her would seem like it matches the person she is when she dances," I said as I followed Justin down to the kitchen.

"And you noticed? Wow, JC.......can I be your best man?" he asked jokingly.

I almost threw an ice cube at him. "What? Dude, whatever, it's not even like that. I like her, but marriage? Off your ass with that one," I replied.

"You never know. I think you might be with her longer than Bobbie," he said.

I rolled my eyes. Bobbie was a great girl, but things just didn't work out. "What makes you think that?" I asked.

"You've dealt with me for this long," he replied.

I laughed. "That's true, but she's a girl, totally different kind of relationship."

"Isn't her homeboy's birthday a few days after yours?"

How the hell does he even KNOW that? "So? From what I can see, they've never even thought of being a couple."

"Doesn't matter, still been friends for a long time," he shot.

"What is your obsession with trying to make this be my dream relationship? Why don't you just pop the question, so you can leave me be?" I asked as I poured some cereal.

"Whoa, whoa, marriage is not on the radar right now," he replied.

"Marriage isn't on my radar either. Esa and I are just friends," I defended.

"She just might let you tie her down. I'm tryin' to tell you that she's lovestoned and I think that you know," he joked. Only Justin would quote his own song in times like these.

"You sir, are an ass. I do know that she's attracted to me, or else last night would've never happened," I said, letting the last part slip before I could catch it.

"What! What happened last night?" he asked, taking a seat at the countertop.

"I called her last night and we're talking, then outta nowhere she invites me over. She's got like, her own floor, and we're on her couch talking and she goes and showers. I don't know if she was being a tease or what, but she comes out the bathroom, in her towel, dripping wet. I'm just like 'oh shit' in my head, can't stop looking at her until she closes her door. She opened her door and she's standing there in just a big t-shirt, she pulls me off the couch and into her bedroom. She tells me to sit and I'm just like, I don't know what she's doing, I can only be teased for so long. But it was hard to determine if that's what she was doing or not. Next thing I know, we're both half-naked and we're kissing and touching. I....well...I used my fingers a lot and she was out cold for the night," I explained, catching my breath.

I would've given him a shorter, one sentence summary, but I know how Justin is about details. He sat there, silent, with his mouth open, I couldn't help but laugh. "Care to say anything?" I asked.

"How'd she look naked?"

"Dude!" I yelled, throwing a pot holder at him.

He laughed and caught it. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. You didn't have sex, though?"

I shook my head. "I know that she wanted to and I know that I sure as hell wanted to, but something stopped us. Just couldn't do it," I replied.

"You guys care too much about each other, that's why. If you would've had sex and it was only just sex to you both, you wouldn't have stayed the night. You care about her, JC," he said.

"Of course I care, she's a sweet girl, I wouldn't want to hurt her, even if it was only sex," I replied.

"And it's not only sex that's between you and her?" he asked me.

"Nah, it's definitely more than that. We didn't really do anything extreme, but afterward, I just wanted to be with her," I admitted.

"You loooooooove her. JC loooooooves Esamar," Justin teased.

"I do not, I just like her."

I looked up and Justin was just shaking his head.

"Did you know you got a sparkle in your eye just now?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up. I already said that I like her, what do you want from me?"

"For you to stop the lies; seriously though, what do you even like about her?" he asked.

"She's sweet, easy to talk to, intelligent; she makes me laugh, not to mention I find her very sexy. She's just......cool. I don't have to feel like I'm some macho dude, puttin' up a front just to impress her. I can just be me when I'm around her. It's like I've known her all my life. The level of maturity she possesses is one of my favorite qualities about her. Most women her age don't act the way she does. Most women MY age don't act the way she does. You know how women will act a certain way until they're getting comfortable and then afterward you find out their bat-shit crazy?"

He nodded, smiling. "I haven't known Esa long, but she's not like that. She's already being herself with me," I replied.

"You've got a keeper. She trusts you and all I'm saying is, don't fuck it up, JC, for Christ sake, don't fuck it up," he advised.

I laughed, as I got up to put my cereal bowl in the dishwasher.

"Why do I have to be the one that messes it up?" I asked.

"Because you usually do, you're a bit catty," he replied.

"Catty? Kiss my ass," I laughed.

"See? That right there, always ready to chop someone's head off," he said.

"I just have a hard time being with someone who's too demanding. I need my girl to understand that I have obligations that keep me away for long periods of time," I explained.

"Hey, I know the feeling. I can see that Esa understands that though, she's doesn't seem like the demanding type," he said.

"I know. She's like, way too good to be true or something," I said.

"There's only one way to find out. Don't fuck it up!" He laughed.

"Man, whatever, I'm not gonna fuck anything up. At least I'll try not to," I admitted.

"I guess people still do have those love at first sight experiences," he responded.

"I don't know about all that," I said.

"Why not? I mean, how else is the instant chemistry between you guys explained? It's almost scary how well you guys clicked."

I had to agree with him there, but of course I wasn't going to say it. It's funny how things work out, like I randomly met Esa for a reason and just up and decided to come see her again. Even though I like her, that reason is still undetermined.

"Of course we'd click, she's like you and Joey, but a female," I joked.

"Yeah dress it up anyway that you want. Are you even gonna take her out on a date?" he asked me.

"Um, I don't know?" I replied.

"See? This right here is the road to you fuckin' it up," he said.

"I don't know. I'm not sure what we're gonna do. We said Friday but that's it," I replied.

"Take her for a nice dinner and dancing. You get that chance for a one on one, and hopefully she's not like most women who just order salad and water. I hate those women," he said, rolling his eyes.

"True. I know that dancing is an option because she was intense that night I met her."

Justin got up and sat across from me at the booth. "How about we make it a group event? Get your one on one during dinner and we can all meet at the club, have some drinks, well we can at least, and have some fun," he suggested.

"Sure, but you think Jess will come?" I asked.

"Probably not, but it'll be fine. Esamar can invite her friends and we'll chill in VIP, and it'll be a night to remember," he replied.

"I'll let her know and hopefully I'll get it together by then."

"Come on, let's drag our asses to the studio, I can't afford to be late," he said.

I shook my head and ran upstairs to change into some clothes. I'm glad I got that nap in, but I would've liked to go to lunch with Esamar and just hang out.

 

stories/1770/images/Esa.png

I was so tired by the time I got home, I just fell flat out on the couch.

"Esamar!"

"Eva, leave me alone, I'm out for the count!" I groaned.

"I just came to ask you if this was your shirt? Your mom kept asking me if it was mines and I said no." She held up the shirt and I almost said no, until I realized that it was for JC.

"Yeah, it's mine, just throw it on my stairs, I'll get it," I quickly said.

"Seems kinda big for you, but ooooookay," she said as she walked back upstairs. I sighed heavily and got off the couch. I had to go up to my room and call JC.

I dropped my things by my computer desk and locked myself in my room. I fell onto my bed. I didn't notice before, but JC's scent was all over my bed, he smelled so damn good. I picked up my phone and called him.

"Hey mama, wassup?" he greeted.

"Hey, I'm good, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm doing great," he replied.

"That's good, um, you left your shirt here," I said, lowering my voice.

"Oh, I know. I liked how you looked in it, so I figured I'd let you have it," he said.

"But I handed it back to you; you didn't have to do that. Either way thanks, sir."

"No problem. Oh before I forget. There's this club that we're going to on Friday and Justin invited us as VIP, so if you wanted to come and invite your friends, it'd be fine. But I wanted you to tag along with me somewhere before we go," he explained.

"Awesome, sounds fun. Where are we going before the club?" I asked.

"I can't tell you where, but it's dressy-casual and I know you're not into the high heels thing....."

"No, no, no, it's fine. JC, I have no problem with dressing appropriately for the occassion. It's the least I can do since you're taking me clubbing afterward. I think a sexy dress and some matching heels will be the beginning of a thank you," I explained.

He chuckled softly. "I'm gonna second that motion," he joked.

"Awww, how sweet. I should be saying the same thing, you're hot enough for the both of us," I complimented.

"I don't even know what to say to that, but I admit I'm blushing," he said.

I giggled. "Awwww, Josh!" I teased.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I chuckled softly.

"Do you know if the club plays reggae music?" I asked.

"I think so, why?"

"So I can learns you some stuff," I joked.

"I love the sound of that, learn me all you want," he said, his voice lowering.

"JC don't try to get all sexy with me, because it'll definitely work," I told him.

"That is duly noted. But I'm about to get in the booth, Justin says hi, so I'll talk to you when I can," he bade.

"Hey Justin. Alright then, bye JC."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and sent a quick club invite to Adonis and one to Eva because I didn't feel like leaving my bed. I got both back, saying they were going and I plunged my face into my pillow.

----------------- 

I shot up from my bed. I had stained tears on my cheeks. I looked at the clock, 3:23 am. I went to my bathroom to wash my face with cold water. I had to calm myself down. I went back in my room and I had a text from JC. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to look at it. My dream still had me on edge, but I decided to take a gander, anyway.

From JC:

I've got Red Vines, nyah nyah! =P

I smiled and laughed a bit. I know, for one, that wasn't JC, it was probably Justin being an uber dork. Either way, it made me chill out a little bit. I didn't wanna text back, because I wa-- "Lazy days, I'm in a hazy phase of watching countless ways in which my life goes crazy..." A text message from JC?

From JC:

Don't wanna wake you, ignore last text, it was Justin.

I shook my head, I knew it. Little did JC know, I was already awake.

To: JC

I'm awake, guys still at the studio?

From: JC

Yeah.....taking a break, but working hard.

To: JC

Mind if I come through for a spell?

From: JC

Don't you have school?

To: JC

Thanks to budget cuts, my first two classes are not in session tomorrow, lucky me.

From: JC

In that case, come on then. Um, Justin said to bring more Red Vines. Sigh.

To: JC

No problem, lol. Directions, I'm on my way.

He texted them to me and I put on some a white v-neck, comfy pajama pants, a black hoodie, and threw on my pair of J's. I quickly went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I threw my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my keys and tip-toed out the door. Good thing I was too tired to put my car in the garage yesterday. I got into the car and made a quick stop at a Wal-Mart and bought two tubs of Red Vines. Yes, I love them that much.

Soon enough, I pulled up in front of the studio, and JC quickly brung me inside. I saw Justin in the booth, so I guess that's why he practically ran me inside. I waved and showed him the Red Vines. He mouthed 'thank you' and smiled. I sat on the couch and opened my the tub as quietly as possible. I was interested in what was going on, but I couldn't stop thinking about my dream.

"Hey." I looked up. "You okay?" asked JC.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied.

"You were up so late doing homework?" he asked.

"Nah, I was sleeping. I had a bad dream and just woke up, couldn't go back to sleep," I explained.

"Aw, well if you get sleepy, you can knock out right where you are, we don't mind," he told me.

"Thanks." he nodded and turned back around. Both he and Justin were something special when it came to making music. They were definitely blessed with an incredible gift. I didn't know how much I was into watching them until I started to hum certain parts they were working on.

"I thought you would've been asleep by now," Justin said.

"What and miss this? No freakin' way, I can sleep anytime," I replied.

He laughed. "What do you think about what we're working on?"

"You guys don't hear me humming back here with Vines all in my mouth?" I asked jokingly.

"I guess that's a yes then," he replied laughing, taking a few Vines.

I smiled as I lied down on the couch. I listened to JC's voice the entire time, it was so soothing.....so sweet....so strong...so beautiful.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for the review jersey_tenn...Lakers all day! Lol.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: postsync jc justin